539 (72.8%)
Don't Know
10 (1.4%)
Don't Care
15 (2%)
I don't live in the UK
97 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 740

Author Topic: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"  (Read 1471315 times)

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
Re: Brexit thread with Lefties, Tories, bloods, wastoids, Dweebs & dickheads.....?
« Reply #14200 on: February 19, 2019, 04:21:15 pm »
Nowhere is ever 100% perfect, you should be happy to settle for 99%.

Btw just for clarification I'm not Catholic...I have no religious affiliations..though if push comes to shove I've always fancied being a worshipper of the Gods of Mount Olympus.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Re: Brexit thread with Lefties, Tories, bloods, wastoids, Dweebs & dickheads.....?
« Reply #14201 on: February 19, 2019, 04:24:12 pm »
Btw just for clarification I'm not Catholic...I have no religious affiliations..though if push comes to shove I've always fancied being a worshipper of the Gods of Mount Olympus.

I'm not either, was raised one but quickly saw through the bullshit.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14202 on: February 19, 2019, 04:31:24 pm »
Now lads , I know us Flash types have side tracked the thread but don't worry we will be back to impotent Brexit fury soon..just wanted to add.....

My Dad was church of Scotland my mum Scouse Catholic...but me and my brother christened church of England..so protostant...but grew up in wholly Catholic family of cousins and auties and uncles and surroundings ....so...I'm never fully sure how I was brought up...plus..now get this my Dads from Glasgow, parents ( both harsh people) my grandmother was an Orange Lodge member and  Rangers Fan...Grandfather a Celtic fan , Communist, Union leader and part time Booky......weird!!...Think that's why I denounced all and chose LFC as my religion

« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 04:33:14 pm by FlashingBlade »

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14203 on: February 19, 2019, 04:32:26 pm »
Interestingly (or not), I resemble filopastry from this parish.  I too was brought up in NI in a Prod/Unionist family and area. I never took any interest in religion or politics for half my life.  In the past 20 years I have become increasingly an Irish Republican.  I now votail Sinn Fein in the 6 counties, and dearly want reunification and ties to Europe, and a total avoidance of the English upper classes who have fucked us over for centuries.  Unwittingly on their part we might now have that opportunity.

My biggest fear about the near inevitable border poll is that the well-heeled in Ireland do not want to have us, not that Europe won't support us, or that the English don't want rid.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14204 on: February 19, 2019, 04:33:02 pm »
^ oh it is the biggest mix up ... :D

(That’s for the two flash boys of course)

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14205 on: February 19, 2019, 04:35:39 pm »
^ oh it is the biggest mix up ... :D

(That’s for the two flash boys of course)

I remember that song!!!  Haven't heard it for 40 years, was it the Spinners?

*Edit I can't remember whether da or ma was Orange, and who was Green!

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14206 on: February 19, 2019, 04:42:15 pm »
Interestingly (or not), I resemble filopastry from this parish.  I too was brought up in NI in a Prod/Unionist family and area. I never took any interest in religion or politics for half my life.  In the past 20 years I have become increasingly an Irish Republican.  I now votail Sinn Fein in the 6 counties, and dearly want reunification and ties to Europe, and a total avoidance of the English upper classes who have fucked us over for centuries.  Unwittingly on their part we might now have that opportunity.

My biggest fear about the near inevitable border poll is that the well-heeled in Ireland do not want to have us, not that Europe won't support us, or that the English don't want rid.

I think your last paragraph hits a nail...saw documentry about Ireland while back and it ended that for some..not all or majority..in the republic ..the option for reunification does not appeal as it once did due to the 'problems ' it would cause....and they may be  the ones who have influence to dampen the issue...for those in the North who would never entertain such a notion Brexit must be a Godsend ...their  God of course!

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14207 on: February 19, 2019, 04:44:13 pm »
I remember that song!!!  Haven't heard it for 40 years, was it the Spinners?

*Edit I can't remember whether da or ma was Orange, and who was Green!

I never warmed to them unlike my Nana and Grandad in Livrrpool...harsh couple and the stories I've heard...

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14209 on: February 19, 2019, 05:54:58 pm »
;D

https://twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficial/status/687892162583855105

Bentley will probably stay, the people who buy their cars don't care what they cost. Vauxhall will move the new Astra production abroad, probably to  to Poland in 2020 and Toyota will also go.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14210 on: February 19, 2019, 06:23:57 pm »
It'll be someone else's problem by then. May will walk off in the sunset, deluded under the impression she's delivered the improbable as some sort of accomplishment

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14211 on: February 19, 2019, 10:22:36 pm »
Watching ITV News report interviewing Cafe Owner right next to Swindon Honda plant.
We built trains they went and we built Spitfires they went and we built cars, somthing always pops up,we will be fine.
They really don't fully understand what's happening.
Our government are putting obstacles that will make it far hard for our companies to trade.
They will find it hard to obtain parts, the parts will cost more, the goods they produce will face costly red tape at our ports etc. they may not be able to guarantee delivery times. the price of these goods will cost more in shops abroad.
Do they really think boardrooms around the world will even consider the UK as a good place to set up operations while trading under these conditions.
What about all these glorious trade deals? they will take decades and they may be worse than the ones we have now.
There will be no large exporting companies moving to Swindon to save the day after we leave the EU.
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14212 on: February 20, 2019, 12:51:20 am »
That Leave poster with the car logos. That can't be real, surely?
You must have missed the link - it is absolutely real, posted at the LeaveEUOfficial Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficial/status/687892162583855105

Scroll down for the updated version with the crosses.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14213 on: February 20, 2019, 11:31:51 am »
Just showing how boring I can be I was actually watching some parliamentary session yesterday whilst on holiday, where Greg Clark was answering questions on the Honda decision. He was asked by some Tory bellend to reiterate how Brexit was nothing to do with it and he responded that he had, on the record, a quote by an official telling him that future trading relationships was a factor.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #14214 on: February 20, 2019, 11:32:48 am »
'61% of Labour voters voted leave'

Telegraph journalist has just repeated this lie half a dozen times on Politics Live without being challenged once. It's sickening.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #14215 on: February 20, 2019, 12:57:51 pm »
'61% of Labour voters voted leave'

Telegraph journalist has just repeated this lie half a dozen times on Politics Live without being challenged once. It's sickening.

And they've finally issued a correction nearly an hour and half later. What's the quote about a lie making it half way around the world before the truth has got its trousers on?
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14216 on: February 20, 2019, 12:58:25 pm »
Soubry, Wollaston and Allen have left the Tory party and joined The Independent Group.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #14217 on: February 20, 2019, 01:30:45 pm »
The whole country should just ask for a time out and head off for some air in the countryside for a few weeks. Go on holiday by mistake til the future seems a bit clearer.

Twitter video from the Beeb today of why Brexit being a turd is irrelevant if 17.4 million vote for it: https://twitter.com/davemacladd/status/1098188412954312704
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14218 on: February 20, 2019, 02:44:43 pm »
Will still need substantial numbers of defections from both major parties before any meaningful 'new' party can be formed, which could be taken seriously, or have any chance of 'changing politics', but I guess it's a start.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14219 on: February 20, 2019, 02:52:54 pm »
Just showing how boring I can be I was actually watching some parliamentary session yesterday whilst on holiday, where Greg Clark was answering questions on the Honda decision. He was asked by some Tory bellend to reiterate how Brexit was nothing to do with it and he responded that he had, on the record, a quote by an official telling him that future trading relationships was a factor.

I trust you mean sat at home on holiday...not on some exotic island on the beach sipping a drink from a coconut whilst trying to get a good signal from the portable tv ariel  set up next to you for
 BBC parliament live

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #14220 on: February 20, 2019, 03:37:21 pm »
Will still need substantial numbers of defections from both major parties before any meaningful 'new' party can be formed, which could be taken seriously, or have any chance of 'changing politics', but I guess it's a start.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

Lao Tzu

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14221 on: February 20, 2019, 03:43:14 pm »

Lao Tzu

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step into the taxi then on to the airport.

FlashingBlade
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 03:45:16 pm by FlashingBlade »

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14222 on: February 20, 2019, 03:43:42 pm »
 :wave

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14223 on: February 20, 2019, 03:56:39 pm »

Lao Tzu
Indeed.

Is it wrong that I read that with dodgy lip sync?  :D
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14224 on: February 20, 2019, 03:59:15 pm »
Britons may need £52 visa to visit mainland Europe after Brexit

British tourists travelling to continental Europe may need to pay £52 for a visa in a few weeks after Spanish demands over the status of Gibraltar again derailed Brussels’ preparations for Brexit.

Agreement on legislation exempting UK nationals from requiring the travel permit is mired in a dispute over whether the British overseas territory should be described as a “colony” in the EU’s statute book.

