Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - THE OLD (CRAP) THREAD THAT'S GOING IN THE BIN  (Read 147912 times)

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - GODDAG DAMSGAARD
« Reply #1560 on: August 3, 2021, 03:33:21 pm »
I read that Kabak might be available on a free just to free up his wages, if that's true, would we be interested?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1561 on: August 3, 2021, 03:36:32 pm »
I read that Kabak might be available on a free just to free up his wages, if that's true, would we be interested?

Don't see why, he needs to play regularly to develop.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1562 on: August 3, 2021, 03:37:36 pm »
We'd only get Kabak in on a free to loan him out again and then flip him for a profit the following summer.  He's not getting in ahead of Virgil, Joe, Ibou and Joel.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1563 on: August 3, 2021, 03:37:40 pm »
We would be about 2 injuries away from major issues again IMO

Would look a big risk I reckon when you consider our options within the squad. We rely hugely on the front 3

Where would the money next summer be coming from? We would still be relying on sales no? How much have we made this summer if what you've said in your post happens?

Well we'd have the loan fee for Shaq. Then next summer maybe sell Adrian and Milner and then keep our power dry for summer 2023.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1564 on: August 3, 2021, 03:39:38 pm »
Asensio….

We’re always linked to him.  It never has a grain of truth in it.

Hard to get a sense of it...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1565 on: August 3, 2021, 03:41:46 pm »
The bizarre saga continues. I'm not sure whether I feel sorry for the bloke or not.

it’s peculiar  :D

If it’s just a case of him simply not been good enough at this level and not able to show it in training, then it is what it is. He’s 26 and hadn’t played above championship level, so it wouldn’t be the biggest surprise if he isn’t good enough.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1566 on: August 3, 2021, 03:44:23 pm »
The Paul Gorst article in the Echo this morning (while being so badly written it makes your eyes bleed and your inner subvocal ears sob) confirms El Lobo's manifesto.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/salah-edwards-contract-liverpool-news-21203960

While the noise from the outside continues to rise in decibel levels regarding the lack of transfer activity, the Reds are driving towards the goal of retaining the nucleus of the squad at Jurgen Klopp's current disposal.

The clamour, as it always will be at this time of the year, surrounds new additions, and the £36m capture of Ibrahima Konate has done little to satiate the demands of those who believe Liverpool's squad is ill-equipped for a Premier League title challenge.

So far, however, those inside the club have had other ideas, Konate aside.

The focus, instead, is on the preservation and extension of contracts for those already at Anfield...
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #1567 on: August 3, 2021, 03:45:36 pm »

If it’s just a case of him simply not been good enough at this level and not able to show it in training, then it is what it is. He’s 26 and hadn’t played above championship level, so it wouldn’t be the biggest surprise if he isn’t good enough.

yeah lots of good footballers arent good enough for klopps liverpool. Being not good enough for us when our situation is so dire we're considering playing Shaq and Minamino in defence is a bit odd...

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1568 on: August 3, 2021, 03:47:37 pm »

This is my take on it. He appeared in some metrics at the back end of last year as showing excellent recoveries and one-on-ones, as well as shown a decent level of quality for Preston in the cup against City. We've looked into him, seen his rapid development - he was struggling to get a game for Fleetwood at left back 3 years ago- and wondered, given his late start in league football and his huge strides taken within the space of 2/3 years, whether we could place him into an elite coaching/training environment and extract further levels from him. I'm just not sure it was ever there to begin with. Too much of a jump, perhaps.

Had he gone to Burnley, maybe even Brighton, perhaps to Sheffield Utd, he'd have featured and found his feet at their level. Liverpool isn't that though.

