Author Topic: The Apprentice 2019  (Read 13810 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: The Apprentice 2019
« Reply #160 on: November 20, 2019, 10:29:27 pm »
Think it's harsh to call him sexist for putting the women in the kitchen. The natural thing given the teams the day before would have been to have Pamela and Thomas, but Thomas needed to be front of house given his character. It was then a 50/50 choice of swapping him for Marianne or Lewis.

Trying to bring Pamela back to the boardroom was ridiculous though and I'd agree was based on gender first and foremost. Although Pamela herself was guilty of the worst bit of sexism in the series so far.

Yes I agree with that statement, both he and Pamela have been guilty on that score. I don't think either team covered themselves in glory and I thought for a moment Sugar was actually going to give Thomas the push.

"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #161 on: November 20, 2019, 10:47:39 pm »
I will miss Jemalin - So beautiful

Ryan-Mark on You're fired was fucking bizarre, playing up to his camp character so much, looking directly into the camera like he was auditioning him, prick
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: November 21, 2019, 11:38:33 am »
I hate Lottie so much by this stage, I'm praying she gets to the interviews, gets torn to shreds and leaves in tears.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #163 on: November 21, 2019, 11:56:22 am »
Thomas solidifying his man of the people status.  What a bro.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #164 on: November 28, 2019, 11:19:54 am »
Is there anything Lottie the Librarian can't do? A Wine Connoisseur, A Silver Service Waitress, Also in the music industry for 15 years (not bad considering she's only 19) , Has there ever been such a modest multi talented candidate before? Cant wait to see the CV interview for her (if she makes it that far)

« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 02:18:02 pm by Casta »
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: November 28, 2019, 11:31:35 am »
She’ll get torn apart in the interviews

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #166 on: November 28, 2019, 11:45:51 am »
Laughed my head off when she said she had 15 years experience in the music industry cos she had viola lessons when she was 4. :lmao

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #167 on: November 28, 2019, 11:48:15 am »
The bit that got me was when she was trying to play something down (forgot what it was now) by saying 'I don't want to say it because it would appear boasting...but'  ;D ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #168 on: November 28, 2019, 01:15:41 pm »
Sugar looked devastated to let Thomas go but he really didn't have a choice.

RIP Thomas, you were too pure for this world.  All you wanted was to make people comfy with your pillows.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #169 on: November 28, 2019, 01:17:47 pm »
She’ll get torn apart in the interviews

They will all get torn apart in the interviews.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: November 28, 2019, 02:49:40 pm »
Scarlet and Karina the best performing candidates probably but obviously will all come down to which 2 have the best business plan. Lottie probably quite an intelligent person but absolutely no people skills and probably alienates people all the time
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: November 28, 2019, 02:57:56 pm »
When Lottie in the boardroom said "I had pushy parents" I began to feel for her. Her secret love for Kendrick Lamar and the way she was dancing to the music makes me think she doesn't actually want to be a terrible person.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: November 28, 2019, 09:29:21 pm »
I think that was one of the worst tasks they had on the show.
I know that having a task where both teams can easily do well wouldn't be entertaining, but the teams didn't stand a chance with that one.

If the artists they showed were the only options, there was no way the corporate clients were ever going to spend big on any of them, because the songs didn't fit the brief at all.

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #173 on: November 28, 2019, 09:33:36 pm »
It's bollocks these day.  You could be shit, but if your plan is good, you're going through and vice-versa.  The old format was far superior.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2019, 12:45:10 am »
I know that having a task where both teams can easily do well wouldn't be entertaining, but the teams didn't stand a chance with that one.

If the artists they showed were the only options, there was no way the corporate clients were ever going to spend big on any of them, because the songs didn't fit the brief at all.

"Here's 3 artists for you to audition and negotiate with before you've even got the brief from client. Oh and BTW 2 of the artists have music that the client definitely won't want and the third is pushing it. But, we'll judge you on your music mixing skills in this business show . Good luck"

Thought it was a bit like that Finland task when they only had the choice of about 4 filming locations, all generic places but both teams criticised for it not being specific to finland

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2019, 09:59:03 am »
Is there anything Lottie the Librarian can't do? A Wine Connoisseur, A Silver Service Waitress, Also in the music industry for 15 years (not bad considering she's only 19) , Has there ever been such a modest multi talented candidate before? Cant wait to see the CV interview for her (if she makes it that far)

I got round to watching Wednesday episode last night. I am sick of Lottie sticking her nose in and speaking over the Dean when in the recording studio.

Your right! what hasn't she done even in the bike episode she wanted to be put up to lead the team because her partner and family all own bikes  :butt 

so cringe when that band were singing her song and she would be waving her hands over it and singing the ending

hope she goes next week .

I was disappointed in Tommy I liked him but 8 loses in 9 weeks is bad just had bad luck. He wasn't waiting around when got fired right out the door with the case thought he was going to cry I liked the big man.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2019, 10:18:40 am »
Lottie has to stay until the interview round.  She will get absolutely ripped apart by Claude and the others.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2019, 10:19:53 am »
and speaking over the Dean when in the recording studio.

To be fair, he's so fucking wet it's unreal. He'd have no chance managing a big team of people without them over powering him.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2019, 10:30:40 am »
Who was that brunette singer at the start? For um, research purposes.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2019, 10:37:20 am »
To be fair, he's so fucking wet it's unreal. He'd have no chance managing a big team of people without them over powering him.

Yeah totally. I struggle to see a leader within this years cast. I would maybe say Lewis at a push but the meeting with Umbro was crazy and he was lucky he wasn't punted for that. Like Tommy said if he got the deal over the line for 14k they would of won the task.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #180 on: November 29, 2019, 11:45:31 am »
Realistically, could Thomas have ever won the show and gone into business with Sugar given his past? Was he only on it for the entertainment part? And not it has got down to the stage of discussing business plans and stuff, he needs to take the others more seriously?

I don't necessarily think Thomas is anything special, but he was a nice character and I don't think he deserved to go this week.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #181 on: November 29, 2019, 12:02:59 pm »

Came in to post the exact. They were on a hiding to nothing right from the start. Absolutely pointless task.

Think Scarlett is doing well to keep fairly neutral in everything, it's coming to a point though where she will need to do something to fulfil her potential.

I like the trade show type tasks they do, think you get to see a lot in those ones and not just sales. Some people really put some graft in on those tasks.
JFT97

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #182 on: December 4, 2019, 10:34:52 pm »
Catching up with this after the match. That backpacking perfume might be the worst thing I've ever seen made on this show :lmao

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #183 on: December 5, 2019, 09:38:49 am »
Catching up with this after the match. That backpacking perfume might be the worst thing I've ever seen made on this show :lmao

Yeah it was absolutely awful and he was lucky not to go for that.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #184 on: December 5, 2019, 10:26:00 am »
That packaging was horrendous, even though he doesn't buy perfume he must've seen packaging for it at some point in his life.  It looked like a box for an air freshener.

Dean was a bellend though, glad he's gone.  Looking forward to Lottie in the interviews.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: December 5, 2019, 09:58:16 pm »
God that bottle was atrocious.

Also why were the team leaders not on the marketing teams and why did they only send one person? It was the more important thing.

Lottie needs her head kicking in.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2019, 10:14:58 pm by a treeless whopper »

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #186 on: December 6, 2019, 07:30:34 am »
God that bottle was atrocious.

Also why were the team leaders not on the marketing teams and why did they only send one person? It was the more important thing.

Lottie needs her head kicking in.

Both tasks were equally important really, as if it smelt like shite then no packaging would save it. So they were always going to be in the wrong for having to send someone one their own.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #187 on: December 6, 2019, 08:51:41 am »
I hate Lottie so much by this stage, I'm praying she gets to the interviews, gets torn to shreds and leaves in tears.
agreed
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: December 6, 2019, 09:28:55 am »
Both tasks were equally important really, as if it smelt like shite then no packaging would save it. So they were always going to be in the wrong for having to send someone one their own.

The smell surely would have been one of the easiest things to get right? All the business element was in the packaging and marketing thing which surely as a prospective business person gets you more attention from Sugar?

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: December 7, 2019, 10:18:32 am »
I agree... Surely most people can pick up on a fragrance that smells like shit? You can also excuse, to some extent, poor product manufacturing in a show like this. Marketing side huge and single responsibility for that is tough. Am sure it was deliberately done though to stitch up the team leaders knowing neither would want to leave Lottie or Dean on their own

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #190 on: December 7, 2019, 12:23:14 pm »
You say it would be easy, but we’ve seen this lot fuck up plenty of shit which is meant to be easy  ;D ;D

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2019, 05:47:26 pm »
Reckon it'll be Scarlett and Lewis in the final.

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2019, 08:17:20 pm »
CV review and Career plan tonight, bloodbath in the shark pool incoming...
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2019, 09:00:30 pm »
Reckon it'll be Scarlett and Lewis in the final.

Scarlett and Karina for me

Interviews basically the only episode worth watching usually

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2019, 09:09:59 pm »
Members club for Women in the countryside.

Fuck off Lottie. Deffo going tonight.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2019, 09:11:44 pm »
Scarlett and Karina for me

Interviews basically the only episode worth watching usually
I'll be surprised if it isn't those two in the final. There's always a recruitment company though.

Lottie is such a bellend.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2019, 09:29:14 pm »
What is in these bloody business plans if no one is writing how they'd spend the money? I'm not a business person but is it that hard?

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2019, 09:37:36 pm »
Never seen a globe before? Seriously?

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2019, 09:37:38 pm »
A tour operator who has never seen a globe and never been to the country he's organising a tour in.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2019, 09:41:13 pm »
Crying over not being to call your very much alive and well mum on a task?

What a loser.