Author Topic: The PL run-in  (Read 992581 times)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Re: Attacking #20
« Reply #640 on: November 28, 2020, 03:35:08 pm »
Struggle to be arsed now to be honest. The refs are bullshit, VAR is bullshit, behind closed doors game or 2000 fans is bullshit. Fans will return but the refs/VAR can't be changed, if 2021/22 doesn't kick off with every seat full in the ground that's it for me, this season is fucking shit
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: November 28, 2020, 03:35:51 pm »
Top of the league despite everything - that's how good we are

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #642 on: November 28, 2020, 03:36:36 pm »
What are they going to do? Hand back their wages and decide to go on sabbatical? Maybe they will leave Liverpool like the way Batman left Gotham in Batman Begins because they are all sick of it and need some enlightenment?

They are footballers and a manager that has won the Champions League, Premier League and are paid a shit tonne of money. They are revered and successful.

Also, they are top of the fucking league. United’s luck has carried them to the bottom half of the table. Well done to them and the league.

They're only human. Their resilience thus far has been remarkable, I agree.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: November 28, 2020, 03:37:50 pm »
They're only human. Their resilience thus far has been remarkable, I agree.

They will be frustrated in the context of the game. Tomorrow they will brush it off because they are top of the league.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #644 on: November 28, 2020, 03:39:14 pm »
This is the best time to be a liverpool supporter since 1991. Finally seen us win a league title, we've won big ears six times, world class manager and players and a competent board for once. Just enjoy the ride.  ;D

Part of the reason this is also so horrible is because this is all true. This is the best Liverpool side I have ever seen and the best manager we have ever had. It won't last forever, nothing does. And time is being wasted with this side.

While it is brilliant, we can't go the game, fixture congestion has took an axe to this great side, and even when they drag through all this to a good position, awful officiating and VAR is there as another kick in the teeth.

I love this side, but the shite that is everything else about football at this time is coming mighty close to overshadowing the joy of this Liverpool team.

Still, it is so good, I eouldnt put it past them overcoming all the obstacles anyway.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: November 28, 2020, 03:42:24 pm »
we are having a klopp 14/15 season. No luck & so many injuries.

They improved massively in the 2nd half of the season. We are somehow top of the league

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #646 on: November 28, 2020, 03:46:45 pm »
i think you should tone down your expectations for your own sake

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #647 on: November 28, 2020, 03:48:10 pm »
i think you should tone down your expectations for your own sake
You are right. Point-wise, we are half-way to avoiding relegation.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #648 on: November 28, 2020, 03:52:34 pm »
Gonna be tight. Whoever wins will crawl over the line.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: November 28, 2020, 03:53:24 pm »
I don't see why we can't. We are top despite having many top players missing. Some will soon return and we'll be a lot stronger. Other clubs too will have injuries probable at more critical stage of the season because they'll struggle to keep their players with no season, 3 subs and the insane schedule.

Let's stay within touching distance this december and we can win it in the new year.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #650 on: November 28, 2020, 04:57:22 pm »
We would win the league easily with a full squad. Even without VVD then I would fancy us.

Obviously, we don’t have that and have at least seven injuries with two season ending to our CBs.

It’s going to be a massive slog over the Xmas period as we don’t have a squad to choose from.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 04:58:56 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #651 on: November 28, 2020, 05:15:32 pm »
This league will be won in the final 10 matches of the season. While we are having zero luck with injuries we somehow are still top of the league, and we still have a number of players to come back for the second half of the campaign. Consider the impact the Thiago will make on our midfield once he's back, as well as the likes of Ox and Naby. If we get VVD back for the final month or so then it would be the cherry on the cake.

I'm certain also that some of our title opponents still have the worst of their injury issues to come in the latter part of the year. Spurs might be chasing our heels but they are a Kane or Son injury away from being distinctly average. It won't be like last year but I'm quietly confident in our ability to win this again.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: November 28, 2020, 05:21:03 pm »
I think our approach worked wonders in the last 2 yrs and could well pay off handsomely this time around yet, but it may have have cost us today, but those are the breaks, there are no perfect approaches to football.

Our pattern of getting our noses in front and then seemingly lowering our intensity and effectively saving our legs for when we really need it, leaves us vulnerable to these sorts of reverses and twists of fate.  Last yr with the best centre back in the world and a different application of the handball/pens, we could retreat and allow the opposition to attack our box in the last 10 mins.  Man city (who we could still finish well ahead of) go for broke and try to get a 2nd, 3rd,4th goal to finish teams off and are less vulnerable to late soft pens and such

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: November 28, 2020, 06:17:11 pm »
No matter the obastacles and circumstances I got all the confidence in this side.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: November 28, 2020, 06:43:49 pm »
I still fancy us to win the league, but clearly we need a couple of midfielders back and are wrapping Matip up in cotton wool, which is the right thing to do. I honestly think not signing a centre back in January would be negligence. Just way too many injuries now, Fabinho is needed back in midfield and we have no idea how long it will be until Thiago, Ox or Naby are back. And then neither of them have the most reliable fitness records going.

I totally agree this year the season will be won and lost in the last 10 games. It's going to take 80-85 points to win and realistically a good few teams could reach that figure. Ultimately right now, it does seem it might come down to who can avoid injuries the most. I can't see a scenario where everyone avoids muscle injuries.. but we know the same could happen to us again as well.

The current result hurts a little bit more after the showing midweek and knowing we have to seal CL qualification. Just got to really hope we get it done this week, then at least we can protect the players the following week ready for the Christmas schedule.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #655 on: November 28, 2020, 06:49:46 pm »
If we're lucky we'll have Trent, Thiago, Milner and Keita all back and firing by January. That'll help massively. But Gomez and Virgil are still out for the season and we still only have one fit senior CB who's injury prone. We simply have to sign someone in January.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #656 on: November 28, 2020, 07:57:33 pm »
If we're lucky we'll have Trent, Thiago, Milner and Keita all back and firing by January. That'll help massively. But Gomez and Virgil are still out for the season and we still only have one fit senior CB who's injury prone. We simply have to sign someone in January.

We will need Trent, Milner and Keita back sooner than January.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: November 28, 2020, 08:03:06 pm »
City got their annual 5-0 win over Burnley today but still not sure on them.

If we finish below anyone else it will be because of the ridiculous injury list, nothing more or less.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: November 28, 2020, 08:31:51 pm »
We are well on course still, one game at a time but if you really need to feel better then just think of the 5 game block thread and us taking 11/12 points every 5 games sets us up for around 82-85 points. We took 10 in the first block with 11 in the second block with our tougher start. I can't see any more being needed than that. Anfield is the key for us, as long as we keep winning at home whilst nobody else is, beat our rivals there and keep our unbeaten run going.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: November 28, 2020, 08:35:58 pm »
What are they going to do? Hand back their wages and decide to go on sabbatical? Maybe they will leave Liverpool like the way Batman left Gotham in Batman Begins because they are all sick of it and need some enlightenment?

They are footballers and a manager that has won the Champions League, Premier League and are paid a shit tonne of money. They are revered and successful.

Also, they are top of the fucking league. United’s luck has carried them to the bottom half of the table. Well done to them and the league.

Read what the players are saying after the game. They're at the end of their tether with the officials and VAR.

This affects confidence, performance, momentum. Every time the ball goes in our box now VAR are reviewing for a penalty. Every other goal we score is chalked off 5 minutes later.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: November 28, 2020, 10:10:16 pm »
Luckily the players arent mentality midgets like you are

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: November 28, 2020, 10:15:03 pm »
Luckily the players arent mentality midgets like you are

Have you read their social media tonight? They're as demoralised as the fans are with it.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: November 28, 2020, 10:37:18 pm »

Stay in the mix until January, get the squad fit and we will absolutely walk it.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: November 28, 2020, 10:38:15 pm »
Jaysus what a day. 2 games I have been fuming in the last few years and both this season. The derby and this. I'll accept losses and draws and injuries as long as the manner in which they come is acceptable. It was so shit a day I drove straight to the offy and now I do feel a lot better I must say. I'll take more pleasure if we win the league this season than last. I dunno if its because we're defending champions but we're getting shafted with injuries and luck and every dickhead waiting to stick the boot in. I had the worst hangover of my life on the 26th June bit I'll beat if we do it again. U p the reds

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: November 28, 2020, 10:38:43 pm »
Have you read their social media tonight? They're as demoralised as the fans are with it.

