Author Topic: Those chants  (Read 186488 times)

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
Re: Those chants
« Reply #680 on: February 12, 2023, 10:30:10 pm »
:lmao His hair.
:lmao

The Matterhorn of widows’ peaks.

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #681 on: February 13, 2023, 07:51:46 am »
It can only be a good thing that it’s making headlines where before we knew it was happening but it kind of got swept under the carpet, hopefully it will embarrass fans enough into not doing it, it’s really not a good look. However it only takes a single idiot to start a fire. Fans really need to be able to control themselves and not sing it back as soon as they hear one moron doing it.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #682 on: February 13, 2023, 09:03:35 am »
It does leave a slightly bitter taste when it needs to involve Man Utd for it to finally hit national attention, after decades of putting up with it. But you know what, as long as they are finally calling out this type of shit I'll take it.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #683 on: February 13, 2023, 09:51:01 am »
Let's wait and see if they call out "the sun was right, you're murderers" chant the mancs will inevitably sing when they come to Anfield before we start patting them on the back.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: February 13, 2023, 10:07:19 am »
Let's wait and see if they call out "the sun was right, you're murderers" chant the mancs will inevitably sing when they come to Anfield before we start patting them on the back.
That will be ignored again. Or it’ll be our fault for goading them with the depraved chant of….erm….fergie’s right your fans are shite. How could we sink so low as to gently tease them about something their manager said years ago about their support?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 10:09:01 am by Red_Mist »

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: February 13, 2023, 11:06:48 am »

Sadly Simon Stone at the BBC and Jamie Jackson at the Guardian will be too busy chanting it to write any outraged articles.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #686 on: February 13, 2023, 11:38:48 am »
I know. Ironic. His dad is called Terry McDermott too. He's always been a Utd fan though.

This is young Terry McDermott.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vWjFtct4O5s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vWjFtct4O5s</a>
Think the original Terry is looking in a better state even in his 70s :o

Also what he's said about loyalty is hilarious given what you said about him switching teams!
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #687 on: February 13, 2023, 01:05:20 pm »
As you'd expect, there's some stupendous 'whataboutery' under this tweet from Merseyside Police this morning ...

MerPol Liverpool FC
@MerPolLFC
·
1h
Just to be 100% clear. Any chants in relation to 'murderers' or 'always the victim' are football tragedy related and totally unacceptable. Behind them are people who have suffered unimaginable pain. Were possible, positive police and stewarding action will be taken. 
@LFCHelp

https://twitter.com/MerPolLFC/status/1625099449981714432

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #688 on: February 13, 2023, 01:18:35 pm »
This could be the watershed moment. I anxious to see how the club responds to this.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: February 13, 2023, 01:19:16 pm »
I read the first dozen or so, I'd be surprised if the average IQ was over 80. God social media is horrible, and it gives these morons a voice.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: February 13, 2023, 01:26:04 pm »
Sadly Simon Stone at the BBC and Jamie Jackson at the Guardian will be too busy chanting it to write any outraged articles.

Those said journo's will probably make something up about Liverpool fans chanting about Munich or making airplane gestures first.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #691 on: February 13, 2023, 01:27:08 pm »
Think the original Terry is looking in a better state even in his 70s :o

Also what he's said about loyalty is hilarious given what you said about him switching teams!

I know. He really is an idiot.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: February 13, 2023, 01:28:28 pm »
I read the first dozen or so, I'd be surprised if the average IQ was over 80. God social media is horrible, and it gives these morons a voice.

It has got worse lately under a number of contentious subjects, not least anything to do with LFC  ::)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: February 13, 2023, 01:34:15 pm »
It has got worse lately under a number of contentious subjects, not least anything to do with LFC  ::)
Lets just hope MP are true to their word and we finally see action taken.

For far too long we, as a club, have been happy to let Manc mouthpieces run with the "its on both sides" line without any challenge. We even see supposedly Liverpool friendly journo's and pundits come out with similar stuff.

