Author Topic: The Apprentice 2019  (Read 13793 times)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Apprentice 2019
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2019, 09:46:30 pm »
Crying over not being to call your very much alive and well mum on a task?

What a loser.

That "interviewer" is literally there to try and make the contestants cry on TV for the viewers entertainment. It's pretty shitty.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2019, 09:50:05 pm »
Lotties day out for tories sounds terrible. She's done surely
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2019, 10:03:08 pm »
Right two in the final. Once again comes down to how much Sugar is prepared to risk. Recruitment company the safer bet. Bakery a far bigger risk.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2019, 10:07:11 pm »
Right two in the final. Once again comes down to how much Sugar is prepared to risk. Recruitment company the safer bet. Bakery a far bigger risk.

Claude was moaning about Scarlett’s business rather stupidly. How can she be expected to be placing CEO’s already? If she were she wouldnt be in this show.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2019, 10:09:42 pm »
Lottie not appearing on "You're Fired". Probably thought it was beneath her.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: December 12, 2019, 07:48:06 am »
Was that the worst lot of Male candidates in the show's history? Lewis being the last one summed it up.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: December 12, 2019, 07:58:21 am »
Was that the worst lot of Male candidates in the show's history? Lewis being the last one summed it up.

I predicted he was a tour rep before I found out thats what he was. He looked and acted the type.

He probably just wanted one last go at that life with someone else’s money before he settled down for good.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #207 on: December 12, 2019, 08:43:31 am »
The lot of them had utterly shite business plans. Why the fuck are they on there then.

The show has become so fucking dumbed down it’s utterly shite now.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: December 12, 2019, 09:00:26 am »
Ahead of next week's final, five candidates were whittled down to just two in yesterday's (December 11) The Apprentice – but not all of the contestants followed the usual protocol after their exit.

As integral to the firing process as the suitcase wheel of shame and backchat in the taxi, an appearance on The Apprentice's spin-off series, You're Fired, is expected.

After last night's triple firing, however, Lottie Lion was notably absent in the companion show, with only Lewis Ellis and Pamela Laird showing up to face a debriefing.

The BBC has since confirmed the reason for Lottie's absence, telling Digital Spy that she was not "invited to participate on You're Fired" after the budding entrepreneur was condemned for some of her previous remarks.

"Following an inquiry by the production company into the unacceptable comments made by Lottie on a private messenger service, she was informed that she would not be invited to participate on You're Fired," a statement read.

The "unacceptable comments" in question refer to an incident in the cast's WhatsApp group, where Lottie reportedly told fellow 2019 candidate Lubna Farhan to "shut up, Ghandi (sic)".

Lion denied accusations of racism, insisting that her "use of the word Gandhi was misinterpreted". "The comments were taken out of context," she said.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #209 on: December 12, 2019, 10:15:57 am »
Looked like Lottie was still in the final show on one of the two teams.  Horrible little Tory though, that business plan was the most Lottie thing ever.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #210 on: December 12, 2019, 10:24:04 am »
Looked like Lottie was still in the final show on one of the two teams.  Horrible little Tory though, that business plan was the most Lottie thing ever.

I dread to think what her parents are like.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: December 12, 2019, 11:09:15 am »
How do you misinterpret "shut up, Ghandi" exactly? Bad little Tory snob.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: December 12, 2019, 05:32:09 pm »
The new Katie Hopkins

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: December 13, 2019, 11:28:15 am »
I don't get how he got that far with a business idea that was stupid. He wasn't great in weekly tasks.

Least there are two credible finalist's.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #214 on: December 13, 2019, 11:31:59 am »
I dread to think what her parents are like.

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: December 13, 2019, 08:50:23 pm »
That "interviewer" is literally there to try and make the contestants cry on TV for the viewers entertainment. It's pretty shitty.

Absolutely agree, the questions about Pamela's mum and Carina's son had absolutely no point other than to get a few tears for the camera, pretty shameful stuff.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: December 18, 2019, 09:10:11 pm »
Poor Lottie, the last to get picked. Bless her little white poisoned socks.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: December 18, 2019, 09:36:14 pm »
What the hell is that advert video haha
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #218 on: December 18, 2019, 09:59:32 pm »
Probably deserved out of the last two, far better pitch and advert too. Didn't think he'd want to invest in something like he'd already got.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: December 18, 2019, 10:11:29 pm »
Spoiler
2 decent candidates to be fair. Think Scarlet's idea was more safe but I'm not surprised he looked elsewhere.
[close]

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #220 on: December 18, 2019, 10:18:52 pm »
Thought Scarlet presented better but was hamstrung by dreadful videos and an uninspiring business idea.

Will be challenging scaling the bakery also though. As usual the final candidates themselves are a bit more impressive than their business ideas.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: December 18, 2019, 10:24:41 pm »
Thought Scarlet presented better but was hamstrung by dreadful videos and an uninspiring business idea.

Will be challenging scaling the bakery also though. As usual the final candidates themselves are a bit more impressive than their business ideas.

This format is pants in my opinion. Unless you've somehow spotted a huge gap in the market that none of the mega minds at multinationals have and got it patented to the eyeballs you've had it. Having 250 grand when you're competing against established businesses is taking a butter knife to a gun fight.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #222 on: December 19, 2019, 10:41:52 am »
That video for Scarlett with Lewis and Lottie in the car was cringe Lottie face pretending to driver the car and the video with Dean when he was showing her around the factory and she glances up to him.

Also am glad Karina won in board room before sugar was making his decision Scarlett had to have one last dig at Karina business plan idea. Karina was right she is making money now Scarlett might not make money until she gets someone employed where food sells.

Good to see Tommy back really like the guy he could get a job on TV doing something else.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: December 19, 2019, 11:17:24 am »
Love how they spend 10 minutes trying to think of a name for their business.. like they haven't been thinking of it for months/years!

Scarlett wasn't happy with her advert but I'm pretty sure they actually did exactly what they were briefed to do?

Was a little bit weird that Carina had to make some bread given that she isn't a baker and no part of her business is about her actually baking things. Surely a better test would have been to have her Dad there to see if the products they make are any good? I mean, they could have just invested in something that makes complete shit.

Scarlett's podcast was also a little bit strange as it didn't seem to actually be part of anything or for any purpose?

Ultimately glad Carina won though, the less recruitment/headhunting firms the better. Her pitch wasn't great to begin with but I think that actually added something to what she was doing, in that she came across as far more personable.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 11:22:49 am by LovelyCushionedHeader »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #224 on: December 19, 2019, 11:27:30 am »
That bread looked delicious.  Tom was great as usual, weeping tears of joy for his project manager when the video was revealed.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #225 on: December 19, 2019, 11:30:30 am »
That bread looked delicious.  Tom was great as usual, weeping tears of joy for his project manager when the video was revealed.

He is a good lad got a bit of stick but I think he is a really good guy.

Good to see Ryan Mark in that prison advert looked a bit like a dirty movie intro with Jemelin and Ryan Mark.

Was strange to see a few of them never made it on to the your hired show or on the final task. that big Ryan fella.