Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 1082006 times)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #6240 on: May 9, 2022, 07:07:13 pm »
You should always come second. Good etiquette isn't it?

Come when? Or how often?

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6241 on: May 9, 2022, 07:15:05 pm »
It is genuinely fascinating to hear the media reactions to Jurgen's post-match comments against Spurs. It's peculiar in the way it distorts the actual comments, then consistently reframes them as something almost sinister - a 'bad loser' - a Fergie, I suppose.

If you watch the BT interview he was clearly hacked off, but he was pleasant enough and polite, said it was obvious that something like a draw could happen, said the Spurs game plan works for big games, said they were smart... I guess it's the media's way. It's definitely social media's way and you would assume the approach is to play into that... but with some of them it's interesting - there's a tang of bile. And it's not the usual suspects - it's Jack Pitt Brooke, people like that. *shrugs*

The other aspect to it is the inclusion of the club in the discourse around petro- and oligarch-funded success. Barney Ronay today talking about the potential for a quadruple as if it were just because we're one of a handful of 'super rich clubs'. It's really interesting how distorted the discussion can get.

I realise we're biased by definition, but it's peculiar. I suppose you grow up loathing Liverpool, so by extension you find ways to loathe even the self-evidently good aspects, let alone the wonderful ones.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6242 on: May 9, 2022, 07:44:42 pm »
It is genuinely fascinating to hear the media reactions to Jurgen's post-match comments against Spurs. It's peculiar in the way it distorts the actual comments, then consistently reframes them as something almost sinister - a 'bad loser' - a Fergie, I suppose.

If you watch the BT interview he was clearly hacked off, but he was pleasant enough and polite, said it was obvious that something like a draw could happen, said the Spurs game plan works for big games, said they were smart... I guess it's the media's way. It's definitely social media's way and you would assume the approach is to play into that... but with some of them it's interesting - there's a tang of bile. And it's not the usual suspects - it's Jack Pitt Brooke, people like that. *shrugs*

The other aspect to it is the inclusion of the club in the discourse around petro- and oligarch-funded success. Barney Ronay today talking about the potential for a quadruple as if it were just because we're one of a handful of 'super rich clubs'. It's really interesting how distorted the discussion can get.

I realise we're biased by definition, but it's peculiar. I suppose you grow up loathing Liverpool, so by extension you find ways to loathe even the self-evidently good aspects, let alone the wonderful ones.

Isn't Pitt Brooke a Tottenham fan, I am sure he's admitted that before. I got in a flap with Oliver Kay the Athletic reporter, who was trying to put the Klopp stuff in league with what Guardiola said yesterday. The point is, journalists know after a game the adrenaline is still flying yet they continue to ask questions knowing they can get a controversial reaction from managers. It was like the question today asking him whether Gerard will be his successor, why ask the question now? He can't know for sure, but its like they are always laying down traps, hoping to get a manager to say something which will make a headline for them. It's why Klopp has always been careful with what he says.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6243 on: May 13, 2022, 12:18:39 pm »
The press conference annoyed him just now I think - he said two or three times 'the longer this goes the less time I have to prepare my team' or similar, and then at the end 'I gave you enough, heh?'.

Quite right Jurgen - asking him about all sorts of bollocks.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6244 on: May 13, 2022, 01:24:10 pm »

So did he answer whether Keita's fit for tomorrow?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #6245 on: May 13, 2022, 01:25:47 pm »
When Kenny Part 2 was our manager I loved how dismissive and uninterested he was in the foibles and dumbass questions of the press

Gotta say I love it when Klopp does it

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6246 on: May 13, 2022, 01:48:37 pm »
The press conference annoyed him just now I think - he said two or three times 'the longer this goes the less time I have to prepare my team' or similar, and then at the end 'I gave you enough, heh?'.

I think another point related to this is that as a punter I'm not interested in the answers to journo's daft questions. I very rarely see or hear a question and am glad that they asked it. It's all about them and their need to create a headline to sell clicks and adds nothing to the average fan.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6247 on: May 13, 2022, 05:23:51 pm »
Jurgen Klopp reveals he has turned down 'a few' Bayern Munich approaches to stay at Liverpool.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/05/13/jurgen-klopp-reveals-has-turned-bayern-munich-approaches-stay/

Just some of the quotes.  8) ;D

Bayern Munich are understood to have made enquiries for Jurgen Klopp every time they have changed their coach over the last six years, including shortly before the Liverpool manager signed a new Anfield deal in 2019.

Klopp says Bayern have regularly tried to lure him - including while at Liverpool - but he declined because the challenge of leading the strongest, most wealthy club in Germany is less attractive than the ‘journey’ he has embarked upon at Anfield.

Klopp: "I had a contract here and I never did it. The world is not full of winners. The world is full of triers, hopefully.  I try and sometimes I win together with some other people. I am happy with that.”

Klopp is adamant he would not swap his position at Anfield with any other club.

“The only thing I could do is ask Pep if he is sick of all that winning and I take over at Man City. Is that the idea? That wouldn't work, I don't want to do it."

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6248 on: May 13, 2022, 05:32:18 pm »
The guy is a poet. Love him.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6249 on: May 14, 2022, 07:50:33 pm »
Won the lot. Glorious

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6250 on: May 14, 2022, 08:03:54 pm »

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6251 on: May 14, 2022, 08:08:32 pm »
First Liverpool manager to win the lot 😁
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6252 on: May 14, 2022, 08:09:18 pm »
He’s gargantuan.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6253 on: May 14, 2022, 08:09:42 pm »
Jurgen Klopp reveals he has turned down 'a few' Bayern Munich approaches to stay at Liverpool.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/05/13/jurgen-klopp-reveals-has-turned-bayern-munich-approaches-stay/

Just some of the quotes.  8) ;D

Klopp: "I had a contract here and I never did it. The world is not full of winners. The world is full of triers, hopefully.  I try and sometimes I win together with some other people. I am happy with that.”

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6254 on: May 14, 2022, 08:12:28 pm »
^ must be only Jurgen and Ferguson that have won the lot at one (English) club

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #6255 on: May 14, 2022, 08:27:07 pm »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6256 on: May 14, 2022, 08:27:22 pm »

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #6257 on: May 14, 2022, 08:27:49 pm »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline BTGH

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6258 on: May 14, 2022, 08:35:25 pm »

Wait a minute, has he won the Charity shield though?  😇😂

Offline Carras Left Foot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6259 on: May 14, 2022, 08:36:40 pm »
Still hasn’t won the Europa League, Conference League and Community Shield. Get rid of him.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6260 on: May 14, 2022, 08:38:51 pm »
He literally won everything now
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #6261 on: May 14, 2022, 08:39:42 pm »
Not the Europa and Conference Leagues either, and I'm afraid he won't ever get the chance to win those regardless of how long he stays on as a manager...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
« Reply #6262 on: May 14, 2022, 11:50:34 pm »
Won the lot now! What a manager we have, words can't describe how good a fit he is here. These really are the days  :P

Struggling to think of any other manager who's won the PL, CL, FA Cup, League Cup, Super cup and CWC? Even Fergie didn't ever win the super cup and no Chelsea manager was there long enough to do the lot.

Makes it feel like a huge shame we couldn't get the Europa League in 2016, that final defeat hurt a lot, but to see everything that has happened since - Wow!

And of course this qualifies us for the Charity Shield again, let's hope it's 3rd time lucky there. ;D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 11:52:31 pm by Dirk18Kuyt »

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6263 on: May 15, 2022, 12:23:19 am »

Just found that out. Amazing.

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #6264 on: May 15, 2022, 05:17:17 am »

Give him a few months.  ;D
It’ll be our first trophy in the Quintuple season 2022-23
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6265 on: May 15, 2022, 05:39:51 am »
Well done Jurgen.

Doing all that without the 'brains' of Buvac as well ;D

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6266 on: May 15, 2022, 09:39:51 am »
Give him a few months.  ;D
It’ll be our first trophy in the Quintuple season 2022-23

Septuple surely?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #6267 on: May 15, 2022, 10:48:41 am »
Full Set

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #6268 on: May 15, 2022, 11:50:26 am »
Makes it feel like a huge shame we couldn't get the Europa League in 2016, that final defeat hurt a lot, but to see everything that has happened since - Wow!
This annoys me more than it should! Then we could have said he’s won every competition he’s competed in.

