Author Topic: The BBC  (Read 134368 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: The BBC
« Reply #400 on: September 27, 2020, 11:18:12 am »
A UK version of Fox News is the goal for these c*nts!

I don't think you need a separate channel bearing in mind the amount of times you see the likes of Toby Young, Oakeshott,mHartley-Brewer etc spouting their right wing views on the telly.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #401 on: September 29, 2020, 04:56:03 pm »
Wow.

The [lifelong Tory] government stooge in charge at the BBC has vowed to gag BBC employees from expressing political views in their own time on their private social media accounts.

Although not explicitly saying, there's no doubt this is in an attempt to stop high profile figures like Gary Linekar from being critical of the government and it's hard-right, nationalist policies.

More 1930's Germany stuff from this corrupt government.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54263754
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: September 29, 2020, 05:04:07 pm »
Even looks like a smug twat

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: September 29, 2020, 06:50:56 pm »
Wow.

The [lifelong Tory] government stooge in charge at the BBC has vowed to gag BBC employees from expressing political views in their own time on their private social media accounts.

Although not explicitly saying, there's no doubt this is in an attempt to stop high profile figures like Gary Linekar from being critical of the government and it's hard-right, nationalist policies.

More 1930's Germany stuff from this corrupt government.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54263754

Maybe he could start with his own political editor who broke electoral law live on the BBC.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #404 on: October 5, 2020, 05:47:00 pm »
Destruction from within, how very fascist/Trumpian.

Hardline BBC critics reportedly offered top media roles

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/sep/26/pm-offers-top-media-body-jobs-to-critics-of-bbc-say-reports

Moore has ruled himself out of the beeb role according to today’s Guardian, citing ‘family health problems’.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: October 6, 2020, 09:00:46 pm »
Eddie Van Halen has passed away at 65 from cancer. RIP

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #406 on: October 6, 2020, 09:05:49 pm »
Great guitarist. RIP

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: October 6, 2020, 09:05:51 pm »
Holy shit.  EVH :(

Legend

RIP

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #408 on: October 6, 2020, 09:30:57 pm »
I'm still reeling from the news that Manu Dibango has passed...

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #409 on: October 6, 2020, 09:41:10 pm »

Legend

RIP

A total innovator, and as influential as Hendrix on almost all modern rock guitar. RIP EVH, and thank you for every amazing note \m/

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: October 7, 2020, 01:12:08 am »
RIP EVH :(

I also just saw that Helen Reddy passed last week as well. Her iconic song I Am Woman was part of the feminist movement in the early 1970s. Great song.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #411 on: October 7, 2020, 02:32:45 am »
RIP Johnny Nash

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: October 7, 2020, 02:39:00 am »

Legend

RIP
A genius, classically trained musician from a young age. finger tapping at speed. incredible player. RIP
Chris Bryant

It feels as if the major from Fawlty Towers has taken over the Tory campaign.
10:42 PM · May 25, 2024
·

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #414 on: October 29, 2020, 02:55:18 pm »
The BBC has issued new guidance on social media usage, which will force staff to maintain impartiality.

Employees will be told not to "express a personal opinion on matters of public policy, politics, or controversial subjects".

The BBC said there would be "tougher guidelines for some staff in news, current affairs, factual journalism, senior leadership, and a small number of presenters who have a significant public profile".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54723282

Not sure what I make of this. I find limiting people's ability to discuss their own views on their own social media a bit tough to take.

Apparently they are also making them publicly report sources of earnings outside of their BBC work.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #415 on: October 29, 2020, 03:14:09 pm »
A ban on "virtue signalling" (yes, that is the wording they've used - except for poppies, of course).

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1321783234750009344

Throw it in the bin, it's done.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: October 29, 2020, 03:24:42 pm »
A ban on "virtue signalling" (yes, that is the wording they've used - except for poppies, of course).

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1321783234750009344

Throw it in the bin, it's done.

Avoid ‘virtue signalling’ – retweets, likes or joining online campaigns to indicate a personal view, no matter how apparently worthy the cause.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguidelines/guidance/individual-use-of-social-media

So something like this basically?

"This story is the future"

BBC Sport celebrates #BlackHistoryMonth  with release of the short film, Black History Matters.

