Author Topic: PL: Everton 0 vs. Liverpool 0  (Read 46264 times)

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: PL: Everton 0 vs. Liverpool 0
« Reply #400 on: April 7, 2018, 02:52:01 pm »
Remember when people wanted Sterling loaned out after a loss away to Hull? (i think)

It never changes.

Trent wasn't good enough a week ago, Gomez would have been gone a long time ago, Solanke was getting praised for his performance off the bench in the Champions League on Wednesday and now he's a Championship striker today.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #401 on: April 7, 2018, 02:52:12 pm »
Everton briefly looked like doing something in the last 10 but that is mostly down to our full backs being knackered. While it's perhaps fair to say Ings and Solanke could have done more, they also haven't played much at all so it's also understandable that a lot of things they tried didn't come off. The wet conditions didn't help either. Neither did the lack of out ball on the left hand side, with Klavan out of position at left back.

All things considered, a draw is a decent result. We have a string of winnable league fixtures coming up which should seal our top four position.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #402 on: April 7, 2018, 02:52:32 pm »
The Karius therad is  locked, I want to fawn over him, he's so dreamy  :P

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #403 on: April 7, 2018, 02:52:46 pm »
For all our injury issues and with a few players playing after ages, and with the ref not giving their fouls combined, they had 1 shot on target. Says it all.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #404 on: April 7, 2018, 02:52:54 pm »
Why are people saying ridiculous shit things in here?

I know. Like Arsenal are really going to win the Europa League.

Was there really no bookings? When was the last Derby that happened I wonder?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: April 7, 2018, 02:53:01 pm »
Not surprising really given all that rain.

;D
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: April 7, 2018, 02:53:48 pm »
10 more points gets us 4th and that's if Chelsea win 7 out of 7 games.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: April 7, 2018, 02:54:54 pm »

Fantastic save from Bolaise, really thought that was in. Fucking cock that is Redknapp putting it all down to VVD and how Mignolet would love to play behind him - fuck off, Karius is a better fit for us.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #408 on: April 7, 2018, 02:55:13 pm »

That's what the post match thread is for isn't it?

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: April 7, 2018, 02:55:38 pm »
Decent enough point. No damage done, not a momentum buster and still get to laugh at Everton. Nobody panic if Chelsea win tomorrow please, our next three look very winnable.
Looking for an Andy Townsend 'Yep' for that one mate.

Or maybe someone can think of an AP which would be more apt.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #410 on: April 7, 2018, 02:55:43 pm »

Was there really no bookings? When was the last Derby that happened I wonder?

Beetlejuice just wandered past me, accompanied by Candyman
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: April 7, 2018, 02:55:53 pm »
10 more points gets us 4th and that's if Chelsea win 7 out of 7 games.

They lost to West Ham last time they played them, still need to play us and they've been rubbish at keeping a winning run going, so I would be amazed if they won more than four of those games.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: April 7, 2018, 02:55:55 pm »
No cards shown in a derby tells it's own story.

How many years has been it since that happened?

No bookings. When was the last time that happened in a derby?

First time since December 1992 (first Premier League derby at Goodison)
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: April 7, 2018, 02:56:18 pm »
It never changes.

Trent wasn't good enough a week ago, Gomez would have been gone a long time ago, Solanke was getting praised for his performance off the bench in the Champions League on Wednesday and now he's a Championship striker today.

Typical modern football fan - no patience.

Yes Solanke was not great in the 2nd half but he still could have scored and some exceptional defending stopped him from getting some shots off today. I don't think it's a secret that we need another attacking option (or two). But the guy had barely kicked a football for the first team in 3 months, I think some of the judgement is totally unfair.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #414 on: April 7, 2018, 02:56:41 pm »
Sad to say that but our bench is still very short.

What nonsense. We are/were missing Robertson, Matip Gomez, Lallana, Can, Salah etc.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #415 on: April 7, 2018, 02:57:27 pm »
A little part of me wanted them to win, just to see their massive overreaction and for it to dawn on them the hollowness of their victory. We are in between a  Champions League quarter final against the Champions and have many players out through injury. We played a lad up front who hasn't scored for us and another who hasn't started a league game for us in nearly 1000 days. We had a centre back at left back. And aside from us tiring a touch and dropping off for the last 15 minutes, we controlled the game. They still couldn't beat us. It was on a fucking plate for them!

Clyne and Gini were excellent. Karius made a very good save and Milner continued his fine form. Van Dijk is incredibly good. We have bigger fish to fry. Maybe next time for you blue lot.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: April 7, 2018, 02:57:37 pm »
Fantastic save from Bolaise, really thought that was in. Fucking cock that is Redknapp putting it all down to VVD and how Mignolet would love to play behind him - fuck off, Karius is a better fit for us.

Some just don't want to admit that they where twats not giving a new goalie who got injured time to actually settle and grow and regain his lost confidence, especially coming from a small club to a big club with all the added pressure being under the spotlight. So now they say shit like that! Does my nut in.

Yes VVD has been so good, but him and Karius are in sync with each other as is Robbo too, the whole defence deserves a shit ton of credit. 

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #417 on: April 7, 2018, 02:57:50 pm »
Am I the only one who thought that was hilarious? Everton's best chance to beat Liverpool in years, a second string for the Derby, a shattered side with half an eye on Tuesday. A game Liverpool didn't need to win. And Everton failed to do anything bar a mad scramble at the end.

How can any Everton fan watch their team at home do that and think "these are our peers." They are so far off Liverpool its funny. 8 years and still no reult against liverpool. Could be 9 years depending on fixtures. Desperately trying to build a new stadium to match liverpool, ready to impoverish themselves for it. Today was a window into their future, an empty, meaningless future.

Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: April 7, 2018, 02:59:22 pm »
Not a bad result for an experiment.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #419 on: April 7, 2018, 03:00:10 pm »
2nd half capitulation.
I know mate, hilarious that is! For the first 20/25 mins Everton only touched the ball about twice

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #420 on: April 7, 2018, 03:00:49 pm »

Loved how commanding he was in a claiming a cross in the second half when Walcott and Tosun (I think) were right on top of him.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: April 7, 2018, 03:01:53 pm »

Surely not  ;D

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #422 on: April 7, 2018, 03:01:55 pm »
2nd half capitulation.    :butt   It finished 0-0
I know, right? :'(
Twats!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #423 on: April 7, 2018, 03:02:33 pm »
Loved how commanding he was in a claiming a cross in the second half when Walcott and Tosun (I think) were right on top of him.

Agree with that he just came through those players to claim it, shows how much more decisive he has become.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: April 7, 2018, 03:03:11 pm »
Am I the only one who thought that was hilarious? Everton's best chance to beat Liverpool in years, a second string for the Derby, a shattered side with half an eye on Tuesday. A game Liverpool didn't need to win. And Everton failed to do anything bar a mad scramble at the end.

How can any Everton fan watch their team at home do that and think "these are our peers." They are so far off Liverpool its funny. 8 years and still no reult against liverpool. Could be 9 years depending on fixtures. Desperately trying to build a new stadium to match liverpool, ready to impoverish themselves for it. Today was a window into their future, an empty, meaningless future.

yeah me, well apart from the last few mins! But honestly, it was pathetic on their behalf. Liverpool rightly having to play a bit within themselves, coming off a tough emotional game, and another in just 3 days time.  Our 2 best players rested, our two first choice fullbacks rested, a central defender who's been injured in cold at left back. A player who's missed all the season playing his first game at right back. A forward making his first start in about 3 years alongside a young player without much experience at the top level.

Pathetic from Everton, a cowardly nothing team.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #425 on: April 7, 2018, 03:03:17 pm »
Thought Firmino was very poor when he came on. Not sure why he didn't go up top and Solanke wide

He was on to give Mane a rest and keep match fitness for Tuesday.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: April 7, 2018, 03:04:24 pm »
Cant believe the idiotic shouts in here about Ings and Solanke. The game was a non event dont be judging players on that. Klopp basically gave Ings, Solanke, Klavan, Clyne a run out. Also gave Gini a game at 6 for Tuesday. Moreno not playing was a surprise i think Klopp must be starting him on tuesday maybe Robbo might be a doubt or Moreno could be playing in the front 3 if Mo doesnt make it. Everton will never have a better chance to turn us over and the fume will be strong after this.

I think Moreno was injured in warm-up. Havent heard anything about Robbo being a doubt for Tuesday.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: April 7, 2018, 03:04:28 pm »
Some just don't want to admit that they where twats not giving a new goalie who got injured time to actually settle and grow and regain his lost confidence, especially coming from a small club to a big club with all the added pressure being under the spotlight. So now they say shit like that! Does my nut in.

Yes VVD has been so good, but him and Karius are in sync with each other as is Robbo too, the whole defence deserves a shit ton of credit. 

Another thing overlooked, if the defence trust the keeper, they feel more relaxed about playing their own games. I saw the change the season Reina replaced Dudek, you could see and hear the difference in the defence and it is the same now. The back 5 are now a unit that works together.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: April 7, 2018, 03:04:41 pm »
Came and went without any injuries, a point, and the recognition that their significance lies with our existence only
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: April 7, 2018, 03:04:49 pm »
Thought Firmino was very poor when he came on. Not sure why he didn't go up top and Solanke wide

Probably to keep him out of harms way from their 2 centrebacks.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: April 7, 2018, 03:04:59 pm »
Is Karius doing the David de Gea "ugly-duckling-into-swan" type of thing, here? Is that what's going on? Coz he's looking mighty good right now.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #431 on: April 7, 2018, 03:05:23 pm »
If we finish 4th and Arse win EL, do we go down to EL, or is it only if the CL winner finishes outside top 4 that they get bumped?

erm look at what happened last season  ;)
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: April 7, 2018, 03:05:47 pm »
I think Moreno was injured in warm-up. Havent heard anything about Robbo being a doubt for Tuesday.

Yeah, Moreno had a slight knock beforehand and it got worse in the warm up. Robertson should be fine for Tuesday.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: April 7, 2018, 03:06:13 pm »
He was on to give Mane a rest and keep match fitness for Tuesday.

Yeah Lee Dixon on comms said the same thing. Basically Kloppo was treating it as a training exercise in the second half with Ox, Bob coming on for Mane and Milner.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: April 7, 2018, 03:06:34 pm »
Because we are short in midfield thats why Milner came off first which was unfortunate because I think had we have gotten Firmino on the pitch first and given him and Mane 10 minutes together we could have won.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #435 on: April 7, 2018, 03:07:08 pm »
Do so in here - the lock is a pretty standard thing to do when certain players are in the post-match limelight. It'll open again soon......

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #436 on: April 7, 2018, 03:07:48 pm »
1 shot on goal today.

Clean sheet.

1 shot on goal the last 180 minutes.

Liverpool have a shit defence... :P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #437 on: April 7, 2018, 03:08:08 pm »
Thought James Milner was fantastic again before he was subbed. Bit quiet once he went off though.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: April 7, 2018, 03:08:32 pm »
Is Karius doing the David de Gea "ugly-duckling-into-swan" type of thing, here? Is that what's going on? Coz he's looking mighty good right now.

He's a talented goalie, always has been. What is going on is that he's now settled into his number 1 role.

What went on before was that a shit ton of fans and dickhead pundits and the media gave him utter shit and wouldn't show an ounce of patience or understanding with him, and decided he'd be a fantastic target for abuse.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: April 7, 2018, 03:08:35 pm »
This was their best chance of beating us and they still couldn't do it the mutant meffs.