Author Topic: The Indomitable Ibou  (Read 275293 times)

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Indomitable Ibou
« Reply #1160 on: March 21, 2022, 06:11:12 am »
:lmao

:lmao Need a wider angle to fit Ibou in,what a picture!

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1161 on: March 21, 2022, 04:45:19 pm »
Thought he was great yesterday, just looks so comfortable in this team already, played a lovely ball to put someone in too (might have been Bobby who fucked it up).

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1162 on: March 22, 2022, 12:24:02 am »
A bit of both Joel and Virg will make him some player- exciting times ahead with this guy

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1163 on: April 5, 2022, 10:02:46 pm »
He's incredibly mature for his age and he scored. His mistake is part and parcel of learning.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1164 on: April 5, 2022, 10:03:15 pm »
He’s excellent.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1165 on: April 5, 2022, 10:04:59 pm »
Goal and mistake aside, I thought he had a good, but not great game.  Got caught a couple of times and never really looked all that comfortable against Nunez in the air.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline The Last Known Survivor

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1166 on: April 5, 2022, 10:08:58 pm »
Looked a bit clumsy at times which I didn't notice before, nerves?
Nothing to worry about I don't think, took his goal well and defended well on other occasions.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1167 on: April 5, 2022, 10:09:30 pm »
Thought he was really good mistake aside, he has got everything to dominate any type of forward

Also nice for him to finally get a goal, its been coming

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1168 on: April 5, 2022, 10:12:34 pm »
Played well, those who’ve watched Konate in Germany won’t be surprised what we saw tonight; a good display, verging on dominant before a sloppy mistake that almost lead to a loss of composure. He brought himself back though and grew into the game. Nunez is a huge prospect and I think Ibou made him look unremarkable tonight.

Loads of potential. Mistakes are part and parcel of the learning process for young Centre Halves.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1169 on: April 5, 2022, 10:13:52 pm »
He’s got great potential but has a penchant to turning everything into a physical battle with opposing strikers, at least that’s the feeling I get, don’t see the same with Matip or Gomez who are a bit more composed and rolls Royce like for me.

He has everything to be a top Cb though, physically a beast fast and decent on the ball.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1170 on: April 5, 2022, 10:14:32 pm »
He’s just a fantastic player. Yes, a mistake, but one of those things, it wasn’t cos of getting beaten or being badly out of position, he just missed the sodding ball  ;D

Otherwise he had a superb game, he’s a massive (literally) talent.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1171 on: April 5, 2022, 10:16:01 pm »
He’s just a fantastic player. Yes, a mistake, but one of those things, it wasn’t cos of getting beaten or being badly out of position, he just missed the sodding ball  ;D

Otherwise he had a superb game, he’s a massive (literally) talent.

Really - thought he pretty clearly struggled all night and a horrid second half
He’s a great prospect for sure but not based on tonight

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1172 on: April 5, 2022, 10:17:14 pm »
Really - thought he pretty clearly struggled all night and a horrid second half and really struggled one on one

I thought he was clearly very good 1st half.

2nd half everyone struggled for about 25 mins, not him more-so mistake apart obviously.   

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1173 on: April 5, 2022, 10:22:24 pm »
Agree with Dim that he had a poor spell when the whole team was somewhat scattered, this was a symptom of Konate’s mistake.

I also thought he showed some immaturity after scoring - the adrenaline might have got to the lad because he started sprinting into areas he didn’t need to be in and aggressively contesting things he probably should have left.

Having said that, I did think he was good tonight, very good almost. Like I said, Nunez will be a great striker and Ibou made him struggle.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1174 on: April 5, 2022, 10:26:04 pm »

Agree with that, lost a lot of duels and struggled at times with Nunez. Seemed like scoring the goal actually affected his game negatively as he was decent before then.

Just a bad night but he is a brilliant prospect and you wouldn’t expect him to be great every game.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1175 on: April 5, 2022, 10:26:51 pm »
Really a game of two halves for him. Untouchable first half, but his mistake on their goal seemed to rattle him a bit.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1176 on: April 5, 2022, 10:36:11 pm »
Agree with Dim that he had a poor spell when the whole team was somewhat scattered, this was a symptom of Konate’s mistake.

I also thought he showed some immaturity after scoring - the adrenaline might have got to the lad because he started sprinting into areas he didn’t need to be in and aggressively contesting things he probably should have left.

Having said that, I did think he was good tonight, very good almost. Like I said, Nunez will be a great striker and Ibou made him struggle.

yep, that’s pretty much it.

