Author Topic: PL: Chelsea 1 vs Liverpool 1 ‘25 Hazard ‘88 Humungous D (absolute banger)  (Read 46165 times)

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Re: PL: Chelsea 1 vs Liverpool 1 ‘25 Hazard ‘88 Humungous D (absolute banger)
« Reply #440 on: September 29, 2018, 08:39:37 pm »
c*nt club. c*nt fans. There is nothing good I could say about Chelsea. A group of c*nts put together.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #441 on: September 29, 2018, 08:39:41 pm »
I thought the same when it showed Hazard's knees but is it not counter-intuitive?  Chelsea move the ball around like pinball and genuinely play from the back.  Having a slow, dry pitch and trying to play out against the best pressing team in the league doesn't seem sensible.
True... but it affects us far more than them....

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: September 29, 2018, 08:40:13 pm »
I thought the same when it showed Hazard's knees but is it not counter-intuitive?  Chelsea move the ball around like pinball and genuinely play from the back.  Having a slow, dry pitch and trying to play out against the best pressing team in the league doesn't seem sensible.

The injuries were from his goal celebration at Anfield.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #443 on: September 29, 2018, 08:41:23 pm »
Mane has played too many minutes. I dont know how he played the full 90. Im hoping he's on the bench at Napoli give him a break before City next week.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #444 on: September 29, 2018, 08:41:50 pm »
Fowler, Owen, Gerrard, Torres, Kuyt, Rush, Barnes, McManaman, Heighway, Joe Cole, Liddell, Dalglish, Hunt, Keegan, St John, Suarez... I'm struggling.

Joe Cole? 5 maybe but not 50!
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #446 on: September 29, 2018, 08:44:18 pm »
Fowler, Owen, Gerrard, Torres, Kuyt, Rush, Barnes, McManaman, Heighway, Joe Cole, Liddell, Dalglish, Hunt, Keegan, St John, Suarez... I'm struggling.

Harry Chambers, Gordon Hodgeson, John Aldridge, Raybould, Stubbins, Heskey.
Y.N.W.A.

Online The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: September 29, 2018, 08:45:03 pm »
Was it just me who thought the pitch was quite dry and slow again...

See the friction burns Hazard got on his knees...  that shouldn’t happen on a properly prepared pitch..

A deliberate tactic?  Anyone know if the pitch was watered before kick off.

Apparently they were from the knee slide celebration after he'd scored his wonder goal at Anfield..said he wasn't going to do it again.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Skrtelonparole

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: September 29, 2018, 08:45:07 pm »
Caley's model says Chelsea were 1.8 to us on 1.5 xG. Not a lot in it, but I think it's probably due to us missing final passes at important times. We had more shots on target, and more shots in all, and we had clearcut chances a few times, but were they more than what they created in terms of quality? Not sure. Alisson bailed us out on one-on-ones twice, first from Willian and second from Hazard and Alonso missed a header towards the end, so it seemed more or less even from me. Possession wise, we were good, because the first half was all about disrupting each others play, but the second half they went deep, we were patient and hence we had a lot of the ball.

This is excellent.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: September 29, 2018, 08:45:27 pm »
Joe Cole? 5 maybe but not 50!

He was joking. ;D

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #451 on: September 29, 2018, 08:47:17 pm »
Weird game. I know Chelsea had a couple of chances but so did we and they couldn't pull away from us despite playing their best football for 18 months and ourselves playing pretty average on the whole - Even though the level of football was of a high quality.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: September 29, 2018, 08:47:30 pm »
@DesKellyBTS
Later in the tunnel, Eden Hazard tells Daniel Sturridge:
“Great goal.... just make sure you do it again next weekend! “
Liverpool play Man City next Sunday. @hazardeden10 @DanielSturridge @ChelseaFC @LFC @ManCity #CHELIV

nice of him to give Studge a Nike gift after the match.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #453 on: September 29, 2018, 08:48:54 pm »
Good post especially about the midfield creating space. Shame we didn't get Fekir or an alternative as I think we would be demolishing teams with a penetrative player at the top of the midfleid.

But Fekir might not be getting match time yet.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: September 29, 2018, 08:54:43 pm »

Chap above the pitch invader trying hard to conceal his joy.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #456 on: September 29, 2018, 08:55:03 pm »
Lots of thoughts here. First the positives. From 7 league games Liverpool have played 4 away (Spurs, Chelsea, Palace and Leicester), teams in 3rd, 4th, 7th and 12th and also teams Liverpool have traditionally struggled to play away in. Result, 10 points from 12, which is superb. The manner in which liverpool got results away is also superb, particularly today, the battle and figth to get the points there was magnificent.

Also, Klopp has bought incredibly well; Alisson and VVD were wonderful today, one held the defence together when it was creaking, the other kept Cherlsea out 1 on 1 more than once. A far cry from Mignolet and Lovren fucking up over the years. The other thing to be pleased with is the likes of Gomez and Alexander-Arnold performing as they are performing, youth being rewarded and in return giving so much back to the club.

However, there are two things I am struggling to agree with at the moment. One is Henderson. Now, the mere mention of Henderson usually divides the forum into two halves; those that defend him for a variety of reasons and those that dislike him and criticize him for a variety of reasons. I want to be clear, I think Henderson is a decent player and has lots of playing time for games where Liverpool need to rest key individuals and where his limitations won't inhibit the side. To explain what those limitations are as I see them, I want to compare him to Keita. There is no part of Henderson's game that Keita cannot replicate. However, Henderson cannot turn, carry and pass the ball forward like Keita can.

Last season Coutinho, before he left at Christmas and Chmberlain in particular, carried that forward running and passing threat from the top of the midfield three. This also released the front three to move into space, switch position and generally open up backlines with movement, but also, crucially, without needing to beat players with the ball. This season Shaquiri and Keita have brought that to the midfield. When you start Milner, Wijnaldum and Henderson, noen of the three can do that as effectively and the front three suffer from having to first beat a man before moving into space. The front three are already not quite clicking, it doesn't do to put more pressure on them.

The difference the introduction of Keita, Shaquiri and Sturridge was impactful. They deserve better reward and more time on the pitch when the other alternatives aren't quite performing to the highest standard, both resting and reminding them of how competitive it is at the top.

Finally, a word on Sturridge. I love Sturridge. His is a ridiculous talent. That goal today makes him joint top goal scorer, with far less pitch time this season. That is no accident. If ever a player deserved more starts its Sturridge.

Quality post DW!
Fully agree.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #457 on: September 29, 2018, 08:56:13 pm »
Lots of thoughts here. First the positives. From 7 league games Liverpool have played 4 away (Spurs, Chelsea, Palace and Leicester), teams in 3rd, 4th, 7th and 12th and also teams Liverpool have traditionally struggled to play away in. Result, 10 points from 12, which is superb. The manner in which liverpool got results away is also superb, particularly today, the battle and figth to get the points there was magnificent.

Also, Klopp has bought incredibly well; Alisson and VVD were wonderful today, one held the defence together when it was creaking, the other kept Cherlsea out 1 on 1 more than once. A far cry from Mignolet and Lovren fucking up over the years. The other thing to be pleased with is the likes of Gomez and Alexander-Arnold performing as they are performing, youth being rewarded and in return giving so much back to the club.

However, there are two things I am struggling to agree with at the moment. One is Henderson. Now, the mere mention of Henderson usually divides the forum into two halves; those that defend him for a variety of reasons and those that dislike him and criticize him for a variety of reasons. I want to be clear, I think Henderson is a decent player and has lots of playing time for games where Liverpool need to rest key individuals and where his limitations won't inhibit the side. To explain what those limitations are as I see them, I want to compare him to Keita. There is no part of Henderson's game that Keita cannot replicate. However, Henderson cannot turn, carry and pass the ball forward like Keita can.

Last season Coutinho, before he left at Christmas and Chmberlain in particular, carried that forward running and passing threat from the top of the midfield three. This also released the front three to move into space, switch position and generally open up backlines with movement, but also, crucially, without needing to beat players with the ball. This season Shaquiri and Keita have brought that to the midfield. When you start Milner, Wijnaldum and Henderson, noen of the three can do that as effectively and the front three suffer from having to first beat a man before moving into space. The front three are already not quite clicking, it doesn't do to put more pressure on them.

The difference the introduction of Keita, Shaquiri and Sturridge was impactful. They deserve better reward and more time on the pitch when the other alternatives aren't quite performing to the highest standard, both resting and reminding them of how competitive it is at the top.

Finally, a word on Sturridge. I love Sturridge. His is a ridiculous talent. That goal today makes him joint top goal scorer, with far less pitch time this season. That is no accident. If ever a player deserved more starts its Sturridge.   

I understand why Klopp started Henderson. He is full of running and effort. Away from home, where you expect Chelsea to attack I think he helps keep things tight in Midfield. However once we go a goal down then maybe that change could have been made sooner. But I would imagine he starts against City.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #458 on: September 29, 2018, 09:04:22 pm »
I’d say that was the best quality Premiership game of the season thus far.

We created more chances than them - the Shaqiri miss being the most blatant. But Alisson baled us out twice when we got caught on the counter, so overall I’d say the game was more even than some posters suggest.

Their midfield is top quality. Ours is functional, well organised and has tremendous legs, but we definitely miss creativity with that particular lineup. I think Klopp figures at the moment that we need a solid shape without the ball, and can create enough to gain a win. Problem there is the front three, though full of energy and pace, isn’t functioning. In the other games this season we’ve also misfired, but have had enough to win.

Hendo wears his heart on his sleeve and was visibly irked at getting hooked. Mo looked forlorn. I’m not sure which is more understandable. One thing I am certain of, is that we have several gears to go up, particularly when Keita is up to speed. I don’t believe that of Chelsea.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: September 29, 2018, 09:06:24 pm »
Titanic edition is excellent ;D

https://twitter.com/PrimeWxzza/status/1046104463419822081

Love the comments on that.

"You're supposed to be a United fan."

"Sturridge scored a great goal.  Nothing to do with United ya nonce."

"Titanic makes everything better." ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #460 on: September 29, 2018, 09:08:37 pm »
Oh Christ, don’t apologise... that’s the best angle to see the goal...

You can see the dip really well.

And the best angle to see the faces of Chelsea fans once it goes in.

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #461 on: September 29, 2018, 09:11:10 pm »
Thought Keita showed when he came on he can add another dimension to our play. The three midfield starters also did well though. For all the talk about his loss of form, Salah actually played well in the first half. Van Dijk and Alisson were both great.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 09:13:40 pm by Bjornar »

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #462 on: September 29, 2018, 09:11:44 pm »
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #463 on: September 29, 2018, 09:12:27 pm »
Thought Keita showed when he came on he can add a dimension to our play. The three midfield starters also did well though.

Salah played well in the first half.

Yep his best game for us so far, a cameo but still, Wini/Milner/Kieta is our best 3 right now.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #464 on: September 29, 2018, 09:13:51 pm »
Still dislike them, but Sarri seems alright so far and Zola is a likeable guy. Saying that I didn't mind Conte at all

A lot of their fans are a vile lot and their funding and loan deal are suspect and not ideal in footballing terms, but they've had a few decent managers in Ancelotti, Conte and Sarri in terms of characters.

Mourinho was the one who made them truly unlikable in all aspects.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #465 on: September 29, 2018, 09:15:21 pm »
Juve just beat Napoli 3-1
Y.N.W.A.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: September 29, 2018, 09:17:36 pm »

they are going to be on edge then when they play us.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: September 29, 2018, 09:18:07 pm »

Preparing them for us! ;D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupι Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #468 on: September 29, 2018, 09:19:38 pm »
Looks like Eden did a bit of shopping after the game.

Looks like hes giving Danny a sponsored goodie bag.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: September 29, 2018, 09:21:26 pm »
I hope not , we had a corner around the 59th minute  , it was about to be taken and Henderson ran over and starting pointing and instructing for it to be taken short we lost possession and were very nearly punished as everyone was out of position and struggling to get back , the reason why i am mentioning this is because as captain on the pitch he is making the wrong decisions and holding the team back , the majority of his passes where back or sideways when one or two long passes went forward they were shockers and every time someone around him got the ball he pointed at them to play it back instead of driving forward. He was danced around a fair bit again today where he pressed but never made the tackle and his man just turned him and played a one two and left him badly out of position. In the gmae during the week when we were chasing at the end , he had a simple ball to play Sturridge in and hit it wide , then the free kick Shaq got a bollocking over was a waste as well.As captain he needs to be calm in them positions and create the chances. He is decent lad but if we want to win titles we need to be ruthless and the bottom line is he is stifling our forward play.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: September 29, 2018, 09:22:17 pm »
Yep his best game for us so far, a cameo but still, Wini/Milner/Kieta is our best 3 right now.
100 %

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: September 29, 2018, 09:22:58 pm »
A lot of their fans are a vile lot and their funding and loan deal are suspect and not ideal in footballing terms, but they've had a few decent managers in Ancelotti, Conte and Sarri in terms of characters.

And don't forget Rafa. :D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: September 29, 2018, 09:26:00 pm »

I'd say that was the fans.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #473 on: September 29, 2018, 09:28:59 pm »
I am not going to lie but I like the Chelsea manager. Seems a very decent man. Loved the hug with Klopp at the end. Just a nice show of sportsmanship and  respect. Was a nice moment. Hate playing Chelsea though.

Danny is the definition of footballing efficiency. Scores with his first touch against WHU and then again today. One touch one goal.

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: September 29, 2018, 09:29:21 pm »

Disappointing not to get the 3 points but it was a great point in the end, Chelsea are a really good team. Not as good as us like.  ;D It's nice not to feel full-on panic every time we concede corners, particularly late ones deep in to injury time.

Btw anyone else notice Luiz thwack Firmino across the throat to prevent him reaching the ball that went out for our first corner, around the 17min mark ? Bobby was never going to reach the ball anyway but regardless, without the benefit of seeing a replay it looked a pen to me at the time.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #475 on: September 29, 2018, 09:29:46 pm »
And don't forget Rafa. :D

Ha ha. How did I forget him. Probably because he didn't spend a full season with them and also it never feels he belonged with them. He's ours anyway  :D

Offline Los back. Thanks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: September 29, 2018, 09:30:20 pm »
I'd say that was the fans.

Abramovich for me, beautiful strike from Danny. Was so much more invested in this game, chuffed

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: September 29, 2018, 09:32:37 pm »
Abramovich for me, beautiful strike from Danny. Was so much more invested in this game, chuffed

They were c*nts long before that twat rocked up,started signing £50 notes and passing them out like he was the Messiah.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: September 29, 2018, 09:33:13 pm »

Their fans have always been pricks. Didn't Ken Bates want to put up electric fences to contain them?

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #479 on: September 29, 2018, 09:34:08 pm »
Their fans have always been pricks. Didn't Ken Bates want to put up electric fences to contain them?

Chelsea headhunters were all NF scum back in the day.
Y.N.W.A.