Author Topic: EA Play Live  (Read 718 times)

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
EA Play Live
« on: June 19, 2020, 01:05:27 am »
Don’t know if anybody just watched this, but if you didn’t, I really envy you.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Re: EA Play Live
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 01:40:36 am »
Genuinely the worst game showreel I’ve ever seen.

Half of them were just cross play announcements on old games, or old games coming to a new platform. The rest just either looked absolute shite, or an announcement with little gameplay. Don’t even start me on that twat Greg Miller.
AHA!

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 12:33:13 am »
It really was awful. Probably the worst showing of a major developer/publisher I've seen, and right before a brand new gen and all. The only saving grace was the surprising Star Wars Squadrons game that has full VR support. I never thought I'd see EA make a fully fledged Star Wars title that supported VR, and it looks really good. I'm not a Star Wars nut by any means, but if I were to go back and tell 15 year old me I'd get a chance to feel like I'm actually sitting in an X-Wing flying around a Star Destroyer in space, I think I'd have told myself to get to fuck. Excited for that one. Should sell a few headsets, that.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 01:56:29 pm »
Only downside with Squadrons is it’s only 5v5 online.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 06:45:22 pm »
Only downside with Squadrons is it’s only 5v5 online.
Probably due to the VR aspect. I don't necessarily think lesser players is a bad thing, though. In some cases it can be beneficial, especially for team cooperation. On the plus side, it's also cross platform on all platforms, unless I'm mistaken?

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 09:46:45 pm »
Probably due to the VR aspect. I don't necessarily think lesser players is a bad thing, though. In some cases it can be beneficial, especially for team cooperation. On the plus side, it's also cross platform on all platforms, unless I'm mistaken?

Making a game about big space battles but then limiting it to 5v5 seems counter productive though IMO, especially considering yiu can have VR v Non-VR users aswell.

Think the cross platform is right though.