Author Topic: Where to watch the champs league final  (Read 244036 times)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Where to watch the champs league final
« Reply #1080 on: May 8, 2019, 09:04:15 pm »
Guess just maybe not the Anfield Road end if stage being built etc

How many stands were open for the final last year?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1081 on: May 8, 2019, 09:07:22 pm »
I’ve got tickets to see Muse at the London stadium this night...
Great excuse not to go now, that’s lucky.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline walneyred8

• Wants to know what cock tastes like.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1082 on: May 8, 2019, 09:13:31 pm »
I’ve got tickets to see Muse at the London stadium this night...
I had ticket to see Ed Sheeran last year, fucked it right off, got beat and didn`t regret fucking it off one bit, the town was buzzing

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1083 on: May 8, 2019, 09:15:13 pm »
Managed to book 3 hotel rooms last night for £63 a room. 6 of us coming up. Are the club showing the final on screens at Anfield? If not, is The Sandon open that night?
The Sandon had a giant screen outside last year, with a fucking YouTube stream on, about a minute behind, took me right out of it.
AHA!

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1084 on: May 8, 2019, 10:27:17 pm »

All of them were open last year I think.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1085 on: May 8, 2019, 10:36:45 pm »
I see absolutely no reason why they can't do it just because there is a concert 5 days later.

The pitch area is not needed at all

Could be a staffing issue.

My understanding is that a lot of the behind-the-scenes matchday staff (who are there hours before the gates open) are under a lot of pressure with the ~25+ home matches, training days, and the new allowance for concerts.

It's a second job for most, and any game/event that falls outside of the norm has the potential to require time off from the first job.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1086 on: May 8, 2019, 10:52:20 pm »

My understanding is that a lot of the behind-the-scenes matchday staff (who are there hours before the gates open) are under a lot of pressure with the ~25+ home matches, training days, and the new allowance for concerts.

It's a second job for most, and any game/event that falls outside of the norm has the potential to require time off from the first job.

Ah gutted if it doesn't happen. I've promised people I'm taking them now.

Did someone mention the Echo Arena?

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1087 on: May 8, 2019, 11:00:44 pm »
Ah gutted if it doesn't happen. I've promised people I'm taking them now.

Did someone mention the Echo Arena?

Well don't worry based just on my word - I don't know anything - but I'm inclined to think that would be the bigger issue, rather than pitch condition/stage-building, etc.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1088 on: May 8, 2019, 11:12:35 pm »
I’d be surprised if the club put the big screens on taking into account the Take That concert. Turnaround time isn’t an issue for stadiums like Wembley but can see it being an issue for us unfortunately. Do hope I’m wrong though. Bet they’ll have screenings in the Kop Bar and that’s it, if the big screens aren’t an option.

Did the club have hospitality lounges open and packages including a sit down meal for last seasons final too? Seem to remember something going on sale close to the final?
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #1089 on: May 8, 2019, 11:18:32 pm »
Will be watching it at home. Dad coming over.

I'm actually arriving back in the UK from Manila literally hour before kick off.

Offline 18 yard line

• Anny Roader
  • Northern Ireland Red!
« Reply #1090 on: May 8, 2019, 11:21:32 pm »

Only the kop and Anny Rd as far as I know
Northern Ireland Red!

Offline El_Pistolero7

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird upon my chest...
« Reply #1091 on: May 8, 2019, 11:24:23 pm »
Only the kop and Anny Rd as far as I know

Kop, Lower main, Anfield road, and lower kemlyn

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #1092 on: May 8, 2019, 11:35:54 pm »
It's going to be weird, but I'm in Istanbul on the 1st.
Might just go back to the Attaturk and do that mad walk across the wasteland before the stadium and wait for the local chancers to try and sell us alcohol free bevvies at £5 a bottle again.

