Author Topic: Killing Eve - BBC  (Read 17430 times)

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
Re: Killing Eve - BBC
« Reply #160 on: March 18, 2022, 03:55:55 pm »
Yeah this has gone to shit. I'm speechless as what they have done with the Villanelle character, Completely ruined her. I was never a fan of Eve as she was bloody annoying but she's even worse now.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: March 18, 2022, 03:56:22 pm »
Yeah it takes something special to make me not want to carry on watching a series once it starts off well, but this managed it very easily. Watched the 1st episode of the new season and that was that. Done.

Me too. Same experience.

Not sure I watched the end of series 3 to be honest, but it's been quite disjointed for a long old while now.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #162 on: March 18, 2022, 05:02:35 pm »
Very disappointing. Who wants a low-ebb Villanelle? She could still be able to develop a conscience AND be fabulous too!

I’ll probably toil on to the end just to see what happens.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: May 3, 2022, 01:59:10 pm »
Underwhelming and predictable end. If it wasn't for Jodie would have ditched it ages ago.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #164 on: May 3, 2022, 02:57:51 pm »
Underwhelming and predictable end. If it wasn't for Jodie would have ditched it ages ago.

I thought the ending was absolutely terrible - every writer should be slapped in the face with a large haddock. They ruined Villanelle and I wanted to know more about who the "12" were. Absolute shambles of a scene that was. How can you not have sexual chemistry with Sandra Oh as well; absolute bollocks. 1/10.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: May 3, 2022, 06:03:39 pm »
I thought the ending was absolutely terrible - every writer should be slapped in the face with a large haddock. They ruined Villanelle and I wanted to know more about who the "12" were. Absolute shambles of a scene that was. How can you not have sexual chemistry with Sandra Oh as well; absolute bollocks. 1/10.
It was shite and you could spot the ending from a mile off.

Comer deserved better.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: July 18, 2022, 10:28:26 am »
Halfway through the final series and what a load of shite it has been.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #167 on: July 18, 2022, 10:55:17 am »
We put the final season on, and during the recap realised we hadn't even finished the previous season. In the end, just binned it off.

I think the biggest issue is probably the fact that each season had a different writer. The first season, led by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, was unsurprisingly brilliant. Then it was Emerald Fennell, who directed Promising Young Woman, and while it wasn't as good as the first season it was still strong. But then it changed again, and again. TV is a writer-led medium so constantly changing the main person behind the scenes is always going to be problematic.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 10:58:35 am by Barefoot Doctor »

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2022, 01:52:31 pm »
We put the final season on, and during the recap realised we hadn't even finished the previous season. In the end, just binned it off.

I think the biggest issue is probably the fact that each season had a different writer. The first season, led by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, was unsurprisingly brilliant. Then it was Emerald Fennell, who directed Promising Young Woman, and while it wasn't as good as the first season it was still strong. But then it changed again, and again. TV is a writer-led medium so constantly changing the main person behind the scenes is always going to be problematic.

The final episode was so so so so so so so so so so Bad, still pisses me off now.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias