Author Topic: -8 of Internationals draft - Sign up and discussion  (Read 16098 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: -8 of Internationals draft - Sign up and discussion
« Reply #240 on: April 7, 2022, 07:05:12 pm »
Was it Kewell who ripped him apart in that FA Cup semi? If it wasn’t him it was Riise. You’d better hope it was Kewell.

Chelsea were always trying to upgrade Portuguese right backs but he stuck around the longest.

All you have to do is show ginger onto his right and he's fucked.  :P

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #241 on: April 7, 2022, 07:08:24 pm »
Ferreira a good Right Back from the ever decreasing pot at this stage.

I’ve finally picked a striker. Needed someone who could lead the line and be mobile at the same time, so Cavani has got the nod. I thought about holding my nerve longer but there was only three Striker options that were really suitable and people are going to need to start drafting them soon.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: April 7, 2022, 07:10:13 pm »
I feel like Cavani's a more respected player now than he used to be a few years ago, not sure why that is. Maybe him rinsing the Mancs has something to do with it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: April 7, 2022, 07:16:37 pm »
I feel like Cavani's a more respected player now than he used to be a few years ago, not sure why that is. Maybe him rinsing the Mancs has something to do with it.
Possibly because he spent some of his best years scoring obscene amounts for PSG. Had an incredible record at Napoli though and over 100 Caps and 50 Goals for Uruguay. He was certainly a top 5 striker of the 10s I’d say. 112 Serie A Goals in 214 appearances. Copa America winner too.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2022, 07:19:00 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #244 on: April 7, 2022, 07:22:30 pm »
Possibly because he spent some of his best years scoring obscene amounts for PSG. Had an incredible record at Napoli though and over 100 Caps and 50 Goals for Uruguay. He was certainly a top 5 striker of the 10s I’d say. 112 Serie A Goals in 214 appearances. Copa America winner too.

Think his goal scoring feats somewhat overshadow how much work he puts in off the ball. A lot of people now see how PSG have a bunch of supremely talented players who are too lazy to put a shift in and they start to see the value in a player like Cavani.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: April 7, 2022, 07:24:14 pm »

Oh I agree, I think he's great (in hindsight, I probably should have picked him) but he used to get criticised loads for being crap because he missed a few easy chances in big games. It might also partly be because even from a few years ago, strikers are now more thought about because of their all round game than just goals.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #246 on: April 7, 2022, 07:24:39 pm »
Ferreira a good Right Back from the ever decreasing pot at this stage.

I’ve finally picked a striker. Needed someone who could lead the line and be mobile at the same time, so Cavani has got the nod. I thought about holding my nerve longer but there was only three Striker options that were really suitable and people are going to need to start drafting them soon.
As an Uruguayan, I definitely agree. Even here he was very underrated for a time, mostly because everyone compared him to Suarez, and he just wasn't as good or had as much pedigree in big leagues and competitions as him. But mostly because he was used as a Kuyt-like workhorse on the sides in the NT for a long time, so he wasn't played to his strengths. After Suarez's lengthy suspension after the 2014 WC, he got to play in the middle and his recognition grew a ton, even equalling Suarez. So yes, great pick I would say.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2022, 07:26:16 pm by Lastrador »

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #247 on: April 7, 2022, 07:27:27 pm »
Cavani was very similar to Torres in his prime. Not quite Suárez level but an absolutely fabulous #9 especially at Napoli. Then PSG abused his skillset but he still scored a ton.
Linudden.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #248 on: April 7, 2022, 07:32:35 pm »
Cavani was very similar to Torres in his prime. Not quite Suárez level but an absolutely fabulous #9 especially at Napoli. Then PSG abused his skillset but he still scored a ton.
I would say Torres was more technically refined and skilful, while Cavani had the superior work rate and tactical application. But other than that, pretty similar yes, especially in terms of physicality.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #249 on: April 7, 2022, 07:49:09 pm »
I actually had my photo of Montero ready to post because I thought you wouldn’t go for a second centre back just yet. :D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #250 on: April 7, 2022, 07:50:50 pm »
Aye. Nice dirty midget South American CBs  8)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #251 on: April 7, 2022, 07:56:51 pm »
Solid as fuck backline.

Chivu McGrath Figueroa Gerets

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #252 on: April 7, 2022, 09:18:00 pm »
József Bozsik - Hungary

Possibly one for the hardcore drafters… and there’s definitely some on here ;D
JFT97

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: April 7, 2022, 09:22:34 pm »
Me delaying picking Uruguay players is like Homer delaying meeting Mr T. at the mall.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #254 on: April 7, 2022, 09:44:36 pm »

Yep, one of the greats. Should've gone earlier perhaps, but he's from an age that rarely gets drafted from so I can understand people being afraid to go there.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: April 7, 2022, 09:46:09 pm »
Chivu never crossed my mind, nice pick that.

Pepe is underrated because he was a dirty bastard and had a few visible tantrums. Class centre back though who won it all in the club game.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #256 on: April 7, 2022, 10:00:52 pm »
You can see the great love Tubby has for that Lichtsteiner pick. Thrown in there without a first name, nationality, or pic. Nothing more than that annoying shit deserves.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 7, 2022, 10:12:32 pm by Lastrador »

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #257 on: April 7, 2022, 10:03:25 pm »
That's a great pick. Was seriously considering going for him as my DM, but I probably need a more defensive-minded one with my current team.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #258 on: April 7, 2022, 10:07:49 pm »
Yep, he seems to go under most people's radars these days, but I always rated him as a great versatile defender. Too bad he was made of glass, but he had a great career all things considered. Even winning a CL playing at left-back, which is where yours truly will play him.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #259 on: April 7, 2022, 10:29:24 pm »
Was terrified you'd nab him right before my pick just like you did with Rushy.

Felt like time to get my Scotsman after seeing McNeill and Bremner go in the last two rounds as well. Still some solid RBs left, but none of his pedigree IMO. There are some top top left wingers especially in this draft, so didn't want to leave myself with someone decidedly average there either.

Yep. Well played, you got me  ;)
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #260 on: April 7, 2022, 10:30:37 pm »
Picks:

Betty Blue - Salah(EGY), Eusébio(POR), Boban(CRO), Recoba(URU), S.Keita(MLI), Charles(WAL), McGrain(SCO)
VBG - Best(NIR), Rush(WAL), Essien(GHA), Brady(IRE), Koulibaly(SEN), Santamaría(URU), Valderrama(COL)
Samie - Suárez(URU), Weah(LBR), Prosinecki(CRO), Chumpitaz(PER), Savicevic(YUG), Jankulovski(CZE), P Ferreira(POR)
DrinksSangria - Dalglish(SCO), Matip(CMR), Bale(WAL), Keita(GUI), Sousa(POR), Davies(CAN), Cavani(URU)
Robbieredman - C.Ronaldo(POR), Shevchenko(UKR), Hagi(ROM), Scifo(BEL), McNeil(SCO), Lawrenson(IRE), Srna(CRO)
El Lobo - Mané(SEN), Robertson(SCO), Rakitic(CRO), H. Sánchez(MEX), Van der Elst(BEL), Córdoba(COL), Montero(URU), Simonsen(DEN)
Crosby Nick - Lewandowski(POL), Rui Costa(POR), Mølby(DEN), Kompany(BEL), Díaz(COL), Ljungberg(SWE), Márquez(MEX), Lauren(CMR)
Lastrador - Nedved(CZE), Stoichkov(BUL), Figueroa(CHL), Gerets(BEL), Stankovic(SRB), McGrath(IRE), Chivu(ROM), Suker(CRO)
Max Power - Puskás(HUN), Vidal(CHL), Godín(URU), Nicol(SCO), Litmanen(FIN), Riise(NOR), Aldridge(IRE)
Linudden - Modric(CRO), Y.Touré(CIV), Alaba(AUT), Hakimi(MOR), Bremner(SCO), Vidic(SRB), Pepe(POR), Aubameyang(GBN)
AdzLFC - Figo(POR), Hyypiä(FIN), Eto'o(CMR), Irwin(IRL), Son (KOR), Yashin(USR), Bozsik(HUN), Sissoko(MLI)
AndyMuller - Drogba(CIV), Hansen(SCO), Hazard(BEL), Mahrez(ALG), Deco(POR), Agger(DEN), Southall(WAL), Ivanovic(SRB)
Tubby - De Bruyne(BEL), Keane(IRE), Popescu(ROM), Jarni(CRO), Carvalho(POR), Falcao(COL), Lichtsteiner(SUI), Zamorano(CHL)
Hazell - Souness(SCO), Laudrup(DEN), Kuffour(GHA), Ibrahimovic(SWE), Boniek(POL), Heighway(IRE), Mihajlovic(YUG), Pjanic(BIH)
« Last Edit: April 8, 2022, 10:05:31 am by Lewis Hamilton’s #1 fan »
Linudden.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #261 on: April 7, 2022, 10:31:46 pm »

Pepe is underrated because he was a dirty bastard and had a few visible tantrums. Class centre back though who won it all in the club game.

