Author Topic: Welcome Adrian  (Read 154743 times)

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome Adrian
« Reply #520 on: August 25, 2019, 01:06:38 am »
He's far, far better than Mignolet
Laughable. I know there are some people on here who have some bizarre agenda against Mignolet and wouldn't admit he was a better choice if a goalkeeper was throwing the ball into the net each game, but let's be real. We're talking about someone who couldn't get into West Ham's team and was bought as a cut-price stopgap, who's made more huge mistakes in his last two games than Mignolet has in what, his last two years?

Looking at their individual games, they're equivalent shot stoppers but Migs is far, far better with his feet. Am I the only one who remembers him habitually gliding past forwards without breaking sweat? I mean, I hope Adrian does really well over the next two months but c'mon.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: August 25, 2019, 01:13:57 am »
Mignolet was good at saving penalties. Otherwise he was a very bad GK.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: August 25, 2019, 01:23:39 am »
Looking at their individual games, they're equivalent shot stoppers but Migs is far, far better with his feet. Am I the only one who remembers him habitually gliding past forwards without breaking sweat? I mean, I hope Adrian does really well over the next two months but c'mon.

I am not sure when Mignolet was Messiesque on the ball whilst being closed down by the opposition. The games he started in the last two years he made mistakes in as well.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: August 25, 2019, 02:40:00 am »
He's been pretty shocking on the ball.

But the rest of his game has been as solid as you can hope for from a number two.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: August 25, 2019, 04:44:13 am »
thought he did ok today. the one on one when pepe broke our offside trap kept us in the game

and as for the goal, our defence didn't do well enough to prevent the shot from getting in. No shot on target no goal. see football is that simple ;D

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #525 on: August 25, 2019, 04:55:55 am »
Laughable. I know there are some people on here who have some bizarre agenda against Mignolet and wouldn't admit he was a better choice if a goalkeeper was throwing the ball into the net each game, but let's be real. We're talking about someone who couldn't get into West Ham's team and was bought as a cut-price stopgap, who's made more huge mistakes in his last two games than Mignolet has in what, his last two years?

He got kept out of a team by a Fabianzki that was playing out of his skin.

I don't know what the most recent numbers are, by Adrian's shot saving numbers were a lot better than Mignolet's, who had consistently one of the worst save percentages in the league. And are we seriously talking up Mignolet's ability with the ball now? Let's be serious.

Adrian's main weakness is he hasn't played much in the last couple of seasons and has a lot of rust. He'll be fine.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #526 on: August 25, 2019, 06:06:15 am »
That's just a weird false equivalence.  How about he does neither and instead he uses his eyes to see what's going on and doesn't make a stupid decision?

That would be my preference.

So you simply want a better player?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: August 25, 2019, 09:57:41 am »
Re the minor issue between VVD and Adrian yesterday, my strong opinion is that Virgil should fucking boot that ball to row Z of the MS. It doesn't matter that Adrian may shout leave it, Virgil is experienced enough to recognise there's a potential problem, that Adrian is kicking towards bodies that are obstacles to a clean clearance, so as he was always capable of getting to the ball first he should deal with the imminent danger.

Offline Silverbird

• Anny Roader
« Reply #528 on: August 25, 2019, 10:38:19 am »
Re the minor issue between VVD and Adrian yesterday, my strong opinion is that Virgil should fucking boot that ball to row Z of the MS. It doesn't matter that Adrian may shout leave it, Virgil is experienced enough to recognise there's a potential problem, that Adrian is kicking towards bodies that are obstacles to a clean clearance, so as he was always capable of getting to the ball first he should deal with the imminent danger.

On the contrary, I thought Adrian was in a better position to see the field of play and therefore make the call. The problem was not that he made the clearance but the execution of it. Reminded me of Ederson’s one to Salah a couple of seasons back in the UCL against us.

In any event, some fans have been complaining that Adrian isn’t as quickly off his line as Allison and the incident was proof that he’s learning to play the way Liverpool keepers are asked to. We can’t have it both ways (not referring to you per se) - if we want him to come out then occasionally these incidents will happen. On the other hand, 90% of EPL keepers would have stayed on the line.

I was also pleased he saved Pepe’s one on one. Granted Pepe didn’t hit it well, but Adrian stayed big and saved it which is what matters. There were also a few shots at him which he held onto well.

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: August 25, 2019, 10:55:45 am »
If anything it just shows us how good Alisson is.
What a man.
Please come back quick.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: August 25, 2019, 11:11:10 am »

No, people seem to have forgotten how bad Mignolet was far us. I don't blame them, since he's been out for a long time. But his shot stopping was very bad, and he panicked every time the ball came into the box. Every time the opposition crossed the ball it was utter chaos, especially in his last few months as first choice.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #531 on: August 25, 2019, 01:27:18 pm »
On the contrary, I thought Adrian was in a better position to see the field of play and therefore make the call.
He didn't need to make a call, Virgil had it covered. It was just a bad decision on his part, followed by a poor execution. Just a bad moment all round. They happen.

In any event, some fans have been complaining that Adrian isn’t as quickly off his line as Allison and the incident was proof that he’s learning to play the way Liverpool keepers are asked to. We can’t have it both ways (not referring to you per se) - if we want him to come out then occasionally these incidents will happen. On the other hand, 90% of EPL keepers would have stayed on the line.

We can have it both ways, it's called good decision-making
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: August 25, 2019, 01:58:03 pm »
I've said it before - we can easily outscore most teams until Alisson comes back. 

Yes, we've conceded 3 in 3, but come on - it's a goal a game and we're still winning.  There wont be many games this season where we only score one, or fail to score at all.  Alisson should be well back by then.  People need to chill out.

