Author Topic: OnBuy - Anyone tried them ?  (Read 584 times)

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
OnBuy - Anyone tried them ?
« on: May 17, 2021, 11:31:43 am »

Came across these a few weeks ago . These seem to be set up as alternative to Amazon . Made 2 recent purchases - delivery has been good and found the items to cheaper than Amazon .

Can only speak for myself , but hate the way Amazon seem to be grabbing a bigger slice of the market by the week - Also not a big fan of their working practices  Bezos has had enough of my custom , so now only use them as a last resort .

I'll give these a go for the time being and see how it goes !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: OnBuy - Anyone tried them ?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 10:12:00 pm »
Ooh, they sound pretty good. Trustpilot reviews have been kind!

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/onbuy.com

I use Amazon, but it's mainly because they have the market sewn up for some things, more choice is always good

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 11:06:46 pm »
Came across these a few weeks ago . These seem to be set up as alternative to Amazon . Made 2 recent purchases - delivery has been good and found the items to cheaper than Amazon .

Can only speak for myself , but hate the way Amazon seem to be grabbing a bigger slice of the market by the week - Also not a big fan of their working practices  Bezos has had enough of my custom , so now only use them as a last resort .

I'll give these a go for the time being and see how it goes !
What did you buy mate out of interest? Tempted to buy the IPad Air 4 from there but at £468 it’s a bit of a gamble for a site I’m not too familiar with. The reviews do sound quite positive.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 08:40:44 am »
What did you buy mate out of interest? Tempted to buy the IPad Air 4 from there but at £468 it’s a bit of a gamble for a site I’m not too familiar with. The reviews do sound quite positive.

Nothing electronic mate !

For the time being , for a purchase type you're looking at , I'd probably stick with Amazon or the more established sellers - at least you know that in case of a problem it's far easier sorted .

I'll certainly give them a go for now , but would be selective on what I do buy through them .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 09:25:32 am »
Ooh, they sound pretty good. Trustpilot reviews have been kind!

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/onbuy.com

I use Amazon, but it's mainly because they have the market sewn up for some things, more choice is always good

They're an e-commerce 'disruptor' apparently.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.