Poll

Obviously the Brexit effects are only just showing and it's going to get a lot, lot worse.. but for now..

.. Brexit is going great. Sunlit fucking plateaus full of fucking wonder
.. Brexit is just taking time, it'll be reet
Moo!
.. Brexit is pretty bad, but maybe will get better
.. Brexit is terrible
.. Rees Mogg and all the Brexiters should be hung off a lamp-post.
.. Rees Mogg and all the Brexiters should be hung off a lamp-post AND I like cheese

Author Topic: Brexit. the Con continues  (Read 541010 times)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
Re: Brexit. the Con continues
« Reply #8200 on: October 7, 2023, 12:09:30 am »
did you use the toilet, or more of a making-a-statement visit?

:lmao
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8201 on: October 10, 2023, 07:24:17 am »
https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2023/1009/1409698-poll-brexit/

’Meanwhile, 72% of Leave voters said they would vote the same way again and most of them believe that Brexit may still go well in the future.’

50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #8202 on: October 10, 2023, 07:55:36 am »
https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2023/1009/1409698-poll-brexit/

’Meanwhile, 72% of Leave voters said they would vote the same way again and most of them believe that Brexit may still go well in the future.’

That's few enough to tip the vote.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8203 on: October 10, 2023, 07:56:05 am »
did you use the toilet, or more of a making-a-statement visit?
I did use the toilet, but did consider making a statement .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8205 on: October 16, 2023, 03:42:08 pm »

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8206 on: October 16, 2023, 03:47:25 pm »
You'd like to think ex-pats would be one of the largest % pro remain groups you could find, thus I'd feel sorry for them.

I suspect the % is lower than common sense would dictate.

--edit-- seems 30% still voted FOR brexit. (bang head emoji).
but loads 'couldn't vote

https://www.iexpats.com/what-if-british-expats-had-voted-in-the-brexit-referendum/
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 03:49:52 pm by PaulF »

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8207 on: October 16, 2023, 04:10:22 pm »
You'd like to think ex-pats would be one of the largest % pro remain groups you could find, thus I'd feel sorry for them.

but loads 'couldn't vote

https://www.iexpats.com/what-if-british-expats-had-voted-in-the-brexit-referendum/

From that article:

"The balance would have shifted from 16.1 million remain votes to possibly more than 19 million, while the leave vote would have increased to  around 18.4 million.

That switches the result to a 600,000 majority to remain. A slender win, but still a win under Britain’s first past the post referendum rules."

A slender Remain win would have been, from my perspective, the ideal result.

1) We remain in the EU.

2) The Tories continue to tear themselves apart over the EU. Hopefully leading to a fracturing of the party with the Eurosceptics splitting away to join the frog-faced fascist's band of lunatics.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8208 on: October 17, 2023, 05:49:50 pm »

but loads 'couldn't vote

I was watching a youtube channel of this caravaner couple who travelled all over Europe, financing their adventures by doing seasonal work in Spain and other Mediterranean countries. They voted Leave. They only travel around the UK now.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8209 on: October 17, 2023, 06:25:58 pm »
I was watching a youtube channel of this caravaner couple who travelled all over Europe, financing their adventures by doing seasonal work in Spain and other Mediterranean countries. They voted Leave. They only travel around the UK now.
Those I can laugh at.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8210 on: October 19, 2023, 03:06:30 pm »
As one Twitterist put it, "I daily see how Brexit happened"

Woman slams selfish paragliders who 'made her think Hamas were invading Doncaster'
A woman panicked her village near Doncaster was under attack when she spotted a number of paragliders flying over her home and thought they were from Hamas

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woman-slams-selfish-paragliders-who-31211598

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #8211 on: October 19, 2023, 03:58:01 pm »

ha

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8212 on: October 19, 2023, 04:02:21 pm »

It boggles the mind, do these individuals (and there are plenty examples from farmers to fisherman along with factory workers in car plants) simply lack the ability to critically analyse situations? In other words - a distinct lack of brain cells to connect the rather obvious dots?

I mean - what did they expect was going to be the outcome?

I'm never surprised any longer at the dumb fuckery of some of (apparently quite a lot) the people that share this Island.

The above outcome is a simple maths equation - doing this WILL equal this.

Long debated with myself about moving countries.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8213 on: October 19, 2023, 04:05:28 pm »
As one Twitterist put it, "I daily see how Brexit happened"

Woman slams selfish paragliders who 'made her think Hamas were invading Doncaster'
A woman panicked her village near Doncaster was under attack when she spotted a number of paragliders flying over her home and thought they were from Hamas

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woman-slams-selfish-paragliders-who-31211598
Some people should not be on the Internet, read newspapers, watch TV news, or have access to any data, information or news. How does someone like that make it through the day!?
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8214 on: October 19, 2023, 04:07:28 pm »
It boggles the mind, do these individuals (and there are plenty examples from farmers to fisherman along with factory workers in car plants) simply lack the ability to critically analyse situations? In other words - a distinct lack of brain cells to connect the rather obvious dots?

I mean - what did they expect was going to be the outcome?

I'm never surprised any longer at the dumb fuckery of some of (apparently quite a lot) the people that share this Island.

The above outcome is a simple maths equation - doing this WILL equal this.

Long debated with myself about moving countries.
Unfortunately, idiots reside in every country. I am not even sure the UK (OK, England in particular) is even an outlier.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #8215 on: October 19, 2023, 04:24:01 pm »
Some people should not be on the Internet, read newspapers, watch TV news, or have access to any data, information or news. How does someone like that make it through the day!?
Well quite obviously you don't think of Doncaster as the promised land.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8216 on: October 19, 2023, 05:16:30 pm »
Not at all. The 1961 Doncaster A1(M) Bypass was a major achievement.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 06:02:03 pm by Jiminy Cricket »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8217 on: October 19, 2023, 05:30:46 pm »
hang on hang on -- you're saying it ISN'T?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8218 on: November 28, 2023, 12:16:51 pm »
UK’s flagship post-Brexit trade deal worth even less than previously thought, OBR says

Office for Budget Responsibility says UK entry into the Indo-Pacific agreement will add just 0.04% to GDP in the long run.

The UK’s flagship trans-Pacific trade deal, which was presented as a cornerstone of post-Brexit “global Britain”, will deliver even less benefit to the economy than the tiny uplift that was previously predicted, according to the Office for Budget Responsibility.

The tiny predicted benefits from these trade deals contrast with the OBR’s own calculation that the UK economy will be 4% smaller than if we had stayed in the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/nov/25/uks-flagship-post-brexit-trade-deal-worth-even-less-than-previously-thought-obr-says#:~:text=The%20UK%27s%20flagship%20trans%2DPacific,the%20Office%20for%20Budget%20Responsibility.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #8219 on: November 28, 2023, 03:41:21 pm »
UK’s flagship post-Brexit trade deal worth even less than previously thought, OBR says

Office for Budget Responsibility says UK entry into the Indo-Pacific agreement will add just 0.04% to GDP in the long run.

The UK’s flagship trans-Pacific trade deal, which was presented as a cornerstone of post-Brexit “global Britain”, will deliver even less benefit to the economy than the tiny uplift that was previously predicted, according to the Office for Budget Responsibility.

The tiny predicted benefits from these trade deals contrast with the OBR’s own calculation that the UK economy will be 4% smaller than if we had stayed in the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/nov/25/uks-flagship-post-brexit-trade-deal-worth-even-less-than-previously-thought-obr-says#:~:text=The%20UK%27s%20flagship%20trans%2DPacific,the%20Office%20for%20Budget%20Responsibility.

What a surprise! 🙄
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8220 on: November 28, 2023, 03:46:21 pm »

:D

Not much of a shock really is it? Stupid bastards.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8221 on: November 28, 2023, 04:09:34 pm »

:D

Not much of a shock really is it? Stupid bastards.

Nice to have the OBR making it official, though!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8222 on: November 28, 2023, 05:36:14 pm »
Bet its "worth the sacrifice" for "our independence" for the brexiteers though.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8223 on: November 29, 2023, 12:49:46 pm »

A majority of Britons would support joining the single market, even if this meant free movement of people

All Britons
Support: 57%
Oppose: 22%

Leave voters
Support: 35%
Oppose: 45%

Remain voters
Support: 83%
Oppose: 6%

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1729828017373843530

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8225 on: December 1, 2023, 12:31:09 pm »
James Dyson has lost his libel claim against the publisher of the Daily Mirror.

