Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1774295 times)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #14240 on: September 30, 2022, 10:04:55 am »
How are Chelsea going to meet FFP regs?

They are heading for a £200m loss at least.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14241 on: September 30, 2022, 10:20:58 am »
They've been trying to get rid of Ziyech so assume he's the direct replacement.  Pulisic has really fallen off a cliff since he joined Chelsea too, so he might be off as well in the next year.

Pulisic never was good. I don’t know where he got his reputation from. He never scored or assisted at Dortmund.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14242 on: September 30, 2022, 10:53:45 am »

FFP is dead

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14243 on: September 30, 2022, 10:54:40 am »
With Havertz, Mount, Pulisic and Ziyech already on their team, hardly the player they need. Nothing to be worried about ...

Gotta think both Pulisic and Ziyech could be leaving though right?  Neither have been very good or gotten much time since they went to Chelsea. 

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #14244 on: September 30, 2022, 11:07:05 am »

New FFP Regs state clubs "Have to spend as much money as possible as quickly (and as foolishly) as possible, and slap me on the arse Brenda."

So they are doing just fine.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14245 on: September 30, 2022, 12:23:51 pm »
From what I can see on transfermarkt....

As the main striker he's got 5 goals and 4 assists in 11 games
As a support striker he's got 21 goals and 10 assists in 35 games
As an attacking midfielder he's got 18 goals and 15 assists in 47 games
As a left winger 6 goals and 5 assists in 21 games
As a right winger 5 goals and 3 assists in 12 games

He's not particularly good from out wide, and we've currently got Nunez, Jota and Firmino who all predominantly play centrally. Not that he's not a good player or that you can ever have too many good players....but hard to see where he'd particularly fit into our attack considering at least we'll have Diaz, Nunez, Jota and Salah here next season.
Each of those discreet stats by position are excellent, I reckon.

If 11 goals and 8 assists in 33 games out wide is not particularly good, does that make Diaz from the left worse than not particularly good?

I take your point on squad composition, and thought the same (unless something dramatic and very unexpected happens - eg getting a fee for Firmino in January, moving on from Nunez next summer etc), but I don't think I can agree that it's hard to see where he'd fit into our attack.

I think he looks adept to play more or less all the roles, and hopefully at a level at or above what we've expected there (eg you'd anticipate he'd perform better than Chamberlain on the right side of attack, better than Minamino centrally, better than Origi on the left, and likely more intuitive a fit as a 'supporting striker' than Nunez).

Either way, it's almost certainly not going to happen for us now - I just think that young versatile cohesive and available are good traits to look for when squad building

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14246 on: September 30, 2022, 12:44:31 pm »
Each of those discreet stats by position are excellent, I reckon.

If 11 goals and 8 assists in 33 games out wide is not particularly good, does that make Diaz from the left worse than not particularly good?

I take your point on squad composition, and thought the same (unless something dramatic and very unexpected happens - eg getting a fee for Firmino in January, moving on from Nunez next summer etc), but I don't think I can agree that it's hard to see where he'd fit into our attack.

I think he looks adept to play more or less all the roles, and hopefully at a level at or above what we've expected there (eg you'd anticipate he'd perform better than Chamberlain on the right side of attack, better than Minamino centrally, better than Origi on the left, and likely more intuitive a fit as a 'supporting striker' than Nunez).

Either way, it's almost certainly not going to happen for us now - I just think that young versatile cohesive and available are good traits to look for when squad building

Luis Diaz hasn't got a back catalogue of evidence showing that he is far more effective centrally than out wide (he's played less than ten games anywhere else in his career). Maybe not particularly good is the wrong expression....but he's very obviously found his position, and its the position we're most stacked in in terms of our attack.

Nkunku is a central attacker. We're not spending £60 odd million plus big wages for someone to not be first choice...and we have Nunez and Jota there. And we're not spending £60 million for someone to be first choice unless we get rid of one of those two (and who knows what happens with Bobby). One of those players who has always looked like a 'perfect Liverpool player' but circumstances have never really worked for him potentially coming here.

Also....not the best career move methinks going to Chelsea considering they have Sterling, Havertz and Mount who all play centrally too and a revolving door of coaches. Maybe we can just snap up Havertz for a song in a season or two.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #14247 on: September 30, 2022, 12:51:02 pm »
From what I can see on transfermarkt....

As the main striker he's got 5 goals and 4 assists in 11 games
As a support striker he's got 21 goals and 10 assists in 35 games
As an attacking midfielder he's got 18 goals and 15 assists in 47 games
As a left winger 6 goals and 5 assists in 21 games
As a right winger 5 goals and 3 assists in 12 games

He's not particularly good from out wide, and we've currently got Nunez, Jota and Firmino who all predominantly play centrally. Not that he's not a good player or that you can ever have too many good players....but hard to see where he'd particularly fit into our attack considering at least we'll have Diaz, Nunez, Jota and Salah here next season.

Yeah he's a good player but I can see why we wasn't interested as I would prefer Diaz, Jota and Salah for our wide positions.

It's actually quite hard to find a wide player who would be an upgrade to be honest, Which is obviously a great position for us  ;D

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14248 on: September 30, 2022, 12:56:17 pm »
Yeah he's a good player but I can see why we wasn't interested as I would prefer Diaz, Jota and Salah for our wide positions.

It's actually quite hard to find a wide player who would be an upgrade to be honest, Which is obviously a great position for us  ;D

We will soon be in the unenviable position of looking for the Salah successor (unless of course Elliott and/or Carvalho kick on) because right hand side attackers of real top quality that can be bought seem somewhat hard to find at the moment. I suspect it would be an evolution of the position rather than a succession, because I doubt we can get someone like Salah, but we could possibly get someone to revolve more around Nunez and/or Jota

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #14249 on: September 30, 2022, 01:06:08 pm »
We will soon be in the unenviable position of looking for the Salah successor (unless of course Elliott and/or Carvalho kick on) because right hand side attackers of real top quality that can be bought seem somewhat hard to find at the moment. I suspect it would be an evolution of the position rather than a succession, because I doubt we can get someone like Salah, but we could possibly get someone to revolve more around Nunez and/or Jota

Nkunku is nearly 25 so if we are looking at bringing someone in to potentially replace Salah I think we would be looking at someone younger to be honest.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14250 on: September 30, 2022, 03:13:41 pm »
Nkunku is nearly 25 so if we are looking at bringing someone in to potentially replace Salah I think we would be looking at someone younger to be honest.

Oh no I agree. I wasn't meaning Nkunku, just saying the position we are in with out attackers/wide players. They are really great, with one of them being probably the best Liverpool player I have ever seen in my lifetime (Salah).

Soon we will have to think of the future to the seemingly impossible question - how do you replace Salah. Answer is probably that you don't, you end up working differently with a different type of player (who won't be Nkunku )

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14251 on: September 30, 2022, 03:19:42 pm »
A source of much annoyance from certain quarters on here....but I think it does depend on how our youngsters progress over the next season or two. Kaide Gordon is 18 next week, Ben Doak is 17 in about a month. If they're to live up to the hype you'd expect them both to start seeing fairly regular football for us over the next couple of years and both play off the right.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14252 on: September 30, 2022, 03:27:51 pm »
A source of much annoyance from certain quarters on here....but I think it does depend on how our youngsters progress over the next season or two. Kaide Gordon is 18 next week, Ben Doak is 17 in about a month. If they're to live up to the hype you'd expect them both to start seeing fairly regular football for us over the next couple of years and both play off the right.

I certainly hope so. I know there's a lot of praise for Gordon, and frankly I just love the name Doak so I want him to succeed

What happened to that Polish lad we had? I remember he was raved about to the moon for like 6 months or so

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14253 on: September 30, 2022, 03:30:37 pm »
I certainly hope so. I know there's a lot of praise for Gordon, and frankly I just love the name Doak so I want him to succeed

What happened to that Polish lad we had? I remember he was raved about to the moon for like 6 months or so

Musialowski has the physique of a child and just doesn’t look very good now he’s not playing youngster football. Won’t make it here.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14254 on: September 30, 2022, 03:40:41 pm »

