Author Topic: PL: Bford 3 v 3 Liv 26’ Pinnock 30’ Jota 54’ Mo Janelt ‘63 Jones 67’ Wissa 82’  (Read 33888 times)

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Must, must, must, must, must take our chances.

We'll be fine though.

We scored 3 in fairness.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
in the pursuit of giving him minutes we mis managed the game  - Seemed a daft sub, Jones was playing well too :mindblown

Yes it did seem like Firmino may have come on just to give him game time. All it did was weaken our midfield.
#JFT97

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Personally I thought we played well, scored three away and could have had more. Brentford defended brilliantly otherwise could have been 5 or 6. At the other end, I thought they had the rub of the green, 1st and second goal were 50/50s from being cleared and I thought the third was obviously offside but we never got to see the replay, can't think of any other clear chances they had.
It's not much use scoring 3 away from home if your defence is playing like the Keystone Cops.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Don’t think I’ve seen a game that’s more resembled that Palace 4-3. Sublime and ridiculous. Very wasteful at 3-2. Just stick it in Mo (can’t really hold him responsible for not winning though!).

Fair play to Brentford but that’s so frustrating.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
Didn't think we were too bad but the defence  was a bit all over the shop at times. Thought Brentford played well and moved the ball forward pretty quickly. Opportunity lost to try and take advantage of other teams losing today which is a bit shite but hey ho.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Any credit going to  Brentford here for having a proper go
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Must, must, must, must, must take our chances.

We'll be fine though.

You should but you score 3 goals, you can't keep scoring 3 goals in every game, you have to do the job on both ends of the pitch. 3 goals against a newly promoted side, took the lead twice, and you concede 3 sloppy goals. Can't be doing that, no matter how good they played, we have too much quality to drop off like that.

Offline Redknight60

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Didn't react to the 2nd ball for the entire 90mins, even when it was obvious they were winning the majority of the duels.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
And top of the league, all that matters really. It's ours to keep now.

Unless Brighton go top on monday ;)
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Was confused how little we got overlaps on the go today. Trent had a few opportunities to run down past Salah but seemed to come infield more. Robertson and Mane looked as if they’d never played together.

Frustrating as a couple big misses, but Brentford played well and scored all their goals through taking advantage of our weaknesses so fair play to them.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
You knew this was going to happen today come on! 😂
Fair play, the shower of twats fought for their lives for that result and so did we, but it's hard to defend against a fucking pinball machine IE unpredictable, Jammy goals...Salah should of tapped that in, but he went for match of the day headlines, backfired, oh well. We're top of the league still 😅, definitively.
Someone said these are the new Leeds? for me they remind me of Wimbledon.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
I’m talking about the goals. To concede 1 like we did would be bad enough, but 3? Nah, it’s fucking shit and I don’t think anybody can dress it up. Awful result that costs you titles.

Stop being so dramatic, we are the only unbeaten side in the league currently. All our rivals have dropped points both draws and losses. One point got today could be the difference between us winning the title, not just losing it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
As ever, slightly OTT for a frustrating game where we played well, created a lot of chances, opposition keeper had a worldie and we didn’t defend particularly well in a few situations.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Bizarre bringing Bobby on

Needed Milner for some steel
I think the idea was to strengthen the right hand side by playing Jota there as Trent was getting exposed.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Agree with others, defensively haven't seen us being so shit in long time
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
2 points fucked away. Credit to Brentford for digging in, but we should've scored 6.
That challenge on Jota. How in the name of fuck is that not a penalty?

That’s given at the other end. Defo.

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
Yes it did seem like Firmino may have come on just to give him game time. All it did was weaken our midfield.

If Firmino coming on was to give him minutes then bring him on for Mane and stick Jota out left - or decide to change the plan because the game is closer than you might have thought originally.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The miss was bad (but so was Jota's although that was admittedly a save) - but if you look at all the stats, they deserved a point.  I whole heartedly disagree with the "jammy goals against" - unless you mean "shit defending by our CBs" as being jammy as they are usually so good) - especially with Jones' shot taking a massive deflection which wrong footed the keeper.

Stats show us as having 5 shots on target, 6 off - and they had 3 on and 6 off, so we only had 2 more shots in total - and they had a higher xG from their shots - on squawka's model its 2.87 to them, 2.37 to us; infogols model has 3.02 top them, 2.41 to us

Fuck squawka and the stat twats,if you watched that game & think that they deserved anything you're off your head.

Oh and we had 6 on and 10 off so again fuck squawka & the stats twats.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
As ever, slightly OTT for a frustrating game where we played well, created a lot of chances, opposition keeper had a worldie and we didn’t defend particularly well in a few situations.

We didn't defend well in a lot of the situations.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
They’re like Wimbledon 88,a nightmare to play against.
They lost at home to Brighton, fucking Brighton.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
The two forwards caused problems, with Matip and Virgil at times getting mixed up at the back.

But the overload at the back post was a major problem.  No matter how good of a fullback you are, trying to win headers against 2 or 3 forwards is a problem.  They were lethal with these and used it to cause chaos.  Ball bounced their way and we couldn't clear our lines.  The second and third goals were like carbon copies.

