Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 vs 2 Everton Richarlison ‘3 Sighurdson pen. 93’  (Read 49447 times)

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 vs 2 Everton Richarlison ‘3 Sighurdson pen. 93’
« Reply #520 on: February 20, 2021, 08:05:07 pm »
Chris Kavanagh, is that you?

No it’s David Coote just come on to say “well done Chris, I’m proud of you and the rest of our PGMOL colleagues. Keep up the good work”

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #521 on: February 20, 2021, 08:05:20 pm »
I prefer to wait and see, I never thought we'd win the Champions League Istanbul the first time.  :D

Would love nothing more than a champions league trophy this year to put this horrible season behind us but just the way we've played since January has just been a painful watch and it's not like we're even trying anything new. It's just rinse and repeat on a weekly basis now

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #522 on: February 20, 2021, 08:05:56 pm »
No but they had a big defensive injury. Their attack never went to shit either. What's the excuse for our front 3 looking frequently abject? You can't put that on no centre backs, not having it.
When you lose the spine of your team through injuries or those ‘spine’ players playing out of position, it radiates around the whole team and creates uncertainty, hesitation and a lack of confidence.  If this just drops off 5 or 10 %. It can turn a phenomenal team into a bang average team

Offline Cozzymoto

• Main Stander
« Reply #523 on: February 20, 2021, 08:05:59 pm »
Would you take Steve G at this point? He’s odds on

What are you smoking? Might need to lay off it for a while ...

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #524 on: February 20, 2021, 08:06:01 pm »
Fuck em, we'll be back

Highlight for me? Seeing VvD jog up the steps to his seat

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #525 on: February 20, 2021, 08:06:05 pm »

Be serious.
#JFT97

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: February 20, 2021, 08:06:08 pm »
The thing is Jill, the ones who got injured were two players who played and played despite having muscle injuries this season. Klopp has said players have been rushed back.

We have had plenty of horrendous luck but the injuries to Fabinho and Henderson go back to decisions we made. We fucked this up big time.
Bringing in two top center backs at the start of the window would have seen them settled by now and would have definitely seen more rotation in midfield, from what we are reading and hearing they where available but the club dragged its arse and is now paying a hearty price .

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #527 on: February 20, 2021, 08:06:29 pm »
Not the reason we lost but what happened with Chris Kavanagh when he went over to the monitor? It genuinely looked like he didn’t even watch the replays. In fact it looked as if he just seen the regular view that we all see and walked off.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #528 on: February 20, 2021, 08:06:30 pm »
The thing is Jill, the ones who got injured were two players who played and played despite having muscle injuries this season. Klopp has said players have been rushed back.

We have had plenty of horrendous luck but the injuries to Fabinho and Henderson go back to decisions we made. We fucked this up big time.

No one is arguing about the fact that we should have signed players earlier, but I still think it would have made little difference, and no guarantee we still wouldn't have lost them. This season just seems to be a utter abject disaster of circumstances with nothing going right for us, right from the start. I just don't know how you stop that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: February 20, 2021, 08:06:42 pm »
This is from the Manchester Guardian 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2021/feb/20/liverpool-v-everton-premier-league-live?page=with:block-603161ba8f08bdbed283cab2

85 min “It felt like this period would be defined by Liverpool,” says Andrew Hurley, “but City will shortly have won three of the last four Premier Leagues. The point was well-made about Klopp driving his players into the ground, but isn’t his mentality also to blame, constantly looking to be the victim/complaining in the first half of the season. This can’t transmit anything but negatively to his team. And, Thiago - he is literally the opposite of how Liverpool played the past four years, I never understood it.”

Siege mentalities can be extremely effective, but I agree that you have to be really careful not to let it tip over into defeatism. It can be healthy to think it’s you against the world. But it’s dangerous if you think the world is against you.

thats a load of nonsense. we never had a siege mentality until we started getting fucked over every week by decisions and the media hounding the manager.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: February 20, 2021, 08:06:52 pm »
Man City didn't have the injuries we've had this season though did they?

It pissed me off when anyone makes this comparson to City last season. They had two bad injuries all season. Good players, sure, but for fucks sake it's a drop in the ocean compared to what's gone on with us. It's not just idiots making this comparison either - a lot of people who should know better seem to be spouting this "ah, it's Liverpool's turn to have a bit of bad luck" bollocks too.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #531 on: February 20, 2021, 08:06:54 pm »
Bringing in two top center backs at the start of the window would have seen them settled by now and would have definitely seen more rotation in midfield, from what we are reading and hearing they where available but the club dragged its arse and is now paying a hearty price .

