Author Topic: The state Of The States. How Has America Got To Now?  (Read 338006 times)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Re: The state Of The States. How Has America Got To Now?
« Reply #240 on: November 19, 2021, 08:20:07 pm »
Hahah you're fucking joking mate right? He'll be hailed as a hero of the right and paraded around all the networks and dine off this for a good 10-20 years at least.

He'll likely go into politics.

The NRA will make him their spokesperson.

I mean, he's 19 now with no criminal record so Mr Black can give him the gun and then 'Murica proceeds if someone invades his home. Or something. He'll need some security for some years but in 2030 the vast majority of people will think Rittenhouse is just some mansion somewhere. The general public attention span and all that. Even had he gotten convicted for the gun possession charge it'd been a less than a year misdemeanour and he'd be able to just pick that very gun up and go on with it.
Linudden.

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cameras in your food, dude.
« Reply #241 on: November 19, 2021, 08:24:24 pm »
You only have to watch the videos to see this was textbook self-defence. The prosecution had no case and it should never have gone to trial. A young lad gets his life back after almost being murdered. Try to take politics out of it for once.
This sentence is not provable

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: November 19, 2021, 08:26:44 pm »
You only have to watch the videos to see this was textbook self-defence. The prosecution had no case and it should never have gone to trial. A young lad gets his life back after almost being murdered. Try to take politics out of it for once.

Wisconsin doesn't have a stand your ground law.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #243 on: November 19, 2021, 08:26:53 pm »
it wasn’t the fact he just felt threatened, he was running away and then was hit in the head by a skate board, kicked in the head, and then had a gun pointed at his head.

Did people here even watch the trial? Or just grab the media narrative?

In an American context, it was clear he as going to get off with it - although it’s a completely fucked society when you can just walk around with an gun.

Why was he there?

Why was he being chased?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #244 on: November 19, 2021, 08:27:00 pm »

Too bad the people he murdered won't get their lives back, but fuck em hey?

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: November 19, 2021, 08:27:03 pm »
The gun charge was dropped as he was carrying legally.

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: November 19, 2021, 08:27:27 pm »
Tooo bad the people he murdered won't get to carry on with their lives, but fuck em hey?

He didn't murder them, he killed them in self defence. They tried to murder him.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #247 on: November 19, 2021, 08:28:50 pm »
it wasn’t the fact he just felt threatened, he was running away and then was hit in the head by a skate board, kicked in the head, and then had a gun pointed at his head.

Did people here even watch the trial? Or just grab the media narrative?

In an American context, it was clear he as going to get off with it - although it’s a completely fucked society when you can just walk around with an gun.
He was being chased down after he'd already shot one man in the back of head. He deserved to be taken down and his gun removed from his possession as he was a clear threat. That fucker should have gotten worse than just hit by a skate board.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #248 on: November 19, 2021, 08:28:52 pm »

Well said. I disagree that there shouldn't have been a trial on the shots fired because it's good to get closure, but he should've been up on a lesser charge to really flesh the case out so that people can feel the justice system has given it a go. He'd been found not guilty also on the manslaughter count due to the exceptional circumstances but at least it'd been an honest hearing rather than a silly show the prosecution knew they couldn't win. However, it's unclear what charge there would've been had Grosskreutz pulled the trigger. I think manslaughter and a certain conviction considering he was on the ground and not pointing the gun at him but murder could be difficult to prove given it was an active shooting situation. Borderline murder two, but hard to tell. Both are alive anyway. To sum it up, it's a very American situation, sorry to say.

All he has to do is pose with an AR-15 with the caption that reads "A good gun with a gun, stopped the bad guys" and he'll make millions for NRA

Man you're on fire Chakan. While a bit hit and miss that sure was a slam dunk ;D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 08:35:12 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #249 on: November 19, 2021, 08:30:01 pm »
Why was he there?

Why was he being chased?

to any normal mind that's what I think most of us think

as soon as you throw gun laws in it all gets fucking stupid

if he had defended himself with his fists in the first instance then it never would have gone this far. The second two you can say were self defence, but I go along with the 'crowd tries to take down an active shooter' scenario.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: November 19, 2021, 08:30:10 pm »
The gun charge was dropped as he was carrying legally.
No he wasn't. That charge was thrown out on a technicality. You're showing your colours and I'm pretty sure you should turn down Fox news on the background.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: November 19, 2021, 08:31:25 pm »
the reason why it went to trial in the first place was political, and the media narrative didn’t help either.

He didn’t cross state lines with a gun.

He lives about 20 minutes away and most of his family live there.

He went there to clean up the damage from the protestors.

A business then asked him and his mate If they could help protect the store from the protestors and rioters.

His mate gave him the gun.

A gun shot from a protestor happened just before he was attacked.

He was running away and was then attacked by 4-5 people, armed with a gun, a skate board, a wooden pole.

It was self defence no matter which way you look at it, and the video evidence proves it clearly. It’s still fucked that American gun laws are like this though. They are a broken society.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 08:32:56 pm by stevensr123 »
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: November 19, 2021, 08:32:22 pm »
Poor murderer, why don't we think of his litte white supremacist feelings. He should have been sent to prison for life instead he gets a heroes parade on the right wing fascist channels and political sphere.

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: November 19, 2021, 08:34:02 pm »
Well said. I disagree that there shouldn't have been a trial on the shots fired because it's good to get closure, but he should've been up on a lesser charge to really flesh the case out so that people can feel the justice system has given it a go. He'd been found not guilty also on the manslaughter count due to the exceptional circumstances but at least it'd been an honest hearing rather than a silly show the prosecution knew they couldn't win.

I agree to a certain extent but that was only because of the politics of the situation which he was the victim of too.

And there was nothing about the prosection that was honest, the amount of misconduct during the trial should be an eye-opener to the amount of injustice that occurs in the legal system. Thankfully the evidence in this case was overwhelming and so justice was served despite the dishonesty of the prosecutors.

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: November 19, 2021, 08:36:16 pm »
It was self defence no matter which way you look at it, and the video evidence proves it clearly. It’s still fucked that American gun laws are like this though. They are a broken society.

Agree with everything but this, I believe without his gun he would be dead but that's maybe too much of a hot topic to go into, this case is emotive enough already.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: November 19, 2021, 08:36:19 pm »
He was being chased down after he'd already shot one man in the back of head. He deserved to be taken down and his gun removed from his possession as he was a clear threat. That fucker should have gotten worse than just hit by a skate board.
jesus Christ the media have done a hit job If that is was you believe.

Have you even watched the video which shows clearly what you said didn’t happen like that?

PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: November 19, 2021, 08:38:13 pm »
No he wasn't. That charge was thrown out on a technicality. You're showing your colours and I'm pretty sure you should turn down Fox news on the background.

Yes the technicality was that it was legal for him to carry that gun.

Offline WoodenHanger

• Ursine Wanger.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #257 on: November 19, 2021, 08:38:37 pm »
Agree with everything but this, I believe without his gun he would be dead but that's maybe too much of a hot topic to go into, this case is emotive enough already.

If he wasn't carrying an AR-15 at a protest he had no business being at he'd have been fine and 2 people wouldn't be dead. You considered that?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: November 19, 2021, 08:38:44 pm »
I'm presuming this lad will be bundled into the witness protection programme with a whole new identity?  Otherwise he'll be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life.

I'm not saying that's a good thing, or that's how it should be. I'm just observing that I cannot imagine it being any other way.
This was before todays verdict RB.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/kyle-rittenhouse-matt-gaetz-intern-b1959866.html

The land is fucked completely.

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: November 19, 2021, 08:38:51 pm »
Disgusting statement by Joe Biden. Sometimes, it's best to say nothing. He should have just stayed basking in his victory over BBB.
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #260 on: November 19, 2021, 08:40:19 pm »
I agree to a certain extent but that was only because of the politics of the situation which he was the victim of too.

And there was nothing about the prosection that was honest, the amount of misconduct during the trial should be an eye-opener to the amount of injustice that occurs in the legal system. Thankfully the evidence in this case was overwhelming and so justice was served despite the dishonesty of the prosecutors.

