Author Topic: Winning Title #19*  (Read 1320155 times)

Offline Liverpoolluver

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #8800 on: February 29, 2020, 07:37:17 pm »
Thanks for the great run lads and the title in waiting. On to the next one 

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8801 on: February 29, 2020, 07:37:37 pm »
Anyone who has been paying attention realises that Liverpool have been playing poorly and getting away with it for weeks.

Partly down to fatigue, partly down to injury and disruption, but mostly down to white line fever.

Think the only question now is whether there will be a pretty serious wobble, or a minor setback.

;D ;D

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8802 on: February 29, 2020, 07:38:04 pm »
In a wierd way i think we needed that. A lethargy had set in that we would always find a way to win. Maybe thatll reset their heads that they have to up their game and if they play poorly they might get beat every now and again. I think this will keep them honest, nother massively lost here. Could have come at a good time.
Football is a lie

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8803 on: February 29, 2020, 07:38:09 pm »
February proving to be the month we struggle
the most again
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #8804 on: February 29, 2020, 07:38:16 pm »
Anyone who has been paying attention realises that Liverpool have been playing poorly and getting away with it for weeks.

Partly down to fatigue, partly down to injury and disruption, but mostly down to white line fever.

Think the only question now is whether there will be a pretty serious wobble, or a minor setback.
Nailed it. I think we know from our experience of Klopp it'll be a minor setback. He'll roast some of them. White line fever - totally.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #8805 on: February 29, 2020, 07:38:22 pm »
Funnily enough ... after that, I'm more confident of knocking Chelsea out on Tuesday. Play the same team and tell them to go and put it right!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8806 on: February 29, 2020, 07:38:23 pm »
I didn't see this coming honestly, a loss sure, you have to lose at some point, but to lose like this given that we haven't lost like this in a long time, I didn't see comming. But it proves as the boys and the manager have been saying, one game at a time, you can't take anything for granted in football [or life for that matter]

Online S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #8807 on: February 29, 2020, 07:38:54 pm »
Just feel like the lads are feeling that they've won the league already, when there's 12 points still to win and we have chelsea, arsenal, goodison and etihad in those 10 games, so no, the job is not done.
As strong as our position is this is a good point.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8808 on: February 29, 2020, 07:39:20 pm »
I am. Hugely so.

The Arsenal Invincibles are still lionised and discussed regularly as legends.

If we take Abu Dhabi's points record, it'll be an achievement, but I want us to hold every fucking record going and be able to dick-swing about it for years to come.

Massive opportunity lost to be unarguably considered the greatest team ever.

1st class problems and all that.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #8809 on: February 29, 2020, 07:39:49 pm »
Some people need to get a grip. We went on a fantastic unbeaten run back in 78 and Andy King spawned one into the top corner. That hurt far more. This is a blip. We know how good we are.
Klopp will sort it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #8810 on: February 29, 2020, 07:40:07 pm »
Easy tiger..... I never said that!!! We have been giving clubs great chances...... but they’ve not taken them.
We dropped two points since the start of the season until today, but we had this loss coming for months?
How many months? The month where we won the CWC, beaten Leicester 4-0 and Everton 5-2, or the month where we beat Sheffield, Spurs and United?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8811 on: February 29, 2020, 07:40:11 pm »
As strong as our position is this is a good point.

Don't think you can blame the players of complacency given they've kept the same mantra for the last 2 years, one game at a time.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8812 on: February 29, 2020, 07:40:17 pm »

We can Hodgson our way to the title.  ;D

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8813 on: February 29, 2020, 07:40:27 pm »
Again as reactionary as it sounds, I think it's best for everyone to revert to one game at a time again. Just think of every game as it's own struggle for points.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #8814 on: February 29, 2020, 07:40:58 pm »
What a ride that run was, but it was always going to end somewhere.  In fact, ironically that result shows just how impressive our run of form has actually been.  This is a league where any team can beat any team on their day, and we managed to come up with a run of 110 points from a possible 114.  That will never be beaten.

Now let’s go and start another one!

Yep, and I hope it helps put to bed the 'weak league' myth.

I was reading this morning that this is actually the most competitive Premier League season in it's history if you look at how close everyone is points-wise, apart from Liverpool who have been performing like supermen.

What we have achieved has been utterly remarkable, and what we are about to achieve will be too.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #8815 on: February 29, 2020, 07:41:03 pm »
Absolutely gutted at that, I wanted 110 points.  But oh well, it does seem to be a thing with this kind of football that when something goes wrong, it goes wrong bigtime.  Just not that often.  The Spurs-at-Wembley nightmare was a long time ago.  Hell Barca away was a long time ago.