I like the guy, came across well in early interviews but if we're not moving on Phillips or loaning Williams, given we now have 4 Senior CBs in addition to those two, I think taking a small profit and allowing him to actually move on and play for a massive club like Celtic or push for promotion to the Prem with Sheffield Utd or the like is the right thing to do. Shame to lose a homegrown player but what's the use when he's not ever going to play.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1569 on: August 3, 2021, 03:52:42 pm »
Davies out, probably Shaq on loan. Keep Origi and Taki, get some new contracts sorted for our top guns and then keep our powder dry for next summer

We have been keeping our powder dry for yrs, if our powder become any drier it becomes an acute fire hazard the way this summer is going

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1570 on: August 3, 2021, 03:53:14 pm »
I think the Davies situation was just an opportunistic move. He provided extra cover at a time when we were severely lacking (or would have if we had ended up using him), is likely on low wages, was available cheap due to his contract situation and is someone we can likely sell on for a profit. From his perspective he gets improved wages most likely, gets to train with some of the best players and coaches in the world and likely gets a decent move on the back of the deal.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1571 on: August 3, 2021, 03:53:20 pm »

The rumour makes no sense. They could easily loan him for the coming season with his wages 100% covered and then sell him next summer when more teams have money.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1572 on: August 3, 2021, 03:55:16 pm »
The rumour makes no sense. They could easily loan him for the coming season with his wages 100% covered and then sell him next summer when more teams have money.

And he'd cost money to release.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1573 on: August 3, 2021, 03:58:33 pm »
Yeah when his contract has 3 years left on it, it makes absolutely no sense. Someone will take him on loan with a low option to buy, surely. He was okay for us, certainly not so poor as to put off most of Europe bidding, especially given Schalke will sell him for as little as €8m. Spurs, Newcastle, Leicester all reportedly interested.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1574 on: August 3, 2021, 04:01:03 pm »
Yeah when his contract has 3 years left on it, it makes absolutely no sense. Someone will take him on loan with a low option to buy, surely. He was okay for us, certainly not so poor as to put off most of Europe bidding, especially given Schalke will sell him for as little as €8m. Spurs, Newcastle, Leicester all reportedly interested.

How many defenders do Leicester need?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1575 on: August 3, 2021, 04:05:27 pm »
How many defenders do Leicester need?
I suppose when you play 3 at the back, it increases the amount of cover you need. They only actually have three senior centre halves, in Soyuncu, Fofana and Evans. Amartey is sometimes repurposed, Thomas has made a few appearances from out of the U23s. It wouldn't be that bloated to add Kabak, it's wing backs they've a tonne of.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1576 on: August 3, 2021, 04:07:55 pm »
Ah right, I thought they had more. Agree about Kabak though, did enough while he was here to show he'd be a good signing so I'm surprised no one has come in for him yet.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #1577 on: August 3, 2021, 04:08:23 pm »
We're not getting anything for Origi are we? He doesn't seem to be pushing for a move at all and will just cash in on a free move next year.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #1578 on: August 3, 2021, 04:08:54 pm »
I do for those reasons, but then I think that he's gone from League Two to Premier League Champions within 2 years, whilst having the opportunity to train alongside our players and under Jurgen Klopp. It's a massive boost to his CV and probably made him worth double what we paid. Still one of the oddest transfers we've made in my lifetime though, and I lived through Stephen Caulker and I saw both of Paul Jones' games for us.

Not odd at all. He was backup insurance in case Kabak couldn't settle into the prem or got hurt. At that time nobody knew Phillips and Williams were going to pull up trees in the run in.

Seen numerous posts from people wondering why we bought him if he wasn't going to play going back to about a week after we bought him. Kabak did well and then the other two did better and we didn't need the insurance. Pretty straightforward really. Prior to that there were forests killed and lakes of ink used in the reams written about the lousy planning and poor forethought in not having a high quality 93rd string cb immediately on hand. Grab some cheap insurance and everybody "wth? thats so strange why would we do that?" 

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1579 on: August 3, 2021, 04:09:58 pm »
Well we'd have the loan fee for Shaq. Then next summer maybe sell Adrian and Milner and then keep our power dry for summer 2023.

Perfect. Hopefully Edwards is reading!!!

/

The Paul Gorst article in the Echo this morning (while being so badly written it makes your eyes bleed and your inner subvocal ears sob) confirms El Lobo's manifesto.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/salah-edwards-contract-liverpool-news-21203960

Suggested as the way summer would go on here some time ago, no chanceeeee, there's ages left!!!  ;)
« Last Edit: August 3, 2021, 04:13:28 pm by RyanBabel19 »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1580 on: August 3, 2021, 04:10:21 pm »
We'd only get Kabak in on a free to loan him out again and then flip him for a profit the following summer.  He's not getting in ahead of Virgil, Joe, Ibou and Joel.

