Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)  (Read 3244737 times)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #480 on: May 17, 2023, 11:41:57 am »
Probably... he's making a DM who can't turn round work so not much is beyond him ... not being sarcastic the bloke is ridiculous at what he does and Eze has a lot of talent so why not

This morning I'm on the old refrain of 'can we please just back him' - there really is no footballing or financial reason not to sign 3 or 4 top class players this window

Agreed. We need to back him no stories

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: May 17, 2023, 12:06:36 pm »
What about that lad for Dortmund, Jude Bellingham. Haven't seen his name mentioned in this thread

He has decided to take the money and join the sportswashers ...

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #482 on: May 17, 2023, 12:14:03 pm »
Probably... he's making a DM who can't turn round work so not much is beyond him ... not being sarcastic the bloke is ridiculous at what he does and Eze has a lot of talent so why not

This morning I'm on the old refrain of 'can we please just back him' - there really is no footballing or financial reason not to sign 3 or 4 top class players this window
Hopefully things may have changed. If we've decided to change the system- moved forward- as per Jurgen, at the tail-end of the season; then transfer plans and budget would have been impacted and moved ahead of "schedule". And this could not possibly have been done immediately, since we needed to have a run in this new system, to see how it works out.
So, after the feel-good win against Leicester, I'm getting a sense things have changed. You can just "feel" it- even Jurgen's post-match felt different.
That game feels like a marker - for me at least.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 12:21:19 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #483 on: May 17, 2023, 12:15:44 pm »
He has decided to take the money and join the sportswashers ...

Yeah because that's the only reason to join the biggest most successful club on the planet  ::)

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #484 on: May 17, 2023, 12:19:21 pm »
The football culture in Italy is less judgmental when it comes to diving, its seen as being clever, if we did Barella he would see how things are in training and after a period of adaptation he wouldn't be diving as much, its a non-issue

Are you sure? The judgment is delivered at the gate. Italian football attendances have fallen and fallen and fallen. Some of this is the tedious football, no doubt. But the endless diving must be a consideration too. It's punishing to watch.

Last night Barella was awful. But not untypical. I wouldn't want anyone that weak and unable to cope with basic gravity near Anfield.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: May 17, 2023, 12:20:27 pm »
Hopefully things may have changed. If we've decided to change the system at the tail-end of the season, transfer plans and budget would have been impacted- and not immediately, since we needed to have a run in this new system, to see how it works out.
So, after the feel-good win against Leicester, I'm getting a sense things have changed.
That game feels like a marker - for me at least.

Didn't Klopp say recently that the new system was already planned for next season, and we just brought it forward because the old system wasn't working? If so, it shouldn't impact our plans too much as we'll have been planning our transfers around the new system from the start.

That said, it seems really strange that we supposedly had a new system planned but made no attempt to use it until after our season was close to over, and that we would consider this a "transitional" season when the transition was planned for next season.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #486 on: May 17, 2023, 12:23:36 pm »
Didn't Klopp say recently that the new system was already planned for next season, and we just brought it forward because the old system wasn't working? If so, it shouldn't impact our plans too much as we'll have been planning our transfers around the new system from the start.

That said, it seems really strange that we supposedly had a new system planned but made no attempt to use it until after our season was close to over, and that we would consider this a "transitional" season when the transition was planned for next season.
At this moment, I'm not reading too much into our motives or anything else though. We've had enough "controversy" this season for my liking. I'm just happy it looks like we may end the season on a good note, and I'm too glad to see something that "works" again.
Did Jurgen say it was planned for next season, or did he just say that it was something that was planned "for the future" (ie: at some point)?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 12:27:42 pm by the_red_pill »
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: May 17, 2023, 12:31:02 pm »
Did Jurgen say it was planned for next season, or did he just say that it was something that was planned "for the future" (ie: at some point)?

No idea, I saw it mentioned on rawk but I doubt I'll be able to find the post now.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: May 17, 2023, 12:39:30 pm »
Are you sure? The judgment is delivered at the gate. Italian football attendances have fallen and fallen and fallen. Some of this is the tedious football, no doubt. But the endless diving must be a consideration too. It's punishing to watch.

Last night Barella was awful. But not untypical. I wouldn't want anyone that weak and unable to cope with basic gravity near Anfield.

For someone who's got 15k posts hammering Italy and Italian football you don't half watch a lot of it!  ;D

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: May 17, 2023, 12:46:39 pm »
NEW:

Liverpool are the most advanced club to convince Lavia to join their project. - @sachatavolieri via @TheRedmenTV

https://twitter.com/theredmentv/status/1658797007970893824?s=46

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: May 17, 2023, 12:55:29 pm »
For someone who's got 15k posts hammering Italy and Italian football you don't half watch a lot of it!  ;D

Hardly watch any, unless it's European competition. Has it improved?  ;D
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: May 17, 2023, 12:58:19 pm »
NEW:

Liverpool are the most advanced club to convince Lavia to join their project. - @sachatavolieri via @TheRedmenTV

To be honest, I won't be disappointed if we get Lavia instead of Ugarte. Maybe less developed at the moment, but with big potential, and would count as a homegrown from July 1st, something that is always a positive ...