Talk about first world problems.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6269 on: May 15, 2022, 12:00:45 pm »
This is an interesting article and shows that other side of Klopp of working with organisations that enable us to find an edge somewhere. It certainly seems to have helped in our penalty shoot outs.

Liverpool’s best-in-class mentality provides platform for continued success

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-fa-cup-champions-league-klopp-b2079343.html
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6270 on: May 15, 2022, 12:19:51 pm »
This is an interesting article and shows that other side of Klopp of working with organisations that enable us to find an edge somewhere. It certainly seems to have helped in our penalty shoot outs.

Liverpool’s best-in-class mentality provides platform for continued success

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-fa-cup-champions-league-klopp-b2079343.html

8)

And this too is interesting:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1525755974346321921.html

Original thread of tweets is here: https://twitter.com/GeirJordet/status/1525755974346321921?s

Notiched yesterday how when preparing for the shootout, Kloppo and Virgil having a laugh on the sidelines while Tuchel was all serious in a huddle with his team. That thread above makes interesting reading in that context.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6271 on: May 16, 2022, 12:25:17 pm »
Jürgen Klopp on booing of the national anthem/Abide with Me at Wembley:

"Of course I have thoughts, but in this situation the best question is 'why does this happen?' The people do not do it for no reason. Maybe we should ask this question?"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6272 on: May 16, 2022, 12:28:19 pm »

"Of course I have thoughts, but in this situation the best question is 'why does this happen?' The people do not do it for no reason. Maybe we should ask this question?"

Oh look - Klopp nails it. As usual.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #6273 on: May 16, 2022, 12:32:55 pm »

I thought he handled the question amazingly welll. I thought the question was trying to get a reaction from him or negativity towards the club and fans and yet he is the ultimate professional. What a manager we have. Other intesting things he said that we could and should of been allowed to play on Thursday night if not on Wednesday because of the Europa league final and that the cup final should be the last game of the season like it traditionally used to be.   

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6274 on: May 16, 2022, 12:33:19 pm »
Oh look - Klopp nails it. As usual.

exactly.

Any hope they had of Kloppo throwing the fans under the bus evaporated in seconds.

I thought he handled the question amazingly welll. I thought the question was trying to get a reaction from him or negativity towards the club and fans and yet he is the ultimate professional. What a manager we have. Other intesting things he said that we could and should of been allowed to play on Thursday night if not on Wednesday because of the Europa league final and that the cup final should be the last game of the season like it traditionally used to be.

Loved how he said ‘ah UEFA, my friends’  ;D

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6275 on: May 16, 2022, 12:54:13 pm »

The fact that it was even raised show the influence rags like the mail have in setting the agenda as well as hypocritical moralising.

Perhaps the even bigger question is why after decades of the same thing happening at finals has the Mail chosen to lead on it right now, and the jubilee is not an excuse. It's almost like they want to distract attention from other stuff that's going on at the moment.

The other issue is why the mail don't seem to have any issue with the routine booing of other countries anthems by the ever so fair minded followers of the National team.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6276 on: May 16, 2022, 01:09:38 pm »
When Kenny Part 2 was our manager I loved how dismissive and uninterested he was in the foibles and dumbass questions of the press

Gotta say I love it when Klopp does it

His post match comments at Molynuex during the January transfer window, were majestic. I think about them often.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6277 on: May 16, 2022, 01:12:47 pm »
So booing taking the knee is free speech but do it the national anthem is some sort of treason.

Right wing snowflakes
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kenrick_66

• Main Stander
« Reply #6278 on: May 16, 2022, 01:20:03 pm »
Won the lot now! What a manager we have, words can't describe how good a fit he is here. These really are the days  :P

Struggling to think of any other manager who's won the PL, CL, FA Cup, League Cup, Super cup and CWC? Even Fergie didn't ever win the super cup and no Chelsea manager was there long enough to do the lot.

And of course this qualifies us for the Charity Shield again, let's hope it's 3rd time lucky there. ;D

Think United won the Super Cup in 91 after winning the ECWC.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6279 on: May 16, 2022, 01:26:46 pm »