Good times.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #1093 on: May 9, 2019, 12:01:44 am »
Was in concert square for most of the day (fantastic atmosphere) and went to Anfield for the game screening last year. If they do the screening will probably go there again.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: May 9, 2019, 12:03:30 am »
I’d be surprised if the club put the big screens on taking into account the Take That concert. Turnaround time isn’t an issue for stadiums like Wembley but can see it being an issue for us unfortunately. Do hope I’m wrong though. Bet they’ll have screenings in the Kop Bar and that’s it, if the big screens aren’t an option.

Did the club have hospitality lounges open and packages including a sit down meal for last seasons final too? Seem to remember something going on sale close to the final?

What is there to turnaround? It’s a few TV screens.

Wheel them on, then wheel them back off

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1095 on: May 9, 2019, 12:12:29 am »

Well Take That can fuck off then, can’t they. Scruffy manc twats.  This is a bit more important than a bunch of meffs who still haven’t learnt how to play any instruments 30 years after starting a “band” mincing about on a stage and shouting out of tune.

Offline fridge

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1096 on: May 9, 2019, 12:14:48 am »
guys i am from germany, currently living in malta, i consider going to liverpool/madrid for the  finals, what would you realise is better (madrid without a ticket of course). How are the hotel prices in liverpool, basically would only need a room to sleep in.

Last year it was almost impossible to get a hotel in Liverpool. People traveled from far and wide to be in the city for the final and this year will be the same. The earlier you try to find a hotel the better
Each night before I go to bed I thank the Lord that I'm a Red

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1098 on: May 9, 2019, 12:18:43 am »
Well Take That can fuck off then, can’t they. Scruffy manc twats.  This is a bit more important than a bunch of meffs who still haven’t learnt how to play any instruments 30 years after starting a “band” mincing about on a stage and shouting out of tune.

You say that but we're having to try and rent Spurs' stadium for a pre-season game because Pink or somebody is playing at Anfield around that date.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1099 on: May 9, 2019, 12:27:18 am »
Wouldn't Take That use big screens? I have no idea on the logistics of this sort of thing so am probably talking out of my arse, but couldn't we just do the Take That set up early and use that? They'll have standing room already planned out for the concert layout with ways to bars etc already there and most bands have huge screens so the plebs who can't afford a 100 quid ticket (or whatever it is) at the back can still see.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #1100 on: May 9, 2019, 03:12:54 am »
It's going to be weird, but I'm in Istanbul on the 1st.
Might just go back to the Attaturk and do that mad walk across the wasteland before the stadium and wait for the local chancers to try and sell us alcohol free bevvies at £5 a bottle again.

Good times.

You do realize the 2020 CL Final is in the Attaturk....get your spec now... :P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1101 on: May 9, 2019, 08:28:29 am »
Couldn’t agree more, but reading lots about it being an issue. Do hope it’s all wrong though and they do put the screenings on.
Last year it was almost impossible to get a hotel in Liverpool. People traveled from far and wide to be in the city for the final and this year will be the same. The earlier you try to find a hotel the better
Already pretty much nothing available and those that are, are ridiculous prices as well.
You say that but we're having to try and rent Spurs' stadium for a pre-season game because Pink or somebody is playing at Anfield around that date.
That’s due to us relaying the pitch though isn’t it? Still, the last I heard on that is that the club still plan on having a home friendly regardless of this on the week before the new season. Spurs stadium is an option due to Wembley, Dublin and Cardiff not being options on the date we want.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1102 on: May 9, 2019, 08:32:00 am »

Take That is like 5 days later isn’t it?

Doubt that’ll prevent them doing it. Even if the stage is up at one end.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1103 on: May 9, 2019, 08:53:48 am »
We need to have a little patience.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1104 on: May 9, 2019, 09:20:54 am »
Anyone who can't get to the game or to a boozer etc...BT sports are screening it free.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1105 on: May 9, 2019, 09:28:55 am »

What sort of excuse is that, they could just employ some more!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1106 on: May 9, 2019, 09:33:58 am »

It's 4 days no?

Concert will load out in hours not days, same with screens. Bump in you're talking 24 hours at most.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1107 on: May 9, 2019, 09:35:01 am »
Could be a massive problem for me. I usually watch such games with a few mates, who support: Man Utd, A. Villa and West Ham. They are all of the strange breed who support any English team in Europe. However, a Spurs fan works on the floor below, he will get invited by the landlord (one of those mentioned above), he's a racist, has extreme hate for Liverpool fans and Salah. He's also potentially violent. This is a nightmare.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1108 on: May 9, 2019, 10:08:01 am »
What hotel was this mate?

Stonedale Park Travelodge

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1109 on: May 9, 2019, 10:18:45 am »
You do realize the 2020 CL Final is in the Attaturk....get your spec now... :P

On Gerrard's 40th birthday, too.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1110 on: May 9, 2019, 12:01:30 pm »
Could be a massive problem for me. I usually watch such games with a few mates, who support: Man Utd, A. Villa and West Ham. They are all of the strange breed who support any English team in Europe. However, a Spurs fan works on the floor below, he will get invited by the landlord (one of those mentioned above), he's a racist, has extreme hate for Liverpool fans and Salah. He's also potentially violent. This is a nightmare.
I’m sure you can make better arrangements than watching it with a racist, Liverpool-hating Spurs fan. You could probably go down the zoo and watch it in the Polar Bear enclosure and have a better time.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #1111 on: May 9, 2019, 12:05:14 pm »
I’m sure you can make better arrangements than watching it with a racist, Liverpool-hating Spurs fan. You could probably go down the zoo and watch it in the Polar Bear enclosure and have a better time.
He could take his spurs loving liverpool hating rascist mate with him, the spurs fan would probably put a bid in for the polar bear..sounds like he has Buy polar disorder
JFT 96

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1112 on: May 9, 2019, 12:08:09 pm »
He could take his spurs loving liverpool hating rascist mate with him, the spurs fan would probably put a bid in for the polar bear..sounds like he has Buy polar disorder

<that ‘Get Out’ gif> ;D

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: May 9, 2019, 12:21:37 pm »
So last year had a wedding (not mine) , that came down too either you check your phone in the toliet for the score or you cant follow it, jibbed off the wedding. 

That friendship ain't recovered and bled into same group of mates, as another wedding from same group of mates was not invited on the back of it, this lad has ended up working for  spurs and will be sorted for Madrid.

Hope this all has a happy ending mainly with reds winning number 6.     
No time for caution.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1114 on: May 9, 2019, 12:54:45 pm »
Take That is like 5 days later isn’t it?

Doubt that’ll prevent them doing it. Even if the stage is up at one end.
Fully agree that it shouldn’t be an issue whatsoever. Just going off what I’ve read and do know someone who has rang the club up querying it and they’ve been told it won’t be happening.

Fingers crossed that’s wrong though.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1115 on: May 9, 2019, 01:44:23 pm »
I live about a four hour drive from Madrid so going to get a car load of us and go up. Worked okay for me for once!
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline InRetrospect

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1116 on: May 9, 2019, 01:58:17 pm »
Barlow is a Liverpool fan, he'd probably rather there be a screening than not due to Take That.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1117 on: May 9, 2019, 02:02:10 pm »
Barlow is a Liverpool fan, he'd probably rather there be a screening than not due to Take That.
The Tory and S*n loving prick won’t give one.

Offline InRetrospect

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1118 on: May 9, 2019, 03:35:05 pm »
The Tory and S*n loving prick won’t give one.

There is that...

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1119 on: May 9, 2019, 03:37:38 pm »
So last year had a wedding (not mine) , that came down too either you check your phone in the toliet for the score or you cant follow it, jibbed off the wedding. 

That friendship ain't recovered and bled into same group of mates, as another wedding from same group of mates was not invited on the back of it, this lad has ended up working for  spurs and will be sorted for Madrid.

Hope this all has a happy ending mainly with reds winning number 6.     

I think I read your story last year! Your "mate" sounded like a massive bellend. There will plenty more stories like that with Spurs there as well, I think.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias