Sheer Magnetism
13 (31.7%)
Hazell
8 (19.5%)
Drinks Sangria
12 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: June 16, 2022, 01:55:57 pm

Author Topic: Football Circle Draft- Fixtures 5 & 6  (Read 879 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Football Circle Draft- Fixtures 5 & 6
« on: June 15, 2022, 01:55:57 pm »
Samie

V

Sheer Magnetism

Hazell

V

Drinks Sangria

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Football Circle Draft- Fixtures 5 & 6
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 02:54:57 pm »
Samie in the first one. Surprised Samie jumped off the Milan train so early, was still plenty of meat on that steak. Orlando an obvious weak link, but Silooy and...Lerby (?) speak for themselves. That one'll go down in Dutch drafting folklore next to Sjaak Troost.

Hazell in the second one. Still not a huge fan of such cheapery, but at least he popped out slightly to get Lewandowski. And then Matip linking back to Neuer was very nice. I dunno if its the 3 CBs or two out and out strikers, but something about DS team is just....weirdly unappealing, considering they're all great names. Plus still a bit bitter that he took my Walter Samuel link.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 03:04:45 pm »
Always hatin' on my guy Shark.  :'(

As for jumping off the Milan train I could've stayed on then I'd be accused more so of picking who and what I always pick. ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 03:16:21 pm »
Really like Sangria's line up.   Only quibble would be Iniesta in a two man midfield, but that's helped by the three at the back, especially with two quick, physical players in Ramos and Thuram covering the gaps left by the flying fullbacks.

The Modric misspelling is killing me though.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 03:18:32 pm »
Who said he picked Modric? :P

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 03:50:05 pm »
Samie in the first one. Surprised Samie jumped off the Milan train so early, was still plenty of meat on that steak. Orlando an obvious weak link, but Silooy and...Lerby (?) speak for themselves. That one'll go down in Dutch drafting folklore next to Sjaak Troost.
Lerby was a mainstay in the European Cup-winning PSV team, the double-winning Bayern team in the 80s and the Dutch dynamite team. Silooy was first choice right back at Ajax for a decade and started three European finals for them, winning two. These aren't chumps.

As far as the team as a whole goes, there are better sides in the draft but few who are used to playing in a similar system without actually being in the same team. They'd slot into that total football model like pieces in a puzzle, 10 are European Cup winners and the 11th is Dennis Bergkamp. And come on, who can argue against that front four?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2022, 04:34:15 pm »
Lerby was a mainstay in the European Cup-winning PSV team, the double-winning Bayern team in the 80s and the Dutch dynamite team. Silooy was first choice right back at Ajax for a decade and started three European finals for them, winning two. These aren't chumps.

As far as the team as a whole goes, there are better sides in the draft but few who are used to playing in a similar system without actually being in the same team. They'd slot into that total football model like pieces in a puzzle, 10 are European Cup winners and the 11th is Dennis Bergkamp. And come on, who can argue against that front four?

Jan Wouters, Robert Witschge sort of vibes, never going to look great up against all time greats like Rijkaard and Del Piero.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2022, 06:16:55 pm »
The two weakest teams in this play each other in game one.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2022, 06:18:48 pm »
Sheer is collateral damage, you just want to insult moi grandad.   :wanker

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2022, 06:19:58 pm »
Hazell in the second one. Still not a huge fan of such cheapery

BS alert, DS one of the best teams in this.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2022, 06:21:01 pm »
Sheer is collateral damage, you just want to insult moi grandad.   :wanker

Voted for you ya moron.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2022, 06:22:50 pm »
 ;D

Appreciate it. Spread the propaganda though. We must vanquish Sheer.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2022, 06:24:34 pm »
;D

Appreciate it. Spread the propaganda though. We must vanquish Sheer.

Oh your team is shite too.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2022, 06:32:14 pm »
Not easy calls these.

Though as much of respect as I have for Samie's abilities, I don't really understand selecting Weah as #9 when Del Piero is his strike partner. Both would need a proper goalscorer beside them to function properly. It feels like the idea is to try and pass the ball into the back of the net or something :D
Linudden.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2022, 06:34:23 pm »
I am an artist and a lover of the beautiful game.   8)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2022, 06:37:12 pm »
I am an artist and a lover of the beautiful game.   8)

Fair play lad 8)
Linudden.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2022, 07:29:47 pm »
Without wanting to bite the hand that feeds, it wasn’t me that misspelled Modric.

I went with Samie’s over Sheer’s, which for me had a weaker defence and an unpleasant balance up top.

My team stacks up against Hazell’s but it’s very close. I think Hazell’s paying the price for probably one of the two most unimaginative sides in the draft, as nice a side as it is.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2022, 07:40:40 pm »
My team stacks up against Hazell’s but it’s very close. I think Hazell’s paying the price for probably one of the two most unimaginative sides in the draft, as nice a side as it is.

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2022, 11:19:51 pm »
The two weakest teams in this play each other in game one.
Hey, I really like Sangria's team! Hazell's is pretty good on paper too, it just suffers from the 9 out of 11 in a single team thing.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2022, 11:21:26 pm »
Not sure who to vote for in game 1. Something feels oddly lacklustre in Samie's team. Maybe I've just seen him pick these players too many times now! But I think maybe it's a formation thing. 442 diamond doesn't feel like a great fit for the personnel. A 433 might have worked better with Prosinecki pushed further forward, and Gullit in front of Jugovic at CM and Rijkaard at DM. Orlando sticks out too, of course. But then Sheer has his own problems there with some lesser known players in his ranks. Can't fault Sheer's attack though and maybe that's what is swinging this for me. Will decide later.

Game 2 is a close one. Similar to Lobo, something feels a bit off with DS's set up. I recall his plan getting knocked majorly off course towards the end, so I imagine this wasn't the intended set up. As I said before, Iniesta and Zidane are very difficult to see in the same side as they occupy very similar pockets of space, even if their play styles were very different. I'm not sure putting Iniesta at CM solves that when you already have the ultimate midfield playmaker in Modric there. The side seems to miss a more physical presence at CM. Having said that, there's an argument that the 3 man backline of destroyer type players makes up for the lack of those in the middle. Normally you'd want to see one ball playing CB in a sweeper role for this formation to work, but this is something different and it's not uninteresting. I could see an argument for that defence nullifying Hazell's attack. Conversely who wouldn't want to see VVD vs Ronaldo. It's a close one and I'm far from 100% here, but Hazell just about gets the nod from me. Peak Salah (with a lovely fat contract  :-X), Lewa & Mane would be terrifying IMO and considering only one of DS' CBs has experience playing in a back three, I think they could be got at and left in positional no man's land with the interplay between those three + Thiago's passing (with no DM to restrict the space and block him out).
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2022, 12:01:07 am »
If I had shunted Del Piero out to the left even thought he' can play there I'd have beaten myself up.  ;D

I guess I could've gone 4-3-3.  ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2022, 08:18:15 am »
Sheer’s front 4 is awesome. Would be great to see them in action. I’m maybe being a bit old school but I think his defence could be got at. That said I think he has too much for Samie, as decent and nicely constructed as his team is.

Hazell’s team is obviously very good. 9 current Reds with a world class keeper and striker added. DS has built a really nice side too though. Three solid but footballing centre backs, two great wingbacks. A centre midfield that could be exposed but who would dominate the ball for the majority of most games and a very tough to stop front three. Think just for the variety and the skill full drafting have to go with his side.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2022, 06:16:43 pm »
Well done DS, fine team you have there :wave

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2022, 06:18:24 pm »
Well done DS, fine team you have there :wave

You're in the Quarters as well as the "Lucky Loser".  ;D

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2022, 06:20:04 pm »

Yes! In your face all those who were slagging my team off.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2022, 06:26:03 pm »

If you can’t be good, be lucky.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2022, 06:30:33 pm »
I'm glad you feel that way Nicholas as he plays you in the Quarters.  ;D

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2022, 06:31:50 pm »

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2022, 06:31:54 pm »

I’ve seen off one lazily assembled side of Liverpool misfits, I can do the same again.