Author Topic: Merseyrail - now with added 777  (Read 55690 times)

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
Re: Merseyrail - now with added 777
« Reply #520 on: May 9, 2023, 05:33:52 pm »
They will be. Platforms on the network are being extended. I think the ends of 8 car trains might overhang the platforms, which is why they only have one set of doors each side.

They have signs on all platforms showing where the 8 carriages will stop
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: June 26, 2023, 12:04:50 pm »
Thought this video on the potential future of the network was interesting. Nothing really new, but it does condense everything known into a convenient packet.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ykVdCGUlfRM&amp;ab_channel=RailFocus" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ykVdCGUlfRM&amp;ab_channel=RailFocus</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #522 on: July 20, 2023, 04:04:03 pm »
What the hell is going on in Merseyrail today. Got to the station platform at Hamilton Square to find the whole platform is closed. They then have to arrange for loads of people to get off the platform and onto waiting buses. No announcement was made at anytime!
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #523 on: July 20, 2023, 04:18:16 pm »
What the hell is going on in Merseyrail today. Got to the station platform at Hamilton Square to find the whole platform is closed. They then have to arrange for loads of people to get off the platform and onto waiting buses. No announcement was made at anytime!

They have rushed the new trains out on the Wirral line for the golf and I'm guessing they have fucked the track up.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #524 on: July 20, 2023, 05:54:42 pm »
They have rushed the new trains out on the Wirral line for the golf and I'm guessing they have fucked the track up.

Eventually home now, I left at 15.45!
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: July 21, 2023, 11:17:02 am »

Idiots. The original plan was to bring them in on the Wirral line in one fell swoop anyway. Instead they've been dropped into service piecemeal. The website doesn't even have a timetable to phase them in that I've been able to find.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #526 on: July 27, 2023, 01:21:22 pm »
The new 777s are being rolled out on the West Kirby & New Brighton lines from Monday.

Timetable changes

These changes come into force on Monday, July 31, and are as follows:

West Kirby - From Monday to Friday, five trains from West Kirkby to Moorfields will be cancelled (0921, 1036, 1221, 1336 and 1451).

Five trains from Moorfields to West Kirkby will be cancelled (0951, 1106, 1251, 1406 and 1521).

On Saturday, three trains from West Kirby will be cancelled (0851, 1006, 1121). Three trains from Moorfields to West Kirby will be cancelled (0921, 1036, 1151). There are no cancellations on Sundays.

New Brighton - From Monday to Friday, seven trains from New Brighton to Moorfields will be cancelled (0923, 1023, 1123, 1238, 1338, 1438, 1538). Seven trains from Moorfields to New Brighton will be cancelled (0946, 1046, 1146, 1301, 1401, 1501 and 1601).

On Saturday, four trains from New Brighton to Moorfields will be cancelled (1238, 1338, 1438, 1538) and four trains from Moorfields to New Brighton will be cancelled (1301, 1401, 1501, 1601). There are no cancellations on Sundays.
#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: July 27, 2023, 01:39:45 pm »
Why are there cancellations? Are they running empty 777s in those timeslots for training, or are they worried about the network breaking down again?

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #528 on: July 27, 2023, 01:51:42 pm »
Why are there cancellations? Are they running empty 777s in those timeslots for training, or are they worried about the network breaking down again?

Not sure but it was the same when the 777s were phased in on the Kirkby/Ormskirk lines, with cancellations to some existing services.
#Sausages

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: July 27, 2023, 01:58:33 pm »
There are some cancellations due from Monday to get the 777's on the West Kirkby and New Brighton lines

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/merseyrail-announce-timetable-changes-new-27406003

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: August 18, 2023, 04:58:06 pm »
Timetable is changing again on Monday

https://www.merseyrail.org/journey-planning/plan-your-journey/temporary-timetable-changes-for-new-brighton-and-west-kirby-lines-from-monday-21-august/

Some of the previously cancelled services are being reinstated, whilst others are being cancelled in their place.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #531 on: August 21, 2023, 06:32:16 pm »
When are the last of the 507/508s due to be withdrawn now? Are any being preserved?
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #532 on: August 21, 2023, 08:20:11 pm »
The new 777s started service on New Brighton & West Kirby lines today, however the 17.51 from West Kirby was cancelled because of a fault with the train.
#Sausages

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #533 on: August 22, 2023, 10:49:28 am »
Absolute joke that these aren't fully in yet.