Check it out

https://twitter.com/BBCCareers/status/1320751350733590529
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 03:28:40 pm by ShakaHislop »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: October 29, 2020, 11:27:26 pm »
What do you expect with an ex Tory in Tim Davie

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #419 on: November 1, 2020, 10:34:55 am »
In the past, we got feelgood pieces about cuddly zoo animals. 2020, we get "The wedding DJ who wants to stop migrant boats".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-54756575

And look at the accounts that "journalist" was tagging:

https://twitter.com/ChrisKPH/status/1322812725282689024
« Last Edit: November 1, 2020, 10:36:34 am by Snail »

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #420 on: November 1, 2020, 11:35:02 am »
In the past, we got feelgood pieces about cuddly zoo animals. 2020, we get "The wedding DJ who wants to stop migrant boats".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-54756575

And look at the accounts that "journalist" was tagging:

https://twitter.com/ChrisKPH/status/1322812725282689024

I've had regular run ins with that 'journalist' living down here. He's a c*nt.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: November 1, 2020, 03:23:34 pm »
I assume BBC staff should also remain neutral in acts of terrorism incase a terrorist group claim bias

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: November 1, 2020, 04:33:43 pm »
I assume BBC staff should also remain neutral in acts of terrorism incase a terrorist group claim bias
Of course. And, invite on a terrorist for studio debates when there is a discussion regarding terrorism - you know, for 'balance'.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: November 1, 2020, 06:14:06 pm »
Of course. And, invite on a terrorist for studio debates when there is a discussion regarding terrorism - you know, for 'balance'.

"I'm sorry sir, you are going to have to remove your suicide vest while I fit your lapel mic"

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: November 1, 2020, 06:17:44 pm »
"I'm sorry sir, you are going to have to remove your suicide vest while I fit your lapel mic"
I've been a pretty strong defender of the BBC. And they are in an unwinnable situation. But their policy to provide 'balance' to any topic is moronic. The country probably would not have Brexited if the BBC had fulfilled its duties as gatekeepers of information.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: December 29, 2020, 08:08:46 am »
Put bbc news on this morning to catch up with the latest on Covid and Brexit, and instead had about a 20 minute segment (for the umpteenth time) on the old guy ‘Tom’ who done the charity walk back in March.  BBC infatuation with ‘Tom’ is relentless.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #426 on: December 29, 2020, 11:27:21 am »
The rash of senior appointments underlines the BBC as a propaganda arm for the government. And they've managed to con people into wanting to pay for their propaganda. That's clever.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #427 on: December 29, 2020, 12:57:37 pm »
The rash of senior appointments underlines the BBC as a propaganda arm for the government. And they've managed to con people into wanting to pay for their propaganda. That's clever.

Not you though. You're on to them. That's clever, clever.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: January 10, 2021, 04:17:06 pm »

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: January 10, 2021, 05:13:12 pm »
Very responsible reporting: https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1347324199694704649
I do not understand why the BBC would report a 'story' like that. Although reprehensible, I can understand why the likes of The Sun might, but the BBC? I can only assume that the reporter (and editor) are a bit thick.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: January 11, 2021, 03:15:14 pm »
Previous fascist states have always sought to control the media, and use any national broadcaster as a propaganda organ.

Why should this increasingly fascist government be any different?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: January 11, 2021, 03:23:22 pm »
'Care needed' after getting Covid vaccine

I've no idea what you guys problem with it is exactly and even less with the fascist gov propaganda shout  ::)

Did you even bother reading it ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: January 11, 2021, 03:30:27 pm »

I've no idea what you guys problem with it is exactly and even less with the fascist gov propaganda shout  ::)

I was talking generally, not in specific relation to that article. The gagging of BBC personnel from expressing opinion in their own time is like something a Stalinist dictatorship would advocate - it's especially insidious when what has prompted the move is that certain public figures who are fundamentally caring people have criticised cuntish behaviour and policies of this shower of shite in power now, as well as the orange turd who was in the WH.

Offline J_Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: January 11, 2021, 03:46:45 pm »

They changed the headline since I posted the tweet, slightly more responsible of them but damage has already been done.

They also aren't a "propaganda wing of a fascist government" either, don't get it twisted that I believe that nonsense.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 03:49:18 pm by J_Kopite »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: January 11, 2021, 04:24:51 pm »
They changed the headline since I posted the tweet, slightly more responsible of them but damage has already been done.

They also aren't a "propaganda wing of a fascist government" either, don't get it twisted that I believe that nonsense.

Did they change the story because if they didn't then I still don't get why people are getting their panties in a bunch.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: January 11, 2021, 04:48:51 pm »
Richard Sharp: BBC chair may be a Tory donor but it could be far worse

There are some positives to former banker’s appointment other than him not being Charles Moore

Former banker Richard Sharp may be a prominent Tory party donor and fan of Brexit, but at least the new chairman of the BBC is not Charles Moore.