What top two CBs were available?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Razors Razor

• Sworn enemy of Occam's Occam.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #532 on: February 20, 2021, 08:07:04 pm »

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #533 on: February 20, 2021, 08:07:15 pm »
We are not terrible but confidence is lacking. I think Jota actually makes a huge difference.
Look at the chances, Bobby had 2 really really good opportunities, Mo has one and a last gasp tackle takes it away from Sadio. That is just the way it's going currently.
Yes, we need to up the tempo but there are signs a couple are coming back into a bit of form.
Bobby or Mo put there chances away and for me we go onto win it. The momentum would have been with us.
I think Jota may well have put away Bobby's chances and then it's a whole different game.
On the ref, the refereeing standard has been awful. We have had 2 penalties given against us in the last few weeks and neither are. Take the Burnley one a few weeks ago. Minimal contact between Barnes and Alisson and even if there is the ball is already in the stand. How many games of football do you watch where a play smashes it wide, defender then takes him out and ref gives a penno? You don't, do you. So what is the difference. Same thing happens wlyo Sadio earlier in that game, no talk of a penalty and quite rightly so.
Today, the ref doesn't even look at it for more than 1 angle. Ask yourself, VAR was brought in to rectify clear and obvious errors, wrongly it normally takes them 4-5 mins to decide whether it was clearly and obviously wrong (a farce in itself) but if that is what they do it then so be it. The guy in Stockley Park looks at it for a couple of mins, identifies reasons that need closer examination and the ref reviews it for all of what, 4 seconds?
The reffing is just terrible on every measurable metric.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #534 on: February 20, 2021, 08:07:22 pm »
The penalty decision is horrendous, but Salah and Mane should both have been booked for diving today too. I genuinely wouldn’t have complained on either occasion.

Calvert-Lewin got a pen a few years ago for going down in the same way Mane did after getting an arm in the back. Mane and Salah get judged differently to everyone else. Clear as day.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #535 on: February 20, 2021, 08:07:47 pm »
I think things are a bit fucked for us this season. So with that in mind I hope Klopp criticises the refs every game he possibly can. No doubt Ferguson would have run onto the pitch at full time to speak to the ref. Maybe klopp needs to be doing the same because how is it a foul if calvert lewin runs into the head of trent. Can't believe that decision. That was mental.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Wengerpresser101

• 8 posts in, could be RAWK’s greatest ever contributor. 248 posts in, the jury's still out......It's a fax he's a dickhead. Still the Greatest Fan of L...sorry...AFC there's EVER been!
  • Kopite
« Reply #536 on: February 20, 2021, 08:07:58 pm »
He'd provide more spark in our midfield. Long shots would still be potent.

As a manager tho, no. Lots of the decisions have been stupid from the top (FSG), like not wanting to buy a defender until Matip got injured. Or not wanting to strengthen the squad depth at the top, which would have resulted in us having less injuries to first team players like Fabinho or Henderson this season.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #537 on: February 20, 2021, 08:07:58 pm »
But there are excuses.

Our injuries.

In our starting line up, with every player in the squad fit, who would be our best 11?

IMO, the only  players missing from injury that would usually play are VVD, Fab & Gomez. Hendo could have started in midfield today and we would have started with arguably our 2nd best midfield trio, our 1st choice keeper, our first choice RB & LB and our best front 3.

So we're really just missing 2 CB's today....but we started with 2 on the bench. Why not start with Davies and Kabak? Or Kabak & Philips? OIf Davies isnt good enough to start ahead of Philips, who wasnt even good enough to start ahead of a midfielder before we signed them, why did we even bother signing the poor lad? Was it just a PR stunt becasue of the pressure the owners were under?

And yet, Everton made 3 big changes, leaving DCL & Sigurdsson on the bench. Yet they seem to have a game plan and are able to execute it?

All I hear every game is excuses and it's tedious. We lost convincing...at home....against Everton! 

Everton ffs!
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #538 on: February 20, 2021, 08:08:02 pm »
Not the reason we lost but what happened with Chris Kavanagh when he went over to the monitor? It genuinely looked like he didn’t even watch the replays. In fact it looked as if he just seen the regular view that we all see and walked off.

