Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension  (Read 895773 times)

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Echo Update on Anfield Road Extension
« Reply #480 on: February 11, 2020, 01:29:57 pm »
How is Barcelona's match-day revenue so high? I know the Nou Camp is massive but I thought their ticket prices were low, and that they rarely filled it for league games?

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: February 11, 2020, 01:59:23 pm »
How is Barcelona's match-day revenue so high? I know the Nou Camp is massive but I thought their ticket prices were low, and that they rarely filled it for league games?

Nou Camp tickets aren't that cheap and there are massive price differences depending on where you sit and the opposition. While there may be loads of empty seats for league games, the seats are already sold as they have a ridiculously high percentage of season ticket holders. Its easy to get tickets because they allow ST holders to release their seat back to the club if they're not going and they resell it on the official club website.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #482 on: February 11, 2020, 05:04:01 pm »
Looking forward to seeing more pictures as they come out. Didn't think they could be ready to have it done by the start of the 22/23 season, I thought it'd be about 4/5 years from now, very impressive.

It'd be nice one day if they could extend the Centenary stand and get a few thousand more seats in, but I doubt it'll happen. It's mad to think if they did though, the Kop would end up being the smallest stand by capacity.

Getting the road end done will be great, and I'm sure it'll look lovely, but in reference to some of the points above, I don't particularly think that the stadium needs to hold as many as Barca/Real/Bayern to achieve success, or even sustain it. We've won the European Cup in a few different periods, the late 70s/early 80s, the mid 00s and 2019, and there's been differences throughout those periods, and changes made to Anfield. The ground is massively important sure, but it's primarily on the pitch what counts. Don't forget we've got a shiny new training complex due in the summer, as well.

However many it holds, it's still the greatest ground in this country for sure, and in my eyes, the world too.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #483 on: February 11, 2020, 07:52:42 pm »
Not financially with the top teams as you alluded to in your initial post though.

The financial side I agree isn't the major issue now that it was once ARE complete. We've done well to close the gap in terms of match revenues even if we're still behind Emirates and Old Trafford (and Spurs now with London prices and a new stadium charging more per seat) we've substantially reduced the gap from what it was before 2015.

My point was more about stature. We can't get enough people in the ground.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 07:57:33 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #484 on: February 11, 2020, 08:08:43 pm »
The financial side I agree isn't the major issue now that it was once ARE complete. We've done well to close the gap in terms of match revenues even if we're still behind Emirates and Old Trafford (and Spurs now with London prices and a new stadium charging more per seat) we've substantially reduced the gap from what it was before 2015.

Stature? Who is currently looking at us and thinking we aren't one of the biggest clubs in the world?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: February 11, 2020, 08:14:02 pm »

Is there anything you won't put a negative spin on?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: February 11, 2020, 09:20:39 pm »
Stature? Who is currently looking at us and thinking we aren't one of the biggest clubs in the world?

Which is why 60,000 capacity doesn't even touch the sides. It's an excellent improvement on 45,000 but it's not a long term solution was my point.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 09:24:46 pm by Fromola »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #487 on: February 11, 2020, 09:48:26 pm »
Which is why 60,000 capacity doesn't even touch the sides. It's an excellent improvement on 45,000 but it's not a long term solution was my point.

It’s not because it would be amazing to offer a space for each and every fan who wants one, however that’s very different than doing it for ‘stature’ which is more a dick measuring exercise.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #488 on: February 11, 2020, 10:27:02 pm »

Blue Moon...

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #489 on: February 12, 2020, 12:08:44 pm »
Nice...
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: February 12, 2020, 12:11:14 pm »
Looks beautiful!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #491 on: February 12, 2020, 12:16:23 pm »
Nice...
fella between the two lads in white near the bike looks like hes walking funny
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: February 12, 2020, 12:23:26 pm »
Plenty of white man van supporters in that pic.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #493 on: February 12, 2020, 12:26:16 pm »
Updated info here too...

