Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions  (Read 139591 times)

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
Re: Unpopular Opinions
« Reply #1160 on: August 23, 2022, 01:57:20 pm »
Marriage is just about -  FOR - you and who you marry, you need not the church or government in on your love

But I don't think marriage matters to people outside it apart from friends and family

Me and my partner don't want to get married - don't see the point, what we have is ours, she doesn't want it, I don't care to do it, we get asked by squares if it's happening - no, no plans to

But I am (we both are) products of happy marriages

I suspect marriage itself is simply what the participants themselves make of it

quote of the week just for saying 'squares'  :wave
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1161 on: August 23, 2022, 01:59:03 pm »
quote of the week just for saying 'squares'  :wave
Tone La is deffo hip to the beat, man.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1162 on: August 23, 2022, 06:45:18 pm »
Them squares be holding us hep cats down man - be hip to it!

Free love!

Within the confined boundaries of consent and interpersonal responsibility of course

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1163 on: August 23, 2022, 09:42:23 pm »
With how society has progressed and the fact it no longer (for the most part) looks down upon the unmarried/living in sin/bastard children etc your main reason if you aren't religious to get married is from an Income Tax and IHT perspective so not exactly a sexy or glamourous history/reason for it.

You're so romantic Ian  :-*
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #1164 on: August 23, 2022, 10:27:21 pm »
You're so romantic Ian  :-*

What is more romantic than restructuring a friend's business so that both he and his wife to be can extract funds via dividends at a lower tax rate therefore allowing them to afford something closer to their dream wedding.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1165 on: August 23, 2022, 10:29:45 pm »
What is more romantic than restructuring a friend's business so that both he and his wife to be can extract funds via dividends at a lower tax rate therefore allowing them to afford something closer to their dream wedding.

This sounds like the plot of the next Disney princess movie  ;D

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #1166 on: August 23, 2022, 10:34:39 pm »
This sounds like the plot of the next Disney princess movie  ;D

Am I in the SJP role of being too absorbed in my work to find love but, by chance, my work brings about an opportunity for eternal happiness?

Maybe I meet someone at the wedding who is really into preparing LLP accounts

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1167 on: August 23, 2022, 10:39:12 pm »
Them squares be holding us hep cats down man - be hip to it!

Free love!

Within the confined boundaries of consent and interpersonal responsibility of course

And with an intimacy coordinator in close attendance.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1168 on: August 24, 2022, 08:47:41 am »
English food is fucking shittttt man

What even is our food? Do we have a national cuisine? Pie and mash? Fish and chips? Roast dinners? Cornish pasties?

Weak as fuck
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 08:50:54 am by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1169 on: August 24, 2022, 08:55:33 am »
English food has been brought over the coals before

.... Which woukd significantly improve the flavour of most English food

Anyway,

AMERICANS DO DECENT SANDWICHES BETTER THAN US

Urg I feel doity

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1170 on: August 24, 2022, 09:26:03 am »
Brown sauce
Marmite
Cheese and Onion Crisps
Sprouts

All minging
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1171 on: August 24, 2022, 09:26:50 am »
Brown sauce
Marmite
Cheese and Onion Crisps
Sprouts

All minging

Does sound like a rubbish sandwich to be fair.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1172 on: August 24, 2022, 09:26:53 am »

What even is our food? Do we have a national cuisine? Pie and mash? Fish and chips? Roast dinners? Cornish pasties?

Weak as fuck

Roast dinners done well are awesome

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1173 on: August 24, 2022, 10:08:22 am »

Weak as fuck

Ploughman's Lunch
Scotch Eggs
Chicken Tikka Masala
Beef Wellington
Eton Mess
Trifle
Crisps
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1174 on: August 24, 2022, 10:46:12 am »
Ploughman's Lunch
Scotch Eggs
Chicken Tikka Masala
Beef Wellington
Eton Mess
Trifle
Crisps

I'll see you and raise you Scouse, Fish and Chips, Steak Pie and Chips, Yorkshire Pudding, English Pancakes, Shepherd’s Pie, Trifle, Full English Breakfast, Toad in the Hole, Lancashire Hot Pot, Bubble and Squeak, English tea sandwiches

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1175 on: August 24, 2022, 10:51:41 am »
English food is like all cuisine - when mass produced or done with low level ingredients by companies or restaurant chains that don't give one, it's shite.

