Author Topic: A time to reflect honestly or nothing to worry about ?  (Read 58160 times)

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
Re: A time to reflect honestly or nothing to worry about ?
« Reply #760 on: February 6, 2023, 01:29:00 am »
Patience from me even though we are fucking shit just now.

From 2006 to Jurgen coming in in late 2015, we'd won 1 League Cup, had two genuine goes at the League and been an FA Cup runner-up. That's 8 and a bit seasons.

He's been here for about 7 seasons (6 full ones, two halves) and Champions after 30 years, Champions League winners (+2 RU), FA Cup winners, League Cup winners (+RU) and UEFA Cup RU, (+other lesser pots) and in the league we've hit points tallies (inc. RU x2 on the last day) that only Manchester City have matched or slightly bettered in the whole history of the top flight. (Not Manchester United, Arsenal's invincibles or Chelsea...any of them, ever.)

Yeah we're shit right now, but we'll sort it. Just got to take what we can get from now to the end of the season, which I doubt will be much this time out.

1 League Cup in 8 and a bit seasons, remember, before this guy rocked up.

« Last Edit: February 6, 2023, 01:33:21 am by Barrow Shaun »
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
Re: Fuck the crying, whining whingers thread
« Reply #761 on: February 6, 2023, 06:25:40 am »
Maybe it’s my age and the amount of shit I’ve seen in my lifetime.

This current situation is nothing compared to what I’ve witnessed since the 90’s.

You’ve got to stand back and look at the net position sometimes compared to when Jurgen first joined us.

It’s truly stunning how far we’ve come on and off the field.

And so much more to come. Being loyal and doing my job as a supporter is so easy now. We’ve got the best manager in the world and he needs our backing and support right now. I’ve seen enough false dawns. Jurgen Klopp is our living legend and we should never forget that. Love the man.

Remembering the 80s and then watching Unites slowly creep their way to the same amount of Leagues as us and then passing us was painful. There was few moments for 30 years where it felt great again. Jurgen has brought us back to those places and heights again. This season is nothing compared to those wilderness years. We need a little patience now, but the wait will never be as long again. It was great to hear YNWA being sung at the end of the game yesterday.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: February 6, 2023, 08:25:40 am »
With the Sky stuff im worried now. This season cant end sooner and i think there is a possibility Klopp may be gone by the end of it. We have to at least try to stop the rot in terms of big losses.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #763 on: February 6, 2023, 08:26:34 am »
Patience from me even though we are fucking shit just now.

From 2006 to Jurgen coming in in late 2015, we'd won 1 League Cup, had two genuine goes at the League and been an FA Cup runner-up. That's 8 and a bit seasons.

He's been here for about 7 seasons (6 full ones, two halves) and Champions after 30 years, Champions League winners (+2 RU), FA Cup winners, League Cup winners (+RU) and UEFA Cup RU, (+other lesser pots) and in the league we've hit points tallies (inc. RU x2 on the last day) that only Manchester City have matched or slightly bettered in the whole history of the top flight. (Not Manchester United, Arsenal's invincibles or Chelsea...any of them, ever.)

Yeah we're shit right now, but we'll sort it. Just got to take what we can get from now to the end of the season, which I doubt will be much this time out.

1 League Cup in 8 and a bit seasons, remember, before this guy rocked up.
Excellent post.

Also, we're Liverpool.

Not Chelsea. Or any other organisation/club/fanbase with symptoms of premature evacuation.
So we don't sack everything off after a few bad results.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #764 on: February 6, 2023, 11:58:57 am »
With the Sky stuff im worried now. This season cant end sooner and i think there is a possibility Klopp may be gone by the end of it. We have to at least try to stop the rot in terms of big losses.
Klopp isn’t a quitter. I don’t see him walking and they won’t sack him
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #765 on: February 6, 2023, 12:12:16 pm »
It feels like the end of an era at the moment, but there's another one to be created.

We've got some young players coming through and they need their senior counterparts to help them integrate into the first team. Some more quality is needed throughout the team, but there's only one man who I'd trust to rebuild us and he's the man in charge currently.

I'm still a believer.

Offline RedBeast

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #766 on: February 6, 2023, 01:58:29 pm »
My own personal theory... I think there are a couple of factors.

• Klopp has never been in a club that has had the ability to hold on to its best players for any significant period of time. His Dortmund team sold their best players on an annual basis. So, he doesn't have experience transitioning great teams willingly
  • Klopp is a loyal person. His relationship with players is a key to his success. His players run through walls for him because they believe that he will do the same for them. This makes it hard for Klopp to move on from older players. The same happened to Shankly after his first period of success. Ferguson was very good at it because he was an egotistical bastard.

This is a learning period for Klopp. To be honest, I've moved on now. I accept that we are not great but i'm looking forward to the rejuvination of the squad. I think the summer signings will show us whether FSG are coming to the party or not.