Really a game of two halves for him. Untouchable first half, but his mistake on their goal seemed to rattle him a bit.

And this is probably the best way to put it really, a game of two halves!

Funny though how people see things so very differently, that’s why this is a good reminder not to take much notice of one or two here who behave as if they are above other posters  ;D

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1177 on: April 5, 2022, 10:53:12 pm »
Thought he was great up to his bizarre mistake. Little shaky like the rest of the team for a while after but settled again later on. He's a massive talent for his age.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1178 on: April 5, 2022, 10:57:37 pm »
22 years old…

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #1179 on: April 5, 2022, 11:04:22 pm »
Mistakes happen. He has grown so much through this season. It really is beautiful how Jurgen backs his players, even/especially after mistakes. The confidence that must not only give a player in good times, but especially how he backs his players to come back from their mistakes must be so important to a young player's development. Ibou has still never tasted defeat when he steps out onto the pitch in the red of Liverpool. If that doesn't get you excited for what this lad's future could be, then I don't know what could.
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1180 on: April 5, 2022, 11:08:30 pm »
22 years old…

He made his debut in the CL against Benfica two years ago as well, so still learning.

Games like tonight’s will all aid his development.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1181 on: April 5, 2022, 11:18:32 pm »
His mistake was classic Djimi Traore but the guy has so much talent that I expect he will get over it.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: April 5, 2022, 11:26:06 pm »
Nothing to be concerned of. The mistake is part of his journey to become a monster of a centre back. He is 22 years old … that’s pretty much a baby for that position. At 22, Virgil was still finding his way at Groningen
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1183 on: April 5, 2022, 11:41:14 pm »
I can't believe that there is more written here about his mistake than his goal. What a header!...

With his goal, didn't we set a record for most scorers in a season ever?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1184 on: April 5, 2022, 11:52:50 pm »
The duels he lost were nothing dangerous as far as I could see, he won all the important ones. They targeted him and got nothing out of him but he did make that mistake. Meh, he’s class for his age and will only get better as long as he puts the work in.

In games down the years we would have conceded a couple there I think in the first half. A few times our lads had to match their fastest forwards and did so through pace and power. Before our latest set of cb’s they would have been through on goal and we’d all be talking about something else here.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #1185 on: April 5, 2022, 11:56:26 pm »
His mistake was classic Djimi Traore but the guy has so much talent that I expect he will get over it.

Can you please explain this comparison to Traore?
Not sure what they have in common as players.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1186 on: April 6, 2022, 12:06:50 am »
I thought he was great to be honest, dealth with Nunez quite well who targeted his side clearly.

Mishit causes a goal, shit happens. But there is no way he should take all the blame for that goal, that goal started from bad passing/heading up the pitch which exposed us to a counter

His positioning to block the cross was perfect, just got his feet out of whack sadly

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1187 on: April 6, 2022, 12:14:41 am »
Thought it was a struggle for him after the mistake when they started ramping up the pressure on us. Another good game though and good to see him score his first LFC goal, great header. Still unbeaten since joining too and he's up to about 20 games or so. Would start him again in the 2nd leg probably.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1188 on: April 6, 2022, 12:47:39 am »
Had a great game tonight against difficult opponents. Shame he got his feet in a tangle for their goal. However nice to see him on the scoresheet.
#JFT97

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1189 on: April 6, 2022, 12:55:17 am »
Nothing to be concerned of. The mistake is part of his journey to become a monster of a centre back. He is 22 years old … that’s pretty much a baby for that position. At 22, Virgil was still finding his way at Groningen

Christ almighty, I remember the day Virgil at Celtic was made skint against my own team Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the Scottish Cup semi final in 2015. I mean, we beat them fair and square.

If Ibrahim can just make sure he can keep the level of determination and ambition up for the next few years, then he will maintain and improve upon  the class he's already shown.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1190 on: April 6, 2022, 12:59:07 am »
Thought he was boss tonight, the recovery pace was a joy to watch.

1 in 100 mistake that he’s made (and he wasn’t the only one at fault for that goal either) but for me it’s a bit like the Alisson one at Leicester not long after he signs for us in that he makes an error and it doesn’t cost us and it sort of gets it out of his system whilst not actually doing any lasting damage/

I actually think, error aside, it’s one of the most commanding and involved games he’s had for us. The way that benfica played (and the way we defended against them both in midfield and in defence) place a lot of onus on him to do his job and make one vs one challenges and he did all of that excellently. His error was nothing to do with his role today and was just a daft mis-kick.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #1191 on: April 6, 2022, 01:27:45 am »
Played well, those who’ve watched Konate in Germany won’t be surprised what we saw tonight; a good display, verging on dominant before a sloppy mistake that almost lead to a loss of composure. He brought himself back though and grew into the game. Nunez is a huge prospect and I think Ibou made him look unremarkable tonight.

