Author Topic: CL: SSC Napoli 1 vs Liverpool 0 ‘90 Isigne  (Read 41032 times)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CL: SSC Napoli 1 vs Liverpool 0 ‘90 Isigne
« Reply #160 on: October 3, 2018, 09:59:48 pm »
They deserved that. We were awful.

My only worry this season was lack of goals from midfield. I hope it doesn't cost us.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #161 on: October 3, 2018, 09:59:49 pm »
We were absolute garbage today. Most toothless we have been in a long long while. No shots on target. 3 shots total. Our midfield is too easy to play against I am afraid. With Keita's injury, we'll need something different to get going against City because if we are half as bad as this on Sunday, we'll get murdered.

Offline EPortJake

• Main Stander
« Reply #162 on: October 3, 2018, 09:59:54 pm »
Can't remember us playing worse than that under Klopp. Looked like it was the first time they had played together. VVD and Allison were OK.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: October 3, 2018, 09:59:56 pm »
0-1. Disappointing result and disappointing performance. Was hoping we could get a point, but it wasn't to be tonight. Napoli were the better side. Not by much, but they were. We need to forget this and focus on the weekend where we have to play better.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #164 on: October 3, 2018, 10:00:22 pm »
What is the point of having a good squad when we don't trust or use them?? Players look tired as hell. Substitution comes way too late, when we are already getting dominated (so something obviously not working). I love Klopp but do think he is wrong in his player picking and sub today. Worst game from us this calendar year I think. Sadly, I also do fear we might get a thrashing with those tired legs this weekend by City.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline andyw79

• Kopite
« Reply #165 on: October 3, 2018, 10:00:27 pm »
What's happened to us over the summer!
Yeah, agree with most in here, got wat we deserved, our front 3 are firing blanks at the moment, mane had a good start but last 3 games have been very poor! Think shaqiri and sturridge deserve more minutes with the way things have been going

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: October 3, 2018, 10:00:28 pm »
In the end Napoli played better and deserved their 3 points. It's another learning experience for our guys, particularly Trent and Robertson who I thought didn't have very good games. Also thought Hendo and Sarah had a poor game and Milner never really got into it either. Oh well, will be interesting to see who we pick for Man City.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: October 3, 2018, 10:00:32 pm »
Worst performance since Swansea in January.

Really really turgid stuff. Could have taken positives out of a 0-0, but to concede like that, play like that, and in the process we also lost Keita, no positives what so ever about tonight.

Going into the City match with very little confidence.

Poor attitude and effort

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #168 on: October 3, 2018, 10:00:32 pm »
Thought it was going to be a hard fought draw. That goal hurts. Last minute is such a stinker. But it was coming.

Onto Sunday.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #169 on: October 3, 2018, 10:00:34 pm »
Feel sick what a time to let one in. You got to say that the home side deserved it as we were toothless and did not deserve anything from the game. The good thing is that we have Red Star home and away next so we should be able to gain points in them games while PSG play them. We go agaiin for the city game Sunday.

Offline chemeddy

• Main Stander
« Reply #170 on: October 3, 2018, 10:00:35 pm »
Very sloppy performance. We look very tired and slow. Really deserved to lose the game. Only the 2 centre-halves and maybe Alisson deserved any credit.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: October 3, 2018, 10:00:36 pm »
Fuck me , we really need 6 from 6 on our next 2 games. Hopefully PSG and Napoli dont exchange wins, the ideal scenario is one of them pulling away.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: October 3, 2018, 10:00:40 pm »
Well played Napoli, deserved victory.

Also, stop breaking the forum by moaning you twats.

:D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: October 3, 2018, 10:00:53 pm »
You know, I genuinely don't think I have a single positive thing to say about that game. Nada. Zilch.

Been awhile since I watched a game and felt I'd wasted 2 hours of my life.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 3, 2018, 10:00:58 pm »
Probably deserved that. Poor all night. Need to get out shit together and fast!!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: October 3, 2018, 10:01:03 pm »
Worst we've played in a long long time, tbf though that is a hard away game, but to not even have a shot on goal is a bit of a kick in the bollocks.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 3, 2018, 10:01:03 pm »
As soon as we're pressed high we're awful. Don't know if it's the midfield that's responsible but it's scary how much we struggle to play through a high press.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #177 on: October 3, 2018, 10:01:07 pm »
What was concerning was how our fullbacks - especially Trent was outplayed all night. Easily skinned, easily caught out of position, easily dribbled past, easily one-two'd.
Against both Chelsea games it was the same with both- caught out of position multiple times, skinned multiple times and 3 times since the league cup game has that caused us now.

Really concerning..
« Last Edit: October 3, 2018, 10:03:37 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Eliit

• Kopite
« Reply #178 on: October 3, 2018, 10:01:18 pm »
Totally outclassed, especially in the second half. Fair play to Napoli, we didn't seem to have any idea how to counter their tactics.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #179 on: October 3, 2018, 10:01:20 pm »
Didn’t deserve to win that. Poorest we’ve played in a long time. Nothing clicked from the first minute to the last, it was a miracle we lasted as long as we did. The pitch looked absolutely dreadful which I don’t think helped.

Still a long way to go in the group. If we can see off Red Star over both games, which we should, then I’d back us to beat this lot at home. We won’t play that bad again and even tonight they only managed one.

Biggest disappointments are the Keita and the fact that the group is more likely to go down to the wire now. No room for resting.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: October 3, 2018, 10:01:23 pm »
In these big games, and it was a massive one for Napoli, we have to win the right to play our football. That’s down to winning the scrappy phase of the game. Napoli won it. Then they built on it and let their football do the talking. It was a great display from them.

We’re going to go to a lot of places where we’ll need to do that. Champions have to have that quality. I think this team will have it, just lost out in the dying breaths of the game.

On to the next one lads.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #181 on: October 3, 2018, 10:01:32 pm »
There was only one team who wanted to win that. We were poor and had no shots on target. We didn’t even deserve a point from that.

Hopefully we’ll be a different team on Sunday. Move on and forget about this.

Safe travels home to all the fans out there.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: October 3, 2018, 10:01:37 pm »
0-1. Disappointing result and disappointing performance. Was hoping we could get a point, but it wasn't to be tonight. Napoli were the better side. Not by much, but they were. We need to forget this and focus on the weekend where we have to play better.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #183 on: October 3, 2018, 10:01:47 pm »
Fuck me , we really need 6 from 6 on our next 2 games. Hopefully PSG and Napoli dont exchange wins, the ideal scenario is one of them pulling away.
It’s not quite as dramatic as you’re making out. We’re not in a particularly bad position.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: October 3, 2018, 10:01:49 pm »
1 crap game this season, nothing to panic about. knew this run of games would catch up with us.

lets vent our frustrations out on the manc plastics.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: October 3, 2018, 10:01:51 pm »
We won't play like this against City though. Also, stop breaking the forum by moaning you twats.

You normally only see that screen at 2:05am, now it's been happening multiple times two Wednesdays in a row! ;D

There's no need to panic, though, we'll be fine.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #186 on: October 3, 2018, 10:01:55 pm »
Alexander-Arnold, Salah and Mane were nothing short of woeful. People will argue that Mane at least looks to get on the ball, but if you don't pass it, why bother?

Alexander-Arnold's form's becoming a massive worry for me.
AHA!

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: October 3, 2018, 10:01:59 pm »
Jeepers creepers. Well that was a crap performance.

Anybody want to drown their sorrows with me at a Neapolitan bunga bunga party?
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: October 3, 2018, 10:02:05 pm »
Deserved loss

Can't help but question the decision to play the front 3 for near enough the full 90, they were as flat as I've ever seen them.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: October 3, 2018, 10:02:05 pm »
TAA was woeful. Has to be a case for starting Clyne on Saturday. Front three need to sort themselves out too.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: October 3, 2018, 10:02:08 pm »
We were terrible from start to end, could have been 3-4 goals for Napoli. We played different than our identity and played for a draw and sit back. We should’ve gone for 3 points instead.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: October 3, 2018, 10:02:08 pm »
Pointless performance from us. Were we playing for a draw or trying to win? Couldn't work it out.

Front 3 need to get their act together.

Strange that Gini never seems to get the Henderson treatment despite being a totally different player away from home.

Gomez and van Dijk excellent. Alisson also good, their shot that came off the bar was actually a brilliant save from him.

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #192 on: October 3, 2018, 10:02:29 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YjnkV_tsjn0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YjnkV_tsjn0</a>
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: October 3, 2018, 10:02:29 pm »
We look knackered unsurprisingly, which is a worry with the biggest game of the season so far on Sunday. Only so long our defence has keep bailing out the front 3 who were nowhere again.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: October 3, 2018, 10:02:32 pm »
I can handle a rare poor performance. No complaints about the result. Roll on Sunday

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: October 3, 2018, 10:02:36 pm »
Got what we deserved. We can recover from the result, beat Red Star twice and we’re back in control.

We looked tired tonight which is the bigger worry with the City game to come this weekend. For some reason we’ve gone from rotating heavily early last season to hardly rotating this season. Seems strange considering we’ve a better squad.

Offline sikingthegreat1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #196 on: October 3, 2018, 10:02:44 pm »
horrible performance from us..... haven't seen us do this badly for quite a while

it's worrying that we've still got man city up next before the international break.

our full backs need some rest. today both of them were below their average performance, especially TAA, been so wasteful on the ball.

salah's lack of sharpness is very concerning too.... getting into october now, front three all out of form just isn't sustainable :'( :'(

Online Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: October 3, 2018, 10:02:46 pm »
Napoli played very well, and neutralised any threat we might have mustered. Deserved win for them.

I am concerned - we haven't really been playing well all season, but the results have come. That's stopped now.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 3, 2018, 10:02:47 pm »
Dreadful. No threat going forward at all. The complete opposite of last season where even if we played shite we could kill on the break.

Gini and Milner's level has really dropped. Probably starting to tire as we head into the last of this big 7 game stretch.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: October 3, 2018, 10:02:57 pm »

We're two points ahead of PSG and our next two CL games are against the weakest team in the group, with the first at home. We'll be fine.

edit - Yes, yes, I was looking at the live table on the BBC, my point that we'll be fine still stands.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2018, 10:06:33 pm by sms1986 »