Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2134112 times)

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #12800 on: February 3, 2020, 02:45:12 pm »
Even though it is Southampton it be so nice to pick up tickets in the late sale when the tickets are there for you and not gone in seconds.
Yeah you can also buy for United too. It’s mad, was there ever a circumstance where out late availability tickets were easily got?
YNWA

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12801 on: February 3, 2020, 03:04:14 pm »
It just seems far more slicker and quicker than ours, and so with far greater demand why arent we upgrading to this version? Are they that tight-fisted? Do we not pay them enough for tickets?

It's just a skin on top of the same software. It's just aesthetic apart from min/max price which would not be that useful for us, as you would probably just filter out an available ticket, then it would be gone. The only time I think that would help would be cup finals.

If you think it's faster, it probably has loads less strain on the servers, as we have thousands just sat on our site hitting F5 all day.

EDIT: I just did a full hard refresh on both home games ticket pages, from chrome network tab:
Southampton - initial load: 1.64s, final time: 2.93s
LFC: initial load: 1.15s, final time: 1.51s

« Last Edit: February 3, 2020, 03:07:12 pm by Craig S »

Offline REDMEN98

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12802 on: February 3, 2020, 03:09:12 pm »
Yeah you can also buy for United too. It’s mad, was there ever a circumstance where out late availability tickets were easily got?

Since the Past 3 seasons of doing this they always went quick, before then not a clue as we was on one of the official local supporters club for a few years before it has got disbanded.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12803 on: February 3, 2020, 03:10:38 pm »
It's just a skin on top of the same software. It's just aesthetic apart from min/max price which would not be that useful for us, as you would probably just filter out an available ticket, then it would be gone. The only time I think that would help would be cup finals.

If you think it's faster, it probably has loads less strain on the servers, as we have thousands just sat on our site hitting F5 all day.

EDIT: I just did a full hard refresh on both home games ticket pages, from chrome network tab:
Southampton - initial load: 1.64s, final time: 2.93s
LFC: initial load: 1.15s, final time: 1.51s

If it's a newer version though it's going to be far less buggy.

It's like people upgrading their phone software, or their laptop software, it doesnt make a lot of difference on the face of it, maybe the interface looks a bit different, but it's less buggy, faster and just better.

It's one thing having shit software, but at least have the best version of that shit software you can.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12804 on: February 3, 2020, 03:11:23 pm »
Something changed in around September time with our ticket website and broke it. Drop downs always used to work and appear instantly when tickets dropped. It stopped working properly sometime there and the site now runs really slow whenever theres a few people refreshing on there ! They need to reverse whatever they did.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12805 on: February 3, 2020, 03:18:17 pm »
why upgrade when they’ll sell anyway?

Because the existing system is generally fucking horrendous.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12806 on: February 3, 2020, 04:05:31 pm »
Because it's fucking shit and a bad experience for fans?

Amazing attitude though
Because the existing system is generally fucking horrendous.
im looking at it from their perspective, they know they’ll sell all the tickets regardless of how utterly shit it is so why spend more on it when it’s just an extra cost for the same revenue?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12807 on: February 3, 2020, 04:06:45 pm »

It's like people upgrading their phone software, or their laptop software, it doesnt make a lot of difference on the face of it, maybe the interface looks a bit different, but it's less buggy, faster and just better.

It's one thing having shit software, but at least have the best version of that shit software you can.
i think it’s a cache issue on the user end, I’ve had it a few times where the browser I’ve been refreshing on hasn’t got it but my phone does on a new session

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12808 on: February 3, 2020, 04:08:51 pm »
i think it’s a cache issue on the user end, I’ve had it a few times where the browser I’ve been refreshing on hasn’t got it but my phone does on a new session

And I've had it the other way, where a laptop I've never used has no clickable red blocks or drop downs and the one I have used all day does have them

It's fucked, buggy, and glitchy.

Upgrade it.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12809 on: February 3, 2020, 04:53:44 pm »

I don't agree. I find that IE always gives the drop downs but doesn't actually show you red blocks. Chrome is hit & miss. Firefox the same. Mobile browsers the same. The way their website is handing out the information to the browsers is incorrect. The fact is catches up and tends to work about 5 minutes after the drop has actually happened would tend to back this up. It's a delay in the information actually getting passed through long after the tickets have sold.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12810 on: February 3, 2020, 04:56:31 pm »
And I've had it the other way, where a laptop I've never used has no clickable red blocks or drop downs and the one I have used all day does have them

It's fucked, buggy, and glitchy.

Upgrade it.
Oh I’m not arguing it’s shite, I just don’t think there is any incentive, at least in the short term, to update it
I don't agree. I find that IE always gives the drop downs but doesn't actually show you red blocks. Chrome is hit & miss. Firefox the same. Mobile browsers the same. The way their website is handing out the information to the browsers is incorrect. The fact is catches up and tends to work about 5 minutes after the drop has actually happened would tend to back this up. It's a delay in the information actually getting passed through long after the tickets have sold.
could well be, just going off my experiences here

Offline r_ali

• Main Stander
« Reply #12811 on: February 3, 2020, 05:05:44 pm »
I remembered someone listing a load of clubs who use the same ticketing software as us, I remember Southampton being one so I went and had a look.

Looks like they use the same as us, but it looks a bit more up to date than ours! We must literally use the oldest, most basic version of this software there is!

Have a look

https://tickets.saintsfc.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/productHome.aspx?productsubtype=HOME

This is really interesting! I like that the circles for the seats are a little bit bigger. Although that makes it easier, which is probably a bad thing with the amount of demand we have compared to them.

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12812 on: February 3, 2020, 05:08:49 pm »
They literally have no reason to update it as they won't accept there's a problem with it. All the tickets get sold so everything must be fine. Despite so many people on here alone reporting it to not be working.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12813 on: February 3, 2020, 05:12:22 pm »

It's almost like an upgrade to the latest version might fix these issues.......

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12814 on: February 3, 2020, 05:17:44 pm »
It's almost like an upgrade to the latest version might fix these issues.......

:D Absolutely

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12815 on: February 3, 2020, 05:27:32 pm »
When do the local member tickets go on sale for each match? Is it a set amount of days before the game? I keep missing them!

The system is a joke. 169k people in the local members sale? [emoji28]. Is there even that many postcodes? Haha

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12816 on: February 3, 2020, 09:48:42 pm »
God I hope the Monday night factor makes life a smidge easier for a ticket. Missed out on the last few sales and I'm back home for it anyway.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12817 on: February 4, 2020, 09:54:38 am »
Need the kids to win tonight don't we?  Could do with Palace being rearranged to make that one easier for tickets, and it makes Villa the more likely title winner for those who are already sorted.

Also brings into play the possibility of a win at Goodison and a guard of honour at City which I would take.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #12818 on: February 4, 2020, 10:00:24 am »
Need the kids to win tonight don't we?  Could do with Palace being rearranged to make that one easier for tickets, and it makes Villa the more likely title winner for those who are already sorted.

Also brings into play the possibility of a win at Goodison and a guard of honour at City which I would take.
Winning tonight and v Chelsea would probably make city the likely game, can’t see Citiy losing 2 of the next 4, also not sure when their arsenal game is gonna be

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12819 on: February 4, 2020, 10:10:00 am »
Want to win it at Anfield. Fuck Goodison and fuck Etihad

Mad how we are picking and choosing which game to win the league!

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12820 on: February 4, 2020, 10:15:01 am »
Winning tonight and v Chelsea would probably make city the likely game, can’t see Citiy losing 2 of the next 4, also not sure when their arsenal game is gonna be

Forgot we'd need to beat Chelsea as well.

In any case, I don't think we win the next 6 on the bounce.  Goodison is always a draw, and Watford away will be tough, they should have got something at Anfield.  If we did win the 5 leading up to City, would a draw be good enough there?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12821 on: February 4, 2020, 10:22:42 am »
Forgot we'd need to beat Chelsea as well.

In any case, I don't think we win the next 6 on the bounce.  Goodison is always a draw, and Watford away will be tough, they should have got something at Anfield.  If we did win the 5 leading up to City, would a draw be good enough there?
Watford away will be tough but there’s no reason we shouldn’t steam roll them like we have everyone else, yeah I think a draw would be enough at city, honestly hope it’s done before then, even if it is we won’t hear the end of it if we lose. But I also want to win the FA Cup. I think city will drop points and it’ll be Everton

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12822 on: February 4, 2020, 10:24:52 am »
Anyone any idea when City v arsenal is gonna be? Can’t see any dates open that suits either

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12823 on: February 4, 2020, 10:26:26 am »
Watford away will be tough but there’s no reason we shouldn’t steam roll them like we have everyone else, yeah I think a draw would be enough at city, honestly hope it’s done before then, even if it is we won’t hear the end of it if we lose. But I also want to win the FA Cup. I think city will drop points and it’ll be Everton

Worst case would be winning the title through City dropping points rather than us winning a game.

These are very much first world problems I suppose!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12824 on: February 4, 2020, 10:29:34 am »
Worst case would be winning the title through City dropping points rather than us winning a game.