That’s how staff at the corporation are likely to be feeling about Wednesday’s announcement – with good reason.

Whether intentionally or not, the government smoothed the way for a man who is little-known outside the City to be appointed to such a central media role by pushing hard for Moore, the licence-fee refusenik and former editor of the Telegraph.

Once Moore had ruled himself out, but not before the government had pushed through a pay rise to entice him to give up his lucrative Telegraph column, Sharp emerged as the prime minister’s favoured candidate and has been waiting for the announcement ever since.

Despite all this, there are positives to Sharp’s appointment – and not just because the alternative could have been far worse.

A member of the board of the Conservative thinktank, the Centre for Policy Studies, Sharp is regarded as a shrewd operator by people who have worked with him.

As well as being the sort of smart bruiser who earns a fortune at Goldman Sachs, his main advantages as BBC chair are considered to be his good political connections and his genuine appreciation for the arts.

His closest political ally is his former underling at Goldman Sachs, Rishi Sunak. The chancellor called for Sharp to help deal with coronavirus relief measures last year. The 64-year-old is wealthy enough not to need the money and acted as an unpaid adviser to the Treasury.

Sharp’s appointment to the BBC could be a sign of the “Sunakification” of the British establishment, whatever that means.

Although it is not clear yet what tack the chancellor will take on the licence fee negotiations set to be reached this year, few believe the talks will be as antagonistic as if they had been carried out with Dominic Cummings still a force to be reckoned with in Downing Street.

“He is a long way from the Cummings lot’s hatred of the BBC, always banging on about the metropolitan elite,” said one media insider. “Whatever you think of bankers, he is very client-friendly, and our biggest client is the government.”

A former colleague at Goldman Sachs said he could be arrogant but also incredibly charming to those he needed to woo.

Having made a fortune on the private equity side of the business, Sharp is known as a brilliant negotiator.

Tim Davie, appointed director general last year, is understood to have liked Sharp when they met before Christmas. With two men from the financial side of the business now at the head of the BBC, it is likely to become more of a “corporation” than previously.

Sharp has been involved with the Royal Academy of Arts since 2004 and was its chair from 2007 to 2012, and is understood to have fought for more arts funding.

A known fan of music rather than TV, he would typically be expected to focus more on the bottom line rather than the corporation’s coverage. These are not typical times in many ways, however.

Several ministers, including the prime minister, are said to be unhappy with the BBC’s coverage of New Year’s Eve and the historic departure from the EU.

“It was almost funereal rather than celebratory,” said someone close to the cabinet.

It remains to be seen whether Sharp will use his lifetime’s experience in the City to negotiate away this tension or not.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/jan/07/richard-sharp-bbc-chair-may-be-a-tory-donor-but-it-could-be-far-worse
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 07:34:42 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: January 11, 2021, 07:00:49 pm »

The tweet read:

Covid: Nurse 'angry' over positive test despite vaccination

As though to suggest that vaccination is ineffective. Yes, I did go on to the actual article at the BBC website, but the tweet needs to stand on its own two feet too.

Offline J_Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: January 12, 2021, 11:47:01 am »

Did they change the story because if they didn't then I still don't get why people are getting their panties in a bunch.

How many people read the headline and not the story? There is a woman literally in the Twitter replies stating this was making her "very nervous" about her Mum's imminent vaccination and she was considering telling her not to get it. That's why people are taking them to task.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #438 on: January 12, 2021, 11:58:26 am »
Laura Kuenssburg, Andrew Neil anything more need to be said!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: January 12, 2021, 12:06:22 pm »
Laura Kuenssburg, Andrew Neil anything more need to be said!

Former BBC News Political Editor, and a current host of 'Today' on R4, Nick Robinson.

From Wiki:

Political activism
Robinson was a founder-member of Macclesfield Young Conservatives (YC) and rose through the ranks, becoming Cheshire YC Chairman from 1982 to 1984 and became a key activist in the moderate-controlled North West Area organisation. Philip Pedley, as National YC Chairman, co-opted Robinson onto the YC National Advisory Committee in 1983 and appointed him National Campaign Director of Youth for Multilateral Disarmament. Robinson was elected National Vice Chairman from 1985 to 1987 and succeeded a fellow moderate, Richard Fuller, when Robinson was elected Chairman of the National Young Conservatives on the moderate ticket against strong right-wing opposition (1987–1988).[7]
At university he was President of the Oxford University Conservative Association in 1985

Alastair Campbell was very open in accusing Robinson of pro-Tory bias