He didn't, he had no intention of changing his mind so basically barely looked at it at all. That being the case, he should immediately be sacked from refereeing anymore games this season. He won't be though.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: February 20, 2021, 08:08:04 pm »

Give your head a wobble. ::)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: February 20, 2021, 08:08:07 pm »
No one is arguing about the fact that we should have signed players earlier, but I still think it would have made little difference, and no guarantee we still wouldn't have lost them. This season just seems to be a utter abject disaster of circumstances with nothing going right for us, right from the start. I just don't know how you stop that.

Nothing is a guarantee. But what is guaranteed is the risk we took. Last week we rushed Fabinho to get back to play Man City simply because we had no settled defenders. He then gets injured again because he was rushed back.

Offline dramared

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #541 on: February 20, 2021, 08:08:33 pm »
Great first goal from them, perfect through ball and finish.
After that we are predicatable and are struggling.
We need some luck but the ref's and VAR are going the other way.
I am not even sure if we didnt concede that 2nd goal that we get back in the game but atleast give us a chance.
They seem to be kicking us whilst we are down.

VAR rightly challenges the ref, ref does not even payany attention to the serious challenge and goes with his decision.
Its things like this that start to make VAR worst than ref errors without VAR.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: February 20, 2021, 08:08:37 pm »
thats a load of nonsense. we never had a siege mentality until we started getting fucked over every week by decisions and the media hounding the manager.

Despite being a massive United fan, Rob Smyth is normally one of the writers who's actually pretty kind to us too.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgεrden Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: February 20, 2021, 08:08:54 pm »

If we sacked Klopp this year and brought in anyone, even Gerrard, I'd give my season ticket up and never follow football again.

Klopp won the league after 30 years. By far the best manager we have while I have been alive. He is a living legend. If he got sacked over this, I would be done, as I know my club is no better than the likes of  Chelsea then. I would feel betrayed as a fan and ashamed for the club.

So no I wouldn't take Stevie G.

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: February 20, 2021, 08:09:08 pm »
But there are excuses.

Our injuries.

Sorry, but the injuries can't be an excuse for players not showing enough desire and urgency in a derby. These are all well paid professionals, playing for one of the greatest clubs in the World, and they must do better when called upon. We have never looked like winning tonight. Fuck it, it was Everton's manager who has made attacking substitutions first, even though his original plan was working perfectly. As much as we love Klopp for all the joy he has brought us, it is fair to say that he is being outsmarted by opposition managers game after game. The worst thing is, this situation will only give more fuel to the bitching and moaning drama queens in our fan base on the internet, and Klopp and the players will be put under even more abuse. It is time for Klopp to make some serious changes, about tactics and about team selection. The opposition managers have obviously found the way to neutralize us in the league, especially at home, and the problem won't just go away ...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 08:10:46 pm by PeterTheRed »

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #545 on: February 20, 2021, 08:09:13 pm »
Feck off

This, only with a u rather than an e.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: February 20, 2021, 08:09:20 pm »
I think things are a bit fucked for us this season. So with that in mind I hope Klopp criticises the refs every game he possibly can. No doubt Ferguson would have run onto the pitch at full time to speak to the ref. Maybe klopp needs to be doing the same because how is it a foul if calvert lewin runs into the head of trent. Can't believe that decision. That was mental.

The ref is from Manchester - not suprised at all.

Offline StigenKeegan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #547 on: February 20, 2021, 08:09:23 pm »
We did

Ah ok.... Well...We do look fragile, but I wouldn't give Carlo any credit for that. First goal is a 20 year old CB on loan from the worst club in the BL, new in the league, new to the team, making a mistake. Then we get to see our 17th!!!!! CB partnership of the season!!! (We almost got a 50% CB partnerships to league points ratio at this moment...) It's just madness. Even Sheffield United when they were at 5p probably didn't have a 50% ration there... In fact if we switched our points for CB pairings we'd still be in 18th place in the league well ahead of WB and SU..... You don't have to be a tactical mastermind to make us look fragile... :(

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #548 on: February 20, 2021, 08:09:32 pm »
In our starting line up, with every player in the squad fit, who would be our best 11?

IMO, the only  players missing from injury that would usually play are VVD, Fab & Gomez. Hendo could have started in midfield today and we would have started with arguably our 2nd best midfield trio, our 1st choice keeper, our first choice RB & LB and our best front 3.

So we're really just missing 2 CB's today....but we started with 2 on the bench. Why not start with Davies and Kabak? Or Kabak & Philips? OIf Davies isnt good enough to start ahead of Philips, who wasnt even good enough to start ahead of a midfielder before we signed them, why did we even bother signing the poor lad? Was it just a PR stunt becasue of the pressure the owners were under?

