Author Topic: PL: Leicester 3 vs 1 Liverpool Mo ‘67 Maddison ‘79 Vardy ‘81 Barnes ‘85  (Read 48292 times)

Offline MH41

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I make you right there..I think the bent twats have been actively looking for an offence and that shadow was all the evidence they needed in their rush to judgment ....there'll probably be some statement/apology in a few months confirming their error.....a'la Oliver after his fuckup in the derby
The VAR assistant has the power to draw the lines however and wherever he chooses, in order to get the decision he wants.
And there is absolutely no accountability.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
The game reminded me of QPR away in Kenny's season when we were cruising and comfortable 2-0 up (with a superb goal), yet completely melted down and ended up conceding 3 goals in the last 10 minutes.

In fact, is this our worst run of league form since the second half of 2011-12 where we lost 6 in 7? maybe 2014-15 after which also went to shit after we lost at Anfield to the Mancs.

Other have already mentioned, but no one but Mo looks like scoring (and that's not easy goals at all), and we seem to concede every time the opposition has a decent chance...that's a recipe for disaster.

No point blaming refs or VAR, it'll just prolong this disastrous run and agony. We have no time to feel sorry for ourselves.

2 massive games are coming up... We simply HAVE to get a result, or else next week this time we'd have hit rock bottom if the unthinkable happens.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
Definitive proof right there that they fucked up the line for Firmino, but you’ll still get our fans more happy to blame the players than the officials.

Yep, shows it even more conclusively than the one someone else posted earlier. The refs, maybe not all, but a lot have made a conscious effort to fuck us since we hounded their mate Coote after the derby. It’s clear as day yet some fans keep naively thinking the high moral standards of the refs would never allow them to lower themselves to such things.

Only thing we can do is openly apologise to the refs for calling them out and beg for forgiveness from Coote, call them out even more after each glaring error, or become more snide as someone else suggested an look for pens at every opportunity.

I’m glad Salah had a go today but he clearly needs a training day with Cavani and Martial to know he needs to roll around a bit instead of bouncing back up like a jack in the box. Personally don’t want our players doing that but while every other fucker in the league is diving around, just look at the state of that twat Barnes today, and doing it because they know the refs give anything on VAR if it shows contact, then we can only blame ourselves if we want to be too honest.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
Just had another look at the highlights.  The Firmino chance cannot possibly have been offside as they had a defender on the line.  One hell of a stop, but Bobby really should have buried that. 
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
We were always going to lose today. Something is just not right, the stars are all misaligned.

Saying that, it would be good if the club could send a quick you tube comparison of Welbeck v Salah connection in the penalty area and ask the FA, non aggressively, why one is a penalty and the other one not. Not even worth another replay.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
The same lack of defence will follow us wherever we play.
We don't have defenders, and making two signings on deadline day, one of which is a 20yr old and the other is from the 1st division, isn't a substantial change to our problems.

We should have bought defenders when we needed to and when we had the chance, we kept our fingers in our pockets for 2 successive windows even though we sold our 4th choice defender. We're just reaping what we've sowed thus far.
Utterly unfair to pile on the players, they've done what they could under the circumstances, and Klopp can't work magic out of thin air.
If we are to play the blame game, fingers should be pointed at FSG for leaving Klopp to hang dry with a squad that is unable to cope with the fixtures and short time frame. They're the only ones that could and should have done more.
Spot on with all of the above.

I doubt we'll shed this mental fragility as soon as we hear the CL anthem unfortunately.

With regards to the transfers, absolutely agree as well.

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
Just had another look at the highlights.  The Firmino chance cannot possibly have been offside as they had a defender on the line.  One hell of a stop, but Bobby really should have buried that.

Story of our lives. But he did a lovely flick for the goal so all is forgiven for another 20 odd games. :sigh
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
Yep, shows it even more conclusively than the one someone else posted earlier. The refs, maybe not all, but a lot have made a conscious effort to fuck us since we hounded their mate Coote after the derby. It’s clear as day yet some fans keep naively thinking the high moral standards of the refs would never allow them to lower themselves to such things.

Only thing we can do is openly apologise to the refs for calling them out and beg for forgiveness from Coote, call them out even more after each glaring error, or become more snide as someone else suggested an look for pens at every opportunity.

I’m glad Salah had a go today but he clearly needs a training day with Cavani and Martial to know he needs to roll around a bit instead of bouncing back up like a jack in the box. Personally don’t want our players doing that but while every other fucker in the league is diving around, just look at the state of that twat Barnes today, and doing it because they know the refs give anything on VAR if it shows contact, then we can only blame ourselves if we want to be too honest.

seriously, if this is actually whats going on then its not a competition. its actually time to end football.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan

It was the initial header from Mane to Hendo that was offside.
King Kenny.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
It was the initial header from Mane to Hendo that was offside.

