Author Topic: Liverpool vs. Bournemouth - Sat 14th April - 5:30pm  (Read 28434 times)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Liverpool vs. Bournemouth - Sat 14th April - 5:30pm
« on: April 12, 2018, 06:09:30 pm »
Is Ibe cup tied for this one? :wave

Preview

So Bournemouth visit Anfield for this Saturday's afternoon kick off.

Sometimes these games can't help but feel like a little "after the Lord Mayor's show". Liverpool are celebrating a memorable Champions League QF win over champions elect Man City, with fans dreaming about our forthcoming SF against Roma in less than 2 weeks. The humdrum of the Saturday league game that follows a memorable European night can feel like a bit of a come down, particularly when you have a game like this where there feels like there's not that much on the line.

That's not to say there's nothing to play for. Liverpool are not guaranteed a top 4 spot yet, though Chelsea's recent poor run and the reds' good form has opened up a gap that will be 7 points at worst and 10 points at best by kick off (Chelsea playing the lunchtime game against relegation threatened Southampton). If Chelsea can cut the gap, and we were to drop silly points in this game, it might create unwelcome uncertainty at a key time of the season. With a trip to Chelsea following a few days after the second leg of the Roma tie, we should be looking to seal top 4 as soon as practicable, if only so that we can rest key players for our European exploits. Let alone that, while we may have bigger fish to fry, we would all want to finish above Spurs and Man Utd if at all possible.

But it's still hard to pretend that this is an important game for Liverpool, and all the less so for Bournemouth. Their remaining fixtures are all in effect dead rubbers, already on 38 points (10 ahead of 18th placed Saints who do have a game in hand) and so with little concern about relegation, and 11 points behind the 7th place finish that looks likely to yield Europa League football next season. We can but hope that their players have an eye on their summer holidays and calling their agents about new contracts or a lucrative move.

Recent record

Whilst I wouldn't go as far as calling Bournemouth a bogey team, we've had some mixed results in the last couple of seasons. Since Bournemouth joined the Premier League there have been 6 meetings:

17 Aug 2015   Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth   W   1-0   Premier League
28 Oct 2015   Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth   W   1-0   League Cup
17 Apr 2016   AFC Bournemouth v Liverpool   W   1-2   Premier League
04 Dec 2016   AFC Bournemouth v Liverpool   L   4-3   Premier League
05 Apr 2017   Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth   D   2-2   Premier League
17 Dec 2017   AFC Bournemouth v Liverpool   W   0-4   Premier League

Our win in August 2015 was a deeply uncomfortable one, our only goal coming from Christian Benteke coming when Coutinho (remember him?) was in an offside position, and with Bournemouth having a goal controversially ruled out. It was to be one of Brendan Rodgers' last few games.

Just two months later we hosted Bournemouth in the League Cup, with Clyne scoring the only goal. A forgettable game, but it was in fact Jürgen Klopp's first win as Liverpool manager after three draws, and a step towards his first and to date only Wembley appearance, the League Cup final against Man City.

Later in the season, we were rotating players heavily as we travelled to the south coast but still managed a win with goals from Bobby and Sturridge. The squad had beaten Dortmund 4-3 just days earlier and our starting XI featured Ward, Randall, Kolo Toure (who was replaced by Sakho, soon to be banned and never return, Lucas at CB, Brad Smith, Ojo, Stewart, Allen, Ibe, Firmino and Sturridge. Man of the match, according to the BBC? Jordan Ibe, now of the Cherries.

The less said about our 4-3 loss on the south coast last season the better. The hosts earned their first ever win against us, coming from 1-3 down to win in stoppage time. Our game management and the performances of certain players, including keeper Loris Karius, were heavily criticised. It's amazing the different a year can make.

We couldn't gain vengeance later in the season either as we chased a Champions League spot that looks even more important now than it did in April 2017. An early Afobe goal saw us respond through Coutihno and Origi, but Josh King's stoppage time leveller was unhelpful as both Man City, Arsenal and Man Utd closed in behind us.

Thankfully this season we were back to winning ways, and emphatically so, with Coutingho, Firmino, Lovren and Salah all scoring in a 4-0 romp at Dean Court.

The Match

Liverpool go into the game with question marks over the fitness of Salah and Firmino, and with Can, Matip, Lallana, Gomez, Clyne and Klavan all out.

