Author Topic: Curtis Jones  (Read 604772 times)

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Re: Curtis Jones
« Reply #5960 on: January 23, 2024, 09:41:33 am »
Not that I give much of a fuck, but one of the reasons Trent works as an inverted full-back for Liverpool is how good the right sided centre half alongside him (often Konate) is. Who have England got who is even remotely as good or athletic? Closest they've got is probably Guehi?

In terms of A.N.Other alonsgide Rice or Bellingham, England don't have anybody who is as good a foil as Jones. It's baffling that he doesn't get selected. I'd argue he's Liverpool's first choice midfielder right now on form and we're top of the league. You'd think that would pique a manager's interest.
I don't think it's overly baffling that he's not been selected yet. I agree he's a top talent with a lot to offer but he's still an emerging talent that has had a few injuries that will have ruled him out of England contention or just given Southgate pause for thought. I guess he needs to stay fit for several months and showcase his abilities over a longer period - that's his only real thing to prove now.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5961 on: January 23, 2024, 09:58:36 am »
I don't think it's overly baffling that he's not been selected yet. I agree he's a top talent with a lot to offer but he's still an emerging talent that has had a few injuries that will have ruled him out of England contention or just given Southgate pause for thought. I guess he needs to stay fit for several months and showcase his abilities over a longer period - that's his only real thing to prove now.

You've got to marry that fact up with him still picking the likes of Phillips and Henderson though. For experimentation purposes alone, you'd surely give Jones his due - if not for his club form, then at least for what he's done for the unders.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5962 on: January 23, 2024, 10:21:48 am »
So Jones should be ahead of Trent in England's midfield?

100% same with our midfield

Jones and Trent are very different, Trent would be competing with Bellingham in the three mentioned earlier. That's why I'd play him right back, you get all 4 on the pitch at once and they are probably Englands best 4 players currently.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #5963 on: January 23, 2024, 10:26:01 am »
100% same with our midfield

Jones and Trent are very different, Trent would be competing with Bellingham in the three mentioned earlier. That's why I'd play him right back, you get all 4 on the pitch at once and they are probably Englands best 4 players currently.

Sure, but the question was whether Jones should be ahead of Trent in England's midfield, ignoring the defence.  I'd play him right back for England too, but that's not something that Southgate will do and he prefers him in the middle of the park.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #5964 on: January 23, 2024, 10:28:02 am »
Assuming the midfield is Bellingham, Rice and Trent, who would you swap out for him?

The Tweet is only about the squad, not the team. When you see some of the shite that gets selected in 20-odd man squads, he shouldn't need to wait to dropouts.

But, like others, I couldn't give a shit about national teams and only Liverpool is important (but I get players think differently)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #5965 on: January 23, 2024, 10:40:04 am »
Considering his form and ability, playing over 100 games in a fantastic Liverpool team, I'm sure we can all agree that its pretty laughable that he's not been capped yet. I'm sure we can all agree that the notion that he'll only get in the squad if one of the likes of Jordan Henderson, Kalvin Phillips or Connor Gallagher drop out is even more laughable. But long may it continue.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #5966 on: January 23, 2024, 10:46:53 am »
Considering his form and ability, playing over 100 games in a fantastic Liverpool team, I'm sure we can all agree that its pretty laughable that he's not been capped yet. I'm sure we can all agree that the notion that he'll only get in the squad if one of the likes of Jordan Henderson, Kalvin Phillips or Connor Gallagher drop out is even more laughable. But long may it continue.

The other two, yep, but Gallagher has had a very good season and is absolutely worth a place in the squad.  He's been Chelsea's best and most consistent player.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #5967 on: January 23, 2024, 10:55:11 am »
You've got to marry that fact up with him still picking the likes of Phillips and Henderson though. For experimentation purposes alone, you'd surely give Jones his due - if not for his club form, then at least for what he's done for the unders.
Yeah - I do just think injuries have kept him out of contention.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5968 on: January 23, 2024, 11:04:03 am »

I'd agree with you if it wasn't for the fact he goes and plays for the unders anyway, so it's not like he's getting a rest.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #5969 on: January 23, 2024, 09:59:48 pm »
I'd agree with you if it wasn't for the fact he goes and plays for the unders anyway, so it's not like he's getting a rest.

He's no longer age eligible, or at least won't be next week when he turns 23.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline rolla

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5970 on: January 24, 2024, 12:17:10 pm »
Not that I give much of a fuck, but one of the reasons Trent works as an inverted full-back for Liverpool is how good the right sided centre half alongside him (often Konate) is. Who have England got who is even remotely as good or athletic? Closest they've got is probably Guehi?

In terms of A.N.Other alonsgide Rice or Bellingham, England don't have anybody who is as good a foil as Jones. It's baffling that he doesn't get selected. I'd argue he's Liverpool's first choice midfielder right now on form and we're top of the league. You'd think that would pique a manager's interest.

