Author Topic: Pay Awards  (Read 2751 times)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Pay Awards
« on: November 3, 2022, 10:51:42 am »
Not sure if there is a topic already on this but couldn't see one

Unions have agreed a pay award for Local Government staff, a flat rate of £1925 for all staff, £2229 for lower paid staff in London and it is backdated to April

It equates to 10.5% to the lowest paid and 4% to the highest

https://www.lgcplus.com/politics/workforce/unions-agree-national-employers-pay-offer-02-11-2022/
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pay Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 3, 2022, 11:11:35 am »
We'll get 1% in the NICS with ministers telling us there are no funds, yet they'll still claim expenses for getting their 2nd home redecorated and their dog's hair cut.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: November 3, 2022, 11:36:16 am »
Not sure if there is a topic already on this but couldn't see one

Unions have agreed a pay award for Local Government staff, a flat rate of £1925 for all staff, £2229 for lower paid staff in London and it is backdated to April

It equates to 10.5% to the lowest paid and 4% to the highest

https://www.lgcplus.com/politics/workforce/unions-agree-national-employers-pay-offer-02-11-2022/
I think the flat rate is a good idea.  For as long as I can remember the pay awards were always a percentage which meant the gap between the lowest and highest paid just got wider.  Where I worked they gradually removed the lowest pay grades as 1% rises weren't keeping up with the minimum wage (the lowest pay grade now is a grade 5).

The statement (not yours - I see it's in the linked article) that it equates to 4% for the highest paid is evidently wrong.  For £1,925 to equate to a 4% rise would mean the highest paid employees in local government earn just under £50k/year.  Local government pay has slipped but in the council I used to work at the Chief Exec was paid around £150k/year and the departmental directors around £100k/year.

It's the most generous pay award for a very long time but should still be noted that it's inflation tracking for the lowest paid but another real-terms pay cut for the majority of staff on the back of over a decade of real-terms pay cuts.

The article doesn't say if the pay award is funded by central government so probably safe to assume it's not.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2022, 11:39:42 am by thaddeus »

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #3 on: November 3, 2022, 12:35:16 pm »
I think the flat rate is a good idea.  For as long as I can remember the pay awards were always a percentage which meant the gap between the lowest and highest paid just got wider.  Where I worked they gradually removed the lowest pay grades as 1% rises weren't keeping up with the minimum wage (the lowest pay grade now is a grade 5).

The statement (not yours - I see it's in the linked article) that it equates to 4% for the highest paid is evidently wrong.  For £1,925 to equate to a 4% rise would mean the highest paid employees in local government earn just under £50k/year.  Local government pay has slipped but in the council I used to work at the Chief Exec was paid around £150k/year and the departmental directors around £100k/year.

It's the most generous pay award for a very long time but should still be noted that it's inflation tracking for the lowest paid but another real-terms pay cut for the majority of staff on the back of over a decade of real-terms pay cuts.

The article doesn't say if the pay award is funded by central government so probably safe to assume it's not.
yes I think the 4% applies to those on the NJC scale which maxes out around £47k, point 46. Some LAs go up and this also excludes Chief Officers I believe

Offline Rawkybalboa

• "I wouldn't have a clue..."
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • somebody puts his hand on u, send him2the grave
« Reply #4 on: November 3, 2022, 01:25:02 pm »
I presume this doesnt apply to Civil Service. We got the PCS Union who are pushing for 10% and will be lucky to get 1%. They balloting for a strike.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 3, 2022, 01:32:07 pm »
yes I think the 4% applies to those on the NJC scale which maxes out around £47k, point 46. Some LAs go up and this also excludes Chief Officers I believe
That makes sense, thanks.  I've just looked at the statement from the council where I used to work and all employees are seemingly receiving the rise but it does seem the 4% only applied to the NJC scales.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 3, 2022, 02:09:11 pm »
I presume this doesnt apply to Civil Service. We got the PCS Union who are pushing for 10% and will be lucky to get 1%. They balloting for a strike.

We got 3% in my department a few months back. (Obviously 3% means a lot more at some levels than others...)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #7 on: November 3, 2022, 02:46:31 pm »
yes this one is just for staff who work for local councils, police admin staff etc.

Civil Servants are part of a different set of negotiations

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #8 on: November 3, 2022, 02:48:09 pm »
We had a 10 year pay freeze and now talk of a further cap for 2 years.  :no
Anything less than 7% means we been getting pay cuts every year. With the way inflation etc is going. We screwed. If they offer redundancy I bite their arm off.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #9 on: November 3, 2022, 02:52:04 pm »
We had a 10 year pay freeze and now talk of a further cap for 2 years.  :no
Anything less than 7% means we been getting pay cuts every year. With the way inflation etc is going. We screwed. If they offer redundancy I bite their arm off.
no doubt there are Civil Servants and local government workers who think it's a good idea to vote Tory.  I've said it before but anyone who is in any form of public service role would have to be an absolute mug to vote for them but they do in bucket loads. It really is bizarre

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #10 on: November 3, 2022, 02:54:23 pm »
Agree 100%. Theres mugs here who vote tory for some stupid reason every time even though they take the biscuit.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #11 on: November 3, 2022, 08:16:40 pm »

My Mrs has been offered 3% and they are balloting soon I think.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2022, 01:52:34 pm »
We've just agreed 5.5% (backpaid from April) plus £1000 one off cost of living payment. Private sector employment

All negotiated through our unions collective bargaining agreement. Our first offer was 1.3%. We got to the last stage of Failure to Agree before we got that offer.