Spain has insisted, with the reluctant support of the other 26 member states, that a footnote containing the contentious description of the disputed territory is added to the legislation.

But the European parliament on Wednesday morning rejected the language proposed by the council of the European Union, the body that represents the member states.

It is the third time the member states’ proposal has been sent back by MEPs and casts doubt over whether the legislation can be salvaged in the next few weeks.

The legislation being discussed by the EU institutions would put the UK on a visa-exemption list from 29 March, when the country formally leaves the bloc.

Until 2021, there would be no need for a visa even if the UK left the EU without a deal. After that, UK nationals would need to pay £7 for three years visa-free travel under a new European travel information and authorisation system, which is being introduced for all non-EU states.

But if the impasse is not broken and the UK crashes out on 29 March, British nationals seeking to stay in an EU country for fewer than 90 days would be required to pay €60 (£52) for a Schengen visa that can take two weeks to be authorised.

Should the Commons finally ratify the prime minister’s withdrawal agreement, UK nationals would continue to be treated as EU citizens during a 21-month transition period, providing more time for a solution on the visa exemption to be found.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/20/britons-may-need-52-visa-to-visit-mainland-europe-after-brexit

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14225 on: February 20, 2019, 04:08:01 pm »
I trust you mean sat at home on holiday...not on some exotic island on the beach sipping a drink from a coconut whilst trying to get a good signal from the portable tv ariel  set up next to you for
 BBC parliament live

Not quite an exotic island, but warm and with some great wi-fi.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14226 on: February 20, 2019, 05:00:57 pm »
WATCH: Jamie Driscoll - Labour's candidate to be the new North of Tyne Mayor - struggles to explain his position on #Brexit. It is unclear whether he: -Wants Brexit to happen or not. -Wants a second referendum or not. @itvtynetees

https://twitter.com/joepike/status/1098250673035071490

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14227 on: February 20, 2019, 05:05:20 pm »

Momentum-Backed Mayor Hopeful Jamie Driscoll 'Hypocritical' For Sending Children To Private School

A Labour party mayoral hopeful has been asked to abandon his campaign after allegations emerged that he sent his children to private school.

The chairman of the Newcastle branch of Momentum, Jamie Driscoll, is running on a left-wing platform to be the party’s candidate for the newly-created North of Tyne mayor post.

But he has been accused of hypocrisy amid claims he sent his two primary school-aged children to Newcastle School for Boys, a fee-paying institution which charges parents as much as £4,616 per term.

A senior Labour source confirmed the issue has been raised with the party.

When approached, Driscoll did not deny the matter and told HuffPost UK: “Any parent’s first duty is to their children.”

It is said that Driscoll now home-schools his children, but that they previously attended the school.

Driscoll also said in a statement: “The personal attacks have started. My opponents must be worried.”

He added that he would not respond in detail as that may compromise the privacy of his children, despite pictures of him with his family at a campaign rally appearing in the banner on his campaign website and his ‘JD4Mayor’ Facebook page.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/labour-mayor-hopeful-jamie-driscoll-under-fire-for-sending-his-children-to-private-school_uk_5c0a83b2e4b0de79357c406e

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #14228 on: February 20, 2019, 05:08:34 pm »
The whole country should just ask for a time out and head off for some air in the countryside for a few weeks. Go on holiday by mistake til the future seems a bit clearer.
I’ve just done exactly that, went off to Berlin for a few days in the school holiday.  Cue much bitter muttering from me as we breezed through passport control (“we get to wait in that queue next time”), checked rawk on the phone (“can’t wait til I get to pay roaming charges again”), saw young British people having a drink no doubt after work in various start-ups (“there’ll be none of that soon”).  Just realised those were the only brexit references I saw or heard anywhere all weekend, just me stinking up the gaff. :(

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #14229 on: February 20, 2019, 05:47:12 pm »

I think the trickle will grow slowly at first but soon they will all want to be on the right side of this one, the tipping point as they say. But I was sort of hoping that this would have started months ago, time is the enemy now.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14230 on: February 20, 2019, 05:54:00 pm »

Labour in a nutshell. Do feel for the majority of councilors who are stuck in this terrible situation. The leadership have left them out to dry. He can't answer either way, because it will go against the party line of fence sitting. Not only three years ago, Burnham got to the piss took out of him for being a fence sitter, the leadership have rightly took that mantle.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #14231 on: February 20, 2019, 06:21:40 pm »

I loved this tweet:

Laz,husband of Rachel. Destroyer of Worlds.
‏ @lazaroumterror
1h1 hour ago
Replying to @joepike @itvtynetees