Ah right.  Highlights only showed from after that bit then.   
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up

And?  As I replied to Jill what is the other option?  Either you get on with it or you go home.  Is that what you want?  The players to just stop playing the rest of the season and the club just shuts down? 

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
seriously, if this is actually whats going on then its not a competition. its actually time to end football.

It hasn’t been for a while and why so many are falling out of love with it, this shite run aside. The refs and VAR show have obliterated a large part of what the game is. Especially as it’s been proven that they can use their subjectivity however they feel, so VAR has not improved hardly anything and taken away so much. Players have now adapted knowing certain contact will always be deemed a pen or kicking at an arm. Not afraid to say I was all for it but naively assumed it would not be susceptible to manipulation and so much subjectivity.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
Let me know when the supporters are back

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Let me know when the supporters are back

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
That would explain some of those passes 😂

Haha!
Thanks for that, needed a laugh!
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
We were the better team, we got done over by officials, end of story, end of challenge. They’ll probably stop doing it now. 😉 but we still got a few things to fight for before we’re done with this bullshit season 🙂 YNWA

Offline "Bobber" Thanks :)

• But Hicks Is Still A Wanker
  • Kopite
Haha!
Thanks for that, needed a laugh!

Made me laugh too!

Offline joe buck

• Legacy Fan
  • La La La La La Goose Goose Goose Goose.
is that the amount of norwegians at home games (dont bite  ;D )

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Opposing manager’s team talk.

Keep your shape at the back and concentrate.
Don’t make any mistakes.
Give them all the ball they want.
At most they may score 1 but they’ll gift us 4 or 5 clear chances so just take a couple and we’ll win.
Don’t worry if it looks like they are playing well. One of their players will mess up.
Oh and throw yourself to the ground and scream to let the ref know that you want a free kick.

That’s about right. Every opponent team are basically playing defensively and waiting us out to make a mistake. And then with some shitty VAR on their sides I bet they will invincible. Especially as it’s only Mo that’s a genuine threat these days.

Alright really tough times right now. But think we will make top 4 after all.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 08:03:34 pm by plura »

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
Quote from: Cormack Snr on July 11, 2020, 06:07:29 PM
I thought we played well most of the game but again didn't take our chances, down the years we have had those special goal scorers who win you games and still have them but we need to be careful if we don't sign a few Quality players to freshen up the team we could quite easy go from twenty points clear to second or third or fourth, or fifth, or sixth next year.
Keita, Chamberlain, Minamino and Origi are only squad players for me and are never going to be regulars. I am from the Ronnie Moran school of football and I am never happy..

We could  be 5th or 6th soon with even Everton above us..

Seven months ago I put this on here.. Is it time yet to say .. I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO..

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Henderson was offside.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Seven months ago I put this on here.. Is it time yet to say .. I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO..

Well fucking congratulations for being able to brag and tell everyone "I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO" because Liverpool aren't doing as well as we think they should be. I bet your family and friends are proper fucking proud of you that you got to tell a brag that the team you supposedly support are struggling you blert!

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I thought we played well most of the game but again didn't take our chances, down the years we have had those special goal scorers who win you games and still have them but we need to be careful if we don't sign a few Quality players to freshen up the team we could quite easy go from twenty points clear to second or third or fourth, or fifth, or sixth next year.
Keita, Chamberlain, Minamino and Origi are only squad players for me and are never going to be regulars. I am from the Ronnie Moran school of football and I am never happy..

Well done ballbag
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
Well fucking congratulations for being able to brag and tell everyone "I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO" because Liverpool aren't doing as well as we think they should be. I bet your family and friends are proper fucking proud of you that you got to tell a brag that the team you supposedly support are struggling you blert!

Woolyback  Gloryhunter..

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

Is this the worse post of tonight or can someone better it? I hardly dare to ask.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Woolyback  Gloryhunter..

Of course, those trophy filled glory days of the 90s when I was kid were absolutely wonderful  :butt

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size

Mane was offside when he crossed to Firmino.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
Think the team will really struggle for motivation now. If the loss against City didn’t kick us into gear not sure what will. Must be deflating to go from dominating the title to battling for top 4.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I had a quick look at the BBC match report just to see how they'd spin it and of course the theme is very much that we capitulated/Leicester turned it around, rather than we had our lead stolen from us by some incompetent officiating.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
Think the team will really struggle for motivation now. If the loss against City didn’t kick us into gear not sure what will. Must be deflating to go from dominating the title to battling for top 4.