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/anfieldroadexpansion/proposals

Seems to rule our installing rail seating. Not sure if the design is inline with current regs for that so it would be a simple swap in the future though.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #495 on: February 12, 2020, 12:27:59 pm »
I’m happy.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: February 12, 2020, 12:36:19 pm »

...and it looks like his brother is to the right of the lamp post in the middle of the picture.

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #497 on: February 12, 2020, 12:46:45 pm »
Interesting thing I've spotted. Theres no indication of side vertical roof trusses for the ARE on either internal or external renders - only the MS vertical truss is visible externally. Anyone else onto that?
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #498 on: February 12, 2020, 12:47:05 pm »
Just had a mooch on Skyscraper City to see what the Skyscrapercityladz think of the new developments.
There's someone on there, 'Demolition Dan' who is NOT happy with practically anything happening with anything and mentions RAWK with utter disdain at any given opportunity. Slagging us RIGHT off. He's got to be Whiteboots. Or Al 666.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #499 on: February 12, 2020, 12:51:12 pm »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: February 12, 2020, 01:01:37 pm »
Looks amazing.

Stadium looks majestic from that Stanley Park view.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #501 on: February 12, 2020, 01:05:35 pm »
With the financial model to build this sorted and with his recent statue unveiling - why don't we just name it the ' Bob Paisley Stand ' ? Would be entirely appropriate. I might suggest this in the consultation feedback.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #502 on: February 12, 2020, 01:10:30 pm »
I like it alot
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #503 on: February 12, 2020, 01:12:07 pm »
That close up view looking along the back of the stand looks beautiful with all the trees etc. I hope the diverted Anny Road would be 20 mph limit though, even on non-match days, as it looks quite a tight road.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: February 12, 2020, 01:27:10 pm »

An extra 15,000 without the huge financial burden of a new build 60,000 stadium is a good result especially as we've kept Anfield. Whether some of the mythology is bullshit or not, enough believe it, and arguably it's helped our European Cup campaigns.

If we went new build for an even bigger capacity God knows what the cost would've been, and we'd have lost "Anfield".

Nobody knows what the future holds in general and the club have already acknowledged that the way younger fans interact with football has changed, and that is shaping some of the work the club are doing on digital content. That along with new broadcasting models may mean that going all in on an 80k new build would result in an underused white elephant stadium that affects the club's ability to compete on the pitch.

60,000 with the maximum outstanding stadium debt likely to be around £150m is a good balance.

It's easy to sit there saying "60,000 is not enough", but more difficult to make the decisions and face the consequences of them.
If we had to do what Arsenal did in the decade after the Emirates move, the moaning would be unreal.
"We should've stayed at Anfield and extended" etc.....

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #505 on: February 12, 2020, 01:31:59 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/12/liverpool-aim-to-start-60m-anfield-road-redevelopment-this-year-completion-summer-2022

“Our plan is to go into a planning process in March through April and expect a planning determination to come in late summer,” Liverpool’s chief operating officer, Andy Hughes, said. “Assuming that goes to plan we would be able to commence the build towards the end of this year and take us through to completion in the summer of 2022.

“There are lot of things that can happen on that journey and even a small change on the planning application could delay us.”

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #506 on: February 12, 2020, 01:37:46 pm »
Could be based on Jordan Henderson
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: February 12, 2020, 01:40:47 pm »
An extra 15,000 without the huge financial burden of a new build 60,000 stadium is a good result especially as we've kept Anfield. Whether some of the mythology is bullshit or not, enough believe it, and arguably it's helped our European Cup campaigns.

If we went new build for an even bigger capacity God knows what the cost would've been, and we'd have lost "Anfield".

Nobody knows what the future holds in general and the club have already acknowledged that the way younger fans interact with football has changed, and that is shaping some of the work the club are doing on digital content. That along with new broadcasting models may mean that going all in on an 80k new build would result in an underused white elephant stadium that affects the club's ability to compete on the pitch.

60,000 with the maximum outstanding stadium debt likely to be around £150m is a good balance.