I have two class centre backs who were absolute lunatics at the same time in him and Vidic. Not even Diego Costa would want to face that pair in their primes because let's just say that it could get ugly :D
Linudden.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: April 7, 2022, 10:37:27 pm »
I have two class centre backs who were absolute lunatics at the same time in him and Vidic. Not even Diego Costa would want to face that pair in their primes because let's just say that it could get ugly :D

Cheers for updating, mate

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #263 on: April 7, 2022, 10:40:13 pm »

Vidic wasn’t a lunatic. Just a slightly above average clogger.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: April 7, 2022, 10:46:15 pm »
Don't reckon there'll be enough good keepers to go round. We'll be going back to when they wore long johns and smoked cigars while in goal...

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #265 on: April 7, 2022, 11:07:15 pm »
Linudden.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #266 on: April 7, 2022, 11:27:30 pm »
Bam bam! Great pick, Tubs.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #267 on: April 8, 2022, 02:58:53 am »
I am probably gonna be sleeping when my turn comes up. I will send my picks to Samie and Betty, PM them and they can post my picks.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: April 8, 2022, 07:20:56 am »
Oooh, there's gonna be some shite out today. Can't wait...

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #269 on: April 8, 2022, 07:50:27 am »
I have Lastrador’s pick when his turn comes. He’s only given me one option so he must be fairly confident no one else will pick him. Read into that what you will.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #270 on: April 8, 2022, 07:50:56 am »
Oooh, there's gonna be some shite out today. Can't wait...

Finally taken those laxatives Bobby?

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: April 8, 2022, 07:58:48 am »
Finally taken those laxatives Bobby?

Through the eye of a needle at the moment, mate

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: April 8, 2022, 09:15:03 am »
Zamorano and Aldo are great pick-ups at this stage, surprised Falcao and particularly Aubameyang have gone over some of the other strikers left though
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #273 on: April 8, 2022, 09:34:35 am »
To be fair I could have a frontline of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Salah with Maradona being #10 and Lobo would still claim it was shit and vote against it :D

Bundesliga and Premier League golden boot winner Aubameyang a bad pick in the eighth (!) round are you kidding me?
« Last Edit: April 8, 2022, 09:37:19 am by Lewis Hamilton’s #1 fan »
Linudden.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: April 8, 2022, 09:37:51 am »
We'll see how close you get to that :thumbup

I'm not sure Aubemeyang and probably Alexis Sanchez and Arda Turan are comparable to those four though :) (and he shared his golden boot with two wingers....)

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #275 on: April 8, 2022, 09:41:14 am »
Lob-anon thinks I'm part of some kind of global conspiracy to I don't know do something I guess :D Not exactly pinning my hopes on his endorsement.

If we had an F1 draft and I picked Lewis Hamilton before him I fear he would still vote against!
« Last Edit: April 8, 2022, 09:43:13 am by Lewis Hamilton’s #1 fan »
Linudden.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #276 on: April 8, 2022, 09:41:38 am »
Trying to pick now. Literally looking at a map of the world as my starting point.

My kingdom for a DM (unless I play Marquez there and get another CB).

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: April 8, 2022, 09:44:45 am »
Lob-anon thinks I'm part of some kind of global conspiracy to I don't know do something I guess :D Not exactly pinning my hopes on his endorsement.

What on earth are you jabbering on about now? :D I was criticising your draft pick. We can start discussing your political leanings instead if you'd like but I really don't think it'd help you win votes mate, RAWK is pretty left-leaning and pro-vaccination.

Lastrador picks: Shaun Goater - Bermuda

....not really? :D

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #278 on: April 8, 2022, 09:45:10 am »
I know his name is GOATer but did Las really ask for Shaun Goater over the other available strikers? Madman :D

What on earth are you jabbering on about now? :D I was criticising your draft pick. We can start discussing your political leanings instead if you'd like but I really don't think it'd help you win votes mate, RAWK is pretty left-leaning and pro-vaccination.

I love vaccinations but also the ability to choose which ones that are for me :) Happy days my friend.

You're still Lob-Anon since you think I'm always engaged in some kind of conspiracy against the noble Lobonians :D
« Last Edit: April 8, 2022, 09:48:20 am by Lewis Hamilton’s #1 fan »
Linudden.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: April 8, 2022, 09:46:04 am »
No way Las done that?!