Our pay request is linked to RPI inflation which currently stands at 14.1%. That will be the opening pay request going into 2023

Join a union. Vote in passionate union representatives and be patient.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2022, 02:14:00 pm »
no doubt there are Civil Servants and local government workers who think it's a good idea to vote Tory.  I've said it before but anyone who is in any form of public service role would have to be an absolute mug to vote for them but they do in bucket loads. It really is bizarre

Yep, then they go on TV and cry about it.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2022, 02:29:08 pm »
I work in Local Government so the NJC pay award applies to me.

1.75% last year and the £1925 flat rate this year. Massive paycut in real terms. Unions did a ballot in September/October but for the lowest grades of staff it represented a reasonable pay award, and for everyone else by the time October came they were sitting on too much backpay that people needed so members overall voted narrowly to accept.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2022, 06:49:11 pm »
Another flat rate increase for those earning below £50k

BT - £1500

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-63785421.amp

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 6, 2023, 11:47:21 am »
Just received our final offer.

Pay "increase" of £552 gross.

Hopefully we start setting fire to things pretty soon.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #17 on: January 7, 2023, 12:38:53 am »
Just received our final offer.

Pay "increase" of £552 gross.

Hopefully we start setting fire to things pretty soon.
Civil Service?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 7, 2023, 09:04:13 am »
Civil Service?

Yeah mate, NICS. A few months ago we were told what the offer would have been had there been a sitting executive. It was about 3 times more than this shit. They're as corrupt here as they are in GB

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #19 on: January 7, 2023, 12:09:12 pm »
Sorry to hear that Barney…that’s shit.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 7, 2023, 01:06:34 pm »
It's grim alright but not unexpected. There's loads in a worse off position than me. I've a rainy day fund (thanks to Paddy Power and SkyBet the last couple of years  :D) and work all the overtime possible. A lot of people I know have fuck all to bail them out and can't work any extra hours.

Striking is inevitable, but hopefully it's sustained rather than just 1 or 2 days spread over 2 or 3 months. We get no subsidy at all for strike days, so losing a few days pay will be huge for some, and I've no doubt management will pull the overtime in the months we are out to further put the pressure on people to scab.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #21 on: January 9, 2023, 01:46:48 am »
Civil service here we got PCS union. Different departments are on strike. No news yet of any talks. Reckon nobody gives a monkeys about Ministry of Justice (courts etc). Nurses etc will probably get a half decent deal. MOJ will be left for staff to quit so they dont have to pay redundancies.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2023, 12:33:17 pm »
Civil service here we got PCS union. Different departments are on strike. No news yet of any talks. Reckon nobody gives a monkeys about Ministry of Justice (courts etc). Nurses etc will probably get a half decent deal. MOJ will be left for staff to quit so they dont have to pay redundancies.

They would if Prison Officers went on strike.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2023, 12:41:11 pm »
My union (unison) agreed to take 5% (Scottish local government) and an extra day of annual leave. The expectation is that inflation will fall but still a real terms pay cut for a sector that’s had minimal increases since austerity was introduced. A cash lump sum just before Christmas was eagerly accepted by the majority.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2023, 03:23:42 pm »
NASUWT vote 88.5% in favour of strike action.. but fail to hit 50% turnout ….
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2023, 03:34:25 pm »
So. Why did so few (42%) of NASUWT teachers vote?

would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2023, 05:10:02 pm »
I reckon they get people to sign up an infiltrate the union. People sign up before a ballot and dont vote. Reckon we had same with HMCTS only 46% voted and of them 89% said strike.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2023, 11:23:31 pm »
I must admit I found that a bit worrying. I'm certain 50% of the other 58% (I think 42% voted?) are fully in favour of industrial action but either due to laziness, forgetfulness or apathy they failed to vote.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2023, 07:49:08 am »
They have made their final pay offer at ours, 4% for 22-23 (backdated to 1st April), and then 4.4% for 23-24, and a one off £500 payment for the lowest paid.

The union members ballot on accepting the offer closed yesterday so should find out soon.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2023, 11:39:27 am »
They have made their final pay offer at ours, 4% for 22-23 (backdated to 1st April), and then 4.4% for 23-24, and a one off £500 payment for the lowest paid.

The union members ballot on accepting the offer closed yesterday so should find out soon.
Better than some, worse than others… but still way way below inflation
W

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2023, 01:08:45 pm »
Better than some, worse than others… but still way way below inflation

Yeah, I can’t see us getting anything much better to be honest and in all honesty it’s getting to the point that it’s been so long since the last pay rise (April 2020) people are struggling now and will take whatever they can get rather then months of more negotiating.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2023, 01:21:17 pm »
Yeah, I can’t see us getting anything much better to be honest and in all honesty it’s getting to the point that it’s been so long since the last pay rise (April 2020) people are struggling now and will take whatever they can get rather then months of more negotiating.
Depressing …. really is
W

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2023, 01:21:20 pm »

Isn't that what those in power want?  Drag it out for as long as possible that people get desperate and will take an offer that is well below that what the company can afford?  Lets be honest, this doesn't affect those at the top making the decisions.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2023, 01:59:14 pm »
Isn't that what those in power want?  Drag it out for as long as possible that people get desperate and will take an offer that is well below that what the company can afford?  Lets be honest, this doesn't affect those at the top making the decisions.

Of course its what they want, they do always back date the deals but that doesn’t help people in immediate financial trouble and making ends meet.
Thinking is overrated.