These are very much first world problems I suppose!
Yeah wouldn’t want that, that’s why I ask date of city arsenal cause it’s an extra game potentially  before we play our 5 or 6

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12825 on: February 4, 2020, 10:42:10 am »

Looking at the code in the network tab I don't think it's a 'newer' version of anything, all looks like the same scripts, it's a different UI and they've got some other features.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12826 on: February 4, 2020, 10:42:36 am »
Anyone any idea when City v arsenal is gonna be? Can’t see any dates open that suits either

11th March if Arsenal get knocked out of Europa other than that can't see a date before April - so highly unlikely will be before Everton

Online KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #12827 on: February 4, 2020, 11:17:15 am »
When is the best time to look on the site for late member sales on the web site?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12828 on: February 4, 2020, 11:18:00 am »
11th March if Arsenal get knocked out of Europa other than that can't see a date before April - so highly unlikely will be before Everton
might thoughts too, can’t see arsenal losing in that either, cluster fuck if either go on in Europe

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #12829 on: February 4, 2020, 11:50:39 am »
When is the best time to look on the site for late member sales on the web site?
All day every day until the game
YNWA

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12830 on: February 4, 2020, 11:56:27 am »
A mate of a mate was saying he sometimes had luck with refreshing tabs once in the queue, is this bullshit? I ask as I know on one of the last sales people were getting in earlier on tabs they opened after 8:15, while ones before still said over an hour, think you can see in previous pages. Sounds unlikely but wouldn't put anything past this ticketing system.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #12831 on: February 4, 2020, 12:22:46 pm »
A mate of a mate was saying he sometimes had luck with refreshing tabs once in the queue, is this bullshit? I ask as I know on one of the last sales people were getting in earlier on tabs they opened after 8:15, while ones before still said over an hour, think you can see in previous pages. Sounds unlikely but wouldn't put anything past this ticketing system.

Refreshing would just send you to the back of the queue but I have had it where I'm on say over an hour and then open a new browser and join the queue and it says under an hour or less than 45 mins. I always understood this as my initial queue glitching out and not moving without me noticing.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12832 on: February 4, 2020, 12:44:22 pm »
Refreshing would just send you to the back of the queue but I have had it where I'm on say over an hour and then open a new browser and join the queue and it says under an hour or less than 45 mins. I always understood this as my initial queue glitching out and not moving without me noticing.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but with opening a new browser that surely is similar to refreshing after the queue starts? Which is why it had me thinking. An some people seem to always get in earlier than others, so there must be a way of doing it better than others, probably not that but something, and not just luck and having multiple browsers open.

Either way it's almost an impossibility now anyway when you have 160,000 queuing for a local sale  ;D I think the next step is to track down and date someone from the TO then sneak in a conversation about ticket drop times the night before the wedding  ;D

Offline Tame_Impala

• You wanna know why I always think I’m right?
  • Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #12833 on: February 4, 2020, 12:54:30 pm »

I've opened new windows in the past which have gotten me in faster than the windows I've already had open - Never had the bottle to actually refresh windows I'd already had open though. Might try it just out of interest on my longest browser in the next sale

Offline rk1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12834 on: February 4, 2020, 01:12:51 pm »
I've opened new windows in the past which have gotten me in faster than the windows I've already had open - Never had the bottle to actually refresh windows I'd already had open though. Might try it just out of interest on my longest browser in the next sale

Generally you will end up at the back of the queue. Ive tried it before

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #12835 on: February 4, 2020, 01:23:40 pm »
might thoughts too, can’t see arsenal losing in that either, cluster fuck if either go on in Europe

Regardless of whether they get knocked out or not, I'm 99% sure prem games cannot be played on European dates???

City had to rearrange theirs to a midweek in May a couple years ago between the last 2 games of the season

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #12836 on: February 4, 2020, 01:24:31 pm »
Yeah, that's what I thought, but with opening a new browser that surely is similar to refreshing after the queue starts? Which is why it had me thinking. An some people seem to always get in earlier than others, so there must be a way of doing it better than others, probably not that but something, and not just luck and having multiple browsers open.

Either way it's almost an impossibility now anyway when you have 160,000 queuing for a local sale  ;D I think the next step is to track down and date someone from the TO then sneak in a conversation about ticket drop times the night before the wedding  ;D

I agree that there could be a trick that gives you a better chance but it's hard to really test and figure out what it could be. Anyone who might have worked out a reliable trick will be taking it to their grave so it's on every individual to work it out. If there is anything.

For example I've always wondered if refreshing right on 8:15 has any impact or if its better to just leave the page to auto refresh. If you get like 10 seconds into 8:15 and nothing has happened you start to panic.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12837 on: February 4, 2020, 01:38:43 pm »
Regardless of whether they get knocked out or not, I'm 99% sure prem games cannot be played on European dates???

City had to rearrange theirs to a midweek in May a couple years ago between the last 2 games of the season

That's not a thing any more I don't think, or the PL just have to pay a fine. And there are always re-arranged games played in midweek before the last game of the season, that's not an unusual thing.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12838 on: February 4, 2020, 01:40:18 pm »

yeah it’s changed, can play at the same time, pretty sure they did last season

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12839 on: February 4, 2020, 01:46:16 pm »
I’m pretty sure there’s only 3 non european weeks between now and the end of the season. The one in March is for the FA Cup 5th round. Considering if both city and arsenal progress in the FA cup their games will be moved, when are they gonna play this