Loads of potential. Mistakes are part and parcel of the learning process for young Centre Halves.

Thats a perfect explanation. I agree completely.

Although i'll caveat the whiff, that could happen to anybody. nobody said boo to him, they all knew it could have been them just as easy. That could have happened to Milner, probably has. But it did shake him and he did well to stabilize and as a 23 year old whose primary work on is very occasional focus loss, thats the sharp end of the experience stick that will serve him very very well in the future, and no harm done to boot.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1192 on: April 6, 2022, 03:30:15 am »
Thats a perfect explanation. I agree completely.

Although i'll caveat the whiff, that could happen to anybody. nobody said boo to him, they all knew it could have been them just as easy. That could have happened to Milner, probably has. But it did shake him and he did well to stabilize and as a 23 year old whose primary work on is very occasional focus loss, thats the sharp end of the experience stick that will serve him very very well in the future, and no harm done to boot.
He also Knew right after that was on him. Clearly could see him drop his head into the ground. He will just keep getting better

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1193 on: April 6, 2022, 11:26:39 am »
Absolutely great last night until he wasn't and his head went for about 15 minutes before he regained his composure. First cock-up for Liverpool practically! Not a bad night to do it all things considered.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1194 on: April 6, 2022, 11:30:21 am »
It’s hard for all our defenders. They so often have to deal with 1 on 1 situations. Bit of a fuck up for the goal but that can happen to anyone. Doesn’t seem too much to worry about.

As for the duels, Nunez was a big lad and good in the air, he’s going to win some duels against our CBS. Thought Konate did well on the whole. He is so strong, and a couple of times that led to him giving fouls away but generally high up the pitch and nowhere too dangerous.

He’s impressed me every time he plays. Can’t be easy to only start around one in 4 or 5 but whenever he comes in he never looks rusty.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1195 on: April 6, 2022, 11:32:08 am »

Yeah agree with this.

Rather odd to see one or two posters saying he struggled throughout.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1196 on: April 6, 2022, 11:32:29 am »
Did great, mistakes happen with every player and it's totally about how you deal with that mistake, got his composure back and finished the game fine, you do that or you fall apart (cough Everton, cough Keane)

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #1197 on: April 6, 2022, 11:32:53 am »

Exactly, better off doing it in a game when we’re 0-2 up than when scores are level. Brilliant header for the goal though, many more of those over the coming years please.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1198 on: April 6, 2022, 11:41:18 am »
Konate is an outrageous talent, a lot is made of his physical prowess but his intellegence is what strikes me most in all honesty and it isn't praised enough in players of his type.

It's all good and well being big, strong and quick but the reading of the game is what seperates the good from the elite. So often he steps out of defence at the perfect time to intercept a pass, close an opposition attacker right off their first touch or picks the perfect time to see the ball out/shield the ball and ensure we retain possession. Brilliant football player and the mistake is one of those that happens unfortunately, no different to say Alisson coming out and miskicking while sweeping up in behind the defence, Konate will learn from it and he's in a very good position to have someone as dominant as Virgil to learn from.

Offline BriarcliffInmate

• Kemlynite
  • I like football the way I like my politics: Red.
    • Radical Red Review
« Reply #1199 on: April 6, 2022, 04:25:16 pm »
Thought he was fantastic last night until his mistake, which you could tell devastated him. His goal more than makes up for it, and let's be honest, the lad is 22 and has a clean sheet at Old Trafford, a dominant performance at the San Siro and slotted in whenever we've asked of him. For his first season, he's done incredibly well.

Lost his head for about 15mins after his mistake last night, but then got back into it and played well again. Yeah, Nunez was a bit of a handful for him at times, but he didn't give up and stopped a lot of attacks.

More than anything, it's meant we haven't had to overplay Joel. Having Ibou there - as raw as he might be in some departments - means Joel doesn't have to play every game and ruin his body. Ibou will only learn from having them alongside him!
"This club has been my life. I’d go out and sweep the street and be proud to do it for Liverpool FC if they asked me to." - Bob Paisley