Author Topic: PL: Bford 3 v 3 Liv 26’ Pinnock 30’ Jota 54’ Mo Janelt ‘63 Jones 67’ Wissa 82’  (Read 33875 times)

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Robertson had his worst game since he's been here.

Nah he's been having a spell like this ever since football resumed because of Covid

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Inexplicable to not win that.

Mo’s casual miss and three jammy goals against. What a shame.

It was a mix of that Bournemouth 4-3 and Norwich 5-4 in terms of slack defending, poor midfield control, no game management and every bounce going against us in our box.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Bizarre bringing Bobby on

Needed Milner for some steel
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
Not sure why Curtis came off, he was decent.
Shite defending all round but fair fucks to Brentford, they are tidy. They should stay up

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
Robertson had his worst game since he's been here.

Been like that for a few weeks - I'd be tempted with Tsimikas against City.

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan

Be nice if Jota contributed something besides his goal.

:duh

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
One to forget for Trent. Complacency defo a factor today. Far too casual and seemed to think we’d go on to piss it each time we went ahead. 
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seρor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Can't be missing chances like that when you're only a goal up and struggling badly against long balls. Bought those dropped points on ourselves.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
And Mo fucks up an easy chance.

It wasn't that easy a chance, and chances like that are regularly missed. The bigger problem was that we just didn't try to kill it off; content to just pass it around and run the clock down.

I know it might be difficult for you but you need to stop fixating on individual moments and look at the bigger picture.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
There’s a sweet irony in all the noise coming out about how we’re great on set piece second balls, and then most of their goals are second balls bouncing around the box.

A good game, happy for the point considering I thought we were going to lose towards the end, but would have been nice to have put some distance between us and the rest. Still, top of the league. A lot of teams will struggle in Hounslow.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
Poor in defense.

Interesting game otherwise.. but some of ours were a bit off pace.. Missed chances cost us!
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Two points dropped but so has everyone else. Remain unbeaten.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
City will be licking their lips at our defence or lack of. 2 points dropped.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
For the third goal they basically had three players on the back post against Trent.

Teams know that’s our weakness.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Just came in. Had to go fishing with the lad.

What happend? We bad or were Brentford that good, or did we underestimate them?
Some rub of the green stuff. Some poor choice in finishing from us. Some brutal defending from us. Could and should have won this easy, but we were far too naοve with looking after the ball. 

Offline keeby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • turned down the job of katie perrys fluffer.....
Great game of football, as a libpool fan disappointed, but well in Brentford, your going to cause other teams headaches, back to the training ground for our defenders to work on their game. Top of the league !
was on blankety blank once and came second.........

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
I was surprised Tsimikas didn't replace Robbo, especially on a yellow card. Also he might have been able to put in better crossing than both Robbo and Trent managed today.

Absolutely - Robertson was horrific at both ends
But also generally why only make 1 sub allow it to be so open when we have the lead, twice … just odd

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
They’re like Wimbledon 88,a nightmare to play against.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
That was an absolute brilliant game of football, far better than the City Chelsea shite.

Mane and Jota didn't preform at their best, our defence was poor but credit to Brentford.

Someone in the half time thread suggested it was insane Jota didn't take his chance - obviously clueless about the entire arts of football, their keeper was great for them.

I'm gutted we didn't win that but Brentford could be part of the story this year. That could be a good point for us.

Don't be disheartened folks, Up the fucking Reds

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
Hopefully that ends the nonsense that we don't need to add intensity and defensive quality to our midfield. We were missing Thiago but the gaps through our midfield were huge. As they were  in most of the matches J have been to so far this eeason so far. Zero control.

I think I'd prefer it if the players picked used their intensity and defensive quality instead of not turning up, to be honest. That midfield three should've been fine, and they were complete wank.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Can't be missing chances like that when you're only a goal up and struggling badly against long balls. Bought those dropped points on ourselves.

You can't be conceding goals everytime the opposition get into your half either. Mo should have scored but they were defending, we were going to concede again.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
20 pages incoming.

1-0 Ok
1-1 Get in
1-2 Come on
2-2 Lads sort that out
2-3 Close it out
3-3 Not good enough

2 points dropped but fair play to them and Raya was MOTD, Moe should have scored to make it 4-2 and its over.

Poor.
Y.N.W.A.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
What did they do for their goals that we couldn’t prevent? Switched off for the first and then can’t defend 2 lofted balls to the back post. Amateur doesn’t cover it.

They put in plenty of decent balls behind our defence, there was beautiful ball put in by Cannos that I mentioned in the commentary. There was no one back for us and we only cleared it when Hendo got back. When you are caught that far up field against a team who attack without any fear it's always a risk.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
Must, must, must, must, must take our chances.

We'll be fine though.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
Two points dropped but so has everyone else. Remain unbeaten.

And top of the league, all that matters really. It's ours to keep now.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
Return to the bad old days of defending from us.

Absolutely piss poor from us, anonymous midfield and both fullbacks were dreadful.  How Milner doesn't come on at 2-1 or 3-2 I have no idea. Poor game management by Klopp and Henderson and Fabinho in particular were appalling.

Couldn’t agree more.   Piss poor attitude all round. Couldn’t believe Milner wasn’t brought on cos the midfield where none existent and they where winning every second ball.  Also Matip and Van Dijk where as bad as the full backs.  Don’t think I’ve ever seen them two play so bad. 

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
I can't believe Curtis came off right after scoring. ;D

It seemed strange and made our midfield even worse. The one thing we needed was to close down midfield and not let Brentford sling in balls behind our nervous defence.
#JFT97

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Not just the players either, don't think enough people are giving Brentford any credit.
Yeah I thought they were going to give us a match, Jill.
We were a little arrogant before the match and I was hoping that wouldn't be mirrored by the team.

We should take no team for granted. The other one I'm wary of is Southampton... bt they're always a problem.
Drew with both Manchester clubs.

It's still early days and the table doesn't mean too much at this stage, but we're still in the lead so we've done well out of the blocks- and that's a minor achievement in itself so far because match fitness, sharpness, focus and coherence- or lack thereoff usually kill teams at the start. We done better than everyone else. We've played a lot of games in succession though so we should take that in account.

This team is more than capable winning the league. We did it the season before last, with less.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 07:59:14 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline RedFalcon

• He told you all so. Nyer nyernyer nyer nyer!
  • Kopite
Personally I thought we played well, scored three away and could have had more. Brentford defended brilliantly otherwise could have been 5 or 6. At the other end, I thought they had the rub of the green, 1st and second goal were 50/50s from being cleared and I thought the third was obviously offside but we never got to see the replay, can't think of any other clear chances they had.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

in the pursuit of giving him minutes we mis managed the game  - Seemed a daft sub, Jones was playing well too :mindblown
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
That was an absolute brilliant game of football, far better than the City Chelsea shite.

Mane and Jota didn't preform at their best, our defence was poor but credit to Brentford.

Someone in the half time thread suggested it was insane Jota didn't take his chance - obviously clueless about the entire arts of football, their keeper was great for them.

I'm gutted we didn't win that but Brentford could be part of the story this year. That could be a good point for us.

Jota should have taken his chance as should have Mo [in the 2nd half], nice fishing there though, keep it up

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Not sure why Curtis came off, he was decent.

Presume it had been planned as a way of giving Bobby some minutes before Tuesday.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
It wasn't that easy a chance, and chances like that are regularly missed. The bigger problem was that we just didn't try to kill it off; content to just pass it around and run the clock down.

I know it might be difficult for you but you need to stop fixating on individual moments and look at the bigger picture.
It was an easy chance. On his left foot. Should just be passing that low and hard and the keeper can do fuck all about it.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Worse i've seen our defense play for ages. Just really shocking.

You'll get games like that after having the centre halves injured for a year.

Konate due a more regular game.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
They put in plenty of decent balls behind our defence, there was beautiful ball put in by Cannos that I mentioned in the commentary. There was no one back for us and we only cleared it when Hendo got back. When you are caught that far up field against a team who attack without any fear it's always a risk.

I’m talking about the goals. To concede 1 like we did would be bad enough, but 3? Nah, it’s fucking shit and I don’t think anybody can dress it up. Awful result that costs you titles.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
Inexplicable to not win that.

Mo’s casual miss and three jammy goals against. What a shame.

The miss was bad (but so was Jota's although that was admittedly a save) - but if you look at all the stats, they deserved a point.  I whole heartedly disagree with the "jammy goals against" - unless you mean "shit defending by our CBs" as being jammy as they are usually so good) - especially with Jones' shot taking a massive deflection which wrong footed the keeper.

Stats show us as having 5 shots on target, 6 off - and they had 3 on and 6 off, so we only had 2 more shots in total - and they had a higher xG from their shots - on squawka's model its 2.87 to them, 2.37 to us; infogols model has 3.02 top them, 2.41 to us

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan

Yeah, a truly bizarre substitute that one, bringing a forward just back from injury, on for a midfielder when you want to try and control the game after going in front.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

Exactly John, we won't be the only ones to drop points against these. Who knows how vital it could be by the end of the season.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
For the third goal they basically had three players on the back post against Trent.

Teams know that’s our weakness.

Aye, but most can’t cross well enough over Matip and VVD to make it count. Brentford did today.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
I think a draw was the right result overall. We had enough chances to win it easily in the second half but wasted them. Given the shambles at the back I was never comfortable at 2-3 and expected them to equalise. Brentford gave their all, and we were below par. Sloppy, wasteful and heavy touches let us down at times. Just one of those games we could have ran out easy winners in the end, or could have lost. Hopefully Brentford go on to give the other big teams a run for their money too. A bit like we all hoped Leeds would do after promotion but never really did.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.