Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Man City v Liverpool - Etihad - Thu 22 Dec 8pm - League Cup Ro16  (Read 21864 times)

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
I think we'd rather give the WC players an appropriate break and lose this than rush them back. No expectations from me tonight really, too many young and fringe players involved, I just hope no one has a nightmare at the back.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Guardiola saying he only has 4 players and names a starting 11 and bench like that, he’s a weird c*nt.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Their midfield is strong but defence isn't.

Where is Trent?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
What’s up with Ramsey? Missed the Milan game as far as I know and not on the bench here.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Guardiola saying he only has 4 players and names a starting 11 and bench like that, he’s a weird c*nt.

He's just so fuckin dislikeable.
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
What’s up with Ramsey? Missed the Milan game as far as I know and not on the bench here.

He's on the bench here

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Look again.  :D

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan

He's on the bench

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Must be his evil twin on the bench then.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Will be a weird game and a bit of a freebie for the likes of Bajcetic and Carvalho to make an impression. I suspect City have the edge since their first choice midfield and Haaland are available and a very strong bench, but there's little riding in this. For all the talk of City missing so many players it looks like we're actually weaker.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
He's just so fuckin dislikeable.

Just so weird. He’s always like that about line ups. Gotta be one of the most dislikable managers.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Be gutted if we lose this.

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
Not sure why Trent needs a rest, he barely featured at the WC.

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
Wankers

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Oh come on now, he only has £300+mill worth of players on his subs bench, how’s he meant to make do with that?

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sad that people get something out of leaking the team early

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
It's almost 2023 and Scott Carson is still going. Amazing.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
Not sure why Trent needs a rest, he barely featured at the WC.
Probably going to start all three league games in quick succession. Where as the others, outside of Salah, likely get rotated. Maybe

Online MBL?

• Legacy Fan
Carragher clearly has covid or something.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Will be a weird game and a bit of a freebie for the likes of Bajcetic and Carvalho to make an impression. I suspect City have the edge since their first choice midfield and Haaland are available and a very strong bench, but there's little riding in this. For all the talk of City missing so many players it looks like we're actually weaker.

Because we have tons of injuries
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
Yeah we're massively weaker to be fair. Hopefully we can find a way but seems like a big ask for our midfield and defence.

Carragher clearly has covid or something.

Yeah, couldn't stop coughing and the sweat was dripping from him.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Liverpool: Kelleher, Milner, Gomez, Matip, Robertson, Bajcetic, Thiago, Elliott, Carvalho, Salah, Nunez.

Subs: Adrian, Fabinho, Keita, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Tsimikas, Ramsay, Phillips, Doak.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
James Pearce said there’s been a sickness going through the squad this week, which may explain why Trent isn’t in the squad at all.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Unleash the Darwin! Caused Akanji all sorts of problems in only about twenty minutes of the league game.

Doak could be a massive wildcard for us here.
AHA!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
knowing our luck some players picked up something at the WC, or maybe soon after getting back to wet/freezing/mild/cold/damp blighty after being in 30C+ heat for a few weeks.

Always us though, innit? Never anybody else.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Their defence isnt the strongest so hopefully we can get at them
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 07:16:52 pm by twootuurtlediivvaas »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
I have seen the team sheets and will now be treating this as a pre season friendly livener for the league…

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
Klopp saying the bobby injury isn't a big one but big enough for this period...

By period I assume he means Xmas/new year

Fucking great

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Wasn't feeling it much before but seeing Klopp getting interviewed pre-match has got me all excited about football again.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Hang on, the bald prick hasn’t even picked their backup left back, who’s been nowhere near the World Cup :lmao
AHA!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks for the OP Duvva mate, as always.

What a game for the Reds to emerge from the WC break to. This is fairly big, some will say it doesn't matter if we lose but everyone will have a fucking special chrimbo if we knock those twats out of a cup.

Come on Redmen, we know you'll do it the hard way.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Their 11 is weaker too anyway.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Footy's back!

I have a feeling that Mo Salah will go a bit wild tonight.

Come on Redmen!
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Footy's back!

I have a feeling that Mo Salah will go a bit wild tonight.

Come on Redmen!

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
Geez...  :o

Mo has deteriorated a bit over the break  :(

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Interesting sides selected there. Their midfield has three quality players whereas bar Thiago we're down to two young lads, one of whom is very inexperienced and then there's Elliot who is definitely not in his strongest position there. That's a bit scary but other than that I think it's relatively strong, Salah and Nunez in attack with a solid back five with quality/experience. Would be feeling a bit better if we had a few more back who I'd have expected to play, like Trent, Fabinho, Bobby etc but there's probably reasons why they're missing.

Everyone will need a big performance here, if Salah and Nunez can turn up I'd give us every chance
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Such a knobhead. They’ll finish the game even stronger too when Palmer gets subbed for Foden. We’ll be hanging on a bit towards the end I reckon.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
He's on the bench

Would've liked him starting today, we might need Milly in the midfield later in the game but that just flogs him a bit early.

Otherwise, pretty much as strong as we would go for a game at this stage of the comp.

Not bothered about their lineup, its stronger simply because player like De Bruyne went home early.

COMON U REDMEN!!!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
If he told me his name was Josep, I wouldn't believe him. Serial backtracker. Shame as I really used to like him at Barcelona.