Author Topic: CL Final Liverpool (Champions of Europe)2 vs Spurs 0 - Salah 2' (Pen) Origi 87’  (Read 195260 times)

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/f95yRk9tzWI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/f95yRk9tzWI</a>

;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/f95yRk9tzWI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/f95yRk9tzWI</a>

;D

:lmao

There's an idiot on the pitch & he's chasing a streaker :lmao
#Sausages

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
Just watching it back, this was a brilliantly mature performance , superb game management. Not huge flair but we worked so hard, slowly drained the spark out of them
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
:lmao

There's an idiot on the pitch & he's chasing a streaker :lmao

I loved the bit with Pickford at the end, and when Jurgen clobbers Suarez with the trophy.  "By the way, Robertson says hi!"

Popcorn's Art

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
Watched the trophy presentation multiple times today and it's the best one I have ever seen. There is a beautiful shot of Henderson receiving his meddle and the European cup sitting there with blue lights in the background. That was just a perfect shot. And then the build up from fans and players as hendo walks over to lift the trophy and then the emotion and passion in the trophy lift from hendo is great.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2019, 11:57:08 pm by LFC when it suits »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Watched the trophy presentation multiple times today and it's the best one I have ever seen. There is a beautiful shit if Henderson receiving his meddle and the European cup sitting there with blue lights in the background. That was just a perfect shot. And then the build up from fans and players as hendo walks over to lift the trophy and then the emotion and passion in the trophy lift from hendo is great.

:o

;)

EDIT: I just watched the presentation again. I'd had a few drinks on the night.  :odd Yes, it was beautiful. The sheer joy on Henderson's face and the passion with which he lifted the trophy was just superb to watch.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2019, 01:32:44 am by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan

You expect it from others  but not our own,the only reason we finished where we did that season was because of the CL run,the first 11 was full of some great players,Rafa just wasn't backed enough to make it a great squad.

We also reached the league cup final that season on top of the demands of the CL run.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Just watching it back, this was a brilliantly mature performance , superb game management. Not huge flair but we worked so hard, slowly drained the spark out of them

3 min mark Robbo lets the ball run out at midfield for a throw instead of just putting a foot on it. and so it began ....  ;D
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
Which brewery?!

2Brothers in Moorabbin.
We are Liverpool!

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
Morning, evening, afternoon Reds wherever you are.

Anyone else still Fucking buzzing?

Cool, not just me then. 😀

Here’s my playlist from Saturday night/Sunday morning.

https://www.mixcloud.com/brian-mclaughlin/lets-talk-about-6-baby-2-brothers-champions-league-playlist/
We are Liverpool!

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Was in La’go Saturday night, there’s a boss little video on their Facebook ;D

https://www.facebook.com/869301396456144/posts/2488096574576610?s=100007601222734&v=e&sfns=mo

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just a question: does anyone on here think that wasn't a pen?

What amuses me is Man Utd fans (who argued that their penalty against PSG was the correct decision) insisting that ours on Saturday was the wrong decision. Whatever your thoughts on Saturday's penalty, it was more of a pen than Kimpembe's hand ball against the mancs.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Just a question: does anyone on here think that wasn't a pen?

Just watched a video with the Geordie fella and a couple of ours (supposedly) and that Goldbridge eejit watching the final and streaming live. Couldn't believe my ears when they were all in agreement that it wasn't a pen, and one said "I hope we don't win it this way" or something to that effect? Fuckin unreal.

It was a definite pen for me. He's unlucky in the sense that it came off his body and onto his arm but he had no reason to stick his arm out for so long like he did. The excuse of 'he was pointing to a team mate' is ridiculous, since when did that matter?

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Apologies for the poor quality. ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KBhipr1zFwM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KBhipr1zFwM</a>

Filmed this in the pub right after full time.  Somebody had set a smoke bomb off inside the pub and I was fuming - I thought the place might have to be evacuated before I saw the trophy lift! :lmao

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan

I think if that had been given against us I would have thought it was harsh. But I would be calling Lovren a dickhead for having his arm out like that (because lets face it. If it was going to be any LFC defender that gives that pen away it would be Degsy)

As I've said before, if that was a Prem game or an FA Cup Final, an English ref would have probably awarded a free kick.  English fans, pundits, commentators etc have become so used to shit decisions by English refs than when a European ref overseeing an all English final actually follows the letter of the law they're up in arms.  He was never going to favour one side over the other, and he was more concerned about applying the rules than making sure the game was a "spectacle" for the viewer.

Yes it was a sloppy, silly mistake, and very harsh.  But it's still a pen, and Spurs still had 85 minutes to get back in the game.  If you can't break down a team sitting on a one goal lead for that amount of time, do you deserve anything from the game?  It's not like there was any stonewall decision that went against them.

If the Nou Camp first leg had been a CL Final we'd all be gutted, but we'd have to accept that we didn't take our chances and move on.  I always said Spurs would struggle with the game not being over two legs and with no away goals rule to bail them out.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He's unlucky in the sense that it came off his body and onto his arm but he had no reason to stick his arm out for so long like he did. The excuse of 'he was pointing to a team mate' is ridiculous, since when did that matter?

This hits the nail on the head for me. I don't particularly like UEFA's new guidelines on handball; when moving around quickly, your arms will naturally move around a lot in elevated positions, for the purpose of balance! While that excuse is perfectly legitimate for Kimpembe against Man Utd in the round of 16 (which I still think was a ridiculous decision), it cannot be made for Sissoko on Saturday. As you say, he was unlucky and I've always been of the opinion that handball should be defined as a deliberate (clear) movement of the hand towards the ball, but according to UEFA, it's a penalty.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Anyone else have the same warming feeling inside when you remind ourselves we're champions of Europe. ;D

For me, all this started that awful day just over 4 years ago at Stoke. The end of that season[14/15] was an anti climax, Steven Gerrard had announced he's going to retire, then we end up with one of the worst performances in the FA Cup semi final, losing against Tim Sherwood managed Villa, :butt then  losing our last home game against Palace, then the Stoke game, was 0-0 after 20 minutes, then we were 5-0 down at halftime, then lost 6-1, that was the end of Brendan Rodgers reign, FSG wanted to sack him then, with a shortlist of only one to replace him.

However the person to replace him was on a well earned sabbatical, recharging his batteries after his time at Dortmund, so the owners decided not to sack Brendan Rodgers, gave him one last chance, but beginning of season 15/16, still wasn't working, the owners decided enough was enough before the Derby, but waited after the Derby as there wa was an International break the following week,  Brendan Rodgers was sacked, the hours after the Derby, Jurgen Klopp was approached in the days afterwards, & agreed to be our manager, i still remember that Thursday afternoon, when more were following his flight than the full capacity at Goodison ;D

Rest as  they say is history.
#Sausages

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
I still cant believe how ruthless we were quickly making that decision
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
I still cant believe how ruthless we were quickly making that decision

Indeed, i feel they were ruthless & acted quickly as Klopp almost certainly would have gone elsewhere had we not done so, & we got in early, just as well, City, Chelsea & United were all looking for a new manager at the end of that season.
#Sausages

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I really don't believe Klopp wasn't sounded out in the weeks before Rodgers was sacked. In fact, when the sacking was announced, I assumed that Klopp had indicated he was prepared to forget his sabbatical. Obviously, that would not be made public.

Offline fridge

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
Anyone else have the same warming feeling inside when you remind ourselves we're champions of Europe. ;D

For me, all this started that awful day just over 4 years ago at Stoke. The end of that season[14/15] was an anti climax, Steven Gerrard had announced he's going to retire, then we end up with one of the worst performances in the FA Cup semi final, losing against Tim Sherwood managed Villa, :butt then  losing our last home game against Palace, then the Stoke game, was 0-0 after 20 minutes, then we were 5-0 down at halftime, then lost 6-1, that was the end of Brendan Rodgers reign, FSG wanted to sack him then, with a shortlist of only one to replace him.

However the person to replace him was on a well earned sabbatical, recharging his batteries after his time at Dortmund, so the owners decided not to sack Brendan Rodgers, gave him one last chance, but beginning of season 15/16, still wasn't working, the owners decided enough was enough before the Derby, but waited after the Derby as there wa was an International break the following week,  Brendan Rodgers was sacked, the hours after the Derby, Jurgen Klopp was approached in the days afterwards, & agreed to be our manager, i still remember that Thursday afternoon, when more were following his flight than the full capacity at Goodison ;D

Rest as  they say is history.

Not just Champions of Europe but SIX TIMES CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

Me head's still spinning from the beauty of the whole weekend
Each night before I go to bed I thank the Lord that I'm a Red

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Indeed, i feel they were ruthless & acted quickly as Klopp almost certainly would have gone elsewhere had we not done so, & we got in early, just as well, City, Chelsea & United were all looking for a new manager at the end of that season.

City, Chelsea and United all will again soon. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
I really don't believe Klopp wasn't sounded out in the weeks before Rodgers was sacked. In fact, when the sacking was announced, I assumed that Klopp had indicated he was prepared to forget his sabbatical. Obviously, that would not be made public.

