Author Topic: UEFA's explanation for Final ticket allocation  (Read 1012 times)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
UEFA's explanation for Final ticket allocation
« on: May 11, 2022, 03:18:35 pm »
UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin has explained to the manager of a team in the Champions League final why there are a limited number of tickets available for supporters.

Real Madrid and Liverpool have been allocated 20,000 tickets each, even though the Stade de France in Paris, which is hosting the final on May 28, has a capacity of over 80,000.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has publicly criticised UEFA for their ticket pricing and the allocation of the tickets last week.

“I explained the same thing (why there are fewer tickets for supporters) to one of the coaches from one of the two teams a couple of days ago. I explained it to him and went through everything,” revealed Ceferin.

“First of all, UEFA, from the revenues from the final, gets 6.5 per cent and 93.5 per cent goes to the clubs. From the other matches, 100 per cent of the revenue goes to the clubs.

“Fans of both teams gets 20,000 tickets each. If sponsors that pay €100 million or more for sponsorships, of which 93.5 per cent goes to the same clubs, get some tickets because of a contractual obligation that we have.

“UEFA does not get more tickets than the others. Some tickets go to the market, some go to the fans and some go to the partners. It is not UEFA. I am not giving tickets for free or selling them to my friends.

“The system works and clubs could not function differently. For us, not much would change if the tickets were €10, but a lot would change for the clubs.”

https://theathletic.com/news/ceferin-explained-champions-league-ticket-allocations-to-final-manager/ZGtTfwoZ7v2U/

Fuck off, you shameless asshole
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: UEFA's explanation for Final ticket allocation
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 03:20:29 pm »
load of bollocks

in Madrid, i met a couple that lived in Switzerland and happened to know someone that worked in UEFA - and were given tickets as a result. not even a sponsor or employee or anything. and they were gleefully telling people this.

he could've even pretended that he wanted to find a 'solution' to the problem. perhaps future contractual obligations for final tickets are tailored down? perhaps instead of a general UEFA ballot it requires fans at the start of the season to enter whilst confirming their team (or ideally, sack off the general ballot altogether)? perhaps the 'travel agencies' that seem to be getting bulks of tickets can be investigated? perhaps Pepsi are stopped from farming email addresses for ticket competitions?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 03:22:31 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 03:45:05 pm »
I understand that some tickets will go to sponsors etc.

Uefa has 7 sponsors, how many tickets do they need each? Even if it is 1,000 then it is only 7,000. Where do the rest of the tickets go?

Also they should scrap the Uefa ballot and sell them directly to the clubs which would give an extra 6,000 tickets to both clubs.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 04:02:49 pm »
“The system works and clubs could not function differently. For us, not much would change if the tickets were €10, but a lot would change for the clubs.”

https://theathletic.com/news/ceferin-explained-champions-league-ticket-allocations-to-final-manager/ZGtTfwoZ7v2U/
Interesting he said this. It's an overstretch and I wish we could do something to force him into putting his UEFA touts money their mouth is.

It's a shame we're at a point where we don't have good leverage over FSG, in terms of shaming them into doing things better (post ESL breakaway announcement would have been ideal timing). Sadly it's a final where both ownerships are in favour of the closed shop, guaranteed revenue streams option so he will probably get away with saying it.

Would be amazing if we had an ownership who took on this threat/promise through conversation and media and said 'yeah ok, go on then - do that please and reduce the ticket prices". Will obviously never happen, but can dream (as we watch the CL fall from grace over the coming years and lose the best features of it).

More realistically the club could heed Klopp's words, and feedback from supporters, and read the room about the cost of living crisis and say actually we'll subsidise all the four ticket tiers and cut them down to something like £20/40/60/80 - if they did that for the 20,000 allocated tickets it'd probably cost them a week of Mo's wages, but imagine what a difference it would make to us 20,000 supporters?

Alas, like UEFA but not quite as terrible and overt, our owners first objective is to squeeze everything they can from supporters to supplement the hundreds of millions they receive from media companies, sponsors and UEFA

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2022, 06:23:03 pm »

Klopp talks about so few tickets being available for the fans. Ceferin responds by talking about the money.

Ceferin basically trying to paint the picture that UEFA couldn't function if it gave more tickets to fans of the clubs involved to go to the Final.

The same Ceferin that said of the ESL...

"An arrogant and contemptuous plan devised by a handful of billionaires who cannot embrace the concept that, on the football pitch, as in life, you might lose to someone smaller than yourself." - https://v.redd.it/xcdr7nt62uy81

... and then makes similar changes to their own Champions League competition to satisfy a handful of billionaires.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 08:03:20 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 07:04:05 pm »
Also they should scrap the Uefa ballot and sell them directly to the clubs which would give an extra 6,000 tickets to both clubs.

They shouldn't. It's the only way for "normal" people who aren't supporting one of the clubs (or who don't qualify for the club's tickets) to have a chance to watch the CL final. Surely, the biggest event in world football (maybe except the WC final) should be accessible for normal people. What they should do, is not using the biggest allocation (=23.000 tickets in this case) for Uefa and sponsors. That's the horrible part about all this. I also like how the Uefa guy whines about only making 6.5 percent from sponsors, some of whom are paying more than 100 million, for doing next to fuck all.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2022, 07:33:03 pm »
They shouldn't. It's the only way for "normal" people who aren't supporting one of the clubs (or who don't qualify for the club's tickets) to have a chance to watch the CL final. Surely, the biggest event in world football (maybe except the WC final) should be accessible for normal people. What they should do, is not using the biggest allocation (=23.000 tickets in this case) for Uefa and sponsors. That's the horrible part about all this. I also like how the Uefa guy whines about only making 6.5 percent from sponsors, some of whom are paying more than 100 million, for doing next to fuck all.

No, the biggest event in European club football should mainly be accessible to the supporters of the clubs involved who follow the teams home and away, not neutrals and hangers on and the rest can watch on the telly. Last 4 fianls we've been in, thousands of our supporters did all the home games and didn't get a ticket.

Also a load of tickets from the ballot end up being sold to Touts. For Istanbul, my mate was able to source tickets for us from a fella he knew in Amsterdam, the mark up was small. 2007, he wanted a grand a ticket and we told him to fuck off, he'll have still sold them though.
Jurgen YNWA