Musialowski....he was always gonna struggle I think, as much as thats easy to say with hindsight. To be fair on here I think it was mainly a couple of donuts bigging him up to the moon in the hope that he went to the moon and they could say they were the first ones on the train :D He's not a big lad, not particularly quick or strong and if thats the case....you've got to be absolutely tip top in other areas (like Harvey) and he never was. He was just tearing up other undeveloped kids like many before him. The games absolutely full of 'the XXXX Messi' (in this case the Polish Messi) because its an easy comparison to make for a pretty small young kid with good feet who invariably fall away once everyone else starts growing out.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14255 on: September 30, 2022, 03:51:50 pm »

At just 18 though i think they are struggling to see regular football over the next two seasons where they will be just 20 by the end of it. I rate Gordon, but he is still a few years off.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14256 on: September 30, 2022, 03:59:27 pm »
Musialowski has the physique of a child and just doesn’t look very good now he’s not playing youngster football. Won’t make it here.

Musialowski....he was always gonna struggle I think, as much as thats easy to say with hindsight. To be fair on here I think it was mainly a couple of donuts bigging him up to the moon in the hope that he went to the moon and they could say they were the first ones on the train :D He's not a big lad, not particularly quick or strong and if thats the case....you've got to be absolutely tip top in other areas (like Harvey) and he never was. He was just tearing up other undeveloped kids like many before him. The games absolutely full of 'the XXXX Messi' (in this case the Polish Messi) because its an easy comparison to make for a pretty small young kid with good feet who invariably fall away once everyone else starts growing out.

Ah that's a shame, but not a massive shock. I just thought about it because in one of our recent youngster filled benches, my dad was wondering who they all were and just asked "What happened to the Polish lad" and I realized I hadn't heard a thing about him for absolutely ages. So not shocked to hear he just isn't up to snuff.

A shame, but there's loads who do look like they could be the real deal

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14257 on: September 30, 2022, 04:01:05 pm »
At just 18 though i think they are struggling to see regular football over the next two seasons where they will be just 20 by the end of it. I rate Gordon, but he is still a few years off.

I dont see why not. Most top players generally are playing first team football at 19/20. If Gordon isn't considered a first team option at this point in two years, I think he's struggling to make it here. Not that there aren't late developers but I think you'd struggle to find many top players at 19/20 who aren't playing 'mens' football.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14258 on: September 30, 2022, 05:57:51 pm »
Gotta think both Pulisic and Ziyech could be leaving though right?  Neither have been very good or gotten much time since they went to Chelsea. 

Good luck moving those two massive contracts. There is a reason why Chelsea are still paying Lukaku £160,000 per week ...

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14259 on: September 30, 2022, 05:59:39 pm »
Good luck moving those two massive contracts. There is a reason why Chelsea are still paying Lukaku £160,000 per week ...
you just refuted your argument in the first sentence with your own counter point in the second sentence!

at least it means noone needs to follow up to argue!

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14260 on: September 30, 2022, 06:04:39 pm »
you just refuted your argument in the first sentence with your own counter point in the second sentence!

You really think I will waste my time explaining anything to you?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #14261 on: September 30, 2022, 06:20:52 pm »

;D
Classic Mac.

He will argue with himself until someone else bites though, that’s the problem.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14262 on: October 3, 2022, 10:11:43 pm »
Wtf is Chelseas plan then? Do people think they're they planning not to spend much next summer or are they just gonna carry on splashing cash?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14263 on: October 3, 2022, 10:15:56 pm »
Wtf is Chelseas plan then? Do people think they're they planning not to spend much next summer or are they just gonna carry on splashing cash?

They are going to spend non-stop untill forced not to. So - basically they will spend.

Bohely isn't one to not spend.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14264 on: October 3, 2022, 10:24:22 pm »
They are going to spend non-stop untill forced not to. So - basically they will spend.

Bohely isn't one to not spend.

I dont know anything about the guy to be honest mate so thanks. Many on here seemed adamant the summer spending was just to appease the fans early on and it simply would not continue for them so i've been intrigued as to what exactly Chelseas plan is.

This Nkunku deal definitely suggests a strategy more along the lines of what you are saying

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #14265 on: October 4, 2022, 01:10:32 am »
I dont know anything about the guy to be honest mate so thanks. Many on here seemed adamant the summer spending was just to appease the fans early on and it simply would not continue for them so i've been intrigued as to what exactly Chelseas plan is.

This Nkunku deal definitely suggests a strategy more along the lines of what you are saying

They’re apparently going to try and sign Gvardiol in the summer as well, plus Kante and Jorginho can leave on a free in the summer so I imagine they will spend big to replace them, so yeah I don’t think they will be stopping.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14266 on: October 4, 2022, 11:23:18 pm »

yeah - unfortunately people were just trying to make themselves feel better.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14267 on: October 9, 2022, 12:40:12 am »

Young forwards living up to the hype is more the exception than the norm. Plenty expected Brewster to be leading the line for us by now instead of struggling for goals in the championship. It's nice when a youth player breaks through but they're mainly there to make us money for more ready made replacements.

That said, it'd be a shame to see us let Chelsea have a free run at Nkunku but we're more stacked than ever in attack and need to be throwing everything at the midfield.

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
« Reply #14268 on: October 13, 2022, 03:08:48 pm »
Don't be surprised seeing Jude/De Jong in a Chelsea shirt because they will spend whatever it takes to get them. In fact De Jong is gonna be so easy for them since they will likely offload Kante to Barcelona.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #14269 on: October 13, 2022, 03:59:18 pm »
Don't be surprised seeing Jude/De Jong in a Chelsea shirt because they will spend whatever it takes to get them. In fact De Jong is gonna be so easy for them since they will likely offload Kante to Barcelona.

They are signing Nkunku, and are trying for Gvardiol and Leao, surely they wont have money for a Jude/De Jong on top of that!

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14270 on: October 13, 2022, 09:18:12 pm »
They are signing Nkunku, and are trying for Gvardiol and Leao, surely they wont have money for a Jude/De Jong on top of that!

Why not? They are owned by a group that doesn't care about spending - and FFP doesn't matter.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #14271 on: October 13, 2022, 10:12:15 pm »
Why not? They are owned by a group that doesn't care about spending - and FFP doesn't matter.

I suppose you're right, they have set the record for the most spent in one window twice in the last three years. They've always been as bad as City for me but people forget about them being the original oil club, annoyingly people will forget or choose to not care about how City are funded as well soon.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 11:42:36 pm by leinad »

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #14272 on: October 13, 2022, 11:38:16 pm »

You should go walk into Clearlake's offices in Santa Monica and ask them if they care about getting a return for their investors. Pretty sure at some point Boehly is going to have to either start putting his own money in or things will change.

Online CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14273 on: October 14, 2022, 10:58:09 am »
You should go walk into Clearlake's offices in Santa Monica and ask them if they care about getting a return for their investors. Pretty sure at some point Boehly is going to have to either start putting his own money in or things will change.

Quite. Didn't the purchase agreement involve some commitment for investment in the team within a certain period? Once that amount is met, it seems very likely there will be a stark change in how they do business (or require Boehly to stump up some more of his own cash)
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Online Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14274 on: October 14, 2022, 01:22:21 pm »
Quite. Didn't the purchase agreement involve some commitment for investment in the team within a certain period? Once that amount is met, it seems very likely there will be a stark change in how they do business (or require Boehly to stump up some more of his own cash)

I seem to recall an 800m figure over ten years being reported for transfers and other club improvements for the women's team and training facilities. But could be wrong about it though. In any case, they spent more than a third of that in one window.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #14275 on: October 14, 2022, 01:24:31 pm »
João Félix wants to leave Atletico Madrid in january according to A Bola
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14276 on: October 14, 2022, 01:45:45 pm »
João Félix wants to leave Atletico Madrid in january according to A Bola

Someone is getting conned for alot of money then.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #14277 on: October 14, 2022, 05:13:03 pm »

£2.5bn went to escrow for Roman. £1.75bn was verified as being available to spend on the stadium and squad over a 10 year period. I'm not a UK law expert but I question how that could ever be enforced. Roman is going to get his £2.5bn at some point in time so it's not like he's going to renege on the deal if they don't spend it.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14278 on: October 14, 2022, 05:20:43 pm »
Someone is getting conned for alot of money then.

How? He’s a great player potentially, hard for any attacker to thrive in Simeone system currently.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 05:40:00 pm by Coolie High »

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14279 on: October 14, 2022, 05:37:26 pm »
How? He’s a great player potential.

Agree. I like players like Felix, like Felix.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.