The prosecution was a complete disaster and the DA (?) should probably be impeached and removed from office for questioning Rittenhouse's absolute fifth amendment right to remain silent in the court. That was a train wreck of a prosecution. The balder guy in the prosecuting team who told Rittenhouse he should've engaged in a fist fight with Rosenbaum, god damn what's wrong with him? He literally encouraged him to engage in battery while in a courtroom? I assume the left-leaning media in the US won't be kind to them either once the dust settles on this. The lawyer Rittenhouse had got a free go at removing the gun charge from the judge because of the way those two pissed him off with their repeated misjudgements.
Linudden.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: November 19, 2021, 08:40:56 pm »
Please post the video in a spoiler for everyone to understand your point please.

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: November 19, 2021, 08:40:58 pm »
If he wasn't carrying an AR-15 at a protest he had no business being at he'd have been fine and 2 people wouldn't be dead. You considered that?

Yes and dismissed it because it makes no sense.

He was allowed to be there, with an AR-15 for protection.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #263 on: November 19, 2021, 08:43:30 pm »

You fucking what???

He was roaming the streets with a loaded semi-automatic rifle, sometimes pointing it at unarmed civilians. When those civilians took issue with that provocation and confronted him, he shot one, then put another bullet in for good measure to kill him.

On that count alone he should have been convicted.

A far-right, gun-nut psychopath who should be starting the rest of his life behind bars.

That country is so fucked-up
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: November 19, 2021, 08:43:49 pm »
Disgusting statement by Joe Biden. Sometimes, it's best to say nothing. He should have just stayed basking in his victory over BBB.

Not really,unlike the last c*nt he has to be seen to support the system.

'I stand by with the jury as the jury system has concluded. The jury system works and you have to abide by it,' Biden told reporters Friday afternoon as he returned to the White House from Walter Reed Medical Center, where he had a physical.

He said he 'just heard a moment ago' about the verdict, and says he 'didn't watch the trial, which featured dramatic clashes between the prosecution and defense lawyers and testimony by the accused teen in an event that got gavel-to-gavel cable news coverage.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WoodenHanger

• Ursine Wanger.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #265 on: November 19, 2021, 08:44:05 pm »
Yes and dismissed it because it makes no sense.

He was allowed to be there, with an AR-15 for protection.

What a country.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: November 19, 2021, 08:45:42 pm »
This was before todays verdict RB.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/kyle-rittenhouse-matt-gaetz-intern-b1959866.html

The land is fucked completely.

I know Gaetz offered.him a job, but he'll have a huge target on his back if he takes it.

Gaetz is probably hoping something happens to the lad so he can politicise it. Not like he cares about anybody's skin but his own.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: November 19, 2021, 08:48:14 pm »
Let's not weigh in on Joe Biden who has to comment immediately with mics shoved in his grid.
There's families and other things to think about. And that's not me doing a today is not the day to comment.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #268 on: November 19, 2021, 08:50:14 pm »
I remember something Alan X posted ages ago about how people only started pushing for gun control when some of the more hardcore black civil rights activists started exercising their rights to bare arms in the 60’s or 70’s, and I can see the same situation arising again, almost like a form of mutually assured destruction. If hillbillies can attend protests armed like a fucking SWAT team people shouldn’t be surprised if the other side starts doing the same to genuinely protect themselves.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: November 19, 2021, 08:54:51 pm »
Seen the first one now too, also self-defence imo. 

I'm genuinely aghast at these sort of conclusions.

You're essentially saying that you should have the right to wander round the streets with a loaded gun, provocatively pointing it unarmed civilians, and then, when they take issue with that, you be allowed to shoot them dead and claim self defence.

I so hope someone gets to the little Nazi c*nt and gives him a taste of his own medicine.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: November 19, 2021, 08:55:47 pm »
Please post the video in a spoiler for everyone to understand your point please.

What point? I'll quickly explain some of the prosecution's malpractice if you want.

