Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2513381 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - KONATE MBAPPE RAFAEL DIAS PELLOLI?
« Reply #36520 on: June 10, 2021, 03:16:35 pm »
I get on most places to be fair.  ;D

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36521 on: June 10, 2021, 03:23:30 pm »
Do we not have a “no dickheads” policy at the club by the way?

Sterling is a little past that point on the cuntybaws continuum.

We don't tend to have whingebags at the club, and he's a full on "REEEEEEEF HE PUSHED MEEEEEEE" kind of divvy like many others at City.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36522 on: June 10, 2021, 03:24:32 pm »

Sterling is greedy but he’s still a very good player, could easily fit into our squad and offer real competition but there is simply far too much baggage to consider

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #36523 on: June 10, 2021, 03:33:50 pm »
Who's this Pelligrini mentioned a few pages back?

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36524 on: June 10, 2021, 03:35:29 pm »
Hendo seems to be developing a good relationship with Bellingham … ;)

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #36525 on: June 10, 2021, 03:36:38 pm »

Sancho wasn't it? Said he and Hendo are good mates in the England camp.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #36526 on: June 10, 2021, 03:37:05 pm »

Roma captain

They're allegedly in 'advanced talks' with Xhaka too

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36527 on: June 10, 2021, 03:38:58 pm »
Sancho wasn't it? Said he and Hendo are good mates in the England camp.

And Bellingham. Gave him his first England shirt the other day. Posted a picture of them both today with him presenting him with his first Cap, too.

I mean, you’d think Kane would do such duties but obviously not.

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36528 on: June 10, 2021, 03:39:40 pm »

Bellingham is a big Gerrard fan too.  Likes Stevie videos on Twitter.  Haaland even called him the next Stevie G at one point.

His song writes itself too.  ;)
King Kenny.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #36529 on: June 10, 2021, 03:40:00 pm »

Roma midfielder with a €30m release clause who we're allegedly monitoring furiously or already agreed to pay the clause.
So propably nothing in it.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36530 on: June 10, 2021, 03:42:31 pm »
Welcome to modern day football.

Mbappe turns 23 this year, crazy to think he's only got around 3 years left before he can get no better.

Sterling is a modern day phenomenon, he faces a completely different level of scrutiny to the vast majority of players through the media and football fans and for what reason... who knows? Look at his stats and find 3 other players who are 'terrible' finishers, then look at those who are lauded for their goalscoring prowess from the same/similar attacking positions and see how small the gap is in terms of numbers.

Sterling has had a bad season by his own standards but it's not to do with having played too much, bad seasons do happen sometimes but nowadays in the age of NOW NOW NOW, a bad season is either the end or the beginning of the end. He has plenty of room to improve and improve his numbers, he hasn't peaked at all IMO.

Footballs funny right now, Messi was finished early this season and finished the season on what 30/31 goals.

Agreed on this. In terms of other players to have put up his minutes as young as he was, the examples given are Owen and Rooney who both had very obvious physical reasons for their decline. Now I know Sangria is still being positive about him but those examples felt a little strange to me. Sterling, and leaving aside his character, is WAY too good for Arsenal or Spurs. Again aside from character I do think he's a little old for us, given we're hoping Mane and Salah go on for a few more years we need players who will be hitting 25/26 when mane and Salah are tailling off in their 30s.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #36531 on: June 10, 2021, 03:50:38 pm »
That's kind of my point, that minor regression from elite production is still giving you excellent production. I think Sterling is as good as he's ever going to be, but it doesn't mean he's going to all of a sudden drop off a cliff. Maybe small regressions away from his once outstanding levels.

He's seemingly Guardiola's sacrificial lamb of the summer - along with Bernardo Silva - who will be potentially sold and his sale then used to justify £200m+ outlay on two other players. 'Yeah we spent £90m on Grealish and £120m on Kane but we got £100m back on Silva and Sterling.' All of a sudden 'net' will have some meaning to them.

Got an odd feeling that Sterling will be a pawn in the Kane deal and ends up at Spurs, which I’m sure he’ll be thrilled with UEFA Europa Conference football.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36532 on: June 10, 2021, 03:57:12 pm »
Got an odd feeling that Sterling will be a pawn in the Kane deal and ends up at Spurs, which I’m sure he’ll be thrilled with UEFA Europa Conference football.

Could be,paying his £300k/week salary would be a problem for Spurs though.

I'm sure they can find a 'creative' way around that with the good people at City.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #36533 on: June 10, 2021, 03:58:16 pm »
Why would Sterling be willing to leave City for Spurs?