It's easy to sit there saying "60,000 is not enough", but more difficult to make the decisions and face the consequences of them.
If we had to do what Arsenal did in the decade after the Emirates move, the moaning would be unreal.
"We should've stayed at Anfield and extended" etc.....

I think the owners have been very wise with it and got it right assuming the ARE construction is a success.

All i'm saying is i'd like some kind of plan to expand the ground further, even if it's a generation away, rather than retire on 60k and be happy with it. It's certainly not going to happen in the short term but we should be looking at options.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #508 on: February 12, 2020, 01:42:33 pm »
All i'm saying is i'd like some kind of plan to expand the ground further, even if it's a generation away, rather than retire on 60k and be happy with it. It's certainly not going to happen in the short term but we should be looking at options.

The club have apparently had this all looked into going by what someone on here in the know said a while ago. They aren't about to make these plans public though, as so much can change between now and when these could be possible, and fans would only call for them sooner and sooner.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: February 12, 2020, 01:49:37 pm »
The club have apparently had this all looked into going by what someone on here in the know said a while ago. They aren't about to make these plans public though, as so much can change between now and when these could be possible, and fans would only call for them sooner and sooner.

As long as it's being seriously looked at that's fine. Work on the other 2 stands are going to be a long term project anyway.

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #510 on: February 12, 2020, 01:55:10 pm »
This looks brilliant and although we'd all love to see an 80k stadium, this is definitely a step in the right direction. Minimal cost to the club, an extra 7k seats and a stadium worthy of the European Champions. Love what the owners have done with the club so far and long may it continue.
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: February 12, 2020, 01:59:27 pm »
Just had a mooch on Skyscraper City to see what the Skyscrapercityladz think of the new developments.
There's someone on there, 'Demolition Dan' who is NOT happy with practically anything happening with anything and mentions RAWK with utter disdain at any given opportunity. Slagging us RIGHT off. He's got to be Whiteboots. Or Al 666.
'Demolition Dan' sounds like an absolute virgin if you ask me.

Love the plans, love what the owners have done with the stadium. Exciting times ahead for the club.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: February 12, 2020, 02:21:06 pm »
I think the owners have been very wise with it and got it right assuming the ARE construction is a success.

As I say, who knows what watching football will look like in the future. 30 years from now, 60,000 may be too big.

Offline charles

• Main Stander
« Reply #513 on: February 12, 2020, 02:31:38 pm »
I've had a look but can't find a post or thread that provides some info so would you kind chaps mind answering a couple of queries please.

So after the AR stand is completed, realistically what could be next? I've always wondered whether they would look into increasing capacity on the Kop but how would they go about this, and could it be sacrilege to even consider it given the historical value of that stand and the fact that it's supposed to be an intimidating single tier all the way up. I don't know... make it slightly steeper and taller?!

I've also been wondering if they had thought about adding more seats into the corners between the main stand, Anfield Rd and KD's stand? Being an engineering luddite though I have no idea if that's even feasible. Was it considered at all during the planning process? It would increase capacity exponentially but I'm assuming there is a good reason it's not going to happen.

Basically in my head I'm thinking up multiple ways we can keep going until we've got more seats than a certain other club regardless of any practicality!  :lickin

Cheers.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #514 on: February 12, 2020, 02:33:15 pm »
Hahaha. Hi Charles.

Craig will be here to see you soon.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #515 on: February 12, 2020, 02:36:32 pm »
Hahaha. Hi Charles.

Craig will be here to see you soon.

:boxhead

I've had a look but can't find a post or thread that provides some info so would you kind chaps mind answering a couple of queries please.

So after the AR stand is completed, realistically what could be next? I've always wondered whether they would look into increasing capacity on the Kop but how would they go about this, and could it be sacrilege to even consider it given the historical value of that stand and the fact that it's supposed to be an intimidating single tier all the way up. I don't know... make it slightly steeper and taller?!

