Author Topic: STH FAN UPDATE - All 'The Dog Ate My ID" in here  (Read 116482 times)

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
Re: STH FAN UPDATE - All 'The Dog Ate My ID" in here
« Reply #280 on: March 11, 2020, 10:25:20 am »
Yeah appreciate it's all up in the air but didn't know how many hypotheticals get mentioned at these meetings! Ignore if it's stupid
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #281 on: March 11, 2020, 10:27:59 am »
But that's effectively a season ticket which is why it isn't guaranteed.

If people have been on 19 for years and effectively been a STH but without the benefits then I don't think that should be taken away from us. Its not fair.

Yet I know a lad who didn't go the game for the past 15 years, but sat on the ST waiting list since the mid 90's and now he has a ST this past 2 years. It's bullshit because he doesnt even attend all the games - it gets shared between 4 lads.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 10:30:00 am by Always_A_Red »
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #282 on: March 11, 2020, 10:47:54 am »
So all those years going to every game even when we were awful, now means nothing just so that people who never shown any interest in going at that time can first have my ticket for 3 of the games with the newly promoted sides. Then if for once I can't make just a couple out of the other 13 due to work/illness/game rescheduling for tv etc. for a change thats me gone for good and into randomness for the rest of my life basically.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #283 on: March 11, 2020, 11:18:36 am »
2. Will coronavirus mean that some credits this season are refunded if games are played behind closed doors?

Yes. But who honestly is bothered about the money right now?

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: March 11, 2020, 11:21:05 am »

No more worried it being played behind closed doors and not seeing it... :lmao which seems mad when you think about.

Next best thing it you hope its all died down and you see the trophy lift but would rather be there to see the former.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #285 on: March 11, 2020, 11:22:15 am »
The number of ACS wanting to renew is going to be bigger than the pot though.

There is 100% gonna be a free for all for European ACS and some will lose out

The initial ACS cannot be any bigger than this season's as if you did not go on it as a STH this season you don't get a first run at it for next. Only those on it now are guaranteed to be on it again next year and inevitably some will not renew for differing reasons.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: March 11, 2020, 11:22:56 am »
So if I have more than 6 people in my Friends&Family, I'll have to remove some?

You won't be able to register more than 6.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: March 11, 2020, 11:23:59 am »
Thanks Graham.

Sorry to bother you but just a couple of questions if you can provide some clarity:

1. Is the guaranteed sale still for 13+ or is the criteria being increased?
2. Will coronavirus mean that some credits this season are refunded if games are played behind closed doors?

Thanks

1. No Yes - no change
2. Don't know. Too early to say.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:43:42 am by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #288 on: March 11, 2020, 11:38:07 am »
1. No
2. Don't know. Too early to say.

RIP to all the fans who will only make 13 with Villa, Chelsea or Bunrley

Or even more so if they already have those games secured!

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: March 11, 2020, 11:43:07 am »
RIP to all the fans who will only make 13 with Villa, Chelsea or Bunrley

Or even more so if they already have those games secured!

Sorry, response completely wrong - the main sale won't change.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #290 on: March 11, 2020, 11:43:20 am »

Oh I don't want the money - they can keep it, I just still want the credit! That's what I'm worried about. Might make getting a Palace single even more important.
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: March 11, 2020, 11:53:42 am »
Sorry, response completely wrong - the main sale won't change.

Sorry, I mean if for example someone has 15, including palace, burnley, villa and chelsea, then a lot could miss out because they'd be needing 13+ out of the 15 we have currently played at home (if the club plays matches behind closed doors and cancels the tickets to refund people)

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #292 on: March 11, 2020, 11:59:15 am »
Surely if there’s closed doors the club should make it 12/18 or 11/17 or whatever

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #293 on: March 11, 2020, 11:59:31 am »
Sorry, I mean if for example someone has 15, including palace, burnley, villa and chelsea, then a lot could miss out because they'd be needing 13+ out of the 15 we have currently played at home (if the club plays matches behind closed doors and cancels the tickets to refund people)

This is exactly my fear. I already have Villa and that'll be my 13th game.