I remember in 2019 being told they would all be in by the end of 2020!

Absolute shambles.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #534 on: August 22, 2023, 01:26:35 pm »
The roll out of the new 777s have been really shambolic, first their was the row with the unions over the use of guards [which was only settled last January] & the introduction itself were the new trains have not gone through a day without developing a fault somewhere.

The only train introduction as shambolic as the 777s, has been the introduction of the new 230 [ex London Underground D stock, converted to battery trains] on the Bidston-Wrexham line, they're constantly late, & don't manage half a day in service before having to go back to the depot to charge up again, plus other faults.
#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: August 22, 2023, 03:52:30 pm »
When are the last of the 507/508s due to be withdrawn now? Are any being preserved?

I think a couple of units will be earmarked for preservation. Dunno which ones though. A fair number have already been scrapped.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: August 22, 2023, 04:13:10 pm »
Cancellations to services between Hunts Cross and Southport

Due to a person being hit by a train at Freshfield the Southport and Hunts Cross line is disrupted. Disruption is expected until 17:45 22/08.

https://www.merseyrail.org/service-updates/

:(

Popcorn's Art

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #537 on: August 23, 2023, 10:32:58 am »
I'm back in Liverpool visiting, and took the train for the first time here in eight months. It cost me £4 for a single ticket to go three stops. That's an outrageous fare. When did the train get so expensive?! And it's about £4.30 for a return which makes zero sense.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: August 23, 2023, 10:47:05 am »
I think most people travelling outside peak hours use an all day bus/rail saveaway?

I've got a disabled rail card but I almost never use it on the network. (they're a lot easier to get hold of than a mersey travel disabled pass mind)

Popcorn's Art

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #539 on: August 23, 2023, 10:59:20 am »
I'm back in Liverpool visiting, and took the train for the first time here in eight months. It cost me £4 for a single ticket to go three stops. That's an outrageous fare. When did the train get so expensive?! And it's about £4.30 for a return which makes zero sense.

But with a Mersey Rail day saver you can go from Chester to Southport and back for £5.95.

And back.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #540 on: August 23, 2023, 12:05:52 pm »
Yeah never ever get a single and never get a return

I used to go on their site and just get a daysaver for everything. Some restrictions for peak hours but otherwise it's sound

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: August 23, 2023, 01:07:15 pm »
Rail pass for work commute

If im going the match I get a saveaway as that gets me on the soccerbus and then the 917 back to town

If I'm going to Chester or Southport on the weekend then daysaver

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #542 on: August 23, 2023, 02:15:37 pm »
But with a Mersey Rail day saver you can go from Chester to Southport and back for £5.95.

And back.

Or buy a all area saveaway £6, valid on all normal bus services in Merseyside, & the ferry, as well as the trains.

Rather annoying the Merseyrail day saver has same morning peak restrictions as the saveaway, which makes the day saver pointless, as the all area saveaway has same vadillity but valid on buses & the ferry, at only 5p more.

#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: August 23, 2023, 05:44:40 pm »
Oddly enough I got the train to New Brighton today on a saveaway, and decided to walk to Seacombe and get the ferry back to Liverpool. Not been on the ferry in years. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #544 on: August 23, 2023, 06:03:24 pm »
Oddly enough I got the train to New Brighton today on a saveaway, and decided to walk to Seacombe and get the ferry back to Liverpool. Not been on the ferry in years. :)

I went on the ferry back in May, when they had the stages up for Eurovision at the Pier Head, only operates Seacombe-Liverpool now, Woodside was abandoned a couple of years ago, shame feel bus connections are better from Woodside than Seacombe.
#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: August 23, 2023, 06:11:47 pm »
I went on the ferry back in May, when they had the stages up for Eurovision at the Pier Head, only operates Seacombe-Liverpool now, Woodside was abandoned a couple of years ago, shame feel bus connections are better from Woodside than Seacombe.

With only one ferry running and being geared more for tourism than transport, I guess one of either Woodside or Seacombe had to go. Maybe it's because Woodside has good bus links that it got the chop? Seacombe has Space Port for the kids and New Brighton is barely an hour on foot.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #546 on: August 25, 2023, 09:56:28 pm »
So week 1 of the new 777s running on the West Kirby & New Brighton lines & their's been disruption every day due to the 777s developing a fault, this morning the 777 didn't make the first round trip on the West Kirby line [the 07.51 departure], & was terminated on the return leg at Meols, problems started at James Street were it departed 8 minutes late.
#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: August 25, 2023, 10:30:51 pm »
If they're running 777s on New Brighton and West Kirby, it must only be the one train apiece, and probably because they keep breaking down. You would think after three years of preparation, they'd have this nailed down by now.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: September 8, 2023, 06:17:13 pm »
Just got off one of the new trains from lime St to Bidston. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised.feel very spacious.and great air con which worked! Essential in this heat 😂sadly now stuck on a transport for Wales train to caergwle which is far less pleasant.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #549 on: September 10, 2023, 09:31:21 pm »
Went out for the day today, timed to get the 9.37am from Moorfields to Kirkby only for the train to be canceled at Liverpool Central due to a fault, & it was the new 777. :butt

#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: September 11, 2023, 07:53:41 pm »
Two more off to the knackers yard.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sq3Dsv_cCJQ&amp;ab_channel=CW" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sq3Dsv_cCJQ&amp;ab_channel=CW</a>

I noticed six of the new trains parked up on sidings outside of Southport station. There's not a lot of room for them and the old trains. Whatever issues they're having with the new trains they better sort them because for every new train they get they have to cart off an old one.

Popcorn's Art

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #551 on: September 12, 2023, 10:15:56 pm »
Went out for the day today, timed to get the 9.37am from Moorfields to Kirkby only for the train to be canceled at Liverpool Central due to a fault, & it was the new 777. :butt

Have they announced when/if the Kirkby line is going back to a 15 min service? Pain in the arse when there’s a cancellation (which seems more common on the new trains) and you have to wait 30 mins.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #552 on: September 12, 2023, 10:37:40 pm »
Have they announced when/if the Kirkby line is going back to a 15 min service? Pain in the arse when there’s a cancellation (which seems more common on the new trains) and you have to wait 30 mins.

No, & i think the Kirkby line will be back to 15 min service, when the new extension to/from Headbolt Lane is open, test trains are already running through Kirkby to Headbolt Lane.
#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: September 13, 2023, 01:55:41 pm »
I saw that the route signs at Central have been updated to show Headbolt Lane although it's covered with tape right now. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #554 on: October 4, 2023, 09:03:57 am »
Headbolt Lane is up & running from tomorrow, first services depart 5.39am.

Merseyrail are operating an hourly service once Headbolt Lane opens due to the car park not being ready, however don't plan on making any connections, as the trains from Manchester & Wigan arrive xx38, trains to Liverpool Central depart xx39, although you can make the connection in the other direction.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2023, 09:40:06 am by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: October 4, 2023, 10:11:03 am »
Headbolt Lane is up & running from tomorrow, first services depart 5.39am.

Merseyrail are operating an hourly service once Headbolt Lane opens due to the car park not being ready, however don't plan on making any connections, as the trains from Manchester & Wigan arrive xx38, trains to Liverpool Central depart xx39, although you can make the connection in the other direction.

I take it trains are still going to Kirkby every 15 minutes, but only one of them per hour is continuing on to Headbolt Lane?

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #556 on: October 4, 2023, 01:58:56 pm »
I take it trains are still going to Kirkby every 15 minutes, but only one of them per hour is continuing on to Headbolt Lane?

Still every 30 to Kirkby, as they're still testing trains for the time being.
#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: October 4, 2023, 03:50:36 pm »
Still every 30 to Kirkby, as they're still testing trains for the time being.

Ffs, how long do they need?

Popcorn's Art

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #558 on: October 4, 2023, 04:42:54 pm »
Still no news of the new trains on the Southport line.........

What excuse will they through out next
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: October 5, 2023, 10:15:11 am »
The new trains need to be run in before they can be handed over, they have to do 500 miles on the network; plus driver training, plus keeping the network running.

There's not enough room on the network to keep both sets of trains. I guess they're in a rotational cycle - new trains are delivered, placed on sidings; new trains that have been run in go live on the network,  and old stock is then scrapped.  Then new trains are brought up, and the stored trains start being run in - the cycle begins again.

It's frustratingly slow, so it's little wonder they're leaving Southport-Hunts Cross till last. They will want as many new trains and drivers ready to go as possible.

I can't believe this was the original plan. That said, the PR department is clearly full of shit.

Popcorn's Art