Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1779793 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #21920 on: May 25, 2024, 12:44:55 pm »
City will win the league again anyway, no matter who they sell.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #21921 on: May 25, 2024, 01:06:06 pm »
City will win the league again anyway, no matter who they sell.
Probably, does that mean we should be trying to build a team to win the league in 2-3 years when Guardiola is likely gone over short term decisions?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 01:07:53 pm by Chris~ »

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21922 on: May 25, 2024, 02:09:03 pm »
Suprised by the calls on Ederson, personally think we’re spoilt in having Ali and that warps views on other keepers. Ederson is exceptional and a very underrated keeper. He’s wayyyyy off declining

Ederson the midfielder who plays for Atalanta.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21923 on: May 25, 2024, 02:09:34 pm »
Probably, does that mean we should be trying to build a team to win the league in 2-3 years when Guardiola is likely gone over short term decisions?

Build a team to win the league now, Guardiola might still be there in 2-3 years anyways.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21924 on: May 25, 2024, 02:36:49 pm »

Nope we should be about building the best team we can for now. Id rather come 2nd than 3rd or 4th. Plus there is always the CL.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21925 on: May 26, 2024, 04:48:35 pm »
Ederson the midfielder who plays for Atalanta.

How have you cherry picked my post from about 5 or 6 all referring to Ederson the keeper

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #21926 on: May 27, 2024, 02:39:52 am »
He is high, so ...  ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #21927 on: May 27, 2024, 12:21:12 pm »
Lallana could go back to Southampton, might be a nice end to his career even if he wasn't very popular when he left
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21928 on: May 27, 2024, 12:39:14 pm »
Build a team to win the league now, Guardiola might still be there in 2-3 years anyways.

Sounds like he's got one more year then he's off. 

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21929 on: May 27, 2024, 08:58:47 pm »
I see Chelsea have offered Tosin Adarabioyo a contract.

So that'd just be him, Colwill, Badiashile, Disasi, Fofana and Chalobah as senior CB options. Someone badly needs to reign them in.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #21930 on: May 27, 2024, 09:00:47 pm »

So that'd just be him, Colwill, Badiashile, Disasi, Fofana and Chalobah as senior CB options. Someone badly needs to reign them in.
I'm surprised we weren't interested in him. Would be a good depth option.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21931 on: May 27, 2024, 09:08:41 pm »

No.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21932 on: May 27, 2024, 10:46:07 pm »

Agree with the sentiment, but they're selling Chalobah and who knows, hopefully Colwill too (so long as it's not to a rival) - given injury records that probably leaves them short with four

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21933 on: May 27, 2024, 11:01:37 pm »

Both Quansah and Van den Berg are already better players than him ...

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21934 on: May 27, 2024, 11:32:08 pm »
Nope we should be about building the best team we can for now. Id rather come 2nd than 3rd or 4th. Plus there is always the CL.

Buying for now seems to be something a well-run club only does from a settled position, where there is high confidence around the squad and manager's ability to win at this moment.

Given all the recent changes and the high turnover within the squad last summer and what I believe will continue this coming transfer window - just my opinion - I don't believe we are ready for that yet. 

We are still very much in the rebuilding phase and the limited funds that we usually have available dictate that we will need to spread those funds across several players to reinforce the areas we are weakest, rather than on 1 player that is expensive but ready to go now.  In time, yes.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #21935 on: May 28, 2024, 12:03:35 am »
Sounds like he's got one more year then he's off. 

He'll leave just before the sanctions hit next summer, classy.

In time for a freshly-sacked-from-Bayern, Vincent Kompany to take the reins of City, for their promotion campaign from League 1.

Lovely, Brian.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline SlotRightIn

• Main Stander
« Reply #21936 on: May 28, 2024, 11:02:53 am »
I genuinely don’t understand how Chelsea are getting away with what they’re doing.

Like they spent £1b and I thought ok that doesn’t make sense but maybe it’s a loophole with the length of deals and they’re front loading everything and won’t sign anyone now for a few years… then they drop £35m on some teenager from Brazil already this window.

How is this not breaking FFP? The fuckers can’t just sell off hotels pay for this shit can they?

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #21937 on: May 28, 2024, 11:05:42 am »
I genuinely don’t understand how Chelsea are getting away with what they’re doing.

Like they spent £1b and I thought ok that doesn’t make sense but maybe it’s a loophole with the length of deals and they’re front loading everything and won’t sign anyone now for a few years… then they drop £35m on some teenager from Brazil already this window.

How is this not breaking FFP? The fuckers can’t just sell off hotels pay for this shit can they?

Mason Mount was a 75m profit as he was a youth player.

The contract length is only 5 years now.

Ie they sign a player for 100m on 5 years, its only a 20m incoming for the upcoming finicals.

Sell a player like Colwill for example for 70m it would offset it as 50m coming into the club as a net overall.

Or Conor Gallagher whatever they sell him for is seen as full profit as he was a youth player.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21939 on: May 28, 2024, 12:36:35 pm »
Grim, will be driving wages up massively for teams in Europe trying to compete in market.

Offline SlotRightIn

• Main Stander
« Reply #21940 on: May 28, 2024, 01:00:52 pm »
Grim, will be driving wages up massively for teams in Europe trying to compete in market.

I can’t see that to be honest.

If a top European club is in for a player and they say “well Saudi will pay me 400k and you’re only offering 200k” then i’d imagine the European club would just call their bluff. Look at Mbappe. He knocked back like £250m a year from them so he could join Madrid.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #21941 on: May 29, 2024, 02:47:59 am »
Timo Werner's loan to Tottenham extended by a year with a £8.5m purchase option. Spurs also paying all wages and a loan fee
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/c1vvr74y9veo
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 02:52:02 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21942 on: May 29, 2024, 10:53:53 am »

Its a complete shitshow of a league.

They offer for player then allocate you your club, right ?

Be like PL signing say Mbappe and plonking him at Villa.

It'll never be a top league ever as the culture is so different to most players and money is the only driving force, I know they have the weather but 40+ degrees is way too hot for most !!

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21943 on: May 29, 2024, 10:57:52 am »

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21944 on: May 29, 2024, 10:58:31 am »
Timo Werner's loan to Tottenham extended by a year with a £8.5m purchase option. Spurs also paying all wages and a loan fee
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/c1vvr74y9veo

He's a joke figure here, but that seems smart business.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21945 on: May 29, 2024, 11:22:05 am »
--Man United have offered all non-playing and scouting staff to take redundancy to cut their costs--

Also, Man United wants to sign Branthwaite for £70 million but 'won't be held to ransom by Everton'.

Football :)

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21946 on: May 29, 2024, 11:38:33 am »
--Man United have offered all non-playing and scouting staff to take redundancy to cut their costs--

Also, Man United wants to sign Branthwaite for £70 million but 'won't be held to ransom by Everton'.

Branthwaite should think twice. Doubt he's ever worked the hybrid receptionist/accountant role before.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21947 on: May 29, 2024, 11:49:04 am »

Heard this before  ;D

They want £70m,f*ck off.

A month later:Ok £90m it is,good deal.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #21948 on: May 29, 2024, 11:58:14 am »
Branthwaite should think twice. Doubt he's ever worked the hybrid receptionist/accountant role before.

Yah but he’ll have his own monitor, keyboard and mouse. Wish we were a bit smarter when it comes to add ons sometimes.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21949 on: May 29, 2024, 12:38:23 pm »

😂😂😂
You're not wrong.

Offline Sonofthewind

• Anny Roader
  • Cheers like
« Reply #21950 on: May 30, 2024, 07:15:34 am »
I find the whole rush to buy the latest Brazilian wonderkid very strange. I feel like because Madrid have had success with Vini Jr and to a lesser extent Rodrygo everyone seems to be forgetting the hundreds of other examples it didn’t work out. You’ve even got Reiner who can’t make the cut there.

I’m old enough to remember hype around Anderson and the like. These players need to be settled given it’s a massive upheaval uprooting across continents so young and going into Chelsea’s loan army seems like a sure fire way to not reach your potential.

Offline Sonofthewind

• Anny Roader
  • Cheers like
« Reply #21951 on: May 30, 2024, 07:17:54 am »
Yah but he’ll have his own monitor, keyboard and mouse. Wish we were a bit smarter when it comes to add ons sometimes.

Yeah, but no WFH under INEOS.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21952 on: May 30, 2024, 07:20:26 am »
I find the whole rush to buy the latest Brazilian wonderkid very strange. I feel like because Madrid have had success with Vini Jr and to a lesser extent Rodrygo everyone seems to be forgetting the hundreds of other examples it didn’t work out. You’ve even got Reiner who can’t make the cut there.

I’m old enough to remember hype around Anderson and the like. These players need to be settled given it’s a massive upheaval uprooting across continents so young and going into Chelsea’s loan army seems like a sure fire way to not reach your potential.
Anderson was already at Porto.

But yeah, I imagine moving to Spain/Portugal is the most appealing first move for these kids in terms of adaptation.

Offline Sonofthewind

• Anny Roader
  • Cheers like
« Reply #21953 on: May 30, 2024, 07:23:13 am »
Anderson was already at Porto.

But yeah, I imagine moving to Spain/Portugal is the most appealing first move for these kids in terms of adaptation.

I know he was. My point was more the age and being settled. Even Coutinho didn’t have great success when he first came to Europe.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21954 on: May 30, 2024, 09:09:53 am »

Been happening for a while that however, Neymar arrived to all that as well.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21955 on: May 30, 2024, 09:22:01 am »
Nah, Neymar was much more established - 200+ league appearances, 40+ international caps and three league titles - when he moved to Europe. European clubs are paying megabucks for 17-year olds with 20 first team appearances behind them.

You're basically paying for talent and betting on your own development skills, which makes sense for a team like Real and maybe even for Chelsea if they haven't disbanded their youth staff. Not sure it would work as well here, none of the foreign teenagers we've signed has really made the jump to the first team.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21956 on: May 30, 2024, 11:21:28 am »
Yeah, but no WFH under INEOS.

They are bending that rule for Ten Hag though;
have asked him to work from the Netherlands.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21957 on: May 30, 2024, 11:28:32 am »
Nah, Neymar was much more established - 200+ league appearances, 40+ international caps and three league titles - when he moved to Europe. European clubs are paying megabucks for 17-year olds with 20 first team appearances behind them.

You're basically paying for talent and betting on your own development skills, which makes sense for a team like Real and maybe even for Chelsea if they haven't disbanded their youth staff. Not sure it would work as well here, none of the foreign teenagers we've signed has really made the jump to the first team.

That’s because none of the foreign teenagers have been on the level of  Endrick or Vini Jr, we haven’t at any point signed the best 3/4 talents in Brazil for example.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21958 on: May 30, 2024, 11:33:41 am »

You used the wrong example because United signed Anderson straight from Porto, to be honest we signed Lucas Leiva straight from Gremio and he was a decent success and would have been a bigger one if not for injuries.

Signing the best talents from Brazil can work, whatever Madrid lost from the signing Reinier they’ve gained back quadruple from the signings of Vini Jr and Rodrygo.

The way it is now it makes more sense IMO to go straight to the source, Porto Benfica and the likes are charging extortionate fees, it’s not like before when you could get a good deal out of them, all these South American players they’re selling are going for 70m+.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21959 on: May 30, 2024, 11:41:20 am »
Work permit used to be an issue when trying to get players from South America. As this is no longer the case we should really look to that market for young talent. You don't have to go all 'supermarket sweep' like Chelsea have but a few clever signings could really prove beneficial years down the line.