Author Topic: Formula One - The 2023 Season  (Read 91364 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Formula One - The 2023 Season
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2023, 11:19:10 am »
I reckon Mercedes just aren’t very fast.

No point in going backwards with their design philosophy, but they’re the only team doing it for a reason.

Looks incredible on the track though!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2023, 12:43:04 pm »
Nice to see all the cars here and everyone doing a very respectable number of laps. Bodes well for reliability.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2023, 12:45:51 pm »
I kind of like the unpredictability of retirements rather than bullet proof reliability
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2023, 12:51:45 pm »
there really isn't all that much actual black paint on that merc at all.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2023, 12:58:02 pm »
I kind of like the unpredictability of retirements rather than bullet proof reliability

Yeah, but no one wants to see the likes of Williams or Haas missing testing due to missing parts or spluttering out of the pitlane after 1 lap either.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2023, 01:49:22 pm »
or anyone

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2023, 02:06:47 pm »
Yeah, but no one wants to see the likes of Williams or Haas missing testing due to missing parts or spluttering out of the pitlane after 1 lap either.

McLaren are happy to step up it seems with more brake problems.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2023, 04:37:01 pm »
Merc sand bagging as always
They certainly weren’t last year, they could just be slow again.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2023, 04:48:19 pm »
They certainly weren’t last year, they could just be slow again.

At least they're not bouncing. Small mercies and that.

VERY interesting time posted by Alonso in the Aston Martin.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2023, 08:07:36 am »
Looking at the pictures from yesterdays practice session, it looks like Merc had a barn door for a rear wing compared to everyone else.

It'll be interesting to see whether they need high rear downforce to control the aerodynamics or whether it's a ploy to sandbag. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2023, 09:25:51 am »
I hope the Merc is at least somewhat competitive with the Red Bulls this year.  Otherwise it’ll be “Friendship ended with Lewis.  Now Charles is my best friend” meme.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2023, 09:33:49 am »
I hope the Merc is at least somewhat competitive with the Red Bulls this year.  Otherwise it’ll be “Friendship ended with Lewis.  Now Charles is my best friend” meme.

Early days but considering their shitness last season was speculated as sandbagging, and they look pretty shit again so far......it doesnt seem promising :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2023, 10:44:12 am »
The Williams seems to have got some pace. I sincerely hope that translates to races and they're not always last. Got a big soft spot for Williams as I am sure many have.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2023, 10:49:39 am »
The Williams seems to have got some pace. I sincerely hope that translates to races and they're not always last. Got a big soft spot for Williams as I am sure many have.
yes I just see Sargeant has set a VERY fast time considering his experience. 66 laps done

yes in recent years its hard not to have a soft spot for Williams

Leaderboard
Sainz, Ferrari, 1m32.486s - 58 laps
Sargeant, Williams, 1m32.666s - 66 laps
Alonso, Aston Martin, 1m32.969s - 56 laps
Zhou, Alfa Romeo, 1m33.170s - 33 laps
Magnussen, Haas, 1m33.442s - 55 laps
Ocon, Alpine, 1m33.490s - 38 laps
Perez, Red Bull, 1m33.751s - 76 laps
Hamilton, Mercedes, 1m33.954s - 61 laps
Norris, McLaren, 1m35.522s - 60 laps
Tsunoda, AlphaTauri, 1m37.687s - 79 laps

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2023, 11:03:08 am »
Early days but considering their shitness last season was speculated as sandbagging, and they look pretty shit again so far......it doesnt seem promising :D

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2023, 11:11:22 am »
bring back paint.

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2023, 11:30:05 am »
Toto on Sky before saying they've got more to show - question is how much & what do Red Bull & Ferrari have?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2023, 11:52:40 am »
The noises from Merc seem a lot more positive compared to this time last year.

I'm still concerned by that big rear wing though. Because their car was bouncing so much last year they needed to increase the ride height, this reduced downforce so they needed to increase that by putting a bigger rear wing on which then made it draggy on the straights.

So do they have similar issues with this car agin? Even with that wing Hamilton was struggling with rear grip this morning.

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2023, 12:42:08 pm »
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2023, 01:42:34 pm »
Just listening to Russell in the press conference has me worried - says the car’s a bit better than last year, but Red Bull’s are still quicker and much stronger.  Effectively saying they’ll hopefully catch up at some point this season (by which time it’ll be too late) doesn’t fill me with confidence of a competitive season ahead  :-X. Not sure I can stomach another season of Max/RB total domination.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 24, 2023, 02:01:27 pm »
Lack of rear end grip for Mercedes and struggling mid corner.  Seems it might be a problem in high temperatures .

Hmmm… as suspected, not great

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online 50 Pence

• Thanks to a slightly better exchange rate, he's a higher value rapper...
  • Kopite
« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2023, 03:09:06 pm »
Think it's already clear this season is going to be a Red Bull Max procession to both titles
I wish I'd be a bit more spontaneous. Sometimes I feel like going out, stealing a traffic cone, putting it on my head and saying, "Look at me, I'm a giant witch."

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2023, 03:16:15 pm »
yes, i was impressed with williams time for Sargeant but it was two compounds lighter than Max and a second slower

plus Max wasted no time going top of the sheets.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2023, 05:52:55 pm »
So Merc struggling for pace, grip and now reliability.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2023, 05:53:58 pm »
So Merc struggling for pace, grip and now reliability.
Hydraulic leak, not sure I’d worry about that too much.

Although they seem to have other issues with loss of front down force, so once again things aren’t going well
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 06:48:43 pm by TepidT2O »
W

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2023, 09:38:11 am »
Merc seem to have had their weetabix this morning

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2023, 11:02:09 am »
Merc seem to have had their weetabix this morning
I haven’t seen any, but they’re 0.4s off Ferrari while using a softer grade of tyre?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2023, 01:24:39 pm »
Interesting

Big news about the future of Alpha Tauri:

The new Red Bull management determined that the results and the marketing value doesn't justify the high costs. So the team either has to move to England or it could be sold.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/alpha-tauri-verkauf-umzug-hitech-andretti/
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2023, 08:49:19 pm »
This is quite interesting…

(Although there’s only so much you can read into it!)

W

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2023, 09:37:48 pm »
Doesn’t look good for McLaren that, though they have been quite clear about where they’re at right now. They also never did any headline runs that I saw, they only ran on C2 and C3 tires.

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #151 on: February 27, 2023, 10:51:53 am »
Thanks for posting Tepid.

Remarkable that Red Bull are pulling out so much more time even after the heights of last season. Merc are certainly in a much better position than they were this time last year. By Saturday the car seemed pretty stable in the corners from what I could see

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #152 on: February 27, 2023, 11:12:45 am »
BREAKING: The #SpanishGP will be changing its track configuration

The final chicane will be removed, leaving the circuit to its original last two corner layout!

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #153 on: February 27, 2023, 11:35:45 am »
BREAKING: The #SpanishGP will be changing its track configuration

The final chicane will be removed, leaving the circuit to its original last two corner layout!
Good, I friggin hate that chicane in the F1 game  ;D

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #154 on: February 27, 2023, 12:20:31 pm »
Good, I friggin hate that chicane in the F1 game  ;D

ditto. it's fucking terrible.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2023, 01:01:26 pm »
Same :D

I hate it, get it wrong so many times and it wrecks your lap.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2023, 05:53:31 pm »
Thanks for posting Tepid.

Remarkable that Red Bull are pulling out so much more time even after the heights of last season. Merc are certainly in a much better position than they were this time last year. By Saturday the car seemed pretty stable in the corners from what I could see
Remember that this is compared to pre season testing last year, not compared to the end of last season. 
W

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2023, 06:30:42 pm »
Talk of teams lobbying to increase entry fee for team andretti

Don't agree with that

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2023, 11:37:54 pm »
There a RAWK league on the official F1 fantasy?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2023, 09:16:30 am »
Apparently redbull can run 10mm lower to the ground than any other team without causing porpoising.

I think this is another redbull domination when the new regs were designed for closer racing.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker