Author Topic: Arthur Melo  (Read 120755 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Arthur Melo
« Reply #720 on: October 8, 2022, 10:52:47 am »
If that was the logic, then everyone involved in the decision should be fired immediately :)

If a glut of people on a forum could see that someone who hadn't played since May and didn't have a pre-season, and is fairly injury prone, wasn't going to be able to immediately come into a team like ours then I'm going to take a slight stab in the dark that one of the biggest and best clubs in the world sports science/physio/coaching/management teams might have clocked the same thing. As with anything, you can write 'he was bought in just to cover Hendersons injury' as many times as you like. It doesn't suddenly make it true.

Have you actually forget that this recruitment team brought in Ben Davies. Its what happens when you don't have enough funds.

Right lads we need a player who is going to come in and do a job for us. We compete at the very apex of European Football. Here is a couple of million see what you can do.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2022, 10:56:10 am by Al 666 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: October 8, 2022, 12:01:45 pm »
Have you actually forget that this recruitment team brought in Ben Davies. Its what happens when you don't have enough funds.

Right lads we need a player who is going to come in and do a job for us. We compete at the very apex of European Football. Here is a couple of million see what you can do.

You could argue its this transfer team that may have set the bar for being a footballer too high for itself.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #722 on: October 8, 2022, 12:10:06 pm »

They also brought in Matip and Robbo for peanuts, so it can be done.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #723 on: October 8, 2022, 12:11:33 pm »

Cannot wait til the fella plays a few games

This pseudo FSG thread has posts about anything but Melo Red

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #724 on: October 8, 2022, 12:58:49 pm »
They did indeed, but the whiners on here have a blind spot for anything good that's happened, and only focus on the negatives. It doesn't support their narrative to highlight the numerous successes and our unrivaled hit rate in the transfer market, and from our analysts, transfer team and Jurgen over the last 6 years.

It's also funny that whilst we were buying Virgil, Salah, Mane, Alisson, Fabinho and many others, they weren't complaining so much. Fair weather supporters are the worst.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: October 8, 2022, 01:16:51 pm »
They did indeed, but the whiners on here have a blind spot for anything good that's happened, and only focus on the negatives. It doesn't support their narrative to highlight the numerous successes and our unrivaled hit rate in the transfer market, and from our analysts, transfer team and Jurgen over the last 6 years.

It's also funny that whilst we were buying Virgil, Salah, Mane, Alisson, Fabinho and many others, they weren't complaining so much. Fair weather supporters are the worst.

you’ve just contradicted yourself badly, no one has a problem with FSG when they’re investing, if you can’t see that the midfield has been run into the absolute ground because we’ve coasted in the market then I’d have to question what kind of fan YOU are

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #726 on: October 8, 2022, 01:18:04 pm »

What are you even on about? Is not whining calling last summer window and the January before than an incompetent mess, it’s stating the obvious.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: October 8, 2022, 01:44:26 pm »
you’ve just contradicted yourself badly, no one has a problem with FSG when they’re investing, if you can’t see that the midfield has been run into the absolute ground because we’ve coasted in the market then I’d have to question what kind of fan YOU are
That the exact definition of a fair weather fan - only happy when things are going well, or we're spending loads, or when all the transfers go really well.

We could've bought a midfielder this summer but bought a striker instead. We could've bought a midfielder last season but bought a defender instead. We could've bought a young midfielder in 2020 but bought an injury prone 29 year-old, a back up LB, and another striker instead. We tried to buy a midfielder this summer but he went to Real Madrid.

Who exactly has run the midfield into the ground again? Do you think if we'd had Ox/Keita available for most of the last 4 years that we'd be in this position, or we would've extended Milners contract?

None of us knows what happens behind the scenes, but it doesn't stop posters like you using hyperbolic phrases like 'run into the absolute ground' or 'coasted in the market'. It's all just made up to try and prove a point, when we all know in reality there's an army of well paid analysts, scouts and negotiators at the club, who deserve more credit than the petty insults they get from people on here when things don't work out.
What are you even on about? Is not whining calling last summer window and the January before than an incompetent mess, it’s stating the obvious.
'Incompetent mess' is just one of an endless list of exaggerated opinions and conjecture that surface when things don't go our way. The kind of clickbait we see on Talkshite from ex players and goons looking for attention, or on Twitter from angry keyboard warriors.

The amount of people that think a £multi-billion club of our standing and our resources has well-paid professional teams that are so 'incompetent' or 'negligent' never ceases to amaze me. As if they are somehow doing it on purpose despite knowing the issues we have and the challenges we face.

Unless you can provide me a list of the players we scouted, the deals we pursued, the negotiations we tendered, or the contracts we offered, then it's yet against just more hot air just because the season hasn't started well.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: October 8, 2022, 01:48:19 pm »
I usually want a player to do well for us to silence the media and rival fans. But its reached the point where I'd love to see the likes of Melo and Nunez do well to shut our own whining fans up.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: October 8, 2022, 01:51:12 pm »

Would we sign those players now? I mean, the numbers would have been good but i get the feeling that those sorts of players dont get signed by us these days. Would throw in Wijnaldum as well.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #730 on: October 8, 2022, 01:56:48 pm »

Matip and Robbo were both properly scouted planned purchases.  They were brought in early, given a pre season and were brought to add depth and compete for a place.

That is completely different to gambling on certain positions and then making panic purchases in the dying embers of a transfer window.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: October 8, 2022, 01:58:26 pm »
That the exact definition of a fair weather fan - only happy when things are going well, or we're spending loads, or when all the transfers go really well.

We could've bought a midfielder this summer but bought a striker instead. We could've bought a midfielder last season but bought a defender instead. We could've bought a young midfielder in 2020 but bought an injury prone 29 year-old, a back up LB, and another striker instead. We tried to buy a midfielder this summer but he went to Real Madrid.

Who exactly has run the midfield into the ground again? Do you think if we'd had Ox/Keita available for most of the last 4 years that we'd be in this position, or we would've extended Milners contract?

None of us knows what happens behind the scenes, but it doesn't stop posters like you using hyperbolic phrases like 'run into the absolute ground' or 'coasted in the market'. It's all just made up to try and prove a point, when we all know in reality there's an army of well paid analysts, scouts and negotiators at the club, who deserve more credit than the petty insults they get from people on here when things don't work out.'Incompetent mess' is just one of an endless list of exaggerated opinions and conjecture that surface when things don't go our way. The kind of clickbait we see on Talkshite from ex players and goons looking for attention, or on Twitter from angry keyboard warriors.

The amount of people that think a £multi-billion club of our standing and our resources has well-paid professional teams that are so 'incompetent' or 'negligent' never ceases to amaze me. As if they are somehow doing it on purpose despite knowing the issues we have and the challenges we face.

Unless you can provide me a list of the players we scouted, the deals we pursued, the negotiations we tendered, or the contracts we offered, then it's yet against just more hot air just because the season hasn't started well.

As shankly said, they’re here to sign the cheques nothing more, you can make pathetic excuses for their lack of investment in recent years, the clubs revenues have grown massively over the same period but it’s difficult to see when you’re head is buried up someone’s backside

Offline oldman

• Kopite
« Reply #732 on: October 8, 2022, 02:11:21 pm »
I usually want a player to do well for us to silence the media and rival fans. But its reached the point where I'd love to see the likes of Melo and Nunez do well to shut our own whining fans up.

well said

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: October 8, 2022, 02:14:41 pm »

dunno about that.  Melo could spend the next 6 months playing every minute of every game, making Thiago look like Maguire, and ppl would still bitch like idiots as soon as he made a mistake.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: October 8, 2022, 02:33:57 pm »
dunno about that.  Melo could spend the next 6 months playing every minute of every game, making Thiago look like Maguire, and ppl would still bitch like idiots as soon as he made a mistake.

let’s look at 3 scenarios

A) He plays all our remaining games and makes Thiago look like Maguire
B) he keeps on getting injured and we send him back in January
C) he gets fit for a few games and then gets injured and repeats this pattern for the rest of the season

which of the above is most likely?
would the most likely scenario lead you to think it was the best decision the club could have made knowing the blindingly obvious problem we had to solve?

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #735 on: October 8, 2022, 03:07:49 pm »

None of us knows what happens behind the scenes, but it doesn't stop posters like you using hyperbolic phrases like 'run into the absolute ground' or 'coasted in the market'. It's all just made up to try and prove a point, when we all know in reality there's an army of well paid analysts, scouts and negotiators at the club, who deserve more credit than the petty insults they get from people on here when things don't work out.'Incompetent mess' is just one of an endless list of exaggerated opinions and conjecture that surface when things don't go our way. The kind of clickbait we see on Talkshite from ex players and goons looking for attention, or on Twitter from angry keyboard warriors.

That really is quite funny but utterly sad. You seem to blaming the recruitment team and Klopp for actually bringing in players.

The best bit is the absolute nonsense about Klopp having the choice of bringing in a midfield player or a centre back.

You are complaining about bringing in Konate you know to give us the basics of 4 centre backs.

You are also complaining about Jota saying it was our choice to bring in Jota instead of a midfield player. Are you for real mate.

What did you want for us to do stick with Mane, Bobby and Salah until the end of time. Then you say it was our choice to bring in Tsimikas, completely ignoring the fact that we had little cover for Robbo who was playing a stupid number of minutes.

Then you moan about buying Thiago who is world class and one of the first names on the team sheet.

You must have hated the Rangers game seeing Tsimikas, Thiago and Jota all starting. Those players and Konate aren't unecessary extravagant whims. They are part of the here and now and the likes of Jota and Konate will be a huge part of our future.

Melo is highly unlikely to be either.

We have highly experienced recruitment team who simply aren't being allowed to do their jobs.

The club is being run like you would run an ageing car. The engine was due a rebuild but it has been postponed because we had to fix the brakes. Then it got postponed again because the gearbox broke.

Three years ago Arsenal were in a similar predicament. They had an ageing team and a huge wage bill. Their answer was to have a net spend of 400m. They stopped patching things up spent money and have a young hungry team with an average age of 25. We have spent 90m Net and are continuing to look for short term fixes like Davies and Melo.

The greatest irony is that Juve spent most of the January window trying to palm Melo off on Arsenal.

Over the last 3 seasons our net spend has been the 15th in England and the 25th in Europe. Sheffield United have had a bigger net spend than us. That would be fine is we had a young vibrant team but we haven't we have an ageing midfield and borrowing a Melo sized plaster from Juve simply isn't going to fix things.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2022, 04:02:05 pm by Al 666 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #736 on: October 8, 2022, 03:41:05 pm »
Accrington Stanley have a net spend £138.25 million higher than Real Madrid over the last three years. Underachieving twats, should have at least got them a trophy or two with that sort of money
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: October 8, 2022, 03:53:48 pm »
Accrington Stanley have a net spend £138.25 million higher than Real Madrid over the last three years. Underachieving twats, should have at least got them a trophy or two with that sort of money

nice to see you have a firm grasp on reality as usual, surprised you don’t accuse someone of being a Klopp hater in the process

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: October 8, 2022, 04:19:15 pm »
nice to see you have a firm grasp on reality as usual, surprised you don’t accuse someone of being a Klopp hater in the process

Just talking facts, don’t get nasty :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #739 on: October 8, 2022, 04:33:34 pm »

Hear.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #740 on: October 8, 2022, 04:34:06 pm »
That really is quite funny but utterly sad. You seem to blaming the recruitment team and Klopp for actually bringing in players.

The best bit is the absolute nonsense about Klopp having the choice of bringing in a midfield player or a centre back.

You are complaining about bringing in Konate you know to give us the basics of 4 centre backs.

You are also complaining about Jota saying it was our choice to bring in Jota instead of a midfield player. Are you for real mate.

What did you want for us to do stick with Mane, Bobby and Salah until the end of time. Then you say it was our choice to bring in Tsimikas, completely ignoring the fact that we had little cover for Robbo who was playing a stupid number of minutes.

Then you moan about buying Thiago who is world class and one of the first names on the team sheet.

You must have hated the Rangers game seeing Tsimikas, Thiago and Jota all starting. Those players and Konate aren't unecessary extravagant whims. They are part of the here and now and the likes of Jota and Konate will be a huge part of our future.

Melo is highly unlikely to be either.

We have highly experienced recruitment team who simply aren't being allowed to do their jobs.

The club is being run like you would run an ageing car. The engine was due a rebuild but it has been postponed because we had to fix the brakes. Then it got postponed again because the gearbox broke.

Three years ago Arsenal were in a similar predicament. They had an ageing team and a huge wage bill. Their answer was to have a net spend of 400m. They stopped patching things up spent money and have a young hungry team with an average age of 25. We have spent 90m Net and are continuing to look for short term fixes like Davies and Melo.

The greatest irony is that Juve spent most of the January window trying to palm Melo off on Arsenal.

Over the last 3 seasons our net spend has been the 15th in England and the 25th in Europe. Sheffield United have had a bigger net spend than us. That would be fine is we had a young vibrant team but we haven't we have an ageing midfield and borrowing a Melo sized plaster from Juve simply isn't going to fix things.

@keyop

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #741 on: October 8, 2022, 04:38:31 pm »
Just talking facts, don’t get nasty :)

Just very selective facts. You conveniently started your comparison the season after Madrid had a 350m euro rebuild of their squad.

Surprisingly enough Accrington Stanley never did that.

So what you are advocating is spend huge sums on a rebuild of the squad. You know the opposite of the buy cheap buy twice way we brought in the likes of Melo and Davies.

Bring in young players of exceptional quality and reap the rewards. The problem is we only leak our interest in the likes of Tchouameni and Camavinga.

I wonder why Madrid were not interested in Melo in the summer.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Historical Fool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #742 on: October 8, 2022, 04:41:17 pm »
Just very selective facts. You conveniently started your comparison the season after Madrid had a 350m euro rebuild of their squad.

Surprisingly enough Accrington Stanley never did that.

So what you are advocating is spend huge sums on a rebuild of the squad. You know the opposite of the buy cheap buy twice way we brought in the likes of Melo and Davies.

Bring in young players of exceptional quality and reap the rewards. The problem is we only leak our interest in the likes of Tchouameni and Camavinga.

I wonder why Madrid were not interested in Melo in the summer.

Who was the last ex United or Everton player that LFC was interested in?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #743 on: October 8, 2022, 04:45:16 pm »
Just very selective facts

Annoying isn’t it :)

Offline Historical Fool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #744 on: October 8, 2022, 04:47:49 pm »

As shankly said, they’re here to sign the cheques nothing more, you can make pathetic excuses for their lack of investment in recent years, the clubs revenues have grown massively over the same period but it’s difficult to see when you’re head is buried up someone’s backside

Real toxic attitude. Shankly’s quote has been bastardised and used so much over the years for this shit agenda against what have been very solid, sensible, and well intentioned directors and employees of this institution.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: October 8, 2022, 05:09:14 pm »
Real toxic attitude. Shankly’s quote has been bastardised and used so much over the years for this shit agenda against what have been very solid, sensible, and well intentioned directors and employees of this institution.

well intentioned like when they wanted to fuck the entire league over and join the super league? or when they asked Klopp to choose between spending on the squad of using the transfer budget to pay for the new training ground?

They are very smart business people who don’t give a fuck about the club, that’s not a slur it’s just a statement of fact, i don’t have an emotional tie to them in the same way they don’t have a tie to us, to them we are a source of revenue and to me they are ones who run the club and determine how competitive we are as a club, i find it fucking odd that any supporter would see them with a halo in the way you appear to do, it’s just a business for them

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: October 8, 2022, 05:58:15 pm »
Thanks to HF for highlighting another of Al's narrative-shifting posts (which thanks to the ignore function I don't usually have to tolerate), and in which he once again repackages what someone else has said and somehow twists it 180 degrees into incoherent nonsense. But I can't be arsed arguing with someone who simply isn't grounded in reality, and who seems more interested in arguing with other fans than supporting the club, and who has spent 10 years peddling the most tiresome and repetitive narrative on this entire site.

The selective arguments, twisting of facts and posting the same diatribe in every single thread is bad enough, but the constant negativity, whining, and entitlement when things aren't going our way is equally as bad. This is a guy that came into the Minamino thread after he'd just scored a last minute winner for us, to shit all over him and post endless rants about lack of spending or ambition. Someone who (ironically) jumped in the 'Supporting our team through this injury crisis' thread last year to pick another argument. The biggest mood hoover and troll on this site by a country mile.

I know rival fans that are far more respectful of our players and owners, and wish that their clubs were run just like ours. It's just a tragic way to follow a football club - and to repeatedly spoil what are otherwise really enjoyable threads, until he turns up with his soapbox and megaphone, and starts picking fights and shouting at the sky.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #747 on: October 8, 2022, 06:38:09 pm »
Matip and Robbo were both properly scouted planned purchases.  They were brought in early, given a pre season and were brought to add depth and compete for a place.

That is completely different to gambling on certain positions and then making panic purchases in the dying embers of a transfer window.

When panic sets in at the end of the window normal logic and planning goes out the window.

The club prides itself in doing business early for this reason but we utterly fucked it for the 2nd time in 3 seasons.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: October 8, 2022, 06:41:33 pm »
Thanks to HF for highlighting another of Al's narrative-shifting posts (which thanks to the ignore function I don't usually have to tolerate), and in which he once again repackages what someone else has said and somehow twists it 180 degrees into incoherent nonsense. But I can't be arsed arguing with someone who simply isn't grounded in reality, and who seems more interested in arguing with other fans than supporting the club, and who has spent 10 years peddling the most tiresome and repetitive narrative on this entire site.

The selective arguments, twisting of facts and posting the same diatribe in every single thread is bad enough, but the constant negativity, whining, and entitlement when things aren't going our way is equally as bad. This is a guy that came into the Minamino thread after he'd just scored a last minute winner for us, to shit all over him and post endless rants about lack of spending or ambition. Someone who (ironically) jumped in the 'Supporting our team through this injury crisis' thread last year to pick another argument. The biggest mood hoover and troll on this site by a country mile.

I know rival fans that are far more respectful of our players and owners, and wish that their clubs were run just like ours. It's just a tragic way to follow a football club - and to repeatedly spoil what are otherwise really enjoyable threads, until he turns up with his soapbox and megaphone, and starts picking fights and shouting at the sky.

Good post

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #749 on: October 8, 2022, 07:19:06 pm »
This’ll cheer everyone up

Devastating news for Arthur Melo. The Brazil midfielder needs surgery and is likely to be sidelined for three to four months.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: October 8, 2022, 07:19:25 pm »
Out for 3-4 months

That’s him done then

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #751 on: October 8, 2022, 07:19:43 pm »

Devastating news for Arthur Melo. The Brazil midfielder needs surgery and is likely to be sidelined for three to four months.

I mean you could laugh but what's the point?

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #752 on: October 8, 2022, 07:21:40 pm »
Can HF please stop quoting posters to just make others have to see it again? Don’t understand how that is acceptable behavior.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: October 8, 2022, 07:22:34 pm »
Good god.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #754 on: October 8, 2022, 07:24:15 pm »

Oh no,I'm shocked beyond belief.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #755 on: October 8, 2022, 07:25:20 pm »
:lmao

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #756 on: October 8, 2022, 07:25:20 pm »
Is this just from a training incident?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: October 8, 2022, 07:25:39 pm »
Great, sending him back to Juventus with a free surgery on top

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: October 8, 2022, 07:25:40 pm »
A few million quid for a cameo against Napoli then. Similar with the Davies and Kabak stuff. Buy cheap buy twice.

These approaches have been a waste of money, and hugely damaging for our results and revenues. The club needs to stop with pursuing perfection or nothing which is leaving us in these messes.

Hope he recovers well, seems by all accounts he has a great attitude and was doing his best to get fit. Very unfortunate for him personally.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #759 on: October 8, 2022, 07:26:05 pm »

You talk about narrative twisting. You are the one who continually trying to shift the debate away from our lack of spending on midfield players. How many times have you tried to blame Klopp for signing the likes of Konate, Thiago and Jota. Players who were desperately required and who have proved their worth.

Then we have the narrative twisting of Ox and Naby. Look the simple truth is that not all signings work out. It is a sad thing in life but things break and you have to replace them.

Twisting the narrative is trying to deflect from a last minute panic loan of Melo by stating that we signed Ox in 2017 and Naby in 2018. A couple of unfortunate failures in largely stellar run of signings under Klopp.

The truth is as many people have stated that we failed to invest after the CL and have had a ridiculously small net spend over the last 4 seasons.

As a result of the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and United having a Net spend of 4 or 5 times ours. We are now in a situation in which we are up against it to even qualify for the CL.

That isn't twisting the narrative that is the cold hard truth. Funds are being diverted away from the transfer budget and we are forced to take ridiculous gambles season season out.

With the latest being
Melo.
"Ohhh-kayyy"