I truly despise how soft the club has appeared to be with all this. Time for action now.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: February 13, 2023, 01:38:04 pm »

I truly despise how soft the club has appeared to be with all this. Time for action now.

Absolutely. As 24/7 said, watershed moment time.

Online damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: February 13, 2023, 01:48:06 pm »

Is it me or do the most inflammatory comments now always get to the top? I could swear it has become more apparent post Elon Musk's buyout.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: February 13, 2023, 01:59:27 pm »
I don't know really. I use Twitter a bit for work stuff and don't really engage in it much beyond that. I just question the mentality of someone that turns anything into an excuse to spout their bile.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #697 on: February 13, 2023, 02:21:50 pm »
Certainly not by that journalist.

Guardian leading with stories about “tragedy chanting” without a single mention of what we have to put up with. Rotten corrupt Manc c*nts.

I used to follow their boards and they used to ban people for just calling out the lack of reporting on Hillsborough chants.

Manc c*nts indeed. I used to give them money then wondered why I'd waste my time on a publication that wanks itself silly about all the things they 'stand up to' when the clearly fucking don't. Fuck them.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: February 13, 2023, 03:00:05 pm »
Absolutely. As 24/7 said, watershed moment time.
I'm awaiting a reply from Billy Hogan after sending him a bit of a rant this morning. It's been read but I'm not exactly watching the clock for a reply......let's see.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #699 on: February 13, 2023, 03:04:10 pm »
I'm awaiting a reply from Billy Hogan after sending him a bit of a rant this morning. It's been read but I'm not exactly watching the clock for a reply......let's see.

Nice one mate keep us posted please
Believer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: February 13, 2023, 03:10:45 pm »
Nice one. The daft thing is that these chants contravene their own ground regs.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #701 on: February 13, 2023, 06:01:53 pm »
MerPol Liverpool FC
@MerPolLFC
·
6h
Just to be 100% clear. Any chants in relation to 'murderers' or 'always the victim' are football tragedy related and totally unacceptable. Behind them are people who have suffered unimaginable pain. Were possible, positive police and stewarding action will be taken.  @LFCHelp
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #702 on: February 13, 2023, 06:21:24 pm »
I used to follow their boards and they used to ban people for just calling out the lack of reporting on Hillsborough chants.

Manc c*nts indeed. I used to give them money then wondered why I'd waste my time on a publication that wanks itself silly about all the things they 'stand up to' when the clearly fucking don't. Fuck them.

The Guardian and the BBC are ridiculously Manc biased and this is the supposed fair minded media. Obviously location factored in given the origins of the Guardian and half of BBC in Salford these days along with the Sports desk. Then you've got Granada based in Manchester for the ITV regional news as well as Salford for BBC.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #703 on: February 13, 2023, 06:27:37 pm »
MerPol Liverpool FC
@MerPolLFC
·
6h
Just to be 100% clear. Any chants in relation to 'murderers' or 'always the victim' are football tragedy related and totally unacceptable. Behind them are people who have suffered unimaginable pain. Were possible, positive police and stewarding action will be taken.  @LFCHelp
That's the away end empty by halftime then.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: February 13, 2023, 06:33:07 pm »
That's the away end empty by halftime then.

I bet they're fuming abar that tweet from the bizzies yanno.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #705 on: February 13, 2023, 06:50:03 pm »
Interesting that there are two stories by journalists today on the chanting issue. Oliver Holt and Daniel Storey have both done articles condemning those that use tragedies to mock other fans. Hopefully this will be the start of some real pressure on stopping this revolting behaviour.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: February 13, 2023, 06:59:00 pm »
That will be ignored again. Or it’ll be our fault for goading them with the depraved chant of….erm….fergie’s right your fans are shite. How could we sink so low as to gently tease them about something their manager said years ago about their support?