The inventor, 76, gave evidence at the Royal Courts of Justice for two days in a trial against Mirror Group Newspapers (MGN) over an article published in January 2022.

In the Daily Mirror article, the journalist Brian Reade referred to the engineer as “the vacuum-cleaner tycoon who championed Vote Leave due to the economic opportunities it would bring to British industry before moving his global head office to Singapore”.

Reade continued: “Kids, talk the talk but then screw your country and if anyone complains, tell them to suck it up.”

Dyson brought the high court claim against MGN, describing the allegations in the article as a “vicious and vitriolic” personal attack.

But in a ruling on Friday, Mr Justice Jay dismissed the inventor’s claim. He said: “In the present case the claimant cannot demonstrate that he has suffered financial loss as a result of these publications. Nor can he show that his philanthropic work, particularly directed to young people and schools, has been harmed in any way.”

Full article: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/dec/01/james-dyson-loses-libel-claim-daily-mirror-publisher
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8226 on: December 1, 2023, 12:42:10 pm »
Full article: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/dec/01/james-dyson-loses-libel-claim-daily-mirror-publisher
Irrespective of being unable to demonstrate financial loss, surely Dyson's core complaint of being libeled is vacuous.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8227 on: December 1, 2023, 12:49:08 pm »
Irrespective of being unable to demonstrate financial loss, surely Dyson's core complaint of being libeled is vacuous.
The judge also ruled what was said in the article was substantially true and upheld the right of columnists to share opinions

So basically a big loss all around for dear James. No idea how it got to court but nice that he could humiliate himself like this. The hypocritical c*nt.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8228 on: December 1, 2023, 01:22:36 pm »
The judge also ruled what was said in the article was substantially true and upheld the right of columnists to share opinions

So basically a big loss all around for dear James. No idea how it got to court but nice that he could humiliate himself like this. The hypocritical c*nt.
I hope he's also been instructed to pay the Daily Mirror's legal fees.

We certainly have some whoppers at the helm of British business.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8229 on: December 1, 2023, 01:28:02 pm »

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #8230 on: December 1, 2023, 01:28:24 pm »
I was gonna say he’ll just have to suck it up.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8231 on: December 1, 2023, 01:50:53 pm »
I was gonna say he’ll just have to suck it up.

Nick would be proud

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #8232 on: December 1, 2023, 01:53:43 pm »
Jiminy was more subtle  ;)
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8233 on: December 1, 2023, 05:31:23 pm »
Jiminy was more subtle  ;)
Sometimes, I'm too subtle, and I get no responses. That, or the pun/joke is shite.

It's the second explanation, isn't it!?  :-[

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8234 on: December 1, 2023, 05:40:22 pm »
Sometimes, I'm too subtle, and I get no responses. That, or the pun/joke is shite.

It's the second explanation, isn't it!?  :-[

You've got to live dangerously and risk no one spotting it. Nothing worse than highlighting your own pun using bold or italics.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8235 on: December 1, 2023, 05:47:40 pm »
You've got to live dangerously and risk no one spotting it. Nothing worse than highlighting your own pun using bold or italics.
I'm not sure typing shite at RAWK ever can described as 'living dangerously', but you are surely correct, Elmo! ;D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8236 on: December 4, 2023, 09:58:16 am »
Had an interesting chat with some family about Brexit the other day and someone made a really good point.

It's pretty much impossible to find ANYONE that voted for it. Everyone denies it.

Why is that? half the country is inbred and has the brains of a brain-damaged cheeseburger so why so coy now?

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #8237 on: December 4, 2023, 10:07:11 am »
Had an interesting chat with some family about Brexit the other day and someone made a really good point.

It's pretty much impossible to find ANYONE that voted for it. Everyone denies it.

Why is that? half the country is inbred and has the brains of a brain-damaged cheeseburger so why so coy now?

I know quite a few.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8238 on: December 4, 2023, 10:17:22 am »

They've all died?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8239 on: December 4, 2023, 10:21:51 am »
I know quite a few.

I did know some, but everyone I know has binned them off. Not seen or heard of any of them since and good riddance.

I don't know anyone in Liverpool that admits to it though.

How can you be friends with such fuckwits though? Or are they family?