I had to laugh though when something else went wrong and I finally accepted to myself ‘we’re not going to win this’ ... looked at the clock and it’s reading 88 minutes.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8816 on: February 29, 2020, 07:41:04 pm »
Today was a bad performance. But it's really strange to think we performed badly against West Ham.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #8817 on: February 29, 2020, 07:41:05 pm »
February proving to be the month we struggle
the most again

Well it used to be November when Paisley was the manager, and people used to moan abar him believe it or not.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #8818 on: February 29, 2020, 07:41:25 pm »
Its a joke to say something like this about this team- have a word with yourself.

Great run has come to an end, got to dust ourselves down and go on another

If that had ended 1-0 or 2-1, I might agree with you. But lately we've been winning games through sheer will and not necessarily deservedly too. We started the first half of that the way we've been starting every single game since Southampton. You can't continue to play like that and then just flick a switch in the second half and come out a completely different side every single game.

Offline Red Dane

• Kopite
  • Probinate nobis similibusque
« Reply #8819 on: February 29, 2020, 07:42:14 pm »
We have played awful lately. Klopp stor asking for a break!
Every power draws its ultimate consequences at every moment. Supposing that this also is only interpretation-and you will be eager enough to make this objection?-well, so much the better. (Nietzsche; Beyond Good & Evil, p. 30-31).

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #8820 on: February 29, 2020, 07:42:55 pm »
I am. Hugely so.

The Arsenal Invincibles are still lionised and discussed regularly as legends.

If we take Abu Dhabi's points record, it'll be an achievement, but I want us to hold every fucking record going and be able to dick-swing about it for years to come.

Massive opportunity lost to be unarguably considered the greatest team ever.

We could go unbeaten from now until the end of the season and still not win the league. That is still possible. Going unbeaten doesn't determine much. A boxer can fight 50 tomato cans and go unbeaten, yet if he went up against a proper contender with 5 losses on his record he'd get smashed to pieces.

Going unbeaten would have been nice but for me, that's all it would have been. We've not won the league in 30 years, losing the odd game on the way to achieving that doesn't take away our brilliance. And anyway, we could go unbeaten for 100 games and you'd get the wankers and idiots from other teams and the media saying how it is a farmers league, VAR, we're lucky, its all a conspiracy etc.

We're gonna win the league, and we're still in with a chance of number 7 and a domestic cup. Going unbeaten was just a bit more cream on the cake.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8821 on: February 29, 2020, 07:43:30 pm »
When Hendo is lifting that trophy above his head at some stage over the next couple of months no-one is going to give a shit about today.

Online Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8822 on: February 29, 2020, 07:44:27 pm »
Too many people  seem to worry about what others think. How Arsenal are reacting, how our rivals are reacting. Fuck them. We're top of the league, the best team by far and i wouldn't trade our position for anyone in world football.

Anyone expecting to win every game with ease has become spoilt. We've all but won the league and have a great chance at 2 others. Onward and upwards!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8823 on: February 29, 2020, 07:44:36 pm »
We are missing our captain/vice captain with the likes of Fab still trying to find his form, Keita in and out of the team. You are always going to hit a part of the season where it doesn't fire on all cylinders. Even when we were winning titles season after season, we didn't always play well in every game. I am sure there will be a reaction.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8824 on: February 29, 2020, 07:44:40 pm »
If that had ended 1-0 or 2-1, I might agree with you. But lately we've been winning games through sheer will and not necessarily deservedly too. We started the first half of that the way we've been starting every single game since Southampton. You can't continue to play like that and then just flick a switch in the second half and come out a completely different side every single game.

I'd just like to point out we are 22 points clear, there is really no need to over react. I doubt Klopp will be bollocking them, or do much differently

We will still win the league in the next 5 games

Offline Red Dane

• Kopite
  • Probinate nobis similibusque
« Reply #8825 on: February 29, 2020, 07:44:57 pm »
When Hendo is lifting that trophy above his head at some stage over the next couple of months no-one is going to give a shit about today.

You're right, but it is still frustrating!
Every power draws its ultimate consequences at every moment. Supposing that this also is only interpretation-and you will be eager enough to make this objection?-well, so much the better. (Nietzsche; Beyond Good & Evil, p. 30-31).

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #8826 on: February 29, 2020, 07:45:45 pm »
If we had to lose a game this season, why not this one, away to a nothing team. Fuck me, imagine facing  Everton and City with the record still intact. Plus the Mancs can stop gloating they took a point of us now Watford thrashed us!

Let's see what kind of reaction we get from the lads after this result, that's the most important thing, hopefully it fires them back into the kind of form they are really capable off, cos we have seen very little of it lately.

Was never arsed about records myself, and I reckon the pressure of going unbeaten was probably getting to the team. Time to relax now, kick on and get those 12 points in the bag asap.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 07:48:11 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8827 on: February 29, 2020, 07:46:01 pm »
People getting worried when we're 22 points clear with 10 games to go  :lmao
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8828 on: February 29, 2020, 07:46:09 pm »
So can we please put the “Oh no, why would (insert name) come here to sit on the bench” nonsense to bed?