Form WWLWWD

Bournemouth have fewer concerns. Former red Jordan Ibe is a doubt due to illness, and Smith , Stanislas and Mings are all on the injury list.

Form DDLWDD

It's hard to predict how we'll line up for this one, but don't be too surprised if we name a strong side, with a chance to edge closer to the top 4 finishing line and still over 10 days before our next European adventure.

So let us hope that we can recapture the spirit of 2015/2016 - a team against who Klopp celebrated the first of many wins as LFC boss, and against whom we delivered a solid win just days after a thrilling European quarter final.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 12:01:09 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
Re: Liverpool vs. Bournemouth - Sat 14th April - 5:30pm
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 06:17:23 pm »
Otherwise known as the game where Salah gets to pad his goal stats  :wave
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 06:25:41 pm »
Haha no one's fucking arsed ;D

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 06:26:07 pm »
I like to see Ings and Solanke play uptop again. They need more games. And i reckon they will both score goals in this game when given the chance.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 06:33:24 pm »
I like to see Ings and Solanke play uptop again.

Think you'll need to pop along to an U23s game then

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 06:34:42 pm »
I like to see Ings and Solanke play uptop again. They need more games. And i reckon they will both score goals in this game when given the chance.

I'd prefer to get three points. Maybe Solanke as he may be a future starter/quality back up.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 06:35:05 pm »
Think you'll need to pop along to an U23s game then

:thumbup
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 06:35:14 pm »
If we hit our performance levels, we win the match. Simple as that.

Hope we show the right application, approach, character etc after such a big week. Sure we will, because this group of lads wants to be the best in the world and they'll know by now that means doing it week in week out.

Don't take chances with fitness, but keep our momentum form going.

3 nil redmen.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 06:37:58 pm »
If we hit our performance levels, we win the match. Simple as that.

Hope we show the right application, approach, character etc after such a big week. Sure we will, because this group of lads wants to be the best in the world and they'll know by now that means doing it week in week out.

Don't take chances with fitness, but keep our momentum form going.

3 nil redmen.

I think we'll go unbeaten in the league for the remaining games, we're awesome at the moment!

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 06:38:39 pm »
If Southampton manage to beat Chelsea in the early kick off I think Klopp could rest a good few of the main lads
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 06:40:10 pm »
All that is needed is for Anfield to start the 'Allez, allez' and we'll steamroll them.
Looking forward to seeing us play again.

Hope the players are well rested.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 06:41:00 pm »
Play who is available and win the game.

Karius

Clyne
Lovren
Van Dijk
Moreno

Henderson
Chamberlain
Milner

Mane
Firmino
Salah

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 06:43:03 pm »

Why lol? We will play our strongest eleven as we have two full days of training between games and then not another game for a week after that.

Maybe rest Trent and Milner but rest should start imo.

Karius
Clyne - Lovren - Van Dijk - Robbo
               Henderson
           Gini              Ox
Salah          Firmino             Mane

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2018, 06:43:05 pm »
I think we'll go unbeaten in the league for the remaining games, we're awesome at the moment!

Well, four fixtures will now be impacted by the CL semis, so depends on fitness and form.

Point is, we don't need to. Get this game boxed and we need what, 5 points to guarantee 4th?

Edit. Maybe only 3 fixtures? Not sure how they fall...

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2018, 06:45:19 pm »
Need to go full strength. Get top four tied up before the semi finals.

Bournemouth are perfect opponents for us too. They have nothing to play for and are a team that like to attack and open up.

I can see a very comfortable win and a Salah hat-trick.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 06:46:36 pm »
Well, four fixtures will now be impacted by the CL semis, so depends on fitness and form.

Point is, we don't need to. Get this game boxed and we need what, 5 points to guarantee 4th?

West Brom
CL Leg 1
Stoke
CL Leg 2
Chelsea (Is on a Sunday and if we get a Tuesday fixture in the 2nd leg then not much of an impact)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 06:46:46 pm »
It depends how much the players want it but we could score 6 or 7 against these

They're shambolic at the back yet still try and play football - of all the weaker teams this is the perfect fixture for us
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 06:59:03 pm by JackWard33 »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2018, 06:48:29 pm »

Oh yeah, we won't need to, I just think we will.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2018, 07:00:25 pm »
Oh yeah, we won't need to, I just think we will.

In fairness mate, I'm pretty sure you think we're winning every game.

No dig like, we're deffo capable :scarf

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2018, 07:08:17 pm »
Go strong, let Salah get a few, then give the likes of Solanke and Ings some more minutes from the bench.

I doubt it will happen given the players we have fit and available but it would be nice to see players like Woodburn and Curtis Jones in the squad.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2018, 07:08:25 pm »
Belter of an OP Titi lad.  :wave

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 07:11:19 pm »

Nooooooooooooo,start with the strongest side possible.

Not a time to be fucking around,that can wait until we have at least 4th wrapped up.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 07:14:50 pm »

9 or possible 8
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 07:16:08 pm »
In fairness mate, I'm pretty sure you think we're winning every game.

No dig like, we're deffo capable :scarf

Both of those are true. ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 07:22:32 pm »
Any early training and injury news?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2018, 07:30:29 pm »
Any early training and injury news?

Not seen anything yet.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2018, 07:34:37 pm »
We lost to Swansea so take nothing for granted.  Besides, I want Salah claiming all the goals.  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2018, 07:36:23 pm »
Mane and Milner are due a rest now...

Would be lovely to see Woodburn get a run out...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2018, 07:56:13 pm »
We need just 8 points to guarantee top 4 from the next 5 games. That assumes Chelsea win them all, including the game against us. Chelsea have away matches at Swansea, Burnley, Newcastle and Southampton in that lot and I just can't see them winning all those. Think 2/4 would be likely there. Basically, I think we likely only need 4 or 5 points to be safe and we could pick those points up with our second string and then go full strength for a draw at the Bridge.

I would like Woodburn to get a start. Given the lack of midfield options, I do think we will need someone who can take minutes off of Chamberlain between now and the end of the season. Henderson in for Milner also who has played a lot of football given his age in just 6 days. Rotate the full backs, give Klavan a game at CB, drop one of the front 3 for Ings/Solanke.

That should still be enough to give Bournemouth a good game and very likely come away with 3 points.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2018, 08:03:05 pm »
3 points and no injuries, please. A clean sheet would be a bonus.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2018, 08:03:28 pm »
Belter of an OP Titi lad.  :wave

Should have seen the first draft! He cut a lot of the waffle out as he felt it was going on a bit.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2018, 08:20:19 pm »
Play who is available and win the game.

Karius

Clyne
Lovren
Van Dijk
Moreno

Henderson
Chamberlain
Milner

Mane
Firmino
Salah
This
If saints do us a favour we could be more or less there if we win this.
Hopefully Salah gets a couple to sicken that snide Kane

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2018, 08:23:31 pm »
We should give Salah a rest. We don't want him to tear anything after the concerns he had.

A 10 day rest would do him good.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2018, 08:24:39 pm »
This
If saints do us a favour we could be more or less there if we win this.
Hopefully Salah gets a couple to sicken that snide Kane

Get the game done by the 60th minute and take off the front three and rest them that way

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2018, 09:25:47 pm »
Come on Redmen!
Hope we play our best X1 and I like Bournemouth as they try to play. Good game and comfortable win please.
Mane, Bobby and Mo to score.
Give Millie the day off, Hendo, AOC and Gini in midfield, unless we give Benny a run
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2018, 09:38:49 pm »
Do we have to play this?

Joking apart we need to get our heads back down to earth and make sure we win this one.
#JFT97

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2018, 09:39:11 pm »
Hope we can put this to bed early and start resting players to keep them fresh

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2018, 09:49:04 pm »
We should give Salah a rest. We don't want him to tear anything after the concerns he had.

A 10 day rest would do him good.

I fancy he won’t agree with you :)

He obviously cares about the Golden boot - I’d be praying if I was Bournemouth

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2018, 09:53:17 pm »
If Southampton manage to beat Chelsea in the early kick off I think Klopp could rest a good few of the main lads

Not having it. We have a week until the next set of games and we should be looking at 3rd, not 4th even if the place itself doesn't have significance. Finishing above Spurs is good enough motivation. We've been finishing behind them for quite a few seasons now. In fact, every season since 2013-14 I think.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2018, 09:54:56 pm »
Great OP as usual  ;)