When done well, by someone who knows how to handle the ingredients, prepared to a high standard, it's amazing. All cuisines when cooked with good ingredients, freshly prepared, by someone who knows what they're doing are great. There isn't a single bad cuisine in my eyes (that I've tried). Yes I have preferences and English is not my favourite, but how satisfying is a great roast dinner, or a sublime steak and ale pie? Even fish and chips when done well are a filling, comforting food.

French is probably my least favourite cuisine but I've had good French meals before.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1176 on: August 24, 2022, 10:53:23 am »
English food is like all cuisine - when mass produced or done with low level ingredients by companies or restaurant chains that don't give one, it's shite.

When done well, by someone who knows how to handle the ingredients, prepared to a high standard, it's amazing. All cuisines when cooked with good ingredients, freshly prepared, by someone who knows what they're doing are great. There isn't a single bad cuisine in my eyes (that I've tried). Yes I have preferences and English is not my favourite, but how satisfying is a great roast dinner, or a sublime steak and ale pie? Even fish and chips when done well are a filling, comforting food.

French is probably my least favourite cuisine but I've had good French meals before.

French and Italian meals generally are disgusting

French especially, but Italian swarming with oil - urgh.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1177 on: August 24, 2022, 10:54:54 am »

Stand back while the replies flood in! I’ll let others defend Italian food (I do like it).

I know you like a curry, are some of them not very oily at times?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1178 on: August 24, 2022, 10:57:06 am »

Italian done well is phenomenal. If it's too oily it's not gonna be good, but I've been some good Italian restaurants in England and some amazing ones in Italy and never thought the food there was overly oily.

Falls into the same caveat I said before, done well, prepared properly, all cuisines have good food.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1179 on: August 24, 2022, 12:00:18 pm »
Anyone that thinks Italian cuisine is bad is fucking wrong in the head.

I'm talking about you Andy.

DS you're a high quality poster but you're talking absolute nonsense there mate. I'm Nigel fucking Frottage but English "cuisine" is weak as shit. Sitting on the grey omnibus eating grey sludge. To even put it in the same ballpark as Italian, Spanish, literally any Asian country is a completely wrong-headed opinion, and I will fight anyone who thinks otherwise.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 12:07:17 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1180 on: August 24, 2022, 12:14:01 pm »
Anyone that thinks Italian cuisine is bad is fucking wrong in the head.

I'm talking about you Andy.

DS you're a high quality poster but you're talking absolute nonsense there mate. I'm Nigel fucking Frottage but English "cuisine" is weak as shit. Sitting on the grey omnibus eating grey sludge. To even put it in the same ballpark as Italian, Spanish, literally any Asian country is a completely wrong-headed opinion, and I will fight anyone who thinks otherwise.
Let's brawl  ;)

I prefer literally every other cuisine you've listed, including Mexican but I still think there's something so satisfying to a good English dish. It's perhaps nostalgia. I grew up with pie, scouse, sausage and mash all cooked by my Grandma who is/was very good with traditional recipes but unwilling to try cooking anything not English.

There's a pub near me that does cracking pie and fish and chips.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1181 on: August 24, 2022, 12:43:18 pm »
I'll see you and raise you Scouse, Fish and Chips, Steak Pie and Chips, Yorkshire Pudding, English Pancakes, Shepherd’s Pie, Trifle, Full English Breakfast, Toad in the Hole, Lancashire Hot Pot, Bubble and Squeak, English tea sandwiches

Scouse or lobscaws isnt English, its Welsh. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: August 24, 2022, 12:58:52 pm »
English cuisine is indeed shite, all bland and flavourless.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1183 on: August 24, 2022, 01:09:31 pm »
The issue with comparing your own national cuisine to other countries is you are likely to an extent comparing the sort of bog standard day to day dishes using basic ingredients, with restaurant quality food for other cuisines. It's not really a like for like comparison.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1184 on: August 24, 2022, 01:12:19 pm »
The issue with comparing your own national cuisine to other countries is you are likely to an extent comparing the sort of bog standard day to day dishes using basic ingredients, with restaurant quality food for other cuisines. It's not really a like for like comparison.

Good point.

Beans on toast is better than any pasta dish

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1185 on: August 24, 2022, 01:52:40 pm »
Say what you like about Dom Joly, but the Trigger Happy soundtracks are amongst the best compliation albums ever released.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigger_Happy_TV#Soundtrack
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1186 on: August 24, 2022, 02:09:45 pm »
England more or less invented the modern sandwich and roast dinner, it's just that those things have become so ubiquitous people forget their origin. Plus chicken tikka, fish and chips and ketchup. There's a definite wholesome flavour to English cooking that's more or less unique, if everything you've eaten is bland and stodgy that's on you and where you eat. Most Chinese food for example is greasy, MSG-laden garbage but that's a product of economic reality rather than an indictment of Chinese cuisine in general.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1187 on: August 24, 2022, 02:17:15 pm »

ok now do bubble and squeak.  :)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1188 on: August 24, 2022, 03:40:30 pm »
I dare anyone to say that there is food better than a sausage butty lashed in ketchup**

**Except Curry, of course.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1189 on: August 24, 2022, 03:50:04 pm »
I dare anyone to say that there is food better than a sausage butty lashed in ketchup**

**Except Curry, of course.

How about a, Sausage, bacon & egg on toast or batch[toast the batch for 30 seconds too], lashed in HP brown sauce :lickin

Agree with curry, :lickin although i haven't had a takeaway curry for a couple of years.
#Sausages

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1190 on: August 24, 2022, 04:05:21 pm »
England more or less invented the modern sandwich and roast dinner, it's just that those things have become so ubiquitous people forget their origin. Plus chicken tikka, fish and chips and ketchup. There's a definite wholesome flavour to English cooking that's more or less unique, if everything you've eaten is bland and stodgy that's on you and where you eat. Most Chinese food for example is greasy, MSG-laden garbage but that's a product of economic reality rather than an indictment of Chinese cuisine in general.

Chicken Tikka is Scottish, invented in a restaurant in Glasgow.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1191 on: August 24, 2022, 04:15:48 pm »
Sausages are overrated.

The idea of them always appeals more than eating them.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1192 on: August 24, 2022, 04:23:52 pm »
A good sausage with the right thickness and blend of herbs and level of meatiness (a sausage can have too much meat in it) is a joy. The local butchers near me does a Plum and Ginger Sausage that I am confident is the finest sausage on the planet.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1193 on: August 24, 2022, 04:31:45 pm »
A good sausage with the right thickness and blend of herbs and level of meatiness (a sausage can have too much meat in it) is a joy. The local butchers near me does a Plum and Ginger Sausage that I am confident is the finest sausage on the planet.

Agreed, sausage needs the right blend of meat, herbs & spices, pork shoulder is one of the best to use for making sausages, because the fat makes half of the flavour.
#Sausages

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #1194 on: August 24, 2022, 05:39:21 pm »
Drag artists look scary.

I never liked the Ugly Sisters when I was a kid at the panto either.

And I just don't get all this love for drag - am I in the minority?

Trans people are a totally different thing altogether OBVIOUSLY so I support those people - but drag? Scary!

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1195 on: August 24, 2022, 06:01:04 pm »
I like a nice hot battered sausage.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1196 on: August 24, 2022, 06:22:22 pm »

I've had all manner of sausages, from the cheapest of the cheap through 'specially selected' supermarket ones to ones from various butchers. Had them fried, roasted, grilled, BBQ'd.

They're all generally OK, but I don't particularly go "Wow! That is great!" like I would a good steak or other such piece of actual meat.

The one that came closest was from Edwards of Conway, and was their lamb and leek. Very good. Got some 3 or 4 times when passing, then they stopped making that variety, and just did lamb and mint, which isn't good. I've boycotted the place ever since (seriously)

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1197 on: August 24, 2022, 06:37:56 pm »
Scouse or lobscaws isnt English, its Welsh.

Lobskaus is Norwegian.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1198 on: August 24, 2022, 06:48:33 pm »

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #1199 on: August 24, 2022, 09:01:55 pm »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same