Thought till the manc and Var stepped in we were motivated enough.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Online Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Absolutely sick of the blaming of refs and var and all the other shite in here.
On some level you're correct.

We should simply accept that we're back where we were before we had a brilliant spine with Alisson, Virgil and Fabinho and have reverted to the results we used to get 3-4 seasons ago.

We are where we are - the glory days of the previous two seasons are behind us - time to acknowledged that we're back to being shite

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders

You told us that the refs were going to screw us 10+ times this season?

You told us that our injuries were to be 2-3 times the historical average of the club in the last 30 years?

You told us of the affect of a pandemic on our transfer budget and worldwide revenues?

You told us that VAR would be used in appropriate interventions all across the prem?

You told us!  Okay.  Will follow the amazing Kreskin's picks for the next year too.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Absolutely sick of the blaming of refs and var and all the other shite in here.

I take it you didn't watch the game then Andy?
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan

We should simply accept that we're back where we were before we had a brilliant spine with Alisson, Virgil and Fabinho and have reverted to the results we used to get 3-4 seasons ago.

We are where we are - the glory days of the previous two seasons are behind us - time to acknowledged that we're back to being shite

How is that the same thing?

We are where we are because we’ve been horrifically unlucky with injuries and been incredibly unlucky in matches. The ‘glory days’ will be far more likely to return when we get the best lads back. In the meantime I’ll leave it to the fucking stream squad who’ve never been to a match to argue about who the referees were favouring this week - last time I heard it was to have a ‘more even title race’ I assume it’s changed now as City are 13 clear with a game in hand.

Online Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
How is that the same thing?

We are where we are because we’ve been horrifically unlucky with injuries and been incredibly unlucky in matches. The ‘glory days’ will be far more likely to return when we get the best lads back. In the meantime I’ll leave it to the fucking stream squad who’ve never been to a match to argue about who the referees were favouring this week - last time I heard it was to have a ‘more even title race’ I assume it’s changed now as City are 13 clear with a game in hand.
No, no

We're shite

Stop blaming the officials - they're perfectly correct.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
And?  As I replied to Jill what is the other option?  Either you get on with it or you go home.  Is that what you want?  The players to just stop playing the rest of the season and the club just shuts down?

Dave, first you have to get the house in order.  Go back through each of the games, and count how many times.   It is not something that has happened once or a few times.

We are not players.  We are supporters.  We have different roles. 

Of course, we do not expect our players to quit, ever.  But the point is --- the table will continue to be tilted if we supporters do not do something about it besides take in the backside.  Week 24 - mate.  Week 24 and the same shit.

Players play.  It has to come from the supporters or from the owners.   And both are risks.  But if you want to see 14 more weeks of this kind of thing, then just keep saying --- move along there is nothing to see here.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 08:36:00 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...

this is the reality. If 3 seasons ago we were having to put Henderson and some unknown (no disrespect to Ozan) in defence we would be praying that Lovren was fit. Henderson has done a good job but we are talking about replacing the best defender in the world and a fantastic defensive midfielder currently. This is where we were before we signed those two players, scrapping top 4.

Once they are back fit we will be a different team.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
Reasonable. He’s obviously not up to speed yet with our style of play.

I’d give him a 6 out of 10.
i think that’s a fair assessment. He didn’t really have much to do for the large majority of the match

Online Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
We are not players.  We are a supporter.  We have different roles. 

Of course, we do not expect our players to quit, ever.  But the point is --- the table will continue to be tilted if we supporters do not do something about it besides take in the backside.  Week 24 - mate.  Week 24 and the same shit.

Players play.  It has to come from the supporters or from the owners.   And both are risks.  But if you want to see 14 more weeks of this kind of thing, then just keep saying --- move along there is nothing to see here.
Where are the VAR offices? We should organise bags of excrement to be delivered to them

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
That’s about right. Every opponent team are basically playing defensively and waiting us out to make a mistake. And then with some shitty VAR on their sides I bet they will invincible. Especially as it’s only Mo that’s a genuine threat these days.

Alright really tough times right now. But think we will make top 4 after all.

For most teams yeah but Absolutely no way Rodgers would have been happy with first 70 from Leicester. They had one good moment in the first half. We smothered them with the ball and they couldn't get out. We pinned them back either side or our goal. City similar last week to the extent guardiola changed shape at half time. It's just not clicking at the moment and confidence seems to be shot but it's the self destructive nature of the last two games that's hard to take
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3