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #492 on: May 17, 2023, 01:00:35 pm »

The average attendance in Serie A (across clubs) is about 29k this season. That stacks up quite favourably with the average attendances about 20 years ago.

The hey day of Serie A in terms of attendances was post Italia90 when the league was in it's pomp and they had redeveloped stadiums as part fo the World Cup.

There may effects of style of play, play acting and quality of football that played a role in the decreasing Serie A attendances between early 90's and mid 00's. But that discounts the reasons around poorer stadia, fan safety, the changes in Seie A clubs (less Bari, Genoa for instance who brought up average attendances) etc.. that will have impacted the decline.

I think with the new stadia (like Juve, Udinese and in the future Milan) and some success in Europe you will see a continually trend in Serie A attendances going up.

I'm not a fan of Serie A personally. Not the current version. Late 80's to early 00's Serie A is the best and most competitive domestic competition I think there has been. I loved watching Serie A in those days on Sgorio and latterly on C4.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: May 17, 2023, 01:04:59 pm »

The stadium and toxic atmosphere is more to blame for the low attendances, add a failing economy and high cost of living but if you feel it’s all down to diving..

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: May 17, 2023, 01:06:17 pm »
Barella looks good but I can't remember the last time an Italian came over to this league and tore it up.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #495 on: May 17, 2023, 01:18:33 pm »

People were winning leagues with David May and Henning Berg at centre back back then. Different times.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: May 17, 2023, 01:20:26 pm »

Think I was about 10 when he retired.

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: May 17, 2023, 01:21:13 pm »
People were winning leagues with David May and Henning Berg at centre back back then. Different times.

It's all relative and besides the point. Andy said he can't remember the last time an Italian player tore it up, unless he's 20 and missed Zola tearing it up

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: May 17, 2023, 01:24:07 pm »
Think I was about 10 when he retired.

Fair enough, but as has been explained. The 'great' Italian players tend to stay in Italy and retire there

Plus, everyone is different. No guarantee Barella can't tear it up in the Premier League and we cant judge all Italian players based on previous flops

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: May 17, 2023, 01:25:06 pm »
The stadium and toxic atmosphere is more to blame for the low attendances, add a failing economy and high cost of living but if you feel it’s all down to diving..

I don't feel it's all down to diving. That's your dreadful interpretation of what I wrote.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: May 17, 2023, 01:25:55 pm »
NEW:

Who is this bloke who sounds like a judge on Strictly Come Dancing and why should he be considered reliable? In brief, why hasn't Samie mentioned him?

Offline TtotheVizzo

• Main Stander
« Reply #501 on: May 17, 2023, 01:48:24 pm »
There's been quite a lot of talk of 'Liverpool want to sign 2, possibly 3, midfielders this window, as well as a few journos saying we're looking at Ugarte but not necessarily as a priority.

I wonder if our order of priority is something like Mac Allister and Mount first choice, with Lavia seen as a young prospect to come in and be understudy to Fab

But if we fail to get one of Mac or Mount, we'd switch our attentions to a slightly more experienced player in Ugarte to challenge Fabinho, with a project no.8 like Gravenberch coming in.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: May 17, 2023, 01:54:43 pm »
Ah the Lavia train, come join me my brethren.  8)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #504 on: May 17, 2023, 01:58:26 pm »
NEW:

The problem with this is he’s not very good yet … so it doesn’t really help us next year
One of those like Gravenberch where if we’re spending 200 million okay but as we’re probably spending a lot less it’s not for me Brian

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: May 17, 2023, 02:00:14 pm »
Szoboszlai should be a target.
Perfect for the RCM role since it is quite attacking. He pressses well & can even play as a winger on the right as well.

61m pounds release clause better player than Mac Allister as well.
We cant let him join Newcastle

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: May 17, 2023, 02:00:27 pm »
NEW:

Hope not,but hey ho.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: May 17, 2023, 02:03:36 pm »
The problem with this is he’s not very good yet … so it doesn’t really help us next year
One of those like Gravenberch where if we’re spending 200 million okay but as we’re probably spending a lot less it’s not for me Brian
Are you Fromolas second account?  I’m off to search your post history for some positivity ;D
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #508 on: May 17, 2023, 02:07:59 pm »
Are you Fromolas second account?  I’m off to search your post history for some positivity ;D

Hah! I’ve been Curtis Jones fan boying recently so there’s that   … it’s our transfers / failure to invest that bring out the doom and gloom in me

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: May 17, 2023, 02:09:35 pm »

Yeah he'd very much be a project. I see the upside, he's obviously talented and can imagine a situation where we build him up over the next couple of seasons to be a starter. Personally think he'd be better off starting week in week out for Southampton in the Championship, or moving to somewhere lower down the PL pecking order.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: May 17, 2023, 02:28:11 pm »

Depends really, if we feel we need three midfielders but won't have the money available for three players close to their peak, getting two and a project player for a much lower fee + wages makes some sense.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: May 17, 2023, 02:33:17 pm »
I know there is the idea/worry, that we just sign say Mount and MacAllister,  and maybe another younger player

But if we were trying to get Tchouaméni last summer, and that was before a season of Fabinho struggles and frailties in midfield, surely a defensive midfielder must on the radar again if not a priority.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: May 17, 2023, 02:48:40 pm »

I'd say Vialli, Ravanelli and Di Matteo were all a success too, but the original point stands, it's such a small percentage of Italian players that leave Italy and do well, not just England.

