Author Topic: The Needle Drop (Anthony Fantano)  (Read 406 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The Needle Drop (Anthony Fantano)
« on: June 8, 2022, 10:25:07 pm »
What are peoples thoughts on him? I personally think he is the most prominent music critic around these days and whilst I don’t agree with a lot of his reviews I can appreciate his points and how he feels about certain records. He is also doing well with getting artists on his platform for an interview. I’d upload some on here but the YouTube issue with safari will just make the post a bit of a mess if viewed on your phone. Give him a watch on YouTube or on his website.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Re: The Needle Drop (Anthony Fantano)
« Reply #1 on: June 9, 2022, 04:20:31 pm »
I find music reviews in general pretty boring. Unlike the equivalent form for movies, television or games they never really add to my excitement for what they're describing. This is especially the case with Fantano as he goes pretty in depth and really breaks things down. I find it quite dry.

That being said, a ton of internet famous people are absolute cretins and he seems like a genuine guy. Fair play to him for making such a success out of it.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 9, 2022, 04:47:07 pm »
I like listening to him and can appreciate his knowledge. Don't agree with some of his scores but musical taste is so subjective so that never really bothers me
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #3 on: June 9, 2022, 06:36:58 pm »
I try to catch most of his reviews and really enjoy them for the most part, and there's a fair few artists I like that I wouldn't have got into if it weren't for him. His review of the latest Kendrick album was pretty rushed and a little harsh though, I thought.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 9, 2022, 07:12:37 pm »
I have been subscribed to his channel for well over a decade now, which is mad. I am much the same as Snail, there are quite a few artists who I have discovered through his reviews. I went to see Death Grips in Brooklyn and that is probably the best gig I have ever been to, and my first exposure of them was through his "Exmilitary" review.