Author Topic: Kids in the Hall  (Read 308 times)

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Kids in the Hall
« on: May 20, 2022, 09:16:57 am »

I was surprised to see this sketch show that i watched as student in the 90s has been revived by Amazon Prime. I was even more surprised to find that it is actually funny.

The original cast , all now around 60, have returned: reshooting the original credits almost frame for frame and featuring the cool original theme by Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet. It has something of air about it of the Python reunion and they make self-deprecating jokes about selling out to the devil (Amazon). It also reminds me somewhat of the 4th wall breaking League of Gentlemen movie. I thought i`d watch an episode last night to see if it was any good and ended up watching 4. I`ll definitely watch the rest.

Spoiler
If the sight of naked sixty-something men jiggling turns you off you may want to be ready with the remote. Pretty brave from the actors though.
[close]

Review from The Vulture: https://www.vulture.com/article/kids-in-the-hall-amazon-comedy-review.html
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Re: Kids in the Hall
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 10:50:38 am »
Used to love this. Used to watch with my lil brother and we’d laugh our heads off. Girl Drink Drunk stands out and the one were the guy gets a Dog to teach it tricks but he thinks it won’t learn and gives it an ultimatum by setting an alarm clock up. Funny and daft as fuck.

I honestly think Chandler Bing was a big fan of/ influenced by the skinny lad with the curly fro as as well as Jim Carrey as his comedy is like watching them at times

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Re: Kids in the Hall
« Reply #2 on: June 7, 2022, 11:17:26 am »
I remember watching this when I lived in the States in the early 90's.  Might have to revisit.  Can remember thinking it was funny but i couldn't tell why.