Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2213610 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #26920 on: February 15, 2023, 01:40:50 pm »
would you take these going down in exchange for us missing out on top four?

tempted to say yes yknow

No.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #26921 on: February 15, 2023, 01:47:47 pm »
Going down would be good for Everton, both as a club and for their general mental health, because they could then concentrate on themselves and what is best for their interests.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26922 on: February 15, 2023, 01:55:36 pm »
There is an argument that keeping them in the Premier League is more painful - as we watch their eternal struggle of just about keeping their noses above water - whilst their little brother across the park keep picking up those tin pots  :lickin :lickin

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #26923 on: February 15, 2023, 01:59:33 pm »

tempted to say yes yknow

Fuck them, they're irrelevant, it would be hilarious if they went down, but not at the expense of us.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #26924 on: February 15, 2023, 02:01:45 pm »
Like clockwork, a blue at work is trying to float a conspiracy about Tsimikas “saying something” to Onana.

Sky Comms seemed to be insinuating that as well, absolute c*nts

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26925 on: February 15, 2023, 02:04:34 pm »
The road less taken to Rhyl?

Two roads diverged in a wood (en stadium)  ;D

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #26926 on: February 15, 2023, 02:08:42 pm »

tempted to say yes yknow
A more realistic scenario is us needing to win to clinch a Europa League spot and them staying up, or us losing and having a Europa Conference League spot and them going down.

God, that might have been the darkest sentence I've ever written here.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #26927 on: February 15, 2023, 02:31:29 pm »
I agree that going down would actually be way better for them in the long run.  Get a proper reset and shake things up.  Burnley are a good example of this, playing football that's miles away from what they served up in the PL.

If Dyche keeps them up, they're stuck with him for another couple of years, fighting relegation and not going anywhere.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #26928 on: February 15, 2023, 02:36:03 pm »
 I don't think they're coming back up anytime soon, if these get relegated, it took Villa 4 years to get back up after they were relegated in 2016, & these are in a far worse state than Villa were in, then add in the finances on the stadium, which will dent them in even further.
#Sausages

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #26929 on: February 15, 2023, 02:59:40 pm »

Tempting though it is, no.

Our interests ALWAYS must come first. Otherwise we're as small-minded as those pricks.

Exactly, the only real factor is it in our clubs (and our players health) interests not to have a derby, everything else is just social
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26930 on: February 15, 2023, 03:22:10 pm »
I agree that going down would actually be way better for them in the long run.  Get a proper reset and shake things up.  Burnley are a good example of this, playing football that's miles away from what they served up in the PL.

If Dyche keeps them up, they're stuck with him for another couple of years six months until they sack him, fighting relegation and not going anywhere.
Fixed that for you

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26931 on: February 15, 2023, 03:35:17 pm »
Going down would be good for Everton, both as a club and for their general mental health, because they could then concentrate on themselves and what is best for their interests.

It's not going to be good for Everton as they're in debt up to the Mersey High tide mark.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #26932 on: February 15, 2023, 03:38:51 pm »
It's not going to be good for Everton as they're in debt up to the Mersey High tide mark.
Well they are fucked then.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26933 on: February 15, 2023, 04:21:13 pm »
Yeah aren't Everton's wages like 95% of turnover? Between that and their loans against future TV revenue, if they go down they're fucked.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26934 on: February 15, 2023, 04:24:21 pm »
Yeah aren't Everton's wages like 95% of turnover? Between that and their loans against future TV revenue, if they go down they're fucked.

Makes sense.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26935 on: February 15, 2023, 04:29:37 pm »
They go down and BMD becomes the new Nou Mestalla.

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #26936 on: February 15, 2023, 04:31:57 pm »

Given what's next door, I would say the Poo Mestalla
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26937 on: February 15, 2023, 04:47:14 pm »
Portaboooo

Popcorn's Art

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #26938 on: February 15, 2023, 04:57:17 pm »

We need a break from them, let them calm down.

The more I think about it, I'm less convinced that relegation provides a mental reset in terms of expectations, particularly as BMD lurks in the background.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26939 on: February 15, 2023, 05:07:32 pm »
Who would be the local (ish) rivals for them to hate when they're relegated?, Blackburn?, Preston?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #26940 on: February 15, 2023, 05:13:12 pm »
Who would be the local (ish) rivals for them to hate when they're relegated?, Blackburn?, Preston?

give it a couple more years, and it can be Wrexham  :P

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #26941 on: February 15, 2023, 05:14:41 pm »
Even though its only 3 pts on Saturday a defeat to Leeds would probably have them at panic stations at the thought of being adrift. Don't think they would react at all well.

Leeds have a problem with sticking thr ball in the net, but Everton have a problem with creating as well as sscoring so possibly a drab 0-0.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #26942 on: February 15, 2023, 05:15:18 pm »

From the Wiki article on the Nou Mestalla:

"The design features a futuristic exterior, clad in aluminium and an interior of wood."

That'd be very Everton
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26943 on: February 15, 2023, 05:21:21 pm »

Our interests ALWAYS must come first. Otherwise we're as small-minded as those pricks.
How about we need a point for top 4 and Southampton need a point to stay up at Everton’s expense? 0-0 draw it is then  :)

Offline Bill Shepherd

• Main Stander
  • Works well under constant supervision.
« Reply #26944 on: February 15, 2023, 05:27:36 pm »
How about we need a point for top 4 and Southampton need a point to stay up at Everton’s expense? 0-0 draw it is then  :)

Now that's how you do winning without winning!  ;D
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere. On the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26945 on: February 15, 2023, 05:48:52 pm »
The more I think about it, I'm less convinced that relegation provides a mental reset in terms of expectations, particularly as BMD lurks in the background.

I dunno. Having their club liquidated and being forced to start again from scratch in non league football seems a perfect mental reset for them to me.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #26946 on: February 15, 2023, 06:36:08 pm »

Everton’s total wage to turnover ratio increased from 89 per cent in 2019-20 to 95 per cent for 2021. “This figure has been artificially inflated by the loss of revenue because of the COVID-19 pandemic disruption and increased player costs from the 2019-20 season being completed in July 2020,” the club said.

So, nothing to see here, they're good when they get it back to 89%.   ;D ;D ;D
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26947 on: February 15, 2023, 06:37:16 pm »
They'll have their parachute payments to tide them over, and I don't see them losing any players, as they're all Championship standard already.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #26948 on: February 15, 2023, 06:40:58 pm »
They'll have their parachute payments to tide them over, and I don't see them losing any players, as they're all Championship standard already.
Pickford will go.  He’s got one year left in the summer…. And the new deal hasn’t been signed…. He will go whatever happens
After that, who have they got left of any value? Onana?  He’s not added to his value….

They’ve few assets left to sell now
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #26949 on: February 15, 2023, 06:41:59 pm »

These away at Preston will be hilarious, wait for the fewm when they find out the away end at Deepdale is called The Bill Shankly stand, & Preston have an image of Shanks likeness painted on the seats in that stand too. :lmao
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 06:43:53 pm by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #26950 on: February 15, 2023, 06:43:27 pm »
Pickford will go.  He’s got one year left in the summer…. And the new deal hasn’t been signed…. He will go whatever happens
After that, who have they got left of any value? Onana?  He’s not added to his value….

They’ve few assets left to sell now

Onana is raw but has a lot of potential, Arsenal were snooping around in the window just gone from what I read. But really, their squad is full of complete and utter mediocrity.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26951 on: February 15, 2023, 06:45:49 pm »
Onana is raw but has a lot of potential, Arsenal were snooping around in the window just gone from what I read. But really, their squad is full of complete and utter mediocrity.
I think that's being extremely generous to them.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #26952 on: February 15, 2023, 06:47:35 pm »

This percentage drops progressively over a three-year period – 55% in the first year, 45% in year two and, if the club was in the Premier League for more than one season before relegation, 20% in the third year.

As Everton are hocked to their eyeballs, 55% of tv revenue isn't enough when you've got 90% of revenue going to players wages.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26953 on: February 15, 2023, 06:49:34 pm »
This percentage drops progressively over a three-year period – 55% in the first year, 45% in year two and, if the club was in the Premier League for more than one season before relegation, 20% in the third year.

As Everton are hocked to their eyeballs, 55% of tv revenue isn't enough when you've got 90% of revenue going to players wages.
As someone above mentioned, they could sell Onana and Pickford and use the money generated to offset the difference.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26954 on: February 15, 2023, 06:51:22 pm »
As someone above mentioned, they could sell Onana and Pickford and use the money generated to offset the difference.
Pickford has 1 year left on his contract. They're not pulling even Spurs' pants down for more than 10-15m.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #26955 on: February 15, 2023, 06:59:15 pm »

Yeah, as i said, it took Villa 4 years to get back up after they went down in 16, & that's without a new stadium to pay for, Everton will be fucked.

Feels reminiscent of Leeds, 20 years ago Leeds gambled the future on future revenue from the champions league, failed to qualify 2 years in a row, debtors started calling in the money & Leeds were fucked, took them 16 years to get back into the premier league, yo yoing between championship & league one for quite a bit of that time, & Leeds have had as many new owners as they have new managers, i remember Ken Bates was Leeds owner for a short time too.
#Sausages

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26956 on: February 15, 2023, 07:04:02 pm »

While I'd still want us to win, you could make a reasonable argument that them going down is in our best interests since they can't injure any of our players if there's no derbies.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26957 on: February 15, 2023, 07:07:36 pm »

Not to mention the obvious point that they keep mortgaging future tv revenues for money now, so they are going to have 3rd parties wanting their share of those parachute payments too.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26958 on: February 15, 2023, 07:18:44 pm »
Yeah, as i said, it took Villa 4 years to get back up after they went down in 16, & that's without a new stadium to pay for, Everton will be fucked.

Feels reminiscent of Leeds, 20 years ago Leeds gambled the future on future revenue from the champions league, failed to qualify 2 years in a row, debtors started calling in the money & Leeds were fucked, took them 16 years to get back into the premier league, yo yoing between championship & league one for quite a bit of that time, & Leeds have had as many new owners as they have new managers, i remember Ken Bates was Leeds owner for a short time too.
It was Risdale's era. Lavish spending on private jets, company cars and goldfish. Oh and sacking managers for missing out on CL.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #26959 on: February 15, 2023, 07:22:16 pm »
It was Risdale's era. Lavish spending on private jets, company cars and goldfish. Oh and sacking managers for missing out on CL.

I didn't say Ken Bates was owner when Leeds were spending lavishly on everything [including that 200K fishtank :o], i said, i remember Ken Bates was Leeds owner for a short time, which was after the Ridsdale era.
#Sausages