Author Topic: Prince Phillip has died  (Read 37066 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: Prince Phillip has died
« Reply #240 on: April 9, 2021, 04:11:22 pm »
Be rude not to...

He never made one hundred.
So nearly but not quite.
A dinosaur, a relic.
Who talked a load of shite.
A man who shot the tigers.
And known for racist gaffe.
And now The chase is cancelled.
You're avin a fuckin laugh!

Allez, Allez Allez
:wellin superb I fuckin love RAWK...........

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: April 9, 2021, 04:14:26 pm »
So just the 10 BBC radio stations and 3 BBC tv stations paying tribute.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: April 9, 2021, 04:30:09 pm »
Should we on Rawk lower the shite talked  on here for the day?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: April 9, 2021, 04:31:22 pm »
Cheers....haha feel I have to now after the username change (down to you?)
No mate, someone else :)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #244 on: April 9, 2021, 04:32:41 pm »
Should we on Rawk lower the shite talked  on here for the day?

You requesting we ban you?

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #245 on: April 9, 2021, 04:35:47 pm »
Oh, dear! Never mind!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #246 on: April 9, 2021, 04:36:10 pm »
princeship;

1. A male member of a royal family other than the monarch, especially a son of the monarch.
2a. A man who is a ruler of a principality.
b. A hereditary male ruler; a king.
3. A nobleman of varying status or rank.
4. An outstanding man, especially in a particular group or class:

Seeing as I am also a Philip, and a man,and I have been known to have been out standing in my field, could I apply for the title?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: April 9, 2021, 04:37:33 pm »

:D

Not before you and Al mate.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #248 on: April 9, 2021, 04:44:20 pm »
I'll feel something on a human level for someone who's spent the best part of 74 years with their husband at their side, and now they're gone.  But can't say I'm openly weeping with his passing.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #249 on: April 9, 2021, 04:48:19 pm »

They banned Samie the other day, but somehow let him back in. An opportunity lost to be honest.  ;)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: April 9, 2021, 04:49:42 pm »
I'll feel something on a human level for someone who's spent the best part of 74 years with their husband at their side, and now they're gone.  But can't say I'm openly weeping with his passing.

Same here, its going to be tough for her and the family, but its the same for every family he loses a loved one.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #251 on: April 9, 2021, 04:54:50 pm »
princeship;

1. A male member of a royal family other than the monarch, especially a son of the monarch.
2a. A man who is a ruler of a principality.
b. A hereditary male ruler; a king.
3. A nobleman of varying status or rank.
4. An outstanding man, especially in a particular group or class:

Seeing as I am also a Philip, and a man,and I have been known to have been out standing in my field, could I apply for the title?

Being a scarecrow doesn’t count Phil.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #252 on: April 9, 2021, 04:57:37 pm »
They banned Samie the other day, but somehow let him back in. An opportunity lost to be honest.  ;)
Hope that turns into a national holiday.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: April 9, 2021, 05:01:46 pm »
Ongoing coverage on every channel.  Zip chance of catching other news it appears.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #254 on: April 9, 2021, 05:02:15 pm »
mate txt to say "every Fucking Radio Station full of Phillip!"

How many records did he make!!?
imagine what will happen when the Queen meets her maker. A week of national mourning will be announced.

It's sad for the family that he's gone but from my perspective it's one less sponger clawing money off the state
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #255 on: April 9, 2021, 05:02:57 pm »
Hope that turns into a national holiday.

No. 10 have just announced they’re going to rename Whitsunday to Shitwumday in Samie’s honour.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: April 9, 2021, 05:05:41 pm »
Ongoing coverage on every channel.  Zip chance of catching other news it appears.

Just put BBC2 on hoping to catch Pointless, its the exact same shite that is on BBC1, just fuck off FFS, its just some fucking Royal who has died.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: April 9, 2021, 05:06:30 pm »
Bbc1 schedule shows news special from now until breakfast at 6am tomorrow.

At least ITV is taking a break at 6pm today to show regional news.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2021, 05:08:15 pm by TSC »

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #258 on: April 9, 2021, 05:06:59 pm »
Just put BBC2 on hoping to catch Pointless, its the exact same shite that is on BBC1, just fuck off FFS, its just some fucking Royal who has died.

We’re not even getting a day off for it either, be arsed.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: April 9, 2021, 05:08:12 pm »
The BBC can't win, if they don't do this they will get it in the neck. It maybe a good night for a film.

Online 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #260 on: April 9, 2021, 05:10:09 pm »
Odd feeling this.

I can hardly say I'm gutted, but the guy was a party of the country's cultural furniture.  Whilst I have no doubt he was involved in shady shit that we'll never know about, he may well have also done a lot of good stuff behind the scenes as well.

When my dad died back in 2000, Philip was already the same age Joe Biden is now - and people are always concerned about him being old. I guess it's another loss for that generation.

As much as we love to diss the royal family on here, at least we can say Philip made a far greater contribution to this country and the world than the likes of Donald Trump ever did or will.

Agree there Red.
We can take the piss but he did see active service on the Valiant at Matapan. No coward with bonespurs. Was bombed and then blew the fuck out of three Italian Heavy Cruisers as a Lt
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: April 9, 2021, 05:10:14 pm »
Fucks sake, today's The Chase cancelled. Now I'm sad.