Not gonna happen.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #36534 on: June 10, 2021, 04:03:56 pm »
Agreed on this. In terms of other players to have put up his minutes as young as he was, the examples given are Owen and Rooney who both had very obvious physical reasons for their decline. Now I know Sangria is still being positive about him but those examples felt a little strange to me. Sterling, and leaving aside his character, is WAY too good for Arsenal or Spurs. Again aside from character I do think he's a little old for us, given we're hoping Mane and Salah go on for a few more years we need players who will be hitting 25/26 when mane and Salah are tailling off in their 30s.
Owen and Rooney aren't alike footballers to Sterling in any way - the example was just given because they're really the only two comparable examples in modern times who were exposed to that many minutes as a teenager. It's a secondary factor, lots of minutes at a young age, but the typical development curve model does show a clear correlation between lots of football before you're 21/22 and your best production years coming pre-typical 'peak' of 24-28 for wide forwards/strikers. Correlation doesn't necessarily imply causality though and there are so many factors at play in all of the above that it's not possible to produce any dogmatic statements on it. I don't want to clog the thread up and aren't singling Knight out at all, but some have jumped on the discussion as if hard and fast judgements are being made on players in general, when realistically I've been speaking in generalities about a specific model of player development that is widely used by top clubs and is generally thought of as broadly accurate within analytics. There are outliers, there are exceptions.

Sterling is too good for both of those clubs, I just don't see an English team that's a clear landing place for him. Ourselves and Chelsea are too big a threat to City. Utd won't want him. So then it's who's next in the pecking order? He's from London and City have a vested interest in making any Kane deal as palatable for Spurs as possible. Not saying Sterling would want it, I see him abroad before I see him at either club. He'll likely end up (if he leaves at all) at whatever club is willing to have their name affixed to a deal that allows some heavy book-cooking on City's side, that also has enough perceived prestige from Sterling's position.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 04:05:43 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36535 on: June 10, 2021, 04:10:34 pm »
Sterling will stay at City i think

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #36536 on: June 10, 2021, 04:25:05 pm »
Assuming he leaves, and assuming we want him here and he wants to join as well, they wouldn't be stupid enough to sell him to us
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36537 on: June 10, 2021, 04:25:23 pm »
If we're not replacing Gini maybe Klopp feels we're better suited now to a 4-2-3-1?

Unless he see's Jones as the replacement given the lack of funds.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36538 on: June 10, 2021, 04:26:30 pm »
This isn't the 00's anymore. 4-2-3-1 is dead.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #36539 on: June 10, 2021, 04:28:29 pm »
It’s a miracle we won the league and European cup without Sancho or Mbappe or Messi in the squad. Almost like we’re well managed and coached!

Salah, Mane & Firmino were all in that 26-28 age bracket for those two trophies.

They'll start next season aged 29 (Firmino 30 soon after it starts)

At 29/30 you wouldn't expect age to be the reason for a decline, so it's very likely Salah will be just as effective, and we must hope that Mane & Firmino recover their previous form.

But in 2 season's time? Will we still be claiming they've got at least another season in them?

Regardless, in 2 seasons their transfer values are going to be way lower than now, especially Salah's.

I'm not proposing moving any on, least of all Salah. But we need to face reality.

The club is not financially-doped, and our previous big outlays have been funded with player sales. Whilst I'd love to be proved wrong, I don't see FSG reaching into their deep pockets and stumping up £100m+ for a ready-made replacement for Salah especially.

That means we either:

1) replace Salah with another underpriced player about to burst through into that top-elite bracket (difficult at the best of times, but a multitude of other clubs have cottoned onto and begun to ape our strategy and scouting)
2) buy someone from the very cream of top talent a year or two early (more expensive than the above, but not £100m+)
3) or cash-in on Salah whilst his value is still high, earlier than we'd ideally want, then use that to buy an Mbappe-type player

Sancho fits into that 2) option. I think he's streets better than Raphinha, for instance, and with more developing to do.

I don't know which option would be best. 1) is the most fraught with risk.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36540 on: June 10, 2021, 04:29:11 pm »
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 04:33:27 pm by Samie »

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #36541 on: June 10, 2021, 04:34:04 pm »
People talking about signing Sterling, yet many rubbishing the potential signing of Sancho due to cost.

:o

Sterling would cost in the same region, and demand a higher wage.

He's also 26 (27 in Dec) so you'd think this would be his last big-money transfer (ie, reduced selling-on price)

A club could buy Sancho at 21, have him at the club for 5/6 years, then sell him for a likely even higher transfer fee.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36542 on: June 10, 2021, 04:42:36 pm »

Klopp has played that sometimes?

I suppose Klopp may feel Keita, Ox and Jones is enough to replace Gini.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 08:34:51 pm by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36543 on: June 10, 2021, 04:45:16 pm »
In certain games but it isn't the mainstay of his play with us.

Offline Arrowsmith

• Anny Roader
  • Eee aye addio, we've won the cup!
« Reply #36544 on: June 10, 2021, 04:49:59 pm »
I loved Bellingham's mum as the Oxo lady.
Wool by birth, Scouse by blood.
JFT97

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36545 on: June 10, 2021, 05:06:15 pm »
We will no doubt be priced out of Bellingham in a couple of years time.

Shame, he’s exactly the signed we’d need then too.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36546 on: June 10, 2021, 05:09:15 pm »
We will no doubt be priced out of Bellingham in a couple of years time.

It's the rocketing property prices. Interestingly there's an Adolf Street in Bellingham, named after the inspirational German leader.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36547 on: June 10, 2021, 05:26:29 pm »
Tell that to Bayern.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36548 on: June 10, 2021, 05:27:42 pm »
Just rang my mate Karl-Heinz to tell him.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #36549 on: June 10, 2021, 06:08:34 pm »
Welcome to modern day football.

Mbappe turns 23 this year, crazy to think he's only got around 3 years left before he can get no better.

Sterling is a modern day phenomenon, he faces a completely different level of scrutiny to the vast majority of players through the media and football fans and for what reason... who knows? Look at his stats and find 3 other players who are 'terrible' finishers, then look at those who are lauded for their goalscoring prowess from the same/similar attacking positions and see how small the gap is in terms of numbers.

Sterling has had a bad season by his own standards but it's not to do with having played too much, bad seasons do happen sometimes but nowadays in the age of NOW NOW NOW, a bad season is either the end or the beginning of the end. He has plenty of room to improve and improve his numbers, he hasn't peaked at all IMO.

Footballs funny right now, Messi was finished early this season and finished the season on what 30/31 goals.

Very good post - really agree with the bit about his finishing and the bit about perception of players finishing skill generally - far too often its a binary narrative (e.g. I'll perversely enjoy Werners reversion to the mean next season even though I won't enjoy who hes scoring for)

I honestly don't know if Sterling has peaked - time will tell, seems unlikely given his age and general fitness but lets see ... but City changed how they play this season (not enough was written about this) and it could just as easily be a different system/role in the team that accounts for his numbers dip as anything else

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #36550 on: June 10, 2021, 06:15:29 pm »
That's kind of my point, that minor regression from elite production is still giving you excellent production. I think Sterling is as good as he's ever going to be, but it doesn't mean he's going to all of a sudden drop off a cliff. Maybe small regressions away from his once outstanding levels.

He's seemingly Guardiola's sacrificial lamb of the summer - along with Bernardo Silva - who will be potentially sold and his sale then used to justify £200m+ outlay on two other players. 'Yeah we spent £90m on Grealish and £120m on Kane but we got £100m back on Silva and Sterling.' All of a sudden 'net' will have some meaning to them.

As I've just posted I honestly dont know what Sterling's future holds performance wise ... however I don't believe for a second they'll sell him - he's an absolute work horse for them and one of the better wide forwards in europe and ... tragically for the league.. they dont have to sell to buy Grealish or whoever. Unless he really wants to leave I think he'll be there for a few more years

Offline Racer

• Shit Aldi Snickers
  • Kopite
« Reply #36551 on: June 10, 2021, 06:48:07 pm »

Out of interest what do people think it would cost to sign Bellingham ? I guess we may need a cap and balaclava.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36552 on: June 10, 2021, 06:57:58 pm »
some twitter links to Weghorst no idea if true.

But that would be a very smart signing.
Probably around 25m. Only problem is his age.

He would be an incredible threat in the box & is quick as well despite his size at 6"7

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #36553 on: June 10, 2021, 07:00:01 pm »
Klopp has played that sometimes?

I suppose Klopp may fell Keita, Ox and Jones
Bit harsh!

I wouldn't put much stock in that rumour

(good actor, sadly missed)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #36554 on: June 10, 2021, 07:00:46 pm »

His stock has risen quite a bit since those adverts came out.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36555 on: June 10, 2021, 07:22:59 pm »
https://twitter.com/BellinghamJude/status/1402992894084976642

Hendo has begun the tapping up.  8)

Song writes itself.

Naaaaaa na na
Na na na na
Na na na na
Jude Victor William Bellingham

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #36556 on: June 10, 2021, 07:41:08 pm »
And Bellingham. Gave him his first England shirt the other day. Posted a picture of them both today with him presenting him with his first Cap, too.

I mean, you’d think Kane would do such duties but obviously not.

tbf word is Kane handed the shirt and cap to Hendo and said "Do ya mind doing this shit i hate doing that waste of time crap with these fringe types, i need to take some selfies of me golden boots."

So, he probably got a touch on it.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online jlb

• Anny Roader
« Reply #36557 on: June 10, 2021, 07:48:17 pm »
Nothing in the Italian press yet linking us with Pellegrini.

Mind you, he'd be perfect for us: he's just been ruled out of the Euros by a thigh strain.

Offline Arrowsmith

• Anny Roader
  • Eee aye addio, we've won the cup!
« Reply #36558 on: June 10, 2021, 08:03:37 pm »
His stock has risen quite a bit since those adverts came out.
;D ;D ;D
Wool by birth, Scouse by blood.
JFT97

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #36559 on: June 10, 2021, 08:06:20 pm »
Do you see the shite flowing?

Well the Mods's came round in the middle of the night
you could hear Samie crying, knew something wernt right
He was pinning down Mbappe with the weekly load
and you can smell the Shite flowing down on Transferthread Road.
Transferhead row-oh-owed
You can smell the Shite burning down on Transferthread Road.

Well the Tranferthreads got a chopper in the air
i woke up screaming like it was Jamie O'Hare
I learned a thing or two from Edwards dont you know
you better stay away from Transferthread Road
Transferthread row-ow-owed
You better stay away from Transferthread Road
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.