Would it even be worth it?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1581 on: August 3, 2021, 04:11:55 pm »
Would it even be worth it?

prob not as you run the risk of him refusing to leave and paying him for 4 years before he goes for little/nothing.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1582 on: August 3, 2021, 04:13:03 pm »
That's a good dag Damsgaard. I like caravans more

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1583 on: August 3, 2021, 04:18:18 pm »
Perfect. Hopefully Edwards is reading!!!

/

Suggested as the way summer would go on here some time ago, no chanceeeee, there's ages left!!!  ;)

If its all to ensure we've got funds to go big in 2024, I dont see the issue.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1584 on: August 3, 2021, 04:19:42 pm »
We should wait, bide our time, then go MASSIVE in 2025. Makes more sense.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1585 on: August 3, 2021, 04:22:41 pm »

Yeah, not sure how reliable Constantin Eckner is, but that was his take on it. Maybe they just want rid and no takers for a loan option as yet

Keita will be like a new signing
« Last Edit: August 3, 2021, 04:25:05 pm by Machae »

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1586 on: August 3, 2021, 04:27:16 pm »

Better off holding fire until Arats ready for the first team and going big to build the team around him, would be silly not to really

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1587 on: August 3, 2021, 04:28:33 pm »
Better off holding fire until Arats ready for the first team and going big to build the team around him, would be silly not to really

Hopefully we sell him to fund our big summer of '36

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1588 on: August 3, 2021, 04:28:40 pm »
2030 is where it's at.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1589 on: August 3, 2021, 04:31:25 pm »
Hopefully we sell him to fund our big summer of '36

Just in time for Mbappes first born son to sign

Mbappe 2021 2036

Edwards playing a game that hasn't even been invented yet... fuck the chess

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #1590 on: August 3, 2021, 04:32:48 pm »
Just looking at the numbers, we sure seem to need an attacker (especially a central one) more than a CM. I count 6 attackers, with Minamino and Origi, but 9 CMs with Shaq and Elliott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1591 on: August 3, 2021, 04:34:01 pm »
Just looking at the numbers, we sure seem to need an attacker (especially a central one) more than a CM. I count 6 attackers, with Minamino and Origi, but 9 CMs with Shaq and Elliott

Shaqiri isn't a CM and would hardly ever be played there.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #1592 on: August 3, 2021, 04:44:41 pm »
In year 2525, if Goddag is still alive.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #1593 on: August 3, 2021, 04:48:29 pm »

I "went big" reading this!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1594 on: August 3, 2021, 05:01:48 pm »
I "went big" reading this!
At least someone in this thread is getting excited.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1595 on: August 3, 2021, 05:11:30 pm »
Signed till 2026.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1596 on: August 3, 2021, 05:11:55 pm »
Dom King

Liverpool have confirmed a new long term deal for Fabinho, story first flagged in May.
Celtic, Sheffield United and Bournemouth, meanwhile, all interested in signing Ben Davies. Sheff U have had an initial loan enquiry turned down

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1597 on: August 3, 2021, 05:14:25 pm »

Would make good sense if it wasn't for the homegrown factor. Could sell Nat for 15 mill, let Davies go for a profit and then keep Kabak as 5th choice with 3 players coming back from long term injury. We haven't got the space for him though.

Could maybe still sign him and then loan him out. What a bad deal that would have been though signing him for 18 million, in light of his value now with the mess Schalke are in. That was never happening.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1598 on: August 3, 2021, 05:14:46 pm »
We're not getting anything for Origi are we? He doesn't seem to be pushing for a move at all and will just cash in on a free move next year.

If we don’t get a few agreed this window he’s definitely leaving on a free,  by not selling him we don’t have space to bring someone else in who will improve our squad (and we still pay his wages)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1599 on: August 3, 2021, 05:17:03 pm »

Same as last year, there just isn't the interest in him. You'd get someone to take him on loan, or basically for nothing, that's it.

There's interest in Shaqiri but good luck getting the fees we'd want off Italian clubs etc.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season