I think it would be smart to ditch the Fergie’s right chant, it’s shit anyway and we know it ALWAYS gets that as a response, just stop singing it

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: February 13, 2023, 07:11:10 pm »
I think it would be smart to ditch the Fergie’s right chant, it’s shit anyway and we know it ALWAYS gets that as a response, just stop singing it

It isn't and it's not.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #708 on: February 13, 2023, 07:18:03 pm »

I think we should sing we love you United and put a crisp £20 note on each seat in the away end.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: February 13, 2023, 07:32:31 pm »
I think we should sing we love you United and put a crisp £20 note on each seat in the away end.

Greet them with a pint and a pie and send them home with a fish supper.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: February 13, 2023, 07:55:50 pm »
Nah. I think we should be allowed to sing a light hearted piss take without having to be subjected to something so sickening in response. If we’d spent years singing about Munich in response to a light-hearted song like say the Gerrard slip song, we’d rightly have been pulled up, long ago. They somehow get away with it, but it just needs to stop. There needs to be consequences if they don’t.

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: February 13, 2023, 08:13:31 pm »
If you all think it’s a good idea to carry on with it, knowing it will 100% result in them singing that in return, then I think that’s disappointing, we’ve got plenty of better songs than that. I just think we should be doing everything we can to stop it happening, and I think that would help. A lot.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: February 13, 2023, 08:16:55 pm »
If you all think it’s a good idea to carry on with it, knowing it will 100% result in them singing that in return, then I think that’s disappointing, we’ve got plenty of better songs than that. I just think we should be doing everything we can to stop it happening, and I think that would help. A lot.
Well, the flip side of that is that they have a choice NOT to respond with THAT.......it disappoints me more that we've reached a point now where the only chance we have of stopping them is to legislate. Yes, we have better songs - there's no guarantee whatsoever that whenever we sing Song A, they react with Tragedy Chant B, they have a choice not to.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: February 13, 2023, 08:37:53 pm »

We do not do anything to cause it.

Apart from scoring goals like that  ;D

Offline Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #714 on: February 13, 2023, 10:12:33 pm »
When you’re directelly involved, every recitation hurts. The ‘Fergie’s right’ chant prompts it and it’s a shit chant anyway, it needs binning.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: February 13, 2023, 10:17:11 pm »
When you’re directelly involved, every recitation hurts.
A point made clearly to the club, who should take all necessary steps to eradicate that hurt. 🙏

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #716 on: February 13, 2023, 10:18:27 pm »
When you’re directelly involved, every recitation hurts. The ‘Fergie’s right’ chant prompts it and it’s a shit chant anyway, it needs binning.

What's City's excuse?

United fans relish being vile.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: February 13, 2023, 10:26:35 pm »
I understand what you’re saying mate, but they’ll just find another one. Do we stop singing Liv-er-pool as well because they come back with ‘murderers’? Or is the onus squarely on them to just stop? As I say though I do get your point and of course understand and sympathise with the first part of what you say there.

Offline Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #718 on: February 13, 2023, 11:05:53 pm »
I understand what you’re saying mate, but they’ll just find another one. Do we stop singing Liv-er-pool as well because they come back with ‘murderers’? Or is the onus squarely on them to just stop? As I say though I do get your point and of course understand and sympathise with the first part of what you say there.
Of course they will. But the Fergie song is shit and increases the frequency of it. If it was a worthwhile song I’d agree with you.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: February 14, 2023, 08:23:42 am »
Of course they will. But the Fergie song is shit and increases the frequency of it. If it was a worthwhile song I’d agree with you.
Hopefully things are about to change for the better if there’s finally going to be consequences for these sick chants. There’s a principle we should be allowed to sing our own non-offensive songs. Their response is not the Kop’s responsibility. It can’t be. They have to realise that being hit with a pea shooter doesn’t justify launching a nuclear weapon. Last night you’d have to ask the Kop not to sing ‘you haven’t won a trophy’ because of the sick chant they come back with. It only ends with THEM stopping. As long as we’re not crossing the line ourselves we can’t be expected to stop and think, what if they sing x, y or z. If we sang nothing all match they’d sing it anyway.