At 3-2 up, we definitely looked more likely to score, but we didn't take the chances, and you get punished for that.  Shame to drop 2 points when we could've been 3 ahead of City and Chelsea.
King Kenny.

Offline Oldskoolcool

• Main Stander
One of those games, but you can't help but thinking if Wijnaldum was in the engine room we would have been far more comfortable, too many gaps and lack of tactical game management. Can't blame the lads too much though, thiago if starting could have done similar and curtis scored a goal. One of those ones, take it on the chin learn from it and move on.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bloody hell, I need another beer after that just to drown my sorrows. 2 points dropped.

Our finishing was as diabolical as our defending.  We have to be the most profligate team in Europe-- there are no excuses for those misses. I'm willing to bet that Brentford will be battered by Man U, Chelsea and Man City.

Klopp has to start trusting some of the players on the bench, sometimes, surely?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
;D ;D ;D

already 5 pages and not even an hour in

they took their chances while we didn't. Jota, salah all could have score a couple.

We look too open and think it was the way we set up the team.  Games like this are when players like thiago and sadly gini were crucial in plugging any gaps.

we will work on it and onwards to the next game.

Second half it felt like they had two attacks and scored two goals. Our defending should have been better (couldn't have been worse) but we should have put the game away. Hey ho, onto Porto and Man City.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

a decision that reeks of arrogance
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
Someone needs to teel Mane and Jota they aren't hitting the ball hard enough  when they shoot.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I’m not giving these any credit. Schoolboy defending for every goal. They didn’t do anything of quality.

Schoolboy defending for thei every goal, but they also schooled us on how to play a back line properly every time they scored.

We needed a game like this to fix a few negatives for us in the squad. The goals we gave away, passive defending. On their 2nd and 3rd goal VVD was not even going to try to be hard to play, it’s as if he’s stuck on his relax it’ll all be ok’ switch while the house is burning down. Robertson not cutting crosses, and not standing on the same line as anyone else. Matip was turned around more than an 80{s video. And TAA needed help out wide from Henderson to take the pressure off the Brentford overload.

But we stuck to our guns, we should have won this if not for a few decisive Brentford moments. Lovely game to watch.

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
I think the idea was to strengthen the right hand side by playing Jota there as Trent was getting exposed.

Jota's not that player though is he? Bring on Milner as midfielder and switch Milner and Henderson for more cover on that side.

So many options, and we made by far the worst one I think.

Offline masher

• Legacy Fan
  • hippie at heart
The defending was just not good enough and we did not wise up to them targeting Trent on the back post with crosses. Great game for neutrals to watch but frustrating result from our point of view.   

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
They and the crowd were on their knees at 3-2. If Mo puts his chance away it finished 2-5.

It was as if the back four had no clue they were going to overload on Trent. Surly film would have played that out? Shocking really. Also, Jota needs to tighten up his touch. Put pressure on the back four, that clearly, they were not up to dealing with today. Over all a bitterly disappointing result in rhe context of the results today and who we play next week.

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Struggled physically, felt we were losing every second ball. None of the defence comes out with any credit really. Felt that was Robinsons worst game in a long time. Fair play to Brentford they are a handful. Like the look of Toney, decent player. Missed Thiago I felt, missed his composure on the ball. Point is better than none, onwards to the next game.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
Brentford, played well and will take points off other big teams. We need to be more clinical at both ends if we want to win the league. I thought our shape dropped off when we bought Curtis off which was a strange sub. We didn't manage the game very well at all. Both fullbacks were poor today but in particular Robbo looks well off the standard. Kostas should be starting regularly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Stop being so dramatic, we are the only unbeaten side in the league currently. All our rivals have dropped points both draws and losses. One point got today could be the difference between us winning the title, not just losing it.

Thats true but last year we dropped an insane level of points against promoted sides. We beat Norwich but we cannot allow last years malaise against these sorts of sides set in.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
Dragged down to their level. Stoke reincarnated
Fcuk their name. That Brentford team have been really good for years now...their entire structure is first class. We didnt play to our standards because we just didnt turn up consistently. But it had nothing to do with being dragged down to their level.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Aye, but most can’t cross well enough over Matip and VVD to make it count. Brentford did today.
You think Brentford have better crossing quality than the rest of the PL?

It’s an area that will be targeted even more now.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Give Brentford credit dickheads.

We played well enough to win but had a bad defensive performance.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
We defended poorly for their goals but I don’t get the shouts that a draw was a fair result. We bossed the second half after a fairly even first half. We were dangerous and should have scored more, but their goalie made some good saves.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Any credit going to  Brentford here for having a proper go

Considering they time wasted from minute one No.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
a decision that reeks of arrogance

I thought bringing Firmino wasn't a bad idea, he actually created more chances for us and was involved in the final third well. Perhaps jota should have came off instead of Jones, but I don't think the sub was particularly wrong. What was wrong was how we dealt with balls into the box from both sides of the pitch.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We're only a point above Everton. Now that's embarrassing.