I felt my body implode into my anus with cringe at watching this.
I couldn't make it through the whole video.
Labour is Dead.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #14232 on: February 20, 2019, 06:25:03 pm »
I’ve just done exactly that, went off to Berlin for a few days in the school holiday.  Cue much bitter muttering from me as we breezed through passport control (“we get to wait in that queue next time”), checked rawk on the phone (“can’t wait til I get to pay roaming charges again”), saw young British people having a drink no doubt after work in various start-ups (“there’ll be none of that soon”).  Just realised those were the only brexit references I saw or heard anywhere all weekend, just me stinking up the gaff. :(

Oof. Hope you had a nice time of it all the same.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #14233 on: February 20, 2019, 07:00:13 pm »
Oof. Hope you had a nice time of it all the same.
Haha yes I did thanks, I didn’t feel shamefaced at the time.  The more useful brexit thought that occurred to me that it feels like East Berlin is where London’s business will get funnelled off to in due course, the tech-type stuff anyway.  It’s already massive, looks like it attracts the same crowd, and seems to have infinite room to expand.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #14234 on: February 20, 2019, 07:15:00 pm »
Haha yes I did thanks, I didn’t feel shamefaced at the time.  The more useful brexit thought that occurred to me that it feels like East Berlin is where London’s business will get funnelled off to in due course, the tech-type stuff anyway.  It’s already massive, looks like it attracts the same crowd, and seems to have infinite room to expand.
Irony doesn't quite cover it.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14236 on: February 20, 2019, 08:10:48 pm »
Joint statement on behalf of President Juncker and Prime Minister May

Brussels, 20 February 2019

President Juncker and Prime Minister May met today to take stock of their efforts to deliver the UK's orderly withdrawal from the EU, in line with the process launched by them on 7 February.

Their discussions covered:

which guarantees could be given with regard to the backstop that underlines once again its temporary nature and give the appropriate legal assurance to both sides. Both reconfirmed their commitment to avoiding a hard border on the island of Ireland and to respect the integrity of the EU's internal market and of the United Kingdom. The Prime Minister acknowledged the EU's position and notably the letter sent by President Tusk and President Juncker on 14 January. She welcomed the continued engagement of Task Force 50 with her team;
    the role alternative arrangements could play in replacing the backstop in future, where they tasked the Commission's Chief Negotiator Michel Barnier and Secretary of State Stephen Barclay with considering the process the European Commission and the UK will follow; and
    whether additions or changes to the Political Declaration can be made that are consistent with the EU and UK Government positions and increase confidence in the focus and ambition of both sides in delivering the future partnership envisaged as soon as possible. The Commission's Chief Negotiator and the Secretary of State will follow up.

The two leaders agreed that talks had been constructive, and they urged their respective teams to continue to explore the options in a positive spirit. They will review progress again in the coming days, seized of the tight timescale and the historic significance of setting the EU and the UK on a path to a deep and unique future partnership.

President Juncker and Prime Minister May agreed to talk again before the end of the month.

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_STATEMENT-19-1335_en.htm

Another unsuccessful trip to Brussels then. What a shocker.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14237 on: February 20, 2019, 08:15:24 pm »
http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_STATEMENT-19-1335_en.htm

Another unsuccessful trip to Brussels then. What a shocker.

I'm amazed that she hasn't managed to renegotiate a deal that has taken two years to negotiate, and been deemed non-negotiable.  I'm shocked that the EU didn't go for "unknown technology" or an unilateral withdrawl agreement.  :o

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14238 on: February 20, 2019, 08:22:05 pm »
I'm amazed that she hasn't managed to renegotiate a deal that has taken two years to negotiate, and been deemed non-negotiable.  I'm shocked that the EU didn't go for "unknown technology" or an unilateral withdrawl agreement.  :o

It is interesting that the statement references the letter from Tusk and Juncker that was published the day before (and had no positive effect on) the 1st meaningful vote. Seems like she's going to pin all her hopes on the same tactic next time via the so-called "codecil" (because using a posh term makes it sound more clever)

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14239 on: February 20, 2019, 08:25:21 pm »
EU-UK statement post Juncker/May meet says they discussed: 1)EU guarantees to assure UK that backstop is temporary 2)role of alternative arrangements to backstop in future 3)possible changes to the political declaration UPSUM: absolutely nothing new. They’ll meet again next week

https://twitter.com/BBCkatyaadler/status/1098305217110654977