Author Topic: The Decisions, Decisions Draft - Derby Day Edition - Discussion & Sign Up Thread  (Read 25013 times)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Sorry for being a bit dense here but does your local player have to have played in the derby or just being from the city will suffice?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Sorry for being a bit dense here but does your local player have to have played in the derby or just being from the city will suffice?

Needs to have played in the corresponding derby.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Needs to have played in the corresponding derby.

Cheers.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wut?

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Heading out for 5 hours... sent my picks if it comes around again to BB and Mikey --- Yoda and Luke Skywalker of drafting.

Take care Rawkites.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Mascherano has already been picked.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah Mascherano is taken, and sealed your own fate with Ramos there :D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Worst double-pick in RAWK draft history?  Someone who's already been taken and Sergio fucking Ramos.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
Worst double-pick in RAWK draft history?  Someone who's already been taken and Sergio fucking Ramos.

That’s my fault. I hadn’t listed my last two picks on the first post.
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Someone needs to update the selection thread or else I'm blind, I'll change it now.

Ramos is a true footballing gentleman, a player from yesteryear who truly embodies the spirit of the game.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Someone needs to update the selection thread or else I'm blind, I'll change it now.

Ramos is a true footballing gentleman, a player from yesteryear who truly embodies the spirit of the game.

You heathen!  ;D

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You heathen!  ;D

It's also said the phrase a gentleman's game played by thugs was penned in his honour. Much needed needle added to my side there though.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
RIP team Flash.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• Legacy Fan
And there goes Davids :(

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne

Makes me feel better about Vidic...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 09:01:58 pm by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
And there goes Davids :(

Was a bit of a sneaky one, completely forgot he played for Spurs.  Him and Souness is a fun midfield.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Hey guys. I've been having great fun with the draft, but I'm really sorry that I'm going to have to leave my team unfinished. I'm up to my eyeballs in work and shouldn't have taken it on really. Got a bit too sucked in today to be honest and lost ground on some major work I need to finish by Monday :-\  Silly me for being unable to resist the allure of drafting! If anyone wants to take over, I can send a few ideas for the last picks over to them. But otherwise I'm going cold turkey and signing off RAWK for a few days. I'll be back for the never never draft  ;)  Good luck all. Sorry for not managing to finish this. Would really have loved to. Had wicked plans for the rest of my team too.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Hey guys. I've been having great fun with the draft, but I'm really sorry that I'm going to have to leave my team unfinished. I'm up to my eyeballs in work and shouldn't have taken it on really. Got a bit too sucked in today to be honest and lost ground on some major work I need to finish by Monday :-\  Silly me for being unable to resist the allure of drafting! If anyone wants to take over, I can send a few ideas for the last picks over to them. But otherwise I'm going cold turkey and signing off RAWK for a few days. I'll be back for the never never draft  ;)  Good luck all. Sorry for not managing to finish this. Would really have loved to. Had wicked plans for the rest of my team too.

No worries work comes first.

Do we know anyone wanting to join / takeover? Might try the main draft thread.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
CBs are like gold dust here. No choice but to get another.

• Legacy Fan
Thats a good pick, there is a top class CB that no one has remembered and I chose Godin ahead of him. There is one more but not many of you have heard of him despite captaining a legendary side to a European Cup ;)

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
I mistakenly sent Betty a PM. Do I send one to PiM?

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Since BettyBlue has opted out, do we have any replacement? If we don't have anyone as of now, is it okay if I post my pick?

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Since BettyBlue has opted out, do we have any replacement? If we don't have anyone as of now, is it okay if I post my pick?

Yeah I guess so

• Legacy Fan
Steve has had about an hour since PiM's pick, so I am going to go ahead and make my pick  before I go into my meeting.

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
Give me a moment. Was out till now.  Sorry.

• Legacy Fan
Give me a moment. Was out till now.  Sorry.

No worries go ahead

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
No worries go ahead

Sorry for changing my pick. Had a couple of players shortlisted. Panicked after seeing Bale ineligible and hit send on the wrong tab.

• Legacy Fan
It's all good mate

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Its Viva time!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
You can get deFucked for picking Rui Costa, deFacto.

• Legacy Fan
You can get deFucked for picking Rui Costa, deFacto.

Don't give the mods new ideas for a username change   ;D ;D

Now we're even, since you picked my favorite player of all time right away [Ronaldo]  :(

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Seen you guys are having trouble replacing me and I don't want to affect the draft, so I'm going to try to pop on and catch up with picks as and when I can. Doing one now and another when I get a chance. Just keep skipping me when it's my turn though. Missed a few players I needed already, so may need some help in the later rounds!

• Legacy Fan
Seen you guys are having trouble replacing me and I don't want to affect the draft, so I'm going to try to pop on and catch up with picks as and when I can. Doing one now and another when I get a chance. Just keep skipping me when it's my turn though. Missed a few players I needed already, so may need some help in the later rounds!

You're Yoda, you can do it.  :D

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan

Thanks for this. Any help you need let us know!

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
There's a few people who don't have the local pick or the played for both teams pick yet, that's gonna be tough going towards the end of the rounds.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Again lads skip me twice if it makes it back around to my pick unless I let ye know I'm around to make a selection. Will pick when I get in later on tonight  :)

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Theses are the criteria ticked off by each person. Only Betty needs both.

FlashGordon: (Birth place) (Both clubs)
Tubby: (Both sides) (Birth Place)
Sheer: (Birth Place) (Both sides)
Lastador: (Birth Place) (Both sides)
Gerry: (Birth place) (Both sides)
Trend: (Both sides)
Vivabobbygraham: (Both sides)
Defacto: (Birth place) (Both sides)
JSteve: (Birth Place) (Both Sides)
Blue/Titi: (Birth Place) (Both Sides)
PoetryInMotion: (Birth Place)
Mikey_LFC: (Birth Place) (Both sides)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 12:19:21 pm by mikey_LFC »

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
There's a few people who don't have the local pick or the played for both teams pick yet, that's gonna be tough going towards the end of the rounds.

Yep, hence why I’ve got it out the way now. Not easy to find guys that satisfy that criteria.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Again lads skip me twice if it makes it back around to my pick unless I let ye know I'm around to make a selection. Will pick when I get in later on tonight  :)

PM'd Flash, will give it an hour or so and pick if he doesn't turn up.