Author Topic: Wolverhampton Wanderers  (Read 65281 times)

Offline PaintItRed

• Main Stander
Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers
« Reply #360 on: December 4, 2020, 11:15:59 pm »
Ryan Mason? At least I presume he fractured his skull. He had to retire, which hopefully is not the case for Jimenez. I presume there are different levels of severity and will depend on the area, so fingers cross its not as bad as it sounds.

Surgery will presumably be for either a depressed skull fracture or an intracranial bleed.
Bill Shankly:

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.

In my time at Anfield we always said we had the two best teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #361 on: December 22, 2020, 12:56:30 pm »
Fair fucks to Nuno, really respect him coming out and saying that. And he's not wrong. As Liverpool fans we all know how shite and incompetent Mason is and has been for years - refs should not be untouchable and immune from fair criticism.

Some may say that Nuno's comments went too far, I say that he hit the nail on the head (in light of Burnley's tactic of kicking the fuck out of Podence or Traore any time the ball got near them) and he's said what he needs to in order to afford his players plenty of protection.

It's probably, long term, worth minor sanctions. Referees will hate being personally called out on incompetence and will be scared of it happening again. When it's generic criticism directed at the organisation, they hide behind said organisation and the relative anonymity within which they work. Can't hide when you've been called out like that.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #362 on: December 22, 2020, 02:18:08 pm »
I completely agree mate. Nuno is just taking one for his fellow managers. I like the guy very much (and Bielsa), and he has called it right. Let us see how the 'authorities' react.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: December 22, 2020, 03:00:37 pm »
Yep, my respect for him, which was already pretty high, just went up tenfold for this. Much needed. It's about time refs in the PL were taken to task, they're untouchable and it's infuriating.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: December 22, 2020, 03:05:37 pm »
Referees should not be immune from criticism, especially if they're being called out for being inept as opposed to corrupt
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: December 22, 2020, 03:06:02 pm »
It'll probably be some heavy fine and maybe even a touchline ban for 'bringing the game into disrepute,' something most of us fans would argue PGMOL do weekly.

He said it in the heat of the moment but didn't seem outraged or out of control when he said it - he has definitely taken one for the team as Vinay has said.

There has to be a constructive way to feedback on referee performance, the current blanket ban on saying anything whatsoever is craziness. The Dutch actually interview the referees who have to justify their decisions post-game. Would never happen here.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: December 22, 2020, 03:10:27 pm »
Here in the US they've been pushing youth players to use these with mixed success - https://unequal.com/halo-3/

Who's pushing players to use them? I've not seen anything or anyone where I am that is even encouraging, let alone pushing, youth players to use those. 

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: December 22, 2020, 03:16:40 pm »
It'll probably be some heavy fine and maybe even a touchline ban for 'bringing the game into disrepute,' something most of us fans would argue PGMOL do weekly.

You're probably right about that but Nuno didn't really say anything bad about Mason other then that he's not good enough.  Does that rise to the level where he'll see a fine or a ban? 

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: December 22, 2020, 03:21:55 pm »
You're probably right about that but Nuno didn't really say anything bad about Mason other then that he's not good enough.  Does that rise to the level where he'll see a fine or a ban?

criticizing referees public ally = fine

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #369 on: December 22, 2020, 03:22:43 pm »
They play Spurs next, so expect Mourinho to start crying in his press conference that if he'd said what Nuno said, his punishment would have been ten times worse.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: December 22, 2020, 06:18:11 pm »
I completely agree mate. Nuno is just taking one for his fellow managers. I like the guy very much (and Bielsa), and he has called it right. Let us see how the 'authorities' react.

If I were Nathan Redmond, I'd be braced for a fine and possibly a ban.

Online Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #371 on: December 22, 2020, 06:20:17 pm »
Who's pushing players to use them? I've not seen anything or anyone where I am that is even encouraging, let alone pushing, youth players to use those.

In thinking about it I'm probably overstating it though I wish I wasn't.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: December 22, 2020, 11:03:54 pm »
Nuno asked to explain his comments by the FA (which is code for a ban is upcoming), even though I think he explained them pretty well at the time!

Lee Mason I’m sure not asked to explain his performance.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: December 23, 2020, 11:00:41 am »
Nuno asked to explain his comments by the FA (which is code for a ban is upcoming), even though I think he explained them pretty well at the time!

Lee Mason I’m sure not asked to explain his performance.
Absolute joke isn't it - he was perfectly clear in what he said. There's no real spinning it or room for misinterpretation on this one. He'll get the book thrown at him and there will be no much needed introspection on the quality of refereeing or the way in which referees are protected beyond reason.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #374 on: December 23, 2020, 05:19:32 pm »
I see Nuno is standing his ground..
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline jack witham

• Anny Roader
« Reply #375 on: December 23, 2020, 05:29:16 pm »
This is what annoys me with the Premier league.

If a manager criticises a referee he is dragged up to explain his comments.

If a referee makes a decision that is disputed he does not have to explain why.

They are totally unaccountable for their actions which is what pisses people off.

Until this is sorted people will not respect them.

Well in to Nuno for standing his ground.
Form is temporary,Class is permanent.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: December 23, 2020, 06:01:14 pm »
This is what annoys me with the Premier league.

If a manager criticises a referee he is dragged up to explain his comments.

If a referee makes a decision that is disputed he does not have to explain why.

They are totally unaccountable for their actions which is what pisses people off.

Until this is sorted people will not respect them.

Well in to Nuno for standing his ground.

Gives the rest of them the opportunity to agree with him,they just need to widen the net to include the lot of the attention addicts.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: December 29, 2020, 08:23:09 pm »
Well, well, well..

Man Utd v Wolves....and who is Refereeing?

Lee Mason, Nuno's bezzie...  :lmao

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: December 29, 2020, 09:01:36 pm »
Well, well, well..

Wasn’t it Lee Mason that is Nuno’s bezzie?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #379 on: December 29, 2020, 09:03:01 pm »
Well, well, well..

Wasn’t it Lee Mason that is Nuno’s bezzie?

Think you’ll find it was actually Lee Mason lads
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #380 on: December 29, 2020, 10:07:51 pm »
Boring shit.

Hate that it was against Man Utd, but can't feel sorry for a team that is set up to play like that.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: December 29, 2020, 10:12:56 pm »
Dont forget United had 30 hours rest over them.

The flip side is Villa have that advantage on United for Friday.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: December 29, 2020, 10:29:39 pm »
Boring shit.

Hate that it was against Man Utd, but can't feel sorry for a team that is set up to play like that.

They've been boring for two years now.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #383 on: December 29, 2020, 10:59:57 pm »
They just need a goal scorer with Jimenez out.  Hopefully for our sakes they think it’s Divock.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #384 on: December 29, 2020, 11:12:57 pm »
I genuinely think Origi would score lots for them.
Divock is not a good fit for our style of play but I reckon he could be quite good for the counter attacking style they play.

Hope they can loan us a CB (any CB!) and take Divock.....Loan Swap? :)
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #385 on: December 29, 2020, 11:18:52 pm »
Not a revelatory observation, but they don't look the same side without Jimenez..he was/is a real talisman for them and his horrible injury has knocked them badly..felt for them tonight, they deserved a point from that game...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: December 30, 2020, 12:13:24 am »
I genuinely think Origi would score lots for them.
Divock is not a good fit for our style of play but I reckon he could be quite good for the counter attacking style they play.

Hope they can loan us a CB (any CB!) and take Divock.....Loan Swap? :)

Saiss for Div, please!

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #387 on: December 30, 2020, 03:45:34 am »
Saiss for Div, please!
Saiss you!

(Neto, I'd go for)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #388 on: December 30, 2020, 04:10:19 am »
Neto looks absolute quality and still only 20. Saiss is quality and would do a great job at centre back for us.

Can Wolves become our new Southampton please.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: December 30, 2020, 08:39:52 am »
Good to see Hoever start eh?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: December 30, 2020, 08:40:39 am »
Neto looks absolute quality and still only 20. Saiss is quality and would do a great job at centre back for us.

Can Wolves become our new Southampton please.
Neto has looked the real deal for some time now - absolutely agree we should be keeping an eye on him. Saiss is interesting, we were oddly linked to him when they were bossing the Championship and he’s been inconsistent an injury prone which has stopped him stringing games together; he’s been excellent this season though. At 30 we probably wouldn’t look at him, though his contract is up in the summer. That’s caveated by the fact there’s an extra year option, presumably on Wolves’ side.

I actually came in to ask why on Earth Lee Mason was refereeing their game given the investigation into Nuno’s comment about about him is still ongoing? Ludicrous.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #391 on: December 30, 2020, 09:03:13 am »
I’m not sure if it’s worse on Lee Mason to constantly be mistaken for Jon Moss, of vice versa. Or that they should both be embarrassed that they’ve essentially morphed into one fat, useless, unfit twat of a referee that they can’t even be separated
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: December 30, 2020, 09:07:19 am »
I’m not sure if it’s worse on Lee Mason to constantly be mistaken for Jon Moss, of vice versa. Or that they should both be embarrassed that they’ve essentially morphed into one fat, useless, unfit twat of a referee that they can’t even be separated
Was it Jon Moss?  ;D You've essentially hit the nail on the head, I flicked onto the game for about 20 seconds and turned off in disgust as they scored that spawny winner.

Both shite either way - previous statement retracted though.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: December 30, 2020, 04:59:38 pm »

Was it Moss..lol

I started this about Mason.

Brothers from different mothers then... ;D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #394 on: December 30, 2020, 05:03:15 pm »

I get similarly confused between the two fat, stumpy Tory twats Francois and Bridgen. Has homo sapiens regressed into a new degenerative species, perchance?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #395 on: December 30, 2020, 05:33:20 pm »
A rolling Moss gathers no end of stones. The fat bastard.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: December 31, 2020, 04:47:30 pm »
Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo has been charged by the Football Association for his recent criticism of referee Lee Mason.

Nuno said after Wolves' 2-1 defeat at Burnley on 21 December that Mason "is not good enough" to officiate at the top level.

The Portuguese manager subsequently refused to apologise for his comments.

The FA allege his comments "constitute improper conduct" as they were "personally offensive" to Mason.

Nuno has until Tuesday, 5 January to respond to the charge.

Before the charge was announced, Nuno said he regretted the "timing" of his criticism but that he would "never question the integrity" of an official and was making a comment on the "ability" of the referee.

Under current FA regulations, post-match comments that criticise the performance or competence of a match official are permitted unless they imply bias, attack the official's integrity, are personally offensive, are prolonged, or are particularly unreasonable.

Offline BJ

• IT'S POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #397 on: December 31, 2020, 05:22:59 pm »
The catch all word “unreasonable” - who gets to decide?  It’s like throwing “hate speech” at an opinion you disagree with. 

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: January 6, 2021, 08:19:52 pm »
Nuno fined £25,000 for his comments on Lee Mason’s competence and performance after the Wolves v Burnley game.

He admitted the comments constituted improper conduct but also doubled down by saying he still believed them to be true and refused to apologise.

Top lad. Basically saying yes I accept the punishment but I also wish to reiterate the comments for which I was punished.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: January 6, 2021, 08:22:14 pm »
Nuno fined £25,000 for his comments on Lee Mason’s competence and performance after the Wolves v Burnley game.

He admitted the comments constituted improper conduct but also doubled down by saying he still believed them to be true and refused to apologise.

Top lad. Basically saying yes I accept the punishment but I also wish to reiterate the comments for which I was punished.

Meanwhile Lee Mason and his ilk can carry on being incompetent without any challenge. Nice.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.