Joe Gomez

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #5971 on: January 24, 2024, 02:06:17 pm »
Joe Gomez
NO. Just no, England need to keep their grubby mitts off of Joe Goooaaaalmez. Let them stick to Easter Island Statue and John Stones or whichever poor sod, the wet bread flavoured Southgate chooses.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #5972 on: January 24, 2024, 02:10:43 pm »
Gomez should really be an obvious starter for England, probably at centre half alongside Stones but he can play either side at full back. He'd be a pretty good shout at left back because if Trent is fit you'd obviously play him, seems he likes him in midfield though. It'd be huge for us if he missed out on that Euros squad. All is going well at the minute with his fitness but hopefully he doesn't go away with them this summer. He still probably feels like he has a lot to prove in an England shirt though, his most notable incident was the Sterling nonsense at the back ends of 2019.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5973 on: January 24, 2024, 02:47:52 pm »
It's a balancing act, of course:

1) We the supporters see how poorly the Liverpool players get treated by the neanderthals when on England duty, how poorly they are coached, and how draining the inevitable loss in major competitions is, and how it often derails our season when they get injured in a meaningless friendly against Romeolativiastan.

but

2) for 99% of the players is a massive thing to be selected - it's pride, an affirmation that you aren't just good - you are among the best (yeah yeah pipe down), you probably have some bonuses written into your contract, and it can also help you on your next contract or when moving clubs.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #5974 on: January 24, 2024, 10:28:27 pm »
No one can replace what Macca does, but Curtis did quite alright. I hope there is no reaction to his hammie.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #5975 on: January 24, 2024, 10:29:18 pm »
Just wanted him to stay clear of Diop who was on a mission to smash anything that moved.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #5976 on: January 25, 2024, 11:33:25 am »
England is a step too far for him given that Trent and Bellingham are certain starters. And there are favourites like Phillips despite not being a footballer for 2 years. He is also not an 8 which is occupied by Declan Rice.

Will have to bid his time in England 'A' and surely with this development he will not be overlooked for long.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5977 on: January 25, 2024, 01:01:58 pm »
He'll get called up soon, just to warehouse his eligibility. He's currently eligible for Nigeria, probably why his name has come up regarding the England squad while AFCON is on.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5978 on: January 25, 2024, 04:58:05 pm »
England is a step too far for him given that Trent and Bellingham are certain starters. And there are favourites like Phillips despite not being a footballer for 2 years. He is also not an 8 which is occupied by Declan Rice.

Will have to bid his time in England 'A' and surely with this development he will not be overlooked for long.

???

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5979 on: January 25, 2024, 05:48:34 pm »
He'll get called up soon, just to warehouse his eligibility. He's currently eligible for Nigeria, probably why his name has come up regarding the England squad while AFCON is on.
Imagine losing Curtis to AFCON every year! Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing him play for the Super Eagles. ;D

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5980 on: January 28, 2024, 04:36:22 pm »
5 goals in his last 9 games. We have our future Salah replacement.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5981 on: January 28, 2024, 04:37:38 pm »
He's adding numbers to his game now.

Offline marios_moustache

• Kopite
« Reply #5982 on: January 28, 2024, 04:46:36 pm »
Klopp: " If Curtis can learn defending, anyone can learn defending"

;D

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #5983 on: January 28, 2024, 04:48:36 pm »
Made a difficult header look easy, CuJo
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5984 on: January 28, 2024, 06:22:44 pm »
He's adding numbers to his game now.

How many for the season now? Getting confused with the amount of games we’ve had!

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5985 on: January 28, 2024, 06:23:20 pm »
Klopp: " If Curtis can learn defending, anyone can learn defending"

;D

Lol burn.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #5986 on: January 28, 2024, 06:34:51 pm »
How many for the season now? Getting confused with the amount of games we’ve had!

How many numbers?

Are there different ones?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5987 on: January 28, 2024, 06:40:36 pm »
5 goals, 3 assists.

Online StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5988 on: January 28, 2024, 07:17:08 pm »
What's impressive is clearly how much of a leader he is to the younger lads, the likes of Bradley. Amazing to think he's only 22 himself. Feels like he's been around forever, but he matches Trent in how quickly he's gone from a promising young player to a massively important figure in the side.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #5989 on: January 28, 2024, 07:24:51 pm »
Took a bop on the nose today

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #5990 on: January 28, 2024, 07:48:16 pm »
Took a bop on the nose today

Were you looking at him?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5991 on: January 28, 2024, 07:54:44 pm »
Carries on this form and he'll nearly be good enough for England...

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5992 on: January 28, 2024, 08:19:33 pm »
Similar to Cody, got a knack of ghosting in at that far post. Invaluable when you’re struggling to break a team down.
AHA!

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5993 on: January 28, 2024, 08:20:44 pm »
Made a difficult header look easy, CuJo
very difficult to place that out of the goalie's reach.  superb technique.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #5994 on: January 28, 2024, 08:42:42 pm »
Really impressed with his movement, not for the first time either.

Offline Air Jota

• Main Stander
« Reply #5995 on: January 28, 2024, 08:52:11 pm »
One of our most important players

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #5996 on: January 28, 2024, 08:54:03 pm »
It's actually incredible how he's forced his way in. Really happy for him.

Offline BeingJohnMarkovic

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #5997 on: January 28, 2024, 10:22:08 pm »

Don't say that. The longer he's kept away from that plank Southgate, the better.
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5998 on: January 28, 2024, 10:24:58 pm »
Waistcoat can fuck off, he should stick with Dier and Gallagher.

Offline kop306

• Kopite
« Reply #5999 on: January 28, 2024, 10:29:04 pm »
curtis is in serious contention for our player of the season if he carries on this form