These players have been heroic, but we need to freshen things up for next season. That much is obvious.

And why not give Minamino, Elliot, Curtis Jones etc a chance? If the league is won, why not prepare for next season?

Oh, and “weak league”? Really? That Watford team today, which is likely to get relegated, would beat 99.9% of professional football teams that have ever existed. They thoroughly deserved it today.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8829 on: February 29, 2020, 07:46:45 pm »
Just need to sit down and think about improving for Chelsea, Bournemouth, and Atletico now.

One would think this team would get back on their feet and make sure they dont stumble again so easily. But we are in a rare position where we haven't seen them reacting to a defeat yet; both a good and a bad thing

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8830 on: February 29, 2020, 07:47:14 pm »
People calling for Henderson make me laugh considering similar games in the past we’ve lost with him on the pitch and where people have outright blamed his ‘lack of creativity’. He may have helped, but that’s besides the point here.

This was a necessary reminder that you need to earn the right to play in every game. It’s a small example, but things like Mané laughing with Sarr on the half way line as the second half kicked off signals subconscious complacency that you wouldn’t see if this was a CL semi final. We’ve become accustomed to maintaining intensity week in, week out - that’s slipped away in the last couple of games.

A positive is that this will remove the pressure of maintaining the unbeaten run. And I’d much rather it was to Watford than City, Arsenal or Everton. You’d also expect the break to have positive effects in the medium term, as seems to be the case every season.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #8831 on: February 29, 2020, 07:48:07 pm »
A little perspective from 1976/77 when we were the best team in the world and won the title with the old Man City in second place.

We had a blip and got hammered 5-1 at Villa Park.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/great-games-aston-villa-5-181147

Shit happens.

:scarf

I was there🤫

The season has been incredible. There have been results where we’ve ridden our luck; today any little slice of luck was Watford’s - and they thoroughly deserved it. The beachball bounce for the first, the backheel from Hughes (leading to the second) that miraculously stayed in play. Those little moments belong to teams that have fought for each ball, battled for second balls (and wins most), and constantly blocks passes and shots with real intent. They really ‘got in our faces’ and we didn’t handle it.

We will win the league, and this result won’t matter in the final analysis. I have a suspicion it’s just what we needed, given everything that’s happened. As others have said, it’s been coming, and it just might force Jurgen to re-examine his over reliance on certain players who look in need of competition for their places.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #8832 on: February 29, 2020, 07:49:36 pm »
Tuesday's game is more important than today's. Next Wednesday's game is even more important than that. So, monkey off our backs and all that. We move on.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8833 on: February 29, 2020, 07:50:27 pm »
all those people saying it's done, you look pretty foolish now huh?!
 ;D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #8834 on: February 29, 2020, 07:50:35 pm »
We are missing our captain/vice captain with the likes of Fab still trying to find his form, Keita in and out of the team. You are always going to hit a part of the season where it doesn't fire on all cylinders. Even when we were winning titles season after season, we didn't always play well in every game. I am sure there will be a reaction.

One of Paisley's teams were beaten 5-1 at Coventry, went on an unbeaten run and easily won the League. That's what we need to do.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #8835 on: February 29, 2020, 07:50:53 pm »
On a positive note, when we win the league early we can enjoy the remaining games rather than stressing to be undefeated

The trophy is all that matters

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #8836 on: February 29, 2020, 07:51:14 pm »
Said in the match thread just then, it'll be good for us.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #8837 on: February 29, 2020, 07:51:20 pm »
all those people saying it's done, you look pretty foolish now huh?!
 ;D

Except it really is done. Do you not think we'll win 4 more games?

Offline Rafas3leggedtable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8838 on: February 29, 2020, 07:51:46 pm »
Stopped been honest. After west ham game, Trent said they had 2 shots on target. Sly sports then came knocking a day or two later to interview the 2 best in the world full backs. Where was our people saying back off we not there yet? Then for good measure our lfc.tv team thinks what the hell lets have a "At home with the LFC lads" mini documentary. Then todays performance. OK Lovren and Ox wil get alot of attention but many were not there mentally today.
Would like to know Klopp's take on today but also in private the last 6 days.
The people of Liverpool are workers. This is not a rich town where everyone lives a comfortable life. They work hard for themselves, and this is what we at Liverpool like to do. This is the attitude we must all have.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8839 on: February 29, 2020, 07:51:51 pm »
Tuesday's game is more important than today's. Next Wednesday's game is even more important than that. So, monkey off our backs and all that. We move on.

Tuesday is arguable; I would always put a league game above an FA cup match but that is me.

Wednesday after no doubt is more important.

Next Saturday is a big one. Even for the sake of telling the rest of the league, and maybe even ourselves, this is not a dip.