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: May 17, 2023, 03:01:51 pm »
https://www.goal.com/en/lists/liverpool-mac-allister-caicedo-brighton-midfielder-transform-klopp-transfer/blt1a186ed4b0aefad4

Neill Jones saying Caicedo to cost around 100m.
Incredible price if that happens

Liverpool, of course, have already walked away from one transfer target, Jude Bellingham, due to concerns over the cost, and with Chelsea and Arsenal still very much interested in Caicedo, it feels unlikely that they would be willing to get into a bidding war.

There is a feeling that while Mac Allister, who has two years left on his contract, will certainly not come cheap, the 24-year-old will be the easier of the two to sign. He too shows up well in the data, ranking highly as an all-rounder, and Klopp is believed to have received glowing feedback on the player’s character and training habits from Adam Lallana, Brighton’s former Liverpool midfielder.

Anfield sources dismissed weekend reports that a £70m ($87.5m) deal was already close to being agreed, but it is understood that Mac Allister is keen on a move to Merseyside, with May seen as a key month in determining the World Cup winner’s future.

Of course, Mac Allister is by no means Liverpool’s only summer target. Chelsea’s Mason Mount is also high on the Reds’ wishlist, and talks have taken place with Bayern Munich’s Ryan Gravenberch. Interest in Sporting CP’s Manuel Ugarte has been dismissed by sources, but Matheus Nunes (Wolves), Joao Palhinha (Fulham) and Teun Koopmeiners (Atalanta) are all admired.

Midfielders are also on the agenda at Premier League rivals. Arsenal are targeting West Ham and England star Declan Rice as well as Caicedo, Manchester United would dearly like to upgrade Scott McTominay, Fred or both, while Manchester City will look to sell Kalvin Phillips and could lose Ilkay Gundogan on a free.

Chelsea, naturally, will be in the market, with doubts over the futures of Mount, Conor Gallagher, N’Golo Kante, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Mateo Kovacic, among others, while Newcastle will strengthen again as they prepare to return to European competition. With many of these clubs keen on similar players - Manchester United and Arsenal, for example, like Mount, while Chelsea would love to sign Rice - the summer market will be an intriguing one.

Liverpool’s need is as great as anyone’s of course, and it is expected that the Reds will seek to get their business done as early as possible, the intention being to give Klopp a full pre-season with which to work with his new recruits. Who those new recruits will be, remains to be seen, but don’t be surprised at all if one of them is a Brighton player.

Mac Allister is the one they want, and the one they think they can get. Caicedo, though, is the one this team really needs.

Mac Allister is the one they want, and the one they think they can get. Caicedo, though, is the one this team really needs.

So frustating we get a physically less capable player because of cost
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 03:05:53 pm by MD1990 »

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: May 17, 2023, 03:03:57 pm »
Yeah because that's the only reason to join the biggest most successful club on the planet  ::)

Man City are the biggest club in the World. Only a matter of time before they become the most successful, too ...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: May 17, 2023, 03:08:07 pm »
https://www.goal.com/en/lists/liverpool-mac-allister-caicedo-brighton-midfielder-transform-klopp-transfer/blt1a186ed4b0aefad4

Yeah, because obviously we should be building an American football team ...

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #516 on: May 17, 2023, 03:12:47 pm »

I'm sure we have our reasons for not going in for him. If we were willing to pay top dollar for Bellingham, I think we could do it for Caicedo, but it loks like we really don't want him.(or Ugarte)
Caicedo to Chelsea is gunna be Ngolo Kante all over again.
If Saudi United get him though, it's basically only upwards for them.
Caicedo makes sense for all of us that are not named City- the Saudis, Arsenal, Liverpool, United.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 03:27:00 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: May 17, 2023, 03:19:25 pm »
Yeah, because obviously we should be building an American football team ...
If Mac Allister was linked to Chelsea or someone other side you wouldnt be calling him the next Iniesta.
good player we get him in he helps us.

But Caicedo's ball winning & energy is what this team needs more.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: May 17, 2023, 03:24:07 pm »
If Mac Allister was linked to Chelsea or someone other side you wouldnt be calling him the next Iniesta.
good player we get him in he helps us.

But Caicedo's ball winning & energy is what this team needs more.

Caicedo for £100 million is as stupid as Fernandez for £106 million. If Caicedo is available at the same price as Mac Allister, I might agree with you ...

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #519 on: May 17, 2023, 03:24:45 pm »

You only have to look at how the Milan team got a bollocking off all rhe ultras last week and see how much power the lunatics have got and you can understand how normal people who just want to go and watch the match think " be arsed with that"