Looks like Pointless has been cancelled as well. But in another way, it looks like it hasn't.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #262 on: April 9, 2021, 05:11:59 pm »
Apologies for all those who have seen Phillips dead and thought out CB crisis had got far far worse
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: April 9, 2021, 05:13:12 pm »
imagine what will happen when the Queen meets her maker. A week of national mourning will be announced.

It's sad for the family that he's gone but from my perspective it's one less sponger clawing money off the state
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: April 9, 2021, 05:17:25 pm »
Just another day to show how completely how out of touch I am with large parts of the culture and population of dog shit island.

Yes it is sad when anyone passes of old age and these days if a cat dies who's owner was once a contestant on countdown it will no doubt get a mention, so a decent bit of coverage was expected. What has surprised me, like others, is the wall to wall coverage, every channel, news station, all radio playing sad songs, seems about 15 light years over the top to me. Just don't get it.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: April 9, 2021, 05:18:19 pm »
Agree there Red.
We can take the piss but he did see active service on the Valiant at Matapan. No coward with bonespurs. Was bombed and then blew the fuck out of three Italian Heavy Cruisers as a Lt

Aye.  And all joking aside, it's a pertinent wake up call for where this country will be heading.  Like it or not, this country is tied to the royal family; and most definitely sooner rather than later, the Queen herself will be shuffling off. When that happens, changes will be coming in some form or another.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #266 on: April 9, 2021, 05:20:20 pm »
The restrictions on people entering & leaving the UK will be relaxed from monday to test whether Fred Flintstone was really married to Wilma.
In honour of his best friend Barney..restrictions on funerals will be limited to 40,000.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #267 on: April 9, 2021, 05:23:49 pm »
Just another day to show how completely how out of touch I am with large parts of the culture and population of dog shit island.

Yes it is sad when anyone passes of old age and these days if a cat dies who's owner was once a contestant on countdown it will no doubt get a mention, so a decent bit of coverage was expected. What has surprised me, like others, is the wall to wall coverage, every channel, news station, all radio playing sad songs, seems about 15 light years over the top to me. Just don't get it.
I know - it was bad enough when Churchill died......this'll go on for weeks.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: April 9, 2021, 05:32:29 pm »
It's days like this I'm glad I don't have a television.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #269 on: April 9, 2021, 05:32:36 pm »
Apologies for all those who have seen Phillips dead and thought out CB crisis had got far far worse

Ahem...

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=347540.msg17690963#msg17690963

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: April 9, 2021, 05:34:32 pm »
The BBC can't win, if they don't do this they will get it in the neck. It maybe a good night for a film.

They've two main channels and all the radio stations, they don't have to cover this on every one.

Gogglebox had better be on later, its part of my Friday night get ready for work routine.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #271 on: April 9, 2021, 05:35:36 pm »
FFS - can't escape this.  Just been on John Lewis website to check something out - and there it is on the main page.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #272 on: April 9, 2021, 05:35:40 pm »
Was it Philip who said he can’t stand that man (Witchell) or was that Charles?  I can’t remember, no-one likes Witchell.
That was Charles

Nicholas Witchell - “can you tell us how you feel about your father’s upcoming marriage to Camilla Parker-Bowles”

William - “very happy”

Charlie - “These bloody people. I can't bear that man. I mean, he's so awful, he really is”

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #273 on: April 9, 2021, 05:37:10 pm »
They've two main channels and all the radio stations, they don't have to cover this on every one.

Gogglebox had better be on later, its part of my Friday night get ready for work routine.
Yes love Gogglebox, hadn't even thought of that!! :(

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: April 9, 2021, 05:37:38 pm »
Agree there Red.

Even if individual people don't actively mourn, and I wouldn't expect them to (I'm not), at least we should respect the passing of another WWII veteran. One who had no particular reason to fight for us either, yet who did anyway and distinguished himself. I have vastly more liberal views than him, but I can't say that I've done more to make the world a better place than he did, even if you take away all the opportunities he had as a royal to do so.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: April 9, 2021, 05:39:13 pm »
Apparently Ch4 was going to change its schedule but after viewer pushback it has reverted to its original, except for its news slot at 7 which will as expected now focus on Philip.

Continuous coverage only on BBC it appears. 

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #276 on: April 9, 2021, 05:40:06 pm »
Only the US Masters on the telly. Suits me

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: April 9, 2021, 05:46:32 pm »

I can't keep up with how many channels they have at the moment. Like I said, it will be a film tonight or a series for me just to keep away from it all.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: April 9, 2021, 05:46:33 pm »
So just the 10 BBC radio stations and 3 BBC tv stations paying tribute.

Because we're all imbeciles who aren't capable of finding the news channels if that's what we actually want to watch/listen to... It's infuriating.

I have 6music on as background noise while I'm working from home. No disrespect to the old racist bastard, but my deadlines aren't going away just because he has died - I haven't got time to stop and listen to the tributes whether I'm a royalist or not. Just put some fucking music on, you sods!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: April 9, 2021, 05:49:20 pm »

Maybe they can stick on more programmes reminding us of how the pandemic started and went last year? They haven’t shown that enough.