And yet, Everton made 3 big changes, leaving DCL & Sigurdsson on the bench. Yet they seem to have a game plan and are able to execute it?

All I hear every game is excuses and it's tedious. We lost convincing...at home....against Everton! 

Everton ffs!

They didn't win convincingly though did they?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #549 on: February 20, 2021, 08:09:36 pm »
To think we once called ourselves the mentality monsters. I didn’t see one of our lads crunching into a tackle like Keane or Davies. All the talk of revenge after the injuries to VVD and Thiago, barely put our foot in or on anyone. Our current demise is best summed up by Henderson passing the armband to someone who is more than likely leaving in the summer.

What has happened to Firmino and Mane? They’ve both totally dropped off a cliff in terms of form. Does anyone expect Firmino to score now?
JFT97

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #550 on: February 20, 2021, 08:09:40 pm »
What annoys me the most is this is a wet dream for all the fans that said we just had a lucky season last season. We know that's not the case but you look at the league table and it's a humiliating fall. Even with our injuries I'd expect us to be looking much better in attack than we've done since the West Brom game. I just get a sense that because the title has gone the players are not bothered at all. City knew the title had gone last season but still didn't massively embarrass themselves or give up on trying to win games.
Must have imagined the 97 points in the season before that then

Offline kingkenny79

• Kopite
  • King Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish, King Of Liverpool
« Reply #551 on: February 20, 2021, 08:09:43 pm »
Its not Rob- you can push, pull and kick Liverpool attackers in the penalty area with impunity

Salah was pulled by Keane, when hes trying to shoot pass Pickford, that was clear cut penalty.
A Pround Citizen of Kingdom Of Liverpool, Hail King Kenny, Long Live The King.

Offline Razors Razor

• Sworn enemy of Occam's Occam.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #552 on: February 20, 2021, 08:09:58 pm »
I had the misfortune of watching on Bein Sports with Monkey hands and the fat ex Everton player. Gray was adamant that it was a pen  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #553 on: February 20, 2021, 08:10:44 pm »
If we sacked Klopp this year and brought in anyone, even Gerrard, I'd give my season ticket up and never follow football again.

Klopp won the league after 30 years. By far the best manager we have while I have been alive. He is a living legend. If he got sacked over this, I would be done, as I know my club is no better than the likes of  Chelsea then. I would feel betrayed as a fan and ashamed for the club.

So no I wouldn't take Stevie G.
I’m the same mate. Im hating football this season, every when we were winning. No fans and VAR is depressing. But if they sacked Klopp this season at any stage I think I’d give up watching them. And I don’t say that lightly of course.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: February 20, 2021, 08:10:47 pm »
Despite being a massive United fan, Rob Smyth is normally one of the writers who's actually pretty kind to us too.

Hmm if you say so. Myself, I would be skeptical of a Manc using a 'always the victim' line on us.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: February 20, 2021, 08:10:52 pm »
Need to change the tactics to get the best out of the lads who are still standing. Up the manager to mix it up, and the lads to respond or we could drift away this season.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #556 on: February 20, 2021, 08:10:58 pm »
Calvert-Lewin got a pen a few years ago for going down in the same way Mane did after getting an arm in the back. Mane and Salah get judged differently to everyone else. Clear as day.

It actually wasn't the same. In the Calvert Lewis incident he jumped into Lovren. Keane initiated the contact here.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline zx12arrgh

• Main Stander
« Reply #557 on: February 20, 2021, 08:11:08 pm »
Easy to beat at the moment, very weak performance today. Got knows what Virg thought, bet he was expecting his teammates to show a angry determined performance

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: February 20, 2021, 08:11:23 pm »

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: February 20, 2021, 08:11:30 pm »
No but they had a big defensive injury. Their attack never went to shit either. What's the excuse for our front 3 looking frequently abject? You can't put that on no centre backs, not having it.
You sort of can - we addressed our centre back problem by moving our two most consistent midfielders into defence. The midfield hasn't been the same since. Thiago and Wijnaldum are both getting their share of criticism, but at the very least we could say they've not established much of a partnership; they're not really gelling together. We're very static on the ball and lacking the intensity of Henderson and the nous of Fabinho off it. I wouldn't be opposed to any two of Kabak, Davies, Phillips and Williams doing the best they can at the back for the remainder of the season and getting Henderson/Fabinho (when they're fit) back into midfield, though.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.