If Adrian let's in 3 or 4 in a game or over two games then yes that would be a justifiable concern; so far I've not seen anything to suggest he's doing anything other than getting himself in the groove. 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: August 25, 2019, 02:00:36 pm »

Totally agree. Too often, I addition to your point, I have seen indecision leading to a toe poke by the striker from behind the defender resulting in a goal.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #534 on: August 25, 2019, 02:29:17 pm »
Totally agree. Too often, I addition to your point, I have seen indecision leading to a toe poke by the striker from behind the defender resulting in a goal.

Part of the problem is that Adrian is still unsure of when to go and when to stay, and that creates uncertainty in the backline in those situations. So in those moments, it helps if the more senior player (i.e. the one who knows the system the most) makes the decision for the keeper.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #535 on: August 25, 2019, 06:37:51 pm »
Which he will do.
That can be seen as another learning point for Adrian. Actually it was a learning point for van Dijk. He won't be leaving it again. Man learns quick.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: August 25, 2019, 09:55:02 pm »
Which he will do.
That can be seen as another learning point for Adrian. Actually it was a learning point for van Dijk. He won't be leaving it again. Man learns quick.
More so for VVD, as all CB's should mate. Carra, Samie, Hansen, and so on. You don't hesitate under those circumstances when 2 players are involved at the keeper. You just deal with the fucking ball.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #537 on: August 25, 2019, 10:15:11 pm »
Anyone whose last two names are San Miguel is fine by me.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #538 on: August 25, 2019, 10:17:44 pm »
Anyone whose last two names are San Miguel is fine by me.

John Henry San Miguel  :thumbup
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #539 on: August 25, 2019, 11:03:25 pm »

What have you heard that I haven't?   :o
Linudden.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #540 on: August 25, 2019, 11:56:05 pm »
John Henry San Miguel  :thumbup

He thought about it but San Miguel is already trademarked.  ;)
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #541 on: August 26, 2019, 01:06:06 am »
More so for VVD, as all CB's should mate. Carra, Samie, Hansen, and so on.
One of these is not like the others...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: August 26, 2019, 08:05:52 am »

Wait, what? Since when was Mignolet gliding past forwards?  :o

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #543 on: August 26, 2019, 12:13:02 pm »
Wait, what? Since when was Mignolet gliding past forwards?  :o
In our hopes and dreams.

Reality was a bit different...

Adrian is doing fine for a 2nd choice.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: August 31, 2019, 07:48:11 pm »
couple of nice saves from him again today

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #545 on: August 31, 2019, 07:54:15 pm »
Great to get his first clean sheet, and he earned it.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: August 31, 2019, 07:55:47 pm »
He looked comfortable today. Dealt with everything well, was proactive in his decisions, reacted well in everything.

Big upgrade on Mignolet as the second keeper in my opinion.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: August 31, 2019, 07:56:04 pm »
Feel relaxed with him in goal, done a decent job as a deputy. I'm sure a few PL teams are annoyed they didn't pick him up.

Feel a lot more confident that we will go on a decent cup run this season with him playing in goal.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #548 on: August 31, 2019, 07:57:12 pm »
Great game from him.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #549 on: August 31, 2019, 08:03:13 pm »
And he has his pre season coming up

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #550 on: August 31, 2019, 08:15:08 pm »
Now he jus needs to sort out kicking directly to opposition players and he'll be sorted.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #551 on: August 31, 2019, 08:16:58 pm »
Very pleased for Adrian today.

He's come into this team cold, with no pre-season, no intense training, no time to get to know his team mates and has been thrown in at the deep end, he's done fantastically well all things considered.

He earnt and deserved that clean sheet today.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: August 31, 2019, 08:17:47 pm »
Great to get his first clean sheet, and he earned it.

Thought he was very good today
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: August 31, 2019, 08:18:35 pm »
Now he jus needs to sort out kicking directly to opposition players and he'll be sorted.

That was doing my head in today. Took 10 sec pause on the ball, before kicking it long to the Burnley midfielders. All while Fabinho was there for the short pass.

Otherwise delighted with the performance. With some top class saves to boot!
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline ATEAMOFCARRAGHERS

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #554 on: August 31, 2019, 08:31:11 pm »
I thought he had his best all round game so far for us. No mistakes and did the right things with clearances.
15/4/89 never forgotten.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #555 on: August 31, 2019, 08:32:04 pm »
He needs to improve his goalkicking, but he made some crucial saves and I am delighted he's earned a clean sheet. Keep it up, lad.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: August 31, 2019, 09:00:18 pm »
Played really well, he is having his moment in the sun. Made up for the lad. Funny enough I was away in Majorca all inclusive last week and the young Spanish lads behind the bar all supported Real Madrid and Liverpool. Probably because we battered Barcelona, one said he knew Adrian 8)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #557 on: August 31, 2019, 09:01:38 pm »
Played really well, he is having his moment in the sun. Made up for the lad. Funny enough I was away in Majorca all inclusive last week and the young Spanish lads behind the bar all supported Real Madrid and Liverpool. Probably because we battered Barcelona, one said he knew Adrian 8)

Did he tell you any stories about him then?  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: August 31, 2019, 09:02:08 pm »
He needs to improve his goal scoring but other than that he's a decent back up.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: August 31, 2019, 09:15:31 pm »
Did he tell you any stories about him then?  ;D

No, after steady drinking from 11am till midnight for ten days I don't remember much. Just remember him saying he went home last Saturday after finishing at two in the morning and he watched the Arsenal game. He said to me we were Attack, Attack, Attack.
Even in my Sixties my wife laughed at me writing LIVERPOOL all over the steamed up bathroom mirror and shower screen.. I need to grow up she said..