I've also been wondering if they had thought about adding more seats into the corners between the main stand, Anfield Rd and KD's stand? Being an engineering luddite though I have no idea if that's even feasible. Was it considered at all during the planning process? It would increase capacity exponentially but I'm assuming there is a good reason it's not going to happen.

Basically in my head I'm thinking up multiple ways we can keep going until we've got more seats than a certain other club regardless of any practicality!  :lickin

Cheers.

Kenny is hemmed in behind by houses quite close to the stadium. Unlike behind the Main before it was done the housing here is in good condition and lived in. Corners are an issue due to roof support the Kenny (and Kop) have, as well as the various stands being different profiles so linking them up would cause issues.

Kop is about as steep as you can get I believe. Going back would require work with the roof so becomes expensive for little gain. Road & buildings behind the Kop makes it hard to totally rebuild bigger.

All problems could be overcome of course, but it really comes down to cost and feasibility.

Offline vorsprungtorbenpieknik

• Anny Roader
« Reply #516 on: February 12, 2020, 02:39:10 pm »
The fact of the matter is that, once built, we would have increased our capacity to 61,000 for a combined £175m. Spurs increased theirs from 39,000 to 62,000. For £1bn.

So Spurs have 1,000 extra seats for a premium of £725m more than us.

That money could have gone on players. They signed hardly any players due to finance limits. We bought Fabinho, Allison and Van Dijk (amongst others) and won the Champions league and are going to win the league.

That's the difference.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #517 on: February 12, 2020, 02:44:22 pm »

We are also continuing to develop an acoustic and lighting strategy which meets with our ambitions for a world-class Stadium.

On the mention of acoustics. I'm pretty sure I've read the discussion on these forums before with regards to the ground singing out of sync since the Main Stand was redeveloped. I always assumed that was down to the acoustics (rather then the influx of a new breed of fans!), with the Main Stand towering over the rest of the stadium, and sounds taking longer to travel up to the top tier. Especially in regards to the sound travelling from the back of the Kop.

It will be interesting to see how an extended Anny Road would affect that, and if it might help 'resync' the sound due to the tier being more level with the top of the Main Stand.

Kind of unimportant, but would be interested to hear from someone who knows a bit more about sound tech.  :wave

Either way, 61,000 fans in full voice when Anfield is on top form is a glorious thought.

The fact of the matter is that, once built, we would have increased our capacity to 61,000 for a combined £175m. Spurs increased theirs from 39,000 to 62,000. For £1bn.

So Spurs have 1,000 extra seats for a premium of £725m more than us.

That money could have gone on players. They signed hardly any players due to finance limits. We bought Fabinho, Allison and Van Dijk (amongst others) and won the Champions league and are going to win the league.

That's the difference.

Absolutely spot on
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 02:46:57 pm by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #518 on: February 12, 2020, 02:47:13 pm »

On the mention of acoustics. I'm pretty sure I've read the discussion on these forums before with regards to the ground singing out of sync since the Main Stand was redeveloped. I always assumed that was down to the acoustics (rather then the influx of a new breed of fans!), with the Main Stand towering over the rest of the stadium, and sounds taking longer to travel up to the top tier. Especially in regards to the sound travelling from the back of the Kop.

It will be interesting to see how an extended Anny Road would affect that, and if it might help 'resync' the sound due to the tier being more level with the top of the Main Stand.

Kind of unimportant, but would be interested to hear from someone who knows a bit more about sound tech.  :wave

Either way, 61,000 fans in full voice when Anfield is on top form is a glorious thought.

My ST is on the halfway line, and it's always been out of sync way before the new main.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #519 on: February 12, 2020, 02:53:48 pm »
My ST is on the halfway line, and it's always been out of sync way before the new main.

Fair enough! I've always noticed it the most when I've been stuck up in the top corners of the Main Stand, especially the corner above the Kop, like the sound of the Kop is bouncing off the Anny Road and the other side of the Main Stand before reaching there or something.

Or maybe I'm chatting absolute wallop!  :D