Offline PJJ

• Main Stander
  • We won it 6 times in Madrid
« Reply #294 on: March 11, 2020, 12:08:03 pm »
Essentially they have a choice of either refund the money but the credits still count or discount any games behind closed doors but lower number of games needed.

Either will cause problems and some will be on the wrong side of what call they make.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: March 11, 2020, 12:12:20 pm »
Essentially they have a choice of either refund the money but the credits still count or discount any games behind closed doors but lower number of games needed.

Either will cause problems and some will be on the wrong side of what call they make.
but if they closed doors games like palace then people won’t be able to get tickets for it meaning some will be stuck on the wrong side of 13 but also didn’t have the chance to progress. Making it 13 out of 18 games is really unfair

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #296 on: March 11, 2020, 12:25:21 pm »
 Be same with aways in theory people will drop if lay 4 aways aren’t sold.
My guess as with the members sales of you were guaranteed in a sale you will get the credit

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #297 on: March 11, 2020, 12:46:16 pm »
So all those years going to every game even when we were awful, now means nothing just so that people who never shown any interest in going at that time can first have my ticket for 3 of the games with the newly promoted sides. Then if for once I can't make just a couple out of the other 13 due to work/illness/game rescheduling for tv etc. for a change thats me gone for good and into randomness for the rest of my life basically.

I haven't missed a home league game in Christ knows how long thanks to putting in some serious effort over the years in the ticket sales. I am already resigned to missing the three promoted sides every season from now on. Fucking gutted.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: March 11, 2020, 02:26:46 pm »
Same here.

Went to 51 of our games last season.  I've been going and building up my credits for 20 years, ever since I could afford to in fact, but after I had any chance of getting a season ticket.  From next season, I'll probably not be able to get tickets for the old category C matches.

How is it fair that people with 19 homes get shafted while STH get enhanced benefits to share their membership with up to six people?

I could stomach this, if STH and members were treated the same in terms of measuring loyalty.  It should be based on actual attendance, not whether you have bought 19 tickets or not, and that goes for STH as well.

Why is it members who have demonstrated their attendance loyalty have to make way to allow newcomers a chance?  Surely the STH who goes to about half the games and may not even be the person in whose name the ticket was originally issued should make way first?

A season ticket should be for one named individual.  Simple.  If people don't want to go to all the games, then move aside and let someone who does have it.

I've previously suggested allowing existing STH to convert to half- or quarter-season tickets if that's what they want to attend.  There's no reason why the Club has to sell the 19 PL home games as the only package; no reason why there can't be a pick-and-mix of a smaller number of games, with constraints to prevent cherry-picking of category A games.

I don't get any sense that Spirit of Shankly is fighting for the members on 19 here.  There's too much vested interest in protecting the status quo for STH.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: March 11, 2020, 02:33:02 pm »

I don't get any sense that Spirit of Shankly is fighting for the members on 19 here.  There's too much vested interest in protecting the status quo for STH.

Members on 19 are second class citizens to the club compared to ST holders.

Most in SOS probs have season tickets, but I'm not going to slate what they're fighting for at all

Members on 19 should get the same perks, after all, we pay more!

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: March 11, 2020, 03:08:45 pm »
Question: if in our next season, a STH goes to 10 matches and passes on to named Friends-and-Family for 9 games, how many home PL credits will they have when buying away tickets the season after?

None as this is for home games only.

And home credits are not factored into away games.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: March 11, 2020, 03:16:59 pm »
None as this is for home games only.

And home credits are not factored into away games.

Doh!.  Sorry was being dumb.  Question deleted!

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: March 11, 2020, 03:29:35 pm »
Same here.

Went to 51 of our games last season.  I've been going and building up my credits for 20 years, ever since I could afford to in fact, but after I had any chance of getting a season ticket.  From next season, I'll probably not be able to get tickets for the old category C matches.

How is it fair that people with 19 homes get shafted while STH get enhanced benefits to share their membership with up to six people?

I could stomach this, if STH and members were treated the same in terms of measuring loyalty.  It should be based on actual attendance, not whether you have bought 19 tickets or not, and that goes for STH as well.

Why is it members who have demonstrated their attendance loyalty have to make way to allow newcomers a chance?  Surely the STH who goes to about half the games and may not even be the person in whose name the ticket was originally issued should make way first?

A season ticket should be for one named individual.  Simple.  If people don't want to go to all the games, then move aside and let someone who does have it.

I've previously suggested allowing existing STH to convert to half- or quarter-season tickets if that's what they want to attend.  There's no reason why the Club has to sell the 19 PL home games as the only package; no reason why there can't be a pick-and-mix of a smaller number of games, with constraints to prevent cherry-picking of category A games.

Might be better to get your facts right first.

Members' rights have been protected and enhanced over the last few years because of SOS not in spite of it.

It was SOS and others who pushed to get Members virtually the same F&F passing on rights as STHs next season. Also giving the Members the same ACS access next season as STHs if you were in it this year.

The ticket meetings I have been in are dominated by Members not STH. I didn't hear any member at a recent meeting express outrage at the ballot idea - which is supported by 80% of who? Members.

The only people who have rights eroded over the last few years have been STHs.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 03:31:26 pm by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #303 on: March 11, 2020, 03:39:30 pm »
Members and season tickets holders on the same credits used to be treated the same a few years ago. Now a sale goes to season tickets first then members. So there has been a change there

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #304 on: March 11, 2020, 03:42:45 pm »
You won't be able to register more than 6.

I take it away tickets will be limited to 6 then instead of 10.

Also how with the ticket app on your phone work for adult/child tickets if the child doesnt have a mobile phone.

Thanks for all the information

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: March 11, 2020, 03:45:09 pm »
I can't remember if it was a question on the survey but I wonder if they looked at what category of credits the people voting for or against the ballot were in. I literally know of no one who wants a ballot, and I really can't imagine anyone on 13+ would be in favour, it'll surely be all the casual match goers.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: March 11, 2020, 03:46:04 pm »
I can't remember if it was a question on the survey but I wonder if they looked at what category of credits the people voting for or against the ballot were in. I literally know of no one who wants a ballot, and I really can't imagine anyone on 13+ would be in favour, it'll surely be all the casual match goers.
surely they’d know based on responses

Offline Herzog93

• Main Stander
« Reply #307 on: March 11, 2020, 03:50:51 pm »
A member on 19 and I agree that members don't get the same rights as STH and it's very annoying.

However I still don't get the outrage about the ballot for the newly promoted sides next season. We've never been guaranteed the newly promoted sides unless it was an opening/last day fixture.

Hence the reason why I still currently don't have Villa this year.

It just means I'll have to do the annoying F5 refresh in the run up to game. That won't change next season.

I actually prefer my chances in a ballot that the current online queuing system.

Admittedly it would be nice if we were just guaranteed for every game but that does make it a bit of a closed shop and I can see why they do it.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: March 11, 2020, 03:51:19 pm »
I take it away tickets will be limited to 6 then instead of 10.

Also how with the ticket app on your phone work for adult/child tickets if the child doesnt have a mobile phone.

Thanks for all the information

This has nothing to do with away tickets.

Those without a phone will be accommodated we were told.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: March 11, 2020, 03:55:14 pm »
This has nothing to do with away tickets.

Those without a phone will be accommodated we were told.

So are the cards redundant next season then? Access by mobile app only?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: March 11, 2020, 03:58:08 pm »

No, it's only by mobile if the ticket has been transferred

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: March 11, 2020, 04:02:40 pm »

It just means I'll have to do the annoying F5 refresh in the run up to game. That won't change next season.

I actually prefer my chances in a ballot that the current online queuing system.