They brought up under cross how he remained silent until his trial even though that is his constitutional right and cannot be used against him. They didn't share the hi-def video of the drone footage with the defence, instead they emailed a smaller, less clear, compressed version which meant the defence were unable to get an expert witness to rebut that particular piece of evidence. The prosecution started a line of questioning which the judge had explicitly denied could be brought up. They said they didn't know the identity of "jump-kick-man" even though he apparently had already asked the DA's offices for immunity. This meant Kyle Rittenhouse was unable to face his accuser in court, another violation of a constitutional right. They delayed Ziminsky's case until after this trial, which meant Ziminsky couldn't be brought the stand. They lied about what the AIs algorithm does when you pinch and zoom, telling the judge that it was like using a magnifying class and doesn't add extra pixels that were not already in the original video... there was another one that I just remembered but forgot but it was another egregious example of dishonesty. I'll add it when I remember.

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: November 19, 2021, 08:56:56 pm »

You fucking what???

He was roaming the streets with a loaded semi-automatic rifle, sometimes pointing it at unarmed civilians. When those civilians took issue with that provocation and confronted him, he shot one, then put another bullet in for good measure to kill him.

A far-right, gun-nut psychopath who should be starting the rest of his life behind bars.

That's what the prosecution alleged. That isn't what happened. The jury saw it my way too.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: November 19, 2021, 08:59:00 pm »
I just laugh at the fact that he casually strolled past cops  and what looked like swat armed response units with an assault rifle after a shooting spree. Even though he looked like he was wearing body armour, the real armour was the shade of his skin.

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: November 19, 2021, 08:59:34 pm »

You fucking what???

That reminds me of another lie the prosecution told. If he was to have pointed the gun at Ziminsky, he would have to have done it left handed. The prosecution told the judge that there is no such thing as left or right-handed weapons. Untrue otherwise the gas and the spent chamber would have ejected into Rittenhouse's face if he fired.

Seriously if you don't know the facts of this case, why are you commenting?

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: November 19, 2021, 09:01:53 pm »
jesus Christ the media have done a hit job If that is was you believe.

Have you even watched the video which shows clearly what you said didn’t happen like that?
Yes I did. He murdered a man in cold blood and then shot two others for trying to take him down because he was the active shooter. I don't need "the media" to tell me what to think.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 09:04:41 pm by Persephone »

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: November 19, 2021, 09:02:33 pm »
I just laugh at the fact that he casually strolled past cops  and what looked like swat armed response units with an assault rifle after a shooting spree. Even though he looked like he was wearing body armour, the real armour was the shade of his skin.

He was sprinting towards the cops who were a block away, but he was attacked by Huber, Grosskreutz and the rest of the mob before he got there as they knew he would have been safe if he had reached them. They could all see their lights in the near distance.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #276 on: November 19, 2021, 09:06:53 pm »

What part? The part where he says that you have to abide by the decision because that's how the justice system has always worked?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: November 19, 2021, 09:09:51 pm »
That reminds me of another lie the prosecution told. If he was to have pointed the gun at Ziminsky, he would have to have done it left handed. The prosecution told the judge that there is no such thing as left or right-handed weapons. Untrue otherwise the gas and the spent chamber would have ejected into Rittenhouse's face if he fired.

Seriously if you don't know the facts of this case, why are you commenting?

Kindly educate me which part of what I said wasn't accurate.

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #278 on: November 19, 2021, 09:12:44 pm »
so if you go into someones house waving an assault rifle around and they get up and try to hit it out of your hands with some object they have lying about. you can shoot them and its self defense?

why the fuck is he there in the first place with an assault rifle pointing it at protestors and what do people expect to happen after charleston? people will see an active shooter/ threat and try to protect themselves before they can do more damage. you cant claim self defense when you are the aggressor

the police should have stopped him roaming around before any of this happened. rather than handing out cookies and drinks to neo-nazis and patting them on the back.

this and the insurrection shows there are entirely different legal systems and law enforcement depending on the colour of peoples skin

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: November 19, 2021, 09:12:46 pm »
He was sprinting towards the cops who were a block away, but he was attacked by Huber, Grosskreutz and the rest of the mob before he got there as they knew he would have been safe if he had reached them. They could all see their lights in the near distance.
Yeah, I seen the footage too. He'd just shot a bunch of people and was carrying a loaded assault rifle and they just wheeled on past him. Next mass shooter who isn't white should try that trick.