I think that is public knowledge from interviews he did and quotes from Rafa Honigstein's book. The trip he made with his agent to New York - wasn't that when Rodgers was still here?  I remember reading that he was trying to stay low key at the airport in Germany, but someone spotted him and asked him why he was going to NY, and he said he was going to an NBA game, even though the league hadn't actually started at that time  :P

I always thought that he may have been contacted in the summer, but he was absolutely insistent he was taking a few months break.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
City, Chelsea and United all will again soon. ;D

;D

Maybe not City yet anyway, but certainly United & Chelsea. ;D
#Sausages

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Pep will get bored-burnt out at City. It’s his m.o. Plus it’s not like he has an affection for Manchester or the city fan.

Offline JURGENKLOPP

• Thou shalt not steal. (books, from St. Thomas More Catholic High School)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
6 TIMES COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :champ :champ :champ :champ :champ :champ

THE PARTY ISN'T OVER!!!! JURGEN FUCKING KLOPP!!!!!!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
What amuses me is Man Utd fans (who argued that their penalty against PSG was the correct decision) insisting that ours on Saturday was the wrong decision. Whatever your thoughts on Saturday's penalty, it was more of a pen than Kimpembe's hand ball against the mancs.

If there was ever a fanbase who should be saying it was a cast-iron, stonewall pen then it's Man Utd's. Anyone who believes the one they got against PSG (when the player was looking the other way) was a penalty simply has to agree that this one was too. Otherwise, you are simply a hypocrite. With our one the player was actually looking at the ball and had his arm out like a bloody windmill, blocking a ball which may well have produced a goal.

If this were the other way around, Spurs would have been screaming for it. If it wasn't given to them then everyone would have been going on about a conspiracy and bias towards Liverpool. Cheats etc....
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
I've almost forgotten the 90 minutes of the game bar the two goals but history will remember the result.

I've almost forgotten the three days that it took me to get back to work in London, even though I tried to board the train at Lime Street around 10pm on Sunday night. HTF did it take three days?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I can't say how I know (swear on my kids lives and not in a Harry Kane way that I'm telling the truth), but the new manager was already sorted when Brendan was sacked.
Jurgen YNWA

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
I can't say how I know (swear on my kids lives and not in a Harry Kane way that I'm telling the truth), but the new manager was already sorted when Brendan was sacked.
This is common knowledge isn’t it??
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
Still can't believe we have Big Ears at Anfield again.

Every time I sing ''We won it.... '' in my head, I'm still saying ''5 times''.  :D

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
6 TIMES COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :champ :champ :champ :champ :champ :champ

THE PARTY ISN'T OVER!!!! JURGEN FUCKING KLOPP!!!!!!

Family, friends and me are doing a 1 week celebration Saturday :champ

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
Family, friends and me are doing a 1 week celebration Saturday :champ
Might have a one-week anniversary drink on Saturday night myself.

I won't be taking the banner off the house until next week either. I have a policy of leaving it up for at least a week after a final, win or lose.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
The decision to can Rodgers was made at the end of August when West Ham turned us over at Anfield. The owners used the next month to go for and meet with Klopp and to have him in place after the derby which gave us the added time of the October international break before the first game at Spurs. Its mad to think it come full circle and we played the same opponents in a CL final for Klopp's first trophy.

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
YMCA

Moussa, theres a man who feels down
I said Moussa, point your arm at the ground
Moussa, when in the box you did go
22 seconds and you made the referee blow
He gave the penalty F.A.S.T
He gave the Penalty F.A.S.T
When you've got a game you simply must blow
in-to the pen-alty box Moussa Sissoko must go

F.A.S.T he fucked it up F.A.S.T
it took 22 seconds to give a penalty shot
and now Liverpool are champions and the spurs they- are -not

Another shout out for this...nearly a week later, I’m still cracking up 😂
« Last Edit: June 7, 2019, 08:19:43 am by Huytonian »
We’re not English. We’re SCOUSE.

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...

Still smiling.

Have used some of the piccies from here to show on my school computer for the kids in my class in Vietnam.

Surprisingly, I have one spurs fan in my form.

They are not happy with my decorations. Have a different picture up every day.

Life is good...
'Nuff said...

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
seen a new pic/vid everyday and it just makes me smile

today was the one where robbo is giving an interview and Alisson strides past holding the cup
"was just talking about you.......not letting it go big man!"

6 times lads and lasses 6 times
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Today was 6 (six) days in a row I sang "lets talk about six" in the shower. Loudly.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
The decision to can Rodgers was made at the end of August when West Ham turned us over at Anfield. The owners used the next month to go for and meet with Klopp and to have him in place after the derby which gave us the added time of the October international break before the first game at Spurs. Its mad to think it come full circle and we played the same opponents in a CL final for Klopp's first trophy.

I imagine that if Klopp had remained adamant that he was taking the year off and they should talk to him the following summer, we'd have stuck with Brendan till the end of the season.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'