Milner and who else?

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #665 on: November 28, 2020, 10:40:37 pm »
Yeah I think so too.

I expect ourselves, City, Spurs and Chelsea to be close to each other in January.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #666 on: November 28, 2020, 10:47:02 pm »

Exactly.

The way this has been blown out of proportion is absurd.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: November 28, 2020, 10:51:31 pm »

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: November 28, 2020, 10:54:30 pm »
Hendo, Robbo.

I can't find anything on Henderson's twitter.

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #669 on: November 28, 2020, 10:55:20 pm »

The morale is broken. Just need to limp through the next month then hope we get some players return and push for top four in spring.
Internet terrorist

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: November 28, 2020, 10:58:33 pm »
I can't find anything on Henderson's twitter.

After match interview on BBC

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: November 28, 2020, 11:00:50 pm »
The morale is broken. Just need to limp through the next month then hope we get some players return and push for top four in spring.

Push for top four ? We're the best team in the league and we have the best manager in the league. Why are so many people forgetting that

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #672 on: November 28, 2020, 11:19:14 pm »
I hope you are taking the piss because if not...good grief.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline redman64

• Anny Roader
« Reply #673 on: November 28, 2020, 11:36:36 pm »
For the life of me, I cant figure out were all this fixture congestion talk is coming from. Going back to the 70's and 80's, we always played a game every 3 or 4 days. League match. European cup. League match. League cup. League match. European cup. League match. FA cup etc etc. Okay the game is a lot quicker these days but then but we have a larger squad to pick from. I dont know why we are getting so many injuries. Just bad luck it seems. And shite bluenose c*nts. We are top for the moment and we have a few crucial players to come back into the fold. As disappointed today I was today with the late penalty im not too downhearted. Lots to look forward to...

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: November 29, 2020, 12:13:48 am »
For the life of me, I cant figure out were all this fixture congestion talk is coming from. Going back to the 70's and 80's, we always played a game every 3 or 4 days. League match. European cup. League match. League cup. League match. European cup. League match. FA cup etc etc. Okay the game is a lot quicker these days but then but we have a larger squad to pick from. I dont know why we are getting so many injuries. Just bad luck it seems. And shite bluenose c*nts. We are top for the moment and we have a few crucial players to come back into the fold. As disappointed today I was today with the late penalty im not too downhearted. Lots to look forward to...

It’s an interesting point, I’m sure we pissed the league one year in the late 70’s (42 games) using only 16 players, and some of them were only a couple of subs appearances.

I’m sure the game is faster these days, and the players fitter and more highly tuned. Does that make them more susceptible to muscle injuries? I don’t know, those that know their sports science may have a view?...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: November 29, 2020, 12:36:07 am »
The games are played at a higher intensity, there are more international meaningless fixtures, the sport is evolved substantly since then.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #676 on: November 29, 2020, 03:41:53 am »
We were spoiled last season by winning at an absolute canter and taking the piss out of everyone. This season looks like it's going to be tighter and we're going to be doing stuff like dropping points, even losing some games. Some of you need to get yourselves used to that otherwise you'll be absolute wrecks by May
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #677 on: November 29, 2020, 04:28:49 am »
We'll be 3rd at worst end of the gameweek, 2 whole points behind the leaders. Eke out a win against Ajax and we have 5 days before the next game, and give everyone senior the midweek off so we'll be fresh for Spurs (who I think would've played that Thursday)

It's not all bad :)
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: November 29, 2020, 04:37:51 am »

Think top four will be well gone by Xmas.

We should just go all out for the FA cup. Silverware is silverware?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #679 on: November 29, 2020, 06:05:34 am »
Think top four will be well gone by Xmas.

We should just go all out for the FA cup. Silverware is silverware?
Sadly we're out of two cups already: the League Cup and the 'Try and fuck up the Champions's season' Cup which Everton won in record time this season
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D