We can't all sit online all day every day. Taking a morning off for the sales was far less intrusive on your working week than the devotion I've witnessed in here from the F5ers! I admire their dedication and I know I couldn't commit to the same if I had to.

Plus I may be panicking too much, who knows, but I really think the sheer numbers taking pot luck on a ballot they have to put no effort into will be a shock to a lot of people compared to those who could or were prepared to try in the bulk sales. I am telling myself I will have no chance of getting any of the old Cat C games, and will be downright shocked if I do.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: March 11, 2020, 04:04:16 pm »
No, it's only by mobile if the ticket has been transferred

So how are they policing the passing on of cards? What's to stop me just giving the card to a mate and not transferring the credit using the mobile app?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: March 11, 2020, 04:05:37 pm »

No - new cards next season but if you lose your card no replacement and you go onto phone access.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: March 11, 2020, 04:06:15 pm »
So how are they policing the passing on of cards? What's to stop me just giving the card to a mate and not transferring the credit using the mobile app?

Which surely will happen, especially to friends who aren't members.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: March 11, 2020, 04:07:08 pm »

Well that's obviously what's going to happen in the vast majority of cases since if you pass the ticket on you lose the credit. So no-one is going to do that, they'll just pass the card on like you said.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: March 11, 2020, 04:12:18 pm »
Well that's obviously what's going to happen in the vast majority of cases since if you pass the ticket on you lose the credit. So no-one is going to do that, they'll just pass the card on like you said.
makes the phone system useless then

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: March 11, 2020, 04:19:26 pm »
Might be better to get your facts right first.

Members' rights have been protected and enhanced over the last few years because of SOS not in spite of it.

It was SOS and others who pushed to get Members virtually the same F&F passing on rights as STHs next season. Also giving the Members the same ACS access next season as STHs if you were in it this year.

The ticket meetings I have been in are dominated by Members not STH. I didn't hear any member at a recent meeting express outrage at the ballot idea - which is supported by 80% of who? Members.

The only people who have rights eroded over the last few years have been STHs.

Graham, that's a spirited defence of my line saying I don't get a sense that SoS is properly looking after members on 19 -- and SoS does enough good work in my eyes that I support it by being a member; I am not anti-SoS -- but it doesn't address what went before.

I'm talking about the basic iniquity of members having to attend games to keep access to tickets, whereas STH can just go to a few games and pass on the ticket for the rest.

People can queue-jump (or already have queue-jumped) and get their hands on a season ticket by having it transferred from someone else's name.  This is blatantly unfair to those of us on the waiting list.

If the objective is to free up on some seats for newbies, then we should all be taking a hit.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: March 11, 2020, 04:31:01 pm »
Graham, that's a spirited defence of my line saying I don't get a sense that SoS is properly looking after members on 19 -- and SoS does enough good work in my eyes that I support it by being a member; I am not anti-SoS -- but it doesn't address what went before.

I'm talking about the basic iniquity of members having to attend games to keep access to tickets, whereas STH can just go to a few games and pass on the ticket for the rest.

People can queue-jump (or already have queue-jumped) and get their hands on a season ticket by having it transferred from someone else's name.  This is blatantly unfair to those of us on the waiting list.

If the objective is to free up on some seats for newbies, then we should all be taking a hit.

Surely no other club does this

It's no wonder we have a closed 30+ year waiting list

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #319 on: March 11, 2020, 04:32:02 pm »
Surely STH will only be able to pass their ST on a few times per season to others? I thought they were going to limit it to 6 games but maybe I misunderstood and it's 6 people.

I have more than 6 F&F but have never passed any tkt on to them. I have just bought aways for them if they don't have internet access when they go on sale, of them for me occasionally. So it sounds like I will have to cull my friends :D and manage somehow

I just don't get how STH can pass their cards on to others with no checks. Isn't that what touts do now?!

I know we will have to upload a photo etc so they know whose the ST is, but if they don't then look